does anyone else think that a free roam mode is pointless

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jujamun
  • 22 comments
  • 1,703 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
108
Messages
umney100
i not to sure if a free roam mode would be pointless or not i mean it is a driving game isnt it???
 
Think of it as PSN home for GT5. Some will use it, Some will Not and some will check it out here and there for *** & Giggles. Its an option for the game, I just hope the work on what need to be done first then the silly stuff
 
yeah but wont it just slow down the game
 
If we had cops and racers in free mode it could be fun, but beyond that i dunno driving around obeying the speed limits etc getting out to wander round and look at the scenery does not sound like a whole ton of fun.

Course if we could go 200 mph in traffic that is a blast, getting chased by cops even more so ala tdu. But tdu was fun because it was mostly arcade and you could just do insane things with crazy cars, and had a whole island to explore, with alot of great roads to drive. I doubt any free ride mode that made it into gt6 would be that huge.
 
So many haters latelly on GTP...

It's disgusting.

No, it isn't pointless... there's not only race cars on GT5. Who wouldn't love a nice road to cruise with a Ferrari or Lambo?

Yeah, I do agree that we got some things to fix before, but a free roam will be awesome.
 
i suppose they will change the name then to Gran Turismo " the real driving simbutyoucan getoutandwalkifyouwanttolator"
 
Yes i hate the idea of having to walk or drive to the GT auto or something..or to dealerships..games like that get annoying and old fast...most recently annoying was burnout paradise..great game..but getting to all the events was so annoying!!
 
i suppose they will change the name then to Gran Turismo " the real driving simbutyoucan getoutandwalkifyouwanttolator"

Not to be rude to you, but that changing GT's slogan meme is kinda getting old now.
 
Has No one thought of the Photo Possibilities of this? Get your most decked out car, Find a really nice spot and click... Great Sreen image for your PDA, Ipod, Iphone, Ipad, Laptop What ever.
If it does happen, What the big deal either way? Are you going to return your PS3 because it has PS Home? Just because it is there doesn't mean you have to use it.
 
GT is about driving, you can drive in a free roam environment. Enjoy the car, enjoy the physics, stage unofficial drag races/drift competitions, simply chat about cars and motoring. Not everything has to revolve around racing. It'd be awesome.
 
No free roam would be a worthless time sink in my opinion, would end up being poorly implimented and at the detriment at other more important stuff that needs fixing.

What we need is more events, pure and simple.

Why would you want to drive on public roads anyway, GT's low speed handleing is shocking, my dad pointed it out when he tried it, i'd never noticed since I've always been driving quicky.
 
it would proberbly be good if cars could pull up beside you and want a drag race and then you take a picture of you and the other car racing
 
recreate the bugatti veyron-mclaren f1 top gear moment
 
I'd like it to be like Episodes of Liberty City, maybe a £25-£30 add-on. A free roam island with the premiums, give TDU a kick upp the 🤬 with some competition.
 
Yes.. that's LAME.. This is not Gran Thefth Auto. Unless we had free roam in the tracks, ( with no invisible walls ) that would be cool.
 
I no guize, lets have gunz and missons where we rob banks too!!

Seriously though, no thanks, this is GT not GTA.
 
Personally I'd like all the things in a game that I want in a game.

I accept that everyone else would too... so there will always be things in games that I DON'T want.

You have to look at it both selfishly AND objectively...
 
What scares me is threads like this killing a great idea like this before it's been seen. The same thread came out before photo-mode was introduced.

I've got a huge garage full of amazing cars, I'd love to walk about and look at them, and jump in one and go for a spin around town.

Why don't you wait and see?
 
If anything, they can make it free roam and make it have a PGR themed racer vibe to it.

Imagine the having the city of Madrid at your disposal and race on it's roads (without traffic of course as PD probably takes public safety very seriously).
 
free mode sounds awesome as long as they have public transport so I can be envoronmentally responsible in the virtual world.
 
I wouldn't mind seeing it. Just as long as the more important issues are taken care of first.
 
Seeing as how there's a thread about a possible free roam not two links below this, I fail to see why we need two threads about it. Thread closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back