Does GT5 needs a new Halo car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TopGearJB007
  • 74 comments
  • 8,604 views

Does PD need a new Halo car?


  • Total voters
    196
Messages
384
United States
United States
Messages
TopGearJB007
The X2010 is not too uncommon anymore since the exploit, so do you think PD should release a new Halo car for GT5? One that is only possible by getting 100% in the game, that way the market doesn't get flooded with them. Then there will be a new car to work for. Any other ideas?

TGJB
 
Last edited:
I agree it seems too easy for people to get them. I think it should have been award for 100% completion or all golds on Vettel's challenge, not bronze.

I wonder do you get anything nice for getting gold?
 
The X2010 is pretty much worthless since the exploit, so I think PD should release a new Halo car for GT5. One that is only possible by getting 100% in the game, that way the market doesn't get flooded with them, and then there will be a new car to work for. Any other ideas?

TGJB
The X2010 is still a Halo car if you want the carbon fibre edition. Have yet to see even the most elite offering it up.

Besides that, even if you get a car for 100%, nothing to stop the person from gifting it out to everyone.
 
GT5 doesn't need any new car the X1 (or X2010) is the best car ever, in an ideal world all the copied X1s should be deleted but it will never happen :(
 
Lets be honest, who cares if everybody gets the car, i dont see the point in this. You're either good enough to get it yourself or you arent, either way those who aren't paid good money and to be honest you cant complain if they want to copy the car from someone elses save data.


It really isnt an exclusive car, you can grind your ass off in Bspec to get it, which requires 0 skill, just a big type sink. Or you can get bronze (which to be fair isnt that difficult) in the Vettel events.

Also for a new car what exactly would they give us? the car is ridiculously unrealisically fast as it is, i cant see how they can evolve from that, other than just allowing us to win something special that isnt necessarily an amazing performance car like the X1.
 
The Citröen GT was a better Halo car than the X1, because the X1 is completely out of reality.
 
Ok, well I guess I am outnumbered here. I guess I am the only one who hates cheaters.

On another note, does anyone think the name change from X1 to X2010 suggests there will be an X2011?
 
Ok, well I guess I am outnumbered here. I guess I am the only one who hates cheaters.

On another note, does anyone think the name change from X1 to X2010 suggests there will be an X2011?
There's a lot of people here against the cheaters, but as long as someone can do this exploit, every car can be duplicated, so it doesn't matter if there's a new halo car or not. :indiff:
 
Have another Halo car which will at some point be exploited again? And taking away time from PD to make improvements to the game? I vote no.
 
I reckon they should have made the X1 (Yes it's still the X1 >.<) Untradeable. Because it seems to me as one of the cars that shows that you've achieved something in the game. Also along with the new events it's certainly within reach for someone who wants it badly enough too.

Don't say "We bought the game... Blah Blah" because if you really want a fast car you can just get a FGT off someone. Problem solved. :)
 
Lets be honest, who cares if everybody gets the car, i dont see the point in this. You're either good enough to get it yourself or you arent, either way those who aren't paid good money and to be honest you cant complain if they want to copy the car from someone elses save data.


It really isnt an exclusive car, you can grind your ass off in Bspec to get it, which requires 0 skill, just a big type sink. Or you can get bronze (which to be fair isnt that difficult) in the Vettel events.

Also for a new car what exactly would they give us? the car is ridiculously unrealisically fast as it is, i cant see how they can evolve from that, other than just allowing us to win something special that isnt necessarily an amazing performance car like the X1.

Bronze in the Vettel Challenge is harder than getting all golds on the S-License.

Much harder.
 
Have another Halo car which will at some point be exploited again? And taking away time from PD to make improvements to the game? I vote no.

Very well said.👍
 
Bronze in the Vettel Challenge is harder than getting all golds on the S-License.

Much harder.

Naaa, S-License were the easiest ones to Gold, there are a few tests that are annoyingly as hard as getting bronze, but to be honest getting bronze isnt that hard, you just need to get into the zone of the car, getting gold is difficult though far from impossible, you only need bronze for the X-1. I think anybody who puts their mind to it will get the X-1, its not that far out of reach.
 
Ok, well I guess I am outnumbered here. I guess I am the only one who hates cheaters.

On another note, does anyone think the name change from X1 to X2010 suggests there will be an X2011?

Maybe BMW objected to the name?
 
Couldn't PD just write some code where you can't use an X1 unless you are LVL35 Bspec or have won the challenge?

Then exploiting the X1 would be stuffed (but not the other cars).


I personally don't care if people exploit. I just got used to the idea after the B-day exploit and moved on.
 
On another note, does anyone think the name change from X1 to X2010 suggests there will be an X2011?

Yeah, there will be a X2011. It will be made from wood and tofu and feature a 75BHP electric engine, will do 0-60 in about 18 seconds and get a top speed of ~100mph.

But it will be totally green!

The sad thing is... I get the feeling that's where sports cars are heading :nervous:
 
I think they should just limit the amount of saved data replacements to like 1 per week or 1 per month. This way, in case of hard drive/playstation explosion or catastrophic failure, you can replace your saved data onto a new hard drive when you need to and not exploit the saved game replacement to give out free cars.

I don't think it's that big of a deal, though. Online races are most fun when there constraints (unlimited races will just get filled with 16 X2010's) and you can restrain down to one car if you want to by doing its exact weight and HP (nascars, for example.)

Also, serious racers are going to find leagues and special races where they agree on specific cars and tunes. It may kind of break trading, but allowing game save backup is extremely valuable for people with older PS3's. And people still need to go through the trouble of replacing their old save with their backup and go through all of that hoopla to give out free cars, which actually takes effort, and means that people won't necessarily flood the market with free X1's without reason. Rare car trades may still take place.

I'm not too worried. Play the game.
 
The X2010 is pretty much worthless since the exploit, so I think PD should release a new Halo car for GT5. One that is only possible by getting 100% in the game, that way the market doesn't get flooded with them, and then there will be a new car to work for. Any other ideas?

TGJB

The new halo car will become worthless too...
 
I already have a new halo car, the Evo VI Rally car... I seriously can't find it at all, I even saw two FGT's before the one I bought, but not a single Evo VI Rally.

Also I think all this about halo cars is nonsense, the X2010 doesn't really mean much to me. It's a fictional concept car designed to be as fast as possible; it has no history, most likely no future, so I may as well go and play Wipeout HD. You get given a X2010 for reaching level 35 B-Spec, where's the fun in that?

For me, the UCD has given the process of collecting cars some meaning, that buzz you get when you see that ultra rare car finally pop up after weeks of searching (like just now when the Zonda C12S 7.3 came into my UCD) is far more appealing than being given the halo car for barely any work. Maybe if the X2010 could only be won by golding the Vettel challenge, you'd hope that in that case only those who were good enough to win it would get it and given that it's such a difficult prize to obtain they wouldn't trade it for all the birthdaymobiles in the world...

My point being, with 1,031 cars in the game, there must be something to aim for. The X2010 seems like a strange aim as you get given one eventually anyway, but I guess everyone plays the game differently, as someone said in another X2010 related thread - there are plenty of people who play this game just to get the fastest car to crash into the first corner they see, and that's fair enough, this is just my opinion.
 
They need to implement a chassis number and any copies of that number instantly explodes when you go to drive it.
 
or if you have a copied car in your garage, it wipes your whole garage...
 
or if you have a copied car in your garage, it wipes your whole garage...

What a terrible idea.

People complaining about the exploit forget something similar to this has been possible in all previous GT's. It may have cost a bit of credits back then, so it wasn't quite the same... but you could duplicate a car if you wanted. And besides, some other player duplicating an X2010 for themselves has absolutely no bearing on my game.
 
And they obviously intended for everyone to get an X1 else you would not get one free for level 35 b -spec.....nor could you buy the bloody thing at level 40.

I mean gods you elitists are something else like grats if you silver and golded the vettle challenges, that is something to be proud of cause it is insanely hard, but beyond that for you to declare that the car should be uber rare or that only people with insane reflexes and a wheel should get it is beyond insane.

Add to that the EU people have been leveling b-spec like mad since the game came out for that one contest, i bet most of them have the freebie vettle car.

I mean get over yourselves, the silver and the black x1 will continue to be rare, because most people will simply not be able to do it, and the people that can do it are going to ask for silly amounts of cars in trade, even if they are duping the cars to do so....because the vast majority of people will never be able to beat the world champion f1 driver with a boosted lap time, and yes it is boosted i read his record lap for sazuka was 1.11, so do not tell me his 2 lap times were as low as gold demands.
 
Last edited:
And they obviously intended for everyone to get an X1 else you would not get one free for level 35 b -spec.....nor could you buy the bloody thing at level 40.

I mean gods you elitists are something else like grats if you silver and golded the vettle challenges, that is something to be proud of cause it is insanely hard, but beyond that for you to declare that the car should be uber rare or that only people with insane reflexes and a wheel should get it is beyond insane.

Add to that the EU people have been leveling b-spec like mad since the game came out for that one contest, i bet most of them have the freebie vettle car.

I mean get over yourselves, the silver and the black x1 will continue to be rare, because most people will simply not be able to do it, and the people that can do it are going to ask for silly amounts of cars in trade, even if they are duping the cars to do so....because the vast majority of people will never be able to beat the world champion f1 driver with a boosted lap time, and yes it is boosted i read his record lap for sazuka was 1.11, so do not tell me his 2 lap times were as low as gold demands.

Source?
 
Well if they add In-race saves then sure, but I have no time to run a 24 hour race, now if I could save during an endurance race that would be great.

With that said I would rather they add more real cars then one fictional car. Maybe they could update the Online UCD more often as well.
 
I would love some new cars tho. I dont know the concept of a "Halo car" but it seems like something you achive and gives you bragging rights?

What i would like is some untradeable cars, like the cars that come with the signatur edition. Remove the creditlimmit, and give us a Model-T Ford in the UCD for 100.000.000 Cr. Or other überexpencive historic one-of-a-kinds.
 
Remember GT3 and GT4 when you reached 100% completion?

In GT3, you were awarded the F094/S (a replica of the same car that Ayrton Senna was killed in). This easily was one of the best (if not, the best) cars in the whole game. Although you could also win the car in another way, it was still fairly difficult to acquire.

In GT4, you were awarded an all-black Formula GT. It was a one-of-a-kind color scheme for the car. Completely different from the standard colors. Now THAT was rare. And it completed the collection of all-black, special edition racers also found in the used dealership every 694-700 day cycle in the game.

Assuming of course, that something is done with GT5 in the near future, we could get something like a one-off X2010 (I know, lame and totally unoriginal) in a special color scheme for 100% completion, or something that sets it apart from the rest (it has to be unrelated performance-wise, to make it even a slight bit fair). Except that this particular X2010 you win is ID-tagged/locked to your PS3, and only your PS3. Kind of like the Chrome Line and Stealth cars from the special editions of the game. So no duping or trading is allowed with this car. That's your legit proof there that you've conquered GT5 👍
 
Last edited:
Lets be honest, who cares if everybody gets the car, i dont see the point in this. You're either good enough to get it yourself or you arent





Lol.



I simply ran B-Spec races every day while I was at work until I reached level 35 and I was awarded the X1. I guess that's what you call "good enough"? I wasn't even at my console. :rolleyes:
 
Back