Don't screw this up Turn 10!

• Thread starter CnPx
  • 279 comments
DF explained RT reflections cost less if those are mirror like. FM uses different quality settings in gameplay vs replay. GT7 has RT reflections exclusively in replay 30FPS.

Yes, replay vs replay mode.
Just hope the PC isn't restricted to the same limits.

I watched digital foundry video about it, and I still have concerns if we are going to get decent number of cars on track. I have fears we will come back to 16 cars grids or even less.

Extremely unlikely. The video should have aided you in understanding how they're doing what they're doing. They won't sacrifice on track car count for the type of game they're aiming this to be. I'm almost expecting to see an increase to be honest.

I reckon we'll have a couple graphics modes to choose from. One which will be a variable resolution with RT on at all times and another which will be locked to 4k60 with high quality RT in replays, garage, photomode etc.

DF explained RT reflections cost less if those are mirror like. FM uses different quality settings in gameplay vs replay. GT7 has RT reflections exclusively in replay 30FPS.

Yes, replay vs replay mode.
The DF video was very informative. I wonder if there is any post processing they can do to make the mirror-like reflections slightly more natural looking. In my head you could extract distance data from the g-buffer and potentially blur the image linearly or something so distant reflections don't look so perfectly resolved. Or perhaps do the same thing with normal data such that the closer you get to parallel to a surface (with respect to the camera) the more mirror-like the reflections become.

All i want is an updated Forza Motorsport 4 with Forza Motorsport 4's car list, more "motorsport" focused gameplay, and a more structured/pyramidal esque career mode.

Oh and did I mention making the game more like forza motorsport 4?

That is all.

All i want is an updated Forza Motorsport 4 with Forza Motorsport 4's car list, more "motorsport" focused gameplay, and a more structured/pyramidal esque career mode.

That is all.

Forza Motorsport 4 was fantastic. I love the car list in FM7 but FM4 had a lot more quirky/low power stuff, Twingos, Aygos etc. It also made better use of the car list as well in my opinion, despite having some 200 less than FM7.

But we are not the only ones to think this, here's a really cool chart I found on Reddit, highlighting content and scoring across all 7 games.
rbsxl0i6q3771.png

Forza Motorsport 4 (and 3) really peaked, then it didn't seem to fully recover from 5. I kinda feel that after the reception 5 had, they felt a need to change the formula, when really it was just lacking in content coming off the back of FM4. Hopefully they can find a good balance with the new one and get back to that series peak. It's not surprise that the games with the most single player content/events, get the highest ratings.

This is the kind of stuff I miss, is a lot of it just filler? Yes, but that's the whole point of these games, FM5/6/7 sorely missed this level of events and GT7 also misses this severely. (This is from FM4)
9db9a631414335.56059b456732f.jpg

Last edited:
This is the kind of stuff I miss, is a lot of it just filler? Yes, but that's the whole point of these games, FM5/6/7 sorely missed this level of events and GT7 also misses this severely. (This is from FM4)
View attachment 1166192
The best part about that style of career mode on top of always having something to do is the fact it forces you to try different vehicles that you may not have otherwise bothered with. And while yes with a decent free play setup you can just make the races yourself the premade career events always have a different feeling to them since they count towards an end goal even if it is just a percentage point, plus unless you make a concerted effort you're just going to stick with what you know you'll like.

That is all.
That's also my dream Forza Motorsport right there, take every single car and track from FM4, then add those from FM7 and FH5, with a ton of "new-to-Forza" production and race cars, not to mention a ton of new real and fictional tracks specifically for this new Forza Motorsport (since it, again, won't be called FM8).

And the career mode really has to work with a ton of variety as well, being able to utilize any and all cars and tracks, no matter how focused or strange it is - the core of motorsports is to be able to adapt to every car, track and scenario at hand.

I'd also wish for pit-stop animations and the ability to make custom races and championships in a similar style to both Assetto Corsa and GT7. If the Horizon games have Blueprint features that allow you to customize the rules set of career races, why not implement it in Motorsport too?

Last edited:
Back