Does Anyone Watch Wrestling? (WWE, AEW, TNA, NWA, etc)

• Thread starter km
  • 9,224 comments
I have no idea wich year it was but hulk hogan against the ultimate warrior and hulk hogan against that iraqi general were the most epic wrestlemanias for me.

That's probably because I was a little boy then.

Pretty sure that was about Wrestlemania 4, maybe 5.

Indeed. But there's one thing wrong with 2008 (and '09-'13): John Cena.

Who says I watch RAW often now-a-days :sly:, I mostly chill to Smackdown (my favourite WWE program) and ECW.

Sadly though, the Brand Extension ended and we have to hear everything about John Cena, every, GOD DAMN DAY
>: (.

I find it hard to watch WWE nowadays.The characters are boring & it doesn't have the edge that it used to,bring back the attitude era,please!

I find it hard to watch WWE nowadays.The characters are boring & it doesn't have the edge that it used to,bring back the attitude era,please!

Everyone says that. I don't want it to return, I want a new era.

Indeed. But there's one thing wrong with 2008 (and '09-'13): John Cena.

LETS GO CENA!! :lol: I joke. I appreciate what the guy does outside the business, but my god does he need a character change. I'm not even saying a heel turn but just something different. The corny pandering to children is just painful for anyone 10+ to watch.

LETS GO CENA!! :lol: I joke. I appreciate what the guy does outside the business, but my god does he need a character change. I'm not even saying a heel turn but just something different. The corny pandering to children is just painful for anyone 10+ to watch.

I liked it when he was a rapper.

I liked it when he was a rapper.

I've never particularly liked the wrestler Cena. Mainly cause he seems lazy in the ring. We've seen at times like MITB 2011 at Chicago with CM Punk that he can put on great 5* matches. Yet all his matches are just him on his backside in a headlock for 15 minutes, then a couple of moves and a win. That's a main event quality match?

I've never particularly liked the wrestler Cena. Mainly cause he seems lazy in the ring. We've seen at times like MITB 2011 at Chicago with CM Punk that he can put on great 5* matches. Yet all his matches are just him on his backside in a headlock for 15 minutes, then a couple of moves and a win. That's a main event quality match?

I agree, but his character as a rapper was perfect for me as a mid-carder.

Used to watch TNA but they don't show it on Free Australian TV anymore.

Might as well make this the Official WWE Thread, since there is nothing else on about WWE.

Anyone in this site watch wrestling besides wwe? Tna, roh maybe?

Ive been watching TNA last few weeks, its quite good

...back to the Cena thing, I don't rate him as a wrestler at all but I appreciate and respect what he does outside and for the company 👍

If this is the official thread then maybe a rule of no Smackdown spoilers till its broadcast? Some people, me included read the spoilers from the taping, but others don't want it spoiled before its been on TV :)

Edit: Same with TNA spoilers.

I think perhaps this should be a wrestling thread not just a WWE thread as I and a few others watch TNA as well as WWE...

I never really considered it to be a sport. Outcomes are predetermined, with scripted drama throughout. So, it seems to be more Cirque du Solei (to the opposite extreme), meets The Young and the Restless (for weightlifting thespians). I am not making a judgement about it's entertainment value (to each there own), only whether it is a sport, in the traditional sense.

I never really considered it to be a sport. Outcomes are predetermined, with scripted drama throughout. So, it seems to be more Cirque du Solei (to the opposite extreme), meets The Young and the Restless (for weightlifting thespians). I am not making a judgement about it's entertainment value (to each there own), only whether it is a sport, in the traditional sense.

To be fair it's kinda called Sports Entertainment. With WWE putting emphasis on the Entertainment.

Back