Does anyone agree with me ??

• Thread starter mypobox
  • 79 comments
Yes or no, what you need to answer yourself first is
do you what the car???

I think this is more like a phylosophycal life related question :cyclops:

You hear of people living their lives with a roll of the dice. You don't hear of people living their lives by hitting X and shouting at the TV!!! :D

well yes and no i guess. there should definetly be a new method though. i spent too much time on the last race of dream car in ammy trying to get the imprezza and i kept getting the s200, which i didnt need, and so i just said forget the race ill jsut skip the last race AND FINALLY i get the imprezza lm. :irked:

I haven't read every post so this may have been posted but here is my 2c worth.

I think there could be 5 random choices (not 4)

1. Car 1
2. Car 2
3. Car 3
4. Car 4
5. Your choice.

If it lands on 5 you choose the car.

OR

It gives you credits eg in the roadster enduro you get 50,000 additional credits which you can put towards the purchase of an F1. Maybe the price could be the second hand price if you buy it there and then or it is unlocked to buy at full price later.

I don't think it should be based on performance and here is why.

I am near the end of the game and want to win all prize cars. This includes the Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi that you win in the Professional Gran Turismo All Stars. You cannot get this version of the Imprezza any other way. It would clearly be the lowest ranked prize car for that series. Do I need to guess how many prangs I need to do to win it. Do I need to make sure I win by only 1 second to win it. That would suck. I prefer the save game method on the series.

I agree that it is a bit tough in the endurance races but most cars there except F1 can be bought or won elsewhere. I also think it is quite generous in its F1 allocation. I know other people have other experiences but I ran the Super Speedway in an Altezza LM Car and won by 19 laps and got the F1 car. I then did it in the F1 car and mucked around to still win by 19 laps and got another F1 car. I then did it in the Escudo and mucked around for a 19 lap win and won the Clio Race Car. Pity that after the first race I was going for the Tickford. In the end I had won enough money to buy it anyway.

Here is another idea. If you win it with a certain class car eg in the Super Speedway you race against Mine's Skyline, RUF 3400S, Spoon S2000, Mugen S2000, Celica TRD Sports M, Motor Sport Elise, and Mine's Lancer Evolution. If you use one of these it is a free choice of prize car. Use any other car and it is random.

Or:

Use one of the cars you race against or similar HP-------prize F1 or choice
Use fully modded road car-------prize LM car
Use LM car--------prize decent road car/JGTC
Use LM/F1---------prize limited edition road car

Or:

You specify from a short list what car you want to win and the game has a scenario in order to win it. eg Super Speedway endurance - if you want an F1 car the scenario may be use any car you like but win by 20 laps.

On other tracks one of the scenarios may be limited pit stops or even compulsory pit stops eg trial mountain, non tuned car, must pit every 10 laps or can only pit twice.

Or:

Have one prize for each endurance race but have more than one endurance for each track eg

Trial Mountain

Endurance 1 - non tuned - prize car - Tuscan Speed 12
Endurance 2 - all LM Cars - prize car - F1 car
Endurance 3 - Any nissan you like - prize car - Penzzoil Nismo GTR
Endurance 4 - Rally cars - prize car - Lancia rally car

Speedway

Endurance 1 - Any Toyota - prize car - Castrol Tom's Supra
Endurance 2 - non tuned - prize car - GT40
Endurance 3 - LM Cars - Prize car - F1
Endurance 4 - 4 cylinders - prize car Beetle Cup car

It may be best to limit the way you can get cars eg currently you can buy the Penzoil Nismo GTR. Maybe make it you can only win it and the same with other prize cars ie a car is either a prize car or for sale but not both.

Off topic I would also like to see class races on the rally tracks eg FF, FR, MR, 4WD non rally, non tuned, lightweight etc. This would make better use of the rally tracks and make the game even longer.

I've did the Super-speedway endurance about 6 times... guess what: I've won 4 C5R's!!! :irked:
And 1 Tickford Falcon XR8 Race Car, and guess what, 1 Clio
If I wanted a Clio, I've bought it in the shop!!!
But... keep on trying!!
You should get a F1 car once!!

After I got 100% I ran the superspeedway enduro with the rubberband trick and got three F1 cars in a row - so for my good streak, someone else takes a beating.

...specifically, you...

Sorry about that.

Originally posted by secretghost007
if you do that then begginers will never get good cars.

That's my point of view... in real life kids out of colledge don't buy Countach's do they.... unless they are related to Bill Gates?!

whocares.jpg

hey...er...maybe you should blur the "uck" in the last picture, just so you don't get banned...and this thread sounds serious to me...leave those things for the Test Forum or some unserious threads...although they are funny :)

Hey, pressing the 'X' sure works for me! Seems like it is roulette... When the car you want is highlighted, just press and hold 'X'... Seems to work for me all da time...

Latest Posts

Back