Don't screw this up Turn 10!

• Thread starter CnPx
  • 279 comments
I will say I've noticed (& I know others have as well) over the past few months that for a game that officially hit its end of life status mid last year, Turn10 has still been actively engaging the community with it. Seen quite a lot of rival events w/ some sort of livery up for grabs & them looking for fans to tag their photos and showcasing them later on. I don't remember if I ever saw their social media so active when the game was still getting updates.

Have to wonder if T10 is looking to keep the community's interest engaged in preparation for a certain trade event we normally get our first peak at a Motorsport game.
Well, uh, that event has been cancelled altogether (no physical or digital event). Wonder if T10 has another event or will use their streams to announce it.

Well, uh, that event has been cancelled altogether (no physical or digital event). Wonder if T10 has another event or will use their streams to announce it.
I'm starting to wonder if they're losing players like me that only used FH series as a hold over, I've haven't touched FH5 for a month and only messed with FM7 lately because i finally got a wheel and pedals setup. I promptly dropped FM7 for PC2 and about to jump in AC and ACC. I like that they're not rushing the new FM but I might also be else where invested if it's moved into next year.

I like that they're not rushing the new FM but I might also be else where invested if it's moved into next year.
Enjoy what's out now, there are quite a few great racing games out there at the moment. And who knows how long it will take for FM8 to come out (or how great/broken it will be on release). BTW, FH5 is great with a wheel too (much to my surprise) as is PC3. 👍

I'm starting to wonder if they're losing players like me that only used FH series as a hold over, I've haven't touched FH5 for a month and only messed with FM7 lately because i finally got a wheel and pedals setup. I promptly dropped FM7 for PC2 and about to jump in AC and ACC. I like that they're not rushing the new FM but I might also be else where invested if it's moved into next year.
A lot of players in the organized racing community have moved over the last 2-3 years... I suppose it's kind of a niche group and not a huge portion of their sales, but I think it still says something given that the organized community is very loyal and active as many people in it basically race weekly right up until the release of the next title. The series I help organize has been running weekly since the release of FM1, and while we are still plugging along, we have definitely lost some long-time members in the FM7 "era" of the series.

A combination of the state of FM7, the lack of growth from the series, and people getting bored/impatient waiting has made a bunch of people move on. Add in that the whole pandemic thing caused a lot of people to pull the trigger on a wheel set up and/or a gaming PC, and it gave a lot of people the last little push to move on to titles like ACC and iRacing.

and/or a gaming PC
PC is really hitting the sweetspot for me. PC titles. All MSFT + subsidiairies Xbox titles. And I'm not even ruling out GT7 making it to PC in a year or two, now that Sony has seen there's serious cash to be made there.

Microsoft's E3 showcases were not technically a part of E3 but done in separate buildings (Microsoft's E3 showcase was not under E3 oversight.). The event was done near the E3 expo center and before the E3 event started.

Basically, they could still be doing an event there this year or they might have it in Redmond.

Last edited:
As much as i would love to see FM8 turn out to be Amazing, I don't have high hopes for it.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Motorsport 7 and while Horizon 5 is not a bad game, it got stale really quickly for me. They both felt like a side step rather than a step forward.

I still have higher hopes for Motorsport 8 than say Test Drive Unlimited 3 or a new NFS game but it's safe to say that you cannot trust anything in the current gaming market if ever so who knows?

Last edited:
Cant be any worse the GT7
Of course it can. GT7 is still a good game. Even with MTX and online requirement.

Just Gimmi a good effin game day one.
You must have missed the info that is going to have a service type system. Which will probably lead to multiple patches too.

Cool cars and many race tracks, simple aint it.
You just described Project Cars 3. We all know how that turned out.

People should keep their expectations realistic. It won't be a revolution in the series, at least not that much. It won't be ACC. It will probably feature 99% of tracks and cars from FM7. It will probably have some sort of weekly playlist too. It probably won't have the best AI either. It will be a good game for some and a disaster for others. FM4 fans will be disappointed the most.

One of the ways how Turn 10 can potentially screw up the next Motorsport is that they cut down on the car list and make it smaller than Motorsport 7, where it will be the common excuse of "qUaLiTy oVeR qUaNtItY", laziness, or just simply abandoning the franchise's roots in favor of a niche selection just to keep the car count down. We don't want a repeat of Motorsport 5.

What could really set the next Motorsport apart from GT7 to really create a well-detailed and solid racing game would be:
  • Car list of more than 1,000 cars. Take everything from Motorsport 7, provided there are little to no licensing issues, then add new-to-series vehicles, whatever they can from Horizons 4 and 5, alongside some cars from the Xbox 360 era that they choose to bring back. They can easily achieve this number anyway. The large and diverse car list should definitely return, but also with more motorsports/disciplines represented such as Super GT/DTM, modern and classic rally series, Trans Am, Le Mans Hypercar (potentially) and so much more. After all, Forza as a whole is a celebration of car culture and motorsports of all kinds. Get rid of the "latest or fastest only" rule where in previous games, slower or older models get left out. We still need them back so as to make sure we have the complete lineup in a car's model family series.
  • In Forza's Free Play modes, every car in the game can be used a rental car in the Free Play modes (something GT7 can really take inspiration from in their Arcade Modes). However, it needs to go back to the FM3/FM4 route where you can select only car-specific colors and perform car-specific setup tuning based on their stock forms as well. In FM7, you can only choose the car, but not any colors they come with, or any set-up tuning at all. They need to expand on it by implementing custom championships, and a similar feature like in GT7 where you can hand-pick your opponents' cars and rename your opponents. Practice, qualifying and Forza race regulations should also be included here.
  • As for tracks, maybe around 40+ environments? But I do hope they include off-road tracks too, given the large number of off-road/rally cars, and also that the SUV's and pick-up trucks can feel right at home, too. They also need to double down on dynamic time of day and weather for all tracks.
  • Diverse career mode similar to Motorsports 3 and 4, but with new concepts, tracks and ideas. And if they go the same route like in GT Sport and GT7 where the game will be constantly updated, they also need to add more events, championships and other such things in between to keep us entertained. Implement something similar to Blueprints from the Horizon games to create our own unique career events too.
  • Completely overhauled physics are confirmed - can't wait to see and experience how that will turn out.
  • Online multiplayer is being worked on, hopefully the encouragement of building communities and its improvements, such as Forza race regulations, skill-based matchmaking, practice and qualifying sessions and so much more, to separate the hardcore racers from the Blinks.
  • And above all, no always-online requirement and no need to rely on microtransactions. That being said, the in-game economy should be fair, but not too generous.
  • Lastly, they should step up their licensing to make this the Forza Motorsport game that will last a long time, as in the past, every Forza game and its DLC would get delisted from sale after every four years, resorting to either second-hand markets or piracy to purchase the game beforehand, and even its DLC's. Better yet, they should implement the same system as GT Sport and GT7 where new cars, tracks, career events, championships and more get added from updates.

"qUaLiTy oVeR qUaNtItY"
You said that but you want a 1000 car list. There will always be that argument if you have lots of content. You simply can't have GT level of details and a 1000 car list. The same goes with having a detailed environment with Ray Tracing and 60 fps. It won't happen.

You said that but you want a 1000 car list. There will always be that argument if you have lots of content. You simply can't have GT level of details and a 1000 car list. The same goes with having a detailed environment with Ray Tracing and 60 fps. It won't happen.
What I meant is that one way to ruin the reputation of this game is to cut down on cars under that excuse. That's what happened with Motorsport 5, apparently, giving "quality over quantity" as the main factor why they cut down the car list from Motorsport 4's 650+ to around 200 at launch, considering the time constraints, development on the then-new Xbox One, and that they even had to assist Playground in developing the first Horizon, if I remember closely. Two years really isn't enough to develop a Forza game if you want the most cars and tracks, detailed and polished gameplay, and so on.

Thing is though, every car featured in the series starting from Motorsport 3 are at premium-level quality, given they're fully modeled from the exterior and interior. It just needs some minor polishing to get it to accommodate the latest graphics engine, whether it would be with ray tracing or not. The "standard"-quality cars of Forza, if going by the franchise's history, are those cars that were left out in the first Motorsport, as well as Motorsport 2, that didn't make the jump to Motorsport 3 and onwards.

It's either due to licensing, and possibly even Turn 10's lame rule of having the "latest or fastest" in a car's model family series and leaving all the rest out, why we have lost some good cars in the past.

There is that difference in graphics engines throughout the generations of Forza titles, but either way, that's also the case with PS3 premiums in Gran Turismo - they also need to be rendered under the latest graphics engine with minor polish and quality control rather than having to re-do them from scratch (while for standards, they need to be rebuilt either way).

But then again it would be disastrous if this next Motorsport has a car list smaller than Motorsport 7.

Last edited:
I think FM(8) will feature less cars than FM7. Main reason that the game will have some sort of service. I wouldn't be surprised if it will have some sort of playlist with exclusive cars as prizes.
If that will be the case I would understand the rumour about cars being offered for free in the next game.
Anyway people will still make the arguments about laziness and quality over quantity. People will still take pictures of light bulbs, brake callipers screws, trees, people on the stands.... and complain. If they put GTE cars with GT3 cars they will be called lazy. If they use a different combination of colours for curbs will be enough to call it both lazy and incompetent.
And of course physics and FFB will always be compared to AC or RF2 or any other sim.

Players should really expect an evolving game rather than a finished product. But mostly players shouldn't expect this to be the ultimate racer that will satisfy everyone that got hurt by FM7, GT7, PC3 or whatever game they got disappointed. It's going to be a good game for some and garbage for others. Like always... at least it has been so after FM4.

Do you have a link for that? Ive been out the loop since a few months because of the thought that GT7 would be it but yesterday i gave up i wanna tune a cool car just to have Fun on the nordschleife but i didnt have credits for it that was the moment i was done with it….. just want to have a fun race game not a second job before i can have fun

Do you have a link for that?
I'm guessing he is referencing the usual timeframe Microsoft makes their new game announcements. Granted it won't be at E3 since that seems to be dead (for now at least), but it sounds like there will still be an Xbox showcase some time in June.

Okay but they (turn 10) didnt say that there Will be Some info or What ever?

It scares me that its draf silince about thuis game for a Year now those updates in the Forza streams are also not saying alot…..

Okay but they (turn 10) didnt say that there Will be Some info or What ever?

It scares me that its draf silince about thuis game for a Year now those updates in the Forza streams are also not saying alot…..
I can give you 99.98% guarantee that we will see Forza Motorsport at the coming up Xbox showcase in June.

I'm pretty sure Playground Games will be there to announce the first Forza Horizon 5 expansion too.

Last edited:
I will say I've noticed (& I know others have as well) over the past few months that for a game that officially hit its end of life status mid last year, Turn10 has still been actively engaging the community with it. Seen quite a lot of rival events w/ some sort of livery up for grabs & them looking for fans to tag their photos and showcasing them later on. I don't remember if I ever saw their social media so active when the game was still getting updates.

Have to wonder if T10 is looking to keep the community's interest engaged in preparation for a certain trade event we normally get our first peak at a Motorsport game.
They've had some different community managers come in who finally communicate and engage with the players. Past ones didn't seem to do much of anything. This has been going on for quite a while, so I don't think it's related to the announcement being soon.
Re: T10 and microtransactions, FM4-6 and some of the FH titles, you could buy tokens. They even had it as part of Forza Rewards- to get max points from the program for FM4-5 you had to purchase tokens.
Around the time of release of FM7, they said they were done with MTX. Along with this, the Forza Rewards stats for purchased credits were automatically maxed out on all games that someone has played.
Everything we have heard about Forza Motorsport 8 so far is a focus on gameplay, physics, and a more simulation experience.

I wouldn't expect the game to be completely devoid of options for people new to racing though but maybe not a heavy focus on those players.
There's really no chance they get rid of all of the assists Forza has always had. The games can be easy enough that a small child can play them. Having more realistic physics with optional assists on top is what they've always aimed for, even if the actual physics weren't where they should've been.
You must have missed the info that is going to have a service type system. Which will probably lead to multiple patches too.
That's a pretty large concern for me, do you have a source?

They've had some different community managers come in who finally communicate and engage with the players. Past ones didn't seem to do much of anything. This has been going on for quite a while, so I don't think it's related to the announcement being soon.
I suppose I've just missed it from before, then. Just seems out of the ordinary to see a studio still actively engaging with its social media for a game that's 4+ years old and reached end of life status. Most devs seem to just go quiet til' the next game is ready to be announced (or at least, the titles I follow). But, I do like it; I think it shows a promise for the community when FM8/reboot is out.

I suppose I've just missed it from before, then. Just seems out of the ordinary to see a studio still actively engaging with its social media for a game that's 4+ years old and reached end of life status. Most devs seem to just go quiet til' the next game is ready to be announced (or at least, the titles I follow). But, I do like it; I think it shows a promise for the community when FM8/reboot is out.
I'm guessing they want to start interactions with the community and test out things related to social media specifically for the new game. i suspect the new game will be a GaaS, so monthly events like in fm7/fh4/fh5 will be common and will need community engagement on social media to hype up each update.

That's a pretty large concern for me, do you have a source?
There is no confirmation. But I think it was Chris who said that there will be "locked" cars when they asked him about cars coming through Forzathon or similar activities. I think it was back when he mentioned the possibility of having all cars available for free. Something about building cars rather than just buying and collecting them. That and mentioning a focus on E-sport and building a community around the game. All of that suggest there will be post launch content like Forzathon or some form of playlist.

ManteoMax is still keeping that thread about all the info up to date on the official forum, but it's really a very long thread. I refuse to read everything just to find specific quotes. But like I said there is no confirmation. So if someone wants to believe the game will come out like a finished product (similar to FM1 or 2) is going to be disappointed for sure.

TBF FM7 already kind of a live service game with monthly feature updates with spotlight car(s) every month in its second year (June 2018 to Aug 2019). It is a pretty successful formula to introduce new monthly content and keep engagements high and also fulfilling some of the more requested cars/features that otherwise one would have to pay for in dlc or have to wait till the next installment.

Considering that both FH4 and 5 are doing it very well alongside FM's direct competitor GT7 (even GTS), I see no reason why FM wouldn't have it. The name also not being numbered as 8 also can indicate that this game is here to stay for a while (presumable till the end of the generation).

and I certainly hope they do not mimic the FH5 playlist things as those are super tedious and depressingly unimaginative.
If done right I think it could be a fantastic addition to the Motorsport side. The fact the game features real circuits and T10 having relationships with a few series'* seems like the perfect opportunity to have tie-in events as various events are happening in the real world. People taking Rivals serious rather than just another checklist item should also make things a little more interesting.

Aside from the time-gating of prizes my only other concern is them forcing teams like they do with Horizon.

*Considering BTCC, IndyCar, Le Mans/WEC and NASCAR have all entered deals with Motorsport Games since FM7 I obviously don't know what the status of these relationships is.

If done right I think it could be a fantastic addition to the Motorsport side. The fact the game features real circuits and T10 having relationships with a few series'* seems like the perfect opportunity to have tie-in events as various events are happening in the real world. People taking Rivals serious rather than just another checklist item should also make things a little more interesting.

Aside from the time-gating of prizes my only other concern is them forcing teams like they do with Horizon.

*Considering BTCC, IndyCar, Le Mans/WEC and NASCAR have all entered deals with Motorsport Games since FM7 I obviously don't know what the status of these relationships is.
I don't think they can do it "right" while the community exists like it does, although I suppose they could do it better than it is now at least.

Tie-in events and themed events to coincide with big real-world races sounds like a good idea on the surface, but actually executing them would be very divisive. Half of the community hates multiplayer and seems to think that the games should only exist as single player experiences, while the other half sees single player content as tedious stuff to grind through to get credits or cars unlocked for multiplayer.

Using the Nurburgring 24H as an example since it's coming up here soon, having special 24min Nordschleife races with randomized weather and an accelerated 24 hour cycle that you can earn Forzathon points from seems like it makes sense... But how do they do it?

Make it a hopper and you get all kinds of "this isn't fair, I don't want to play with other people, I don't have Xbox Live" complaints. Make it a single player race with easy AI and it's just a checklist item and you get "this is boring there is no challenge you just drive around" complaints. Make it a single player race with hard AI and you get "this isn't fun, you just crash your way to first at turn 1 or you restart, the AI cheats" complaints.

Rivals is another big trouble spot. Locking prizes behind finishing higher on the rivals list has lead to all kinds of complaining about how it's "hopeless" for some people to win the prize or whatever when they have tried it in the past, but making it just a quick checklist item so everyone can win/unlock things means no one takes it seriously and just finish it up with their clean lap and move on which makes it kinda no fun for everyone.

Last edited:
so, is there a FM predictions thread?
i would like to see some from this community.
Assuming it is going to be shown on 12th, of course.

I think they have a deal with Apollo, and that's why the IE was featured heavily in the reveal. While there are several contenders for a cover car (296 GT3, Huayra R, C8 Z06, 992 GT3rs etc.), i think this is it :
The Apollo Project Evo. unveiled in Nov last year.
1654443911636.png
1654443936943.png

Latest Posts

Back