Donkey Of The Month Awards

Why isn't this thread active anymore?
It's so much fun! :mischievous:

New nomination for "Stork" City:

BBC Sport Website
The hosts were soon to get an even better chance to wrap up the win when Soares won a penalty after being fouled by Jonathan Woodgate.

However, Fuller's shot hit one post and rolled across goal to canon back off the other post and Delap's follow-up struck the bar.

And Sunderland:

BBC Sport Website
Fulham will have been delighted to take a clean sheet into half-time, especially after Richardson's first free-kick on 41 minutes.

The winger's beautifully curled shot hit Schwarzer's left-hand post, squirmed across the goal line, rebounded off his right and then his left again before eventually being cleared.

To hit the woodwork 3 times in 1 game is considered slightly unlucky.
To hit the wordwork 3 times in 1 single move is just unbelievable. :eek:
And so obviously it happens twice within one weekend!
clover.gif

Donkey? I'll give you donkey...

See post #299.
Makes Iwelumo look like a consumate professional.
Oddly Anelka was bought for about 15 million quid after that! :confused:
Looks like Wolves are onto a massive payday. Gotta be worth at leat 30 million for missing from "inside the 6-yard box"! :dunce:

I think we need a managerial nomination:

Juande Ramos, please. Selling every Spurs "player of the year" since 2003, losing to Sunderland, Stoke, Hull and even Middlesbrough, having the worst start in Spurs' history and now in a position from which only 2 teams have ever escaped relegation. Great job, amigo...

I'd also like to nominate Chris Morgan and Paddy Kenny from yesterday's Steel City derby... Can't find any videos for it so I shall attempt to describe... Ball played in, Morgan goes to head clear, but Kenny is already 15 yards out and punches it out clean off his head. Ball falls to Watson 35 yards out, who lobs it into a completely unguarded net. Kenny and Morgan have toe-to-toe argument on 18 yard line. Win.

Edit: Youtube to the rescue, a week later:

Last edited:
^ Nice! :lol: Go Owls!!!

I'm a passionate Liverpool fan. Have watched every game this season after discovering a slightly shady website that streams live games from Thailand & Hong Kong over the net. Even though some of these games kick-off at 4 or 5 am on a Sat / Sun morning for me, I'm always awake. I try to make sure I can sneak onto an internet connection in customer's labs for the midweek cup games too.

However, not that I haven't been feeling an utter sense of disgrace about the behaviour of the dumb people who bought the "Liverpool Reds Franchise" :dunce: and their general cluelessness about how sports in the rest of the world don't operate as money driven transportable franchises, this latest move, on top of their very public non-speaking spat and general other 🤬-wittery, this has to take the cake.

Flap over Liverpool's bird symbol

Ok, buying a football team gives you a few rights to make a call or 2 about how it's run and managed.
Nicking the symbol of City that's used the Bird since 1350AD for your football club that's been using the logo for the past 100 years, and passing it off as your own trademark = DONKEY.

Tom Hicks & George Gillet take a bow!

Surely? :dunce::dunce::dunce::dunce:

Last edited:
Christiano Ronaldo, take a bow.
You're the first Donkey nomination of 2009.
Not the first time you've been nominated, but this time it's not for bare-faced chipmunky cheating-esque diving. :sly:
Nope this time it's for bare-faced chipmunky stupid-esque driving! :dunce: :lol:

I know the stretch of road well from my days in the UK as a worldwide installation engineer and made the drive to M'cr airport through this tunnel, just of the Hale Roundabout exit of the M56 many many times. It's a slightly curved four lane tunnel with a central wall & crash barrier. Quite how it's possible to write off a car in there is beyond me. :confused:

Ronaldo Unhurt After Ferrari Crash

I was just on my way here to nominate him for that.

I imagine that having a teammate in the passenger seat and another one behind in a Bentley and having a V8 Ferrari in a tunnel may have been contributing factors to the crash...

Back