Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

  • Thread starter Thread starter km
  • 10,651 comments
  • 771,927 views
The big reason for this for me is that the WWE have split up too many tag teams. American Alpha, Hype Bros, Enzo and Cass and DIY all gone..

What I don't get is why are they doing it as frequently as they are with little payoff?

American Alpha - Victims of a terrible gimmick that already seems to be falling out of favor. Hopefully both Chad and Jason get solo pushes out of it at least.

Hype Bros - Have they even actually split yet? I remember it being teased but I can't recall even seeing them lately.

Enzo & Cass - I was actually ready for this duo to split, but I wish it was more amicable than the route they went with. Something along the lines of Enzo breaking it off because Cass would accomplish more solo would have been refreshing. At this point it's dragged on to the point where there is little to no chance of a satisfying conclusion.

DIY - I don't really follow NXT so no clue if this went anywhere.

Jericho & Owens - This wasn't really a tag team, but it serves as a good example of how to do the betrayal gimmick. It's led to a very good feud that, as we've seen, can be resumed at almost any time since they haven't ran it to death yet.

Now we get Rollins & Ambrose, but I can already see the whole thing just being an easy way to have one of them turn heel (guessing Ambrose this time).
 
Tough news about Ric Flair, was admitted to hospital over the weekend for heart-related issues and now there are reports that he is in a medically induced coma.

Really hope he pulls through. :guilty:
 
Really confused as to what's happening as everything seems to be rumours. Either way I hope whatever is happening is sorted and he comes out the other end.
 
Another good enjoyable Raw last night, new cruiserweight champ was a surprise, right person won the women's number one contenders match, Ambrose/Rollins thing was a great moment, the brawl segment at the end was good too.

Mahal v Cena on Smackdown tonight.
 
Looks like they haven't got as much faith in Baron Corbin right now as we thought....
 
For those who watch NJPW on Axs, their coverage of G1 will begin Friday.

Looks like they haven't got as much faith in Baron Corbin right now as we thought....

I really don't get that decision at all, it would have made a decent story to have him win considering his recent history with Nakamura. Plus with the ratings in less than stellar shape a major title change on one of the weekly shows would probably give a decent boost.
 
I wasn't really sure about Corbin having the case in the first place, never really rated him.

But this is a strange one so close to SummerSlam, he has been having a pretty big Twitter beef with Dave Melzer lately which I hear hasn't gone down well, but he's a heel and isn't that a heel thing to do??, its not the end of the world for him really as he is only 32 and has plenty of time, but its just a weird decision right now, maybe it would have been better for Sami Zayn to have won MITB.

There have been some very strange booking on Smackdown lately...
 
Here's the final card for NXT Takeover Brooklyn III tonight.

Johnny Gargano v Andre 'Cien' Almas

Aleister Black v Hideo Itami

NXT Women's Championship
Asuka (c) v Ember Moon

NXT Tag Team Championship
Authors Of Pain (c) v Sanity

NXT Championship
Bobby Roode (c) v Drew McIntyre

Cant watch SummerSlam on Sunday because of work, but will try and stay up to watch this tonight.
 
Going to try and fit Summerslam in on Monday afternoon.

This I'll maybe fit in tomorrow night.

Both should be decent Ppvs.
 
I'm watching NXT Takeover tonight. I'm fairly intrigued by the NXT Championship and the Women's Championship. I've heard that Alister (Spelling) Black is pretty dangerous, so I'm watching to see what the hype is about.

BUT-- they need to fix the damn audio problems in the pre-show before the main show actually starts.
 
Takeover was damned good. :cheers:

Edit: I wonder what stupid name they are going to give the RoH faction?
 
BAY BAY! Adam Cole is here. Bobby Roode will more likely be heading to the main roster now that he dropped the NXT title.

Also gotta love Aleister Black's entrance. Probably my favorite NXT entrance for 2017.
 
OK then lovely people, big night ahead tonight, here's the final SummerSlam card...

Kick-Off Show

The Hardy Boyz & Jason Jordan v The Miz and The Miz-tourage.

Cruiserweight Championship
Akira Tozawa (c) v Neville

Smackdown Tag Team Championship
The New Day (c) v The Usos

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finn Balor v Bray Wyatt

Big Show v Big Cass
(Enzo Amore in a shark cage)

Randy Orton v Rusev

Baron Corbin v John Cena

Raw Tag Team Championship
Sheamus & Cesaro (c) v Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins

Smackdown Women's Championship
Naomi (c) v Natalya

United States Championship
AJ Styles (c) v Kevin Owens
(Shane McMahon special guest ref)

WWE Championship
Jinder Mahal (c) v Shinsuke Nakamura

Universal Championship-Fatal Four Way Match
Brock Lesnar (c) v Roman Reigns v Braun Strowman v Samoa Joe

Very Stacked card, 12 matches in total, four hour main show with a two hour kick off show.

I think Lesnar will retain but something will happen that will set up Strowman v Lesnar at WM.

Nakamura to win the WWE title for me, all day long!
 
I'm hoping that whatever way this goes Strowman comes out looking like a beast.
 
So it's in that order? I like this card! I can't wait.. Well.. I have 59 minutes..
 
Its not in that order, I don't know the match order and I think only the people running the show know it, I just pretty much copy and paste it from Wrestling news sites.

I'm going to try and stay up to watch it, I'm up early for work tomorrow and I'm there pretty much all day...

Saw Takeover just now, it was brilliant!

Kick-off show on now.
 
I missed the pre-show and the first couple hours due to me going to the NHRA race, did I miss anything worthwhile?
 
Last edited:
That was a good match, predictable, but good :D
 
Overall, I say that was a really good PPV. A cool 6 hours. Good matches.
 
My thoughts on the PPV:
- Call me crazy but the fatal 4 way Universal title match stole the show for me. It was like the perfect match for heavyweights.
- Congrats to Natalya for finally winning her Women's title after 6 years since her Divas title reign.
- The US title was another good match.
- I hope The Shield can finally reunite now that Seth and Dean won the RAW Tag Team titles. Maybe have Roman win the IC title?
- I'm a bit disappointed on Jinder retaining the WWE title. I was finally hoping that Shinsuke would win the WWE title. Also I noticed that the wrestlers who face Jinder for the WWE title they would always try to pummel down the Singh Bros even though they pose a little threat.

Overall I'd give Summerslam 2017 a 8. Good PPV to say the least.
 
Good Things about the show.

Ambrose/Rollins winning the tag titles, makes the titles mean something and its a great story, great finish and a great match.
New Day v the Usos, tag team match of the year?! wasted on the Pre-show.
Sasha winning the womens title, didn't see it coming, good move as it sets up Banks v Bayley and for one of them to turn heel.
Styles v Owens, great match with a little too much Shane but having AJ retain was a good move.
Tozawa v Neville, great match!
That main event! Holy cow what a match! easily match of the night, complete carnage and high tempo right the way through, good booking and a good story with Lesnar getting killed and still coming back to retain, a bit surprised he won clean but it was still a superb match.
Nakamura's awesome entrance.
Balor's awesome entrance.

Bad things about the show.

Starting from the top, the six man tag on the pre-show was on way too early and it seemed there was only 50 fans there watching, all six competitors deserve better, especially Hardys and the Miz who looked genuinely pissed off afterwards.
Cena v Corbin, Cena wasn't really up for it and was horsing around with JBL's hat, Corbin got well and truly buried, and the lesson here is? Don't be a dick on Twitter!
Natalya winning the SD womens belt, she has a lot of ability but the character is dead and has been since forever, doesn't make sense.
Orton v Rusev, both deserve better, what's Rusev done to piss someone off?!
Balor v Wyatt felt like the match they had on Raw but with Balor dressed up.
Cass v Big Show, bad match with Enzo stripping to his undies, getting lubed up to squeeze out of the cage only to run into Cass's big boot as soon as his feet hit the floor, the lesson here? Don't be a dick on the talent bus!
Mahal v Nakamura, bad match, Mahal won and the way it happened was the same as its been in the last few months. Singh Bros cause the distraction, Mahal with the finish. I'm really bored of Jinder now, there is a big void in the SD main event and there has been for a while, Nakamura is still being booked terribly.

Overall I thought it was really good, the first hour was flat but picked up from Bliss/Banks onwards, crowd were a bit quiet though.

Raw were the clear winners, Smackdown's decline continues and it looks like that show is in some trouble.
 
Apparently Rusev is lobbying for his release so that'll be why. Still sucks for him and for Corbin as I'm fans of both and both got beat pretty badly.

Main event though that was a classic wwe style block buster of a match. Really enjoyable and I got my wish with Strowman.
 
Also something didn't happen that could have happened.

The Undertaker was spotted on a plane heading for New York on Friday, since then the whole Wrestling community on Social Media went into super hype mode, saying that he make an appearance and cost Reigns in the four way. Didn't happen of course.

Worth pointing out that whilst he did hang up his hat and coat at WM so to speak the WWE never actually confirmed his retirement, by releasing a statement or anything. I think he can come back, but its completely up to him if he wants it.
 
Apparently Rusev is lobbying for his release so that'll be why. Still sucks for him and for Corbin as I'm fans of both and both got beat pretty badly.

Well that's sad to hear. Still doesn't justify such a waste of PPV space, however. It managed to be even more pointless than Show vs Cass, which was something I wasn't expecting. And if that's the note Rusev's leaving on, it just buries him even more. At least Corbin had a decent outing against Cena. Meanwhile Rusev gets dropped on his head like a Japanese wrestler in a super squash match after a couple of US Title reigns and a rivalry with (Roman) Reigns...

Essentially, Summerslam went like a modern WWE pay-per-view event; great matches preceded by a far too large and boring undercard. I saw so much that could be trimmed from its early portions which would've made the event more entertaining as a whole...
 
Last night I watched Takeover, the SummerSlam pre-show, and then SummerSlam itself.

That's 8 hours 25 minutes and 17 matches in one night!
 
Why can't they put Enzo Vs. Cass to rest already? :banghead:

Also something didn't happen that could have happened.

The Undertaker was spotted on a plane heading for New York on Friday, since then the whole Wrestling community on Social Media went into super hype mode, saying that he make an appearance and cost Reigns in the four way. Didn't happen of course.

Worth pointing out that whilst he did hang up his hat and coat at WM so to speak the WWE never actually confirmed his retirement, by releasing a statement or anything. I think he can come back, but its completely up to him if he wants it.

I wasn't expecting anything to come of it to be honest. He's been with the company for a long time, it's only natural that he would make his way to a few shows just to visit with others backstage.
 
Back