Does this count as Duping/Cheating?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sporkafife
  • 51 comments
  • 4,598 views
Messages
146
Messages
sporkafife
I love cars in Matte Black. It's an awesome, stealthy looking colour. I originally bought a Matte Black Lexus LFA and found out that when I traded it to my GTP account to race online, I got another Matte Black paint chip with the car :odd:

Anyway, the next day I traded the LFA back to my main account and then sent myself the cool Matte Black paint chip. When I recieved the car on my main account I got ANOTHER Matte Black paint chip :dopey:

Anyway, this sequence ended in me having THREE Matte Black Paint chips (from buying the car, sending it to my GTP account, and then sending it back to my main).

Would you guys classify this as cheating? I wouldn't mind having a garage full of Matte Black cars, but I don't want to think that people then look at me the same way as all of these stupid Dupers. I don't believe I've done anything too bad (like taking advantage of backup saves), but I'd be interested to hear what you thought.

EDIT: All I use the paint chips for is making some cars look cool. I have never duped a car, nor do I ever plan to do so. I just enjoy having a herd of Matte Black cars =D
 
Last edited:
Just sell your game now. You don't deserve to play it anymore. Despicable... :sly:




(sarcasm?) :cheers:
 
Honestly, duping is as common as racing now with GT5. I personally don't see the point of it and will never do it, but quite frankly, with the amount of people that are doing it, who cares lol? I'm sure you're not going to get a smack on the wrist for it.

Edit: Lol @ SS
 
Yep it's duping. It's pretty much exactly like duping cars. The good news is, that means it's not cheating.
 
short answer; the elitist people here will call for your head.

truth is, thats not cheating. Does it give you an unfair advantage when playing against other people?
 
No it's a great way to get multiples of a paint colour you like. The paint chip idea is stupid anyway.
 
Yes and you are going to hell for it !!!!!! LOL
 
Dawn your fireproof suit your gonna get sacrificed
 
short answer; the elitist people here will call for your head.

truth is, thats not cheating. Does it give you an unfair advantage when playing against other people?

I think most people would be fine, so long as he doesn't go to the marketplace and make a thread saying he has five billion matte black paintchips to trade for a chrome X1 or some bullocks.
 
If your not really spoiling the games progression (Duping cars and selling them for cash, Buying special cars for events etc.) I wouldn't call it cheating.

You want a paint, thats fine, a paint wont make you go faster.
 
Duping paint is fine in my books, Duping cars for profit (or a friend giving you his X1 but backing up so he can keeop it himself too is NOT
 
I think most people would be fine, so long as he doesn't go to the marketplace and make a thread saying he has five billion matte black paintchips to trade for a chrome X1 or some bullocks.

how would that give him any unfair advantage over anyone else in a race?
 
how would that give him any unfair advantage over anyone else in a race?

In the game. If he trades all those paints for some X1, he can then get an unfair advantage.
 
I just duplicated a 908 and gifted it to myself today. It's my first time doing it, but I felt somewhat clever as I basically felt that I "tricked" the system to my advantage.
 
No it's a great way to get multiples of a paint colour you like. The paint chip idea is stupid anyway.

My thoughts exactly. 👍

Matte paint actually makes your cars slower. With the increased air resistance on a non-smooth surface and all...

wait... it doesn't?:dopey:
 
3? Try 107.

gt5_sliver-chrome-107.jpg
 
The amount of cheating in this game is sickening... does anyone have morals anymore?? :grumpy:

Just kidding! Dupe it up. Who cares.
 
The amount of cheating in this game is sickening... does anyone have morals anymore?? :grumpy:

Just kidding! Dupe it up. Who cares.

Morality died in the United States when MTV and BET invaded our homes via the TV.

But that's another topic.

I love duping now.:)
 
In the game. If he trades all those paints for some X1, he can then get an unfair advantage.

How does having an X1 in your garage give anyone an unfair advantage in a race?
 
If I started duping GT5 would become boring quick. But just colors... I mean, it's just how it looks. To be honest it should be enough to unlock it once then spray any amount of car with it.

(OT: I'm level 34 and have over 600 cars, still no chrome colour, PM me if you know how to unlock it, no freebies)
 
How does having an X1 in your garage give anyone an unfair advantage in a race?

Seriously? In your garage?
I never thought of it that way, maybe your right..

Or maybe you need to think a little deeper about what you just said.
 
Seriously? In your garage?
I never thought of it that way, maybe your right..

Or maybe you need to think a little deeper about what you just said.

Point is, how someone gets a car is irrelevant because it doesnt give them any advantage in a race. Bringing an X1 into an online game makes no difference if the player has douped the car or won it the old fashion way.
 
Back