Doog's Regular Replicas (NEW: Honda Accord LX)

• Thread starter Doog
  • 403 comments
Can I put another request down?

BMW 535d MSport
BMW 545i MSport

based on the M5 '08?

Take your time on them

And i built the E320 CDI replica on my E55 and I gotta say, impressive!!

A bit too much torque for my liking but the ballast soon contained that a bit.

But overall, very similar to my car in every way!

Thanks 👍

I'll add those two to my queue. :)

Doog! Fantastic fleet of replicas you got there... Great idea of building ordinary versions.

I had planned several regular Porsche versions for my Workshop but well, its all covered in dust lately.Need to get the thread up and running... I miss the good ol' trading days... full schedules... it was awesome.

Keep it up! Now I understand the THIS IS SPORTKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Joke. It's a burning rubber little bastard.

Mazdaspeed MX-5
Based off the Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04
Painted in Dark Silver Metallic

NrburgringNordschleife_12.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_13.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_14.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_15.jpg

The Recipe

GT Auto

Engine Rebuild
Chassis Restoration
Paint the wheels Dark Silver

Tuning Parts

ECU Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Single-Plate
Flywheel: Sports
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension
Sports Soft Tires

Ballast Amount: 40 kg
Ballast Position: 0

Power Level: 86.6%

Transmission

Top Speed: 149 mph
Final Gear: 4.100

1st: 3.760
2nd: 2.269
3rd: 1.645
4th: 1.273
5th: 1.060
6th: 0.843

Suspension

Ride Height: -7, -7
Spring Rate: 7.1, 5.9
Dampers (Extension): 6, 5
Dampers (Compression): 5, 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2, 2

Camber Angle: 0.6, 0.3
Brakes: 0.00, 0.20

LSD

Initial Torque: 45
Acceleration Sensitivity: 45
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Brakes: 6, 5

Specs

Horsepower: 178 at 5800 RPM
Torque: 173 lb-ft at 4900 RPM
Weight: 1120 kg
Performance Points: 399

Comments:

The Mazda Miata, as my mom would put it, is a happy little car. Indeed it is, it handles so neutrally, but yet so nicely, it's a tool of precision and feel that brings out the best in any driver. But as so many Mazdas go, the Miata lacks a bit of Zoom Zoom. The solution to that is the Mazdaspeed MX-5, a car that is better in every way than the Miata it was based upon. Keep in mind that that Miata was quite good already. The Mazdaspeed MX-5 gets a turbo, as well as a beefed up suspension, and stickier tires. Despite these tough-sounding upgrades, the boosted MX-5 is still a happy little car.
From that raspy, yet refined growl from the exhausts at the back, to the the low-slung racing position, to the precision and feel of the steering wheel, the MX-5 is a hoot to drive. You can hammer it into any corner, and it almost absorbs the asphalt with the sheer grip it has, yet still maintaining that trademark neutral but fun character that made it so lovable to begin with. The engine and transmission are a match made in heaven; the boosted four pot creates surges of acceleration throughout the rev range, and the close-ratio transmission makes sure that power continues to come on as a surge. The Mazdaspeed Miata is an exciting car to drive, and is a solid improvement upon the regular Miata, but yet retains all the good things that made the original so delectable.

Hey Doog, I'd love to help you make replicas. I see you have a clogged up queue right now.

Sure, why not.
You don't have to help with my list, you can make your own as well. But if you want to help clean up the queue, go ahead. :dopey:👍
Just don't make the Mazdaspeed Protege, as I've started on that already.

Mazdaspeed Protegé
Based off the Mazda Protegé '02
Painted in Pacifico Azzuro

EigerNordwandShortTrack_17.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_18.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_19.jpg

The Recipe

GT Auto

Engine Rebuild
Chassis Restoration
Paint the wheels Dark Silver

Tuning Parts

Sports Intake Manifold
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
Mid RPM Turbo Kit
Clutch: Single-Plate
Flywheel: Sports
Adjustable LSD
Sports Medium Tires

Ballast Amount: 120 kg

Power Level: 88.1%

Transmission

Top Speed: 168 mph
Final Gear: 4.105

1st: 3.281
2nd: 1.842
3rd: 1.310
4th: 1.013
5th: 0.836
6th: 0.655

Suspension

Ride Height: 0, 0
Spring Rate: 6.8, 4.8
Dampers (Extension): 5, 4
Dampers (Compression): 4, 3
Anti-Roll Bars: 1, 1

Camber Angle: 0.7, 0.4
Toe Angle: 0.00, 0.20

LSD

Initial Torque: 45
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Specs

Horsepower: 170 at 5800 RPM
Torque: 163 lb-ft at 4700 RPM
Weight: 1290 kg
Performance Points: 380

Comments:

Whereas the Mazdaspeed 3 is the hyper, balls to the wall kid who loves sugar, and the Mazdaspeed Miata is the pretty girl who does gymnastics, the Mazdaspeed Protegé is the quiet kid who's a respectable athlete. Indeed, that's the theme of the Protegé, it has decent horsepower, decent torque, and decent weight. As we all know, numbers are very different from how the car actually performs on the track, especially with Mazdas. And like its more dedicated brethren, the Protegé is quite the athlete on the track. Its sport tuned suspension and beefed up brakes make it a star of its own in the corners, with fantastic grip, and no understeer if you drive it right.
Acceleration is lacking, taking nearly 8 seconds from 0 to 60 and much more than that to complete the quarter mile. Luckily, thanks in part to a turbocharger, the Protegé feels quicker than that, though its gears are quite long, and power comes on rather slowly. So really, this is a car specifically for corners, and that's exactly where it belongs. If you use the Protegé for drag races, you're gonna have a bad time.

I have a few requests
Ford Focus RS500
Mini Countryman JCW
Fiat 500 Edizione Maserati

I've been eagerly waiting to make a JCW Countryman, and it's interesting you suggest it today, because Motortrend's just tested it, and I found some valuable information in their article, so this one's finally possible. :dopey:

Updated Queue:

• Mercedes-Benz A200 CDI & possibly A200 Turbo
  • Citroen Xantia 2.1 Turbo D12
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Sport '86
  • Porsche Boxster S '13
  • BMW 545i MSport
  • Ford Focus RS500
  • Mini Countryman JCW
  • Fiat 500 Edizione Maserati
  • Volkswagen Golf GTD

Don't expect them in this particular order; I'll complete them based upon whichever I feel like doing, but I am motivated to get these ones finished, so you should see all of these in this thread within the next week. 👍

Last edited:
BMW 535d M Sport
Based off the BMW M5 '08
Painted in Light Grey

EigerNordwandShortTrack_20.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_21.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_22.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_23.jpg

The Recipe

GT Auto

Oil Change

Tuning Parts

Weight Reduction Stage 1
Window Weight Reduction
ECU Tuning
Stage 1 Engine Tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Hard Tires

Ballast Amount: 1 kg

Power Level: 50.0%

Transmission

Top Speed: 273 mph
Final Gear: 2.647

1st: 4.171
2nd: 2.347
3rd: 1.691
4th: 1.272
5th: 0.999
6th: 0.819
7th: 0.691

Suspension

Ride Height: -1, -1
Spring Rate: 12.2, 13.6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4, 4

Camber Angle: 0.3, 0.1

Brakes: 5, 5

Specs

Horsepower: 289 at 4300 RPM
Torque: 380 lb-ft at 4000 RPM
Weight: 1660 kg
Performance Points: 457

Comments:

I'm not a big fan of the 5-Series, because I've always found its interior to be a joke, especially with the price you pay to get one that's equipped slightly better than a Toyota Corolla. That's just not nice of BMW. I get it, they focus on driving pleasure, but part of having a nice drive is just having an interior that you actually like being in, which greatly helps that 90% of your drive when you're not thrashing the car. That said, the 535d is a very impressive car to drive. Thanks to being much lighter, and benefiting from a responsive 3 liter diesel, the 535d feels light on its feet and feels quick. Its handling can be compared to that of a Mazda Miata; it's very neutral, but still very fun. It just keeps gripping, and it almost never understeers. Very rarely do you get oversteer either, and that just produces slow, smoky drifts.
Regular driving is where all diesels excel, and this is no different. The 5er is quiet on the highway in 6th gear, and has accessible passing power in 5th. City driving is much of the same, the grunty inline six keeps the 535d in line with traffic, and overall torque is good, though launches seem to leave the Beemer flat-footed. Crap interior or not, the 535d is still a legitimate sports sedan, and is very fun to drive, and that's hard to argue with.
Shift at 5000 RPM.

Last edited:
BMW 535d M Sport
Based off the BMW M5 '08
Painted in Light Grey

I'm not a big fan of the 5-Series, because I've always found its interior to be a joke, especially with the price you pay to get one that's equipped slightly better than a Toyota Corolla...
Its handling can be compared to that of a Mazda Miata

Woah oh, Doog with his premium name!

Anyway, I agree with the interior. The only comfy fit you might get in a BMW is the Z series.

Woah oh, Doog with his premium name!

Anyway, I agree with the interior. The only comfy fit you might get in a BMW is the Z series.

Can't speak for the Z cars, but the 5er I sat in, a 530i, felt like crap all around. Cheap, plasticy looking materials that felt cheap, and rock hard leather, a questionable interface, and a shifter that looks like...ahem...an adult toy, combined to make my brief experience with it poor. I also sat in a 3-Series sedan and coupe, and they felt vastly better in quality and fit. In contrast, the E320 that I also sat in on the same day felt vastly better than the Beemers, and was supremely comfortable, looked nice, and felt nice. Then I sat in an LS430 and fell in love. :dopey:
But yeah, really interesting how different makes do interiors.

I've been eagerly waiting to make a JCW Countryman, and it's interesting you suggest it today, because Motortrend's just tested it, and I found some valuable information in their article, so this one's finally possible. :dopey:

Updated Queue:

• Porsche Boxster S '13
  • BMW 545i MSport
  • Ford Focus RS500
  • Mini Countryman JCW

Don't expect them in this particular order; I'll complete them based upon whichever I feel like doing, but I am motivated to get these ones finished, so you should see all of these in this thread within the next week. 👍

Hey mate,

If you want, I can send you the Ford Focus RS500, MP10 made one a long time ago. Saves you time and you can focus on other cars 👍

Let me know!

Out

EDIT: I will post the specs here instead so everybody can enjoy it :)

Hey mate,

If you want, I can send you the Ford Focus RS500, MP10 made one a long time ago. Saves you time and you can focus on other cars 👍

Let me know!

Out

EDIT: I will post the specs here instead so everybody can enjoy it :)

If you could do that, that'd be great. 👍

@Doog: have you thought of any Golf V 2.0 GTD "replica tuning" with the '05 Golf V GTI? With the low rpm turbo kit, some mods (those which don't increase rpm) and the power limiter it can reach about 36.2 kgm (~355 Nm) @ 2000 rpm and 170 hp peak power at 3900 rpm. Right on track with actual specs, unlike most of your other diesel replica tunings.

@Doog: have you thought of any Golf V 2.0 GTD "replica tuning" with the '05 Golf V GTI? With the low rpm turbo kit, some mods (those which don't increase rpm) and the power limiter it can reach about 36.2 kgm (~355 Nm) @ 2000 rpm and 170 hp peak power at 3900 rpm. Right on track with actual specs, unlike most of your other diesel replica tunings.

I have thought of it, but I haven't searched around for any specs. I'll add it to the queue.

For gear ratios check here:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...tios.xls+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a
XLS file here: http://vwtechnic.com/Technic/VWGearboxRatios.xls

Keep in mind that some VW gearboxes have a different final gear ratio for the 5th and 6th gear (this is listed in that website when it's the case) so you will have to calculate the ratio you would have with the primary final gear.

By the way, the GT5 gear set up selection makes it very hard (if not impossible in certain cases) to reproduce correct gear ratio settings for TDI models. You will have to play with the final gear and the "max speed" setting. I hope PD will remove this stupid limitation in GT6.

For gear ratios check here:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...tios.xls+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&client=firefox-a
XLS file here: http://vwtechnic.com/Technic/VWGearboxRatios.xls

Keep in mind that some VW gearboxes have a different final gear ratio for the 5th and 6th gear (this is listed in that website when it's the case) so you will have to calculate the ratio you would have with the primary final gear.

By the way, the GT5 gear set up selection makes it very hard (if not impossible in certain cases) to reproduce correct gear ratio settings for TDI models. You will have to play with the final gear and the "max speed" setting. I hope PD will remove this stupid limitation in GT6.

Big thanks for providing the links; Volkswagen gearboxes in general are hard to find specs for. 👍

Just to save you a lot of work, this is the best I've able to come up with for the '05 VW Golf TDI 170 DPF (there was no GTD version that year):

Base: VW Golf V GTI '05
GT Auto->Oil change
Tires->Comfort Medium

Low RPM Range Turbo Kit
Sports Intake Manifold
Power Limiter to 75.0% - 170 hp@3800-4300 rpm (varies depending on engine conditions and small power limiter fluctuations)
Ballast: 109 Kg, position: -40 (1445 Kg)

Gear ratios:
- Select full customizable transmission
- click "default"
- set final gear to 3.200
- set max speed to 360 Km/h
- set final gear to 3.389
gears: 3.780, 2.270, 1.520, 1.100, 0.864, 0.730
(not exactly the right gearbox, but it's a TDI gearbox which seems suitable for this car. Fifth gear actually needs to be 0.860, but this value was out of range)

Alternate TDI gearbox setting:
- click "default"
- set final gear to 3.100
- set max speed to 420 Km/h
- set final gear to 3.684
gears: 3.769, 2.087, 1.324, 0.977, 0.772, 0.644

Fully customizable suspension
Ride height 30/30 (to make the ride height look back to stock. Actual values might need to be higher)
Spring rate: 3.0/3.1 (heavier engine needs slightly harder springs)
dampers: 1/1/1/1
Anti-roll bars 1/1

camber: 0.3 / 1.2
toe angle: 0.1 / 0.1
source for this data: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/multi/wheel_alignment.htm#mk5jetta

Brake balance: 6/2

Don't shift higher than 4700 rpm. Preferred shift rpm: 4200.

Performance:
0-400m: 16.192s
0-1000m: 29.238s
0-100 Km/h: 8.343s
Top speed: 226.4 Km/h

Sounds about right! Look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Golf_Mk5#Engine_choices
http://www.zeperfs.com/en/fiche1673-vw-golf-v-2-0-tdi.htm

If power dropped quicker after its peak, it would have the same top speed as the real Golf V TDI 170.

Last edited:
Another one:

Golf IV TDI 150 Sport
Base: VW Golf GTI '01

Ballast: 61 Kg, position -40 (1341 Kg)
- Oil change
- Sports Intake Manifold
- Racing Air Filter
- Sports Exhaust Manifold
- Low RPM Turbo Kit
Power Limiter: 81.9% to 148 hp --- 30.5 kgfm @ 2000 rpm, 148 hp @ 3800 rpm (varies)
(unfortunately it lacks some torque - about 2 kgfm / 20 Nm - but it's close)

Fully customizable suspension
Ride height 20/20
Spring rate: 2.9/2.2 (heavier engine needs slightly harder springs)
dampers: 1/1/1/1
Anti-roll bars 1/1

camber: 0.3 / 1.3
toe angle: 0.0 / 0.25
source for this data: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/m...t.htm#mk5jetta

Gear ratios:
- click "default"
- set final gear to 2.500
- set max speed to 370 Km/h
- set final gear to 3.158
gears: 3.780, 2.118, 1.360, 0.971, 0.760
(the Golf IV GTI'01 only allows a 5 speed gearbox, so I was forced to use a 5 speed TDI gearbox)

Brake balance: 6/2
Tires: comfort medium

Shift gear at about 4100-4200 rpm, don't go over 4500 rpm.

Performance:
0-400m: 16.915s
0-1000m: 30.524s
0-100 Km/h: 9.504s
Slower performance than the actual model, It might be because TDI 150 engines were actually more powerful than rated.

Top speed: 217.4 Km/h (too fast maybe due to power not dropping quickly enough after peak)

Last edited:
Queue updated again.

Updated Queue:

• Porsche Boxster S '13
  • Ford Focus RS500
  • Mini Countryman JCW
  • Volkswagen Golf V 2.0 TDI 170 DPF
  • Volkswagen Golf IV TDI 1.9 150 Sport
  • Chrylser 300 SRT8 '12

Last edited:
More correctly:

Volkswagen Golf V 2.0 TDI 170 DPF
Volkswagen Golf IV 1.9 TDI 150 Sport

By the way, I hope PD puts more "normal" versions in GT6, together with the sportier ones. And Diesel engines too.

BMW 545i M Sport
Based off the BMW M5 '08
Painted in Alpinweiß

NrburgringNordschleife_16.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_17.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_18.jpg

NrburgringNordschleife_19.jpg

The Recipe

GT Auto

Oil Change
Paint the wheels Silver

Tuning Parts

Stage 2 Weight Reduction
Adjustable LSD
Sports Hard Tires

Ballast Amount: 114
Ballast Position: -30

Power Level: 67.8%

Transmission

Top Speed: 273 mph
Final Gear: 3.380

1st: 4.171
2nd: 2.340
3rd: 1.637
4th: 1.231
5th: 0.967
6th: 0.810
7th: 0.713

Suspension

Ride Height: -1, -1
Spring Rate: 12.2, 13.6
Anti-Roll Bars: 4, 4

Camber Angle: 0.3, 0.1

LSD

Initial Torque: 15
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Specs

Horsepower: 329 at 5200 RPM
Torque: 355 lb-ft at 4800 RPM
Weight: 1635 kg
Performance Points: 472

Comments:

Despite sharing its sports suspension with its diesel-powered sibling, the 535d, the 545i has a completely different attitude. The lazy 4.4 liter V8 revs at its own pace, and with long gearing, the car feels much slower than it actually is; it's actually quite fast. Handling is a bit less precise and responsive, but unlike the 535, the 545 oversteers more often, spicing up the driving experience. It's still sporty, though, and it's quite fun on the Nurburgring. But, this is still a comfort-oriented car. The engine is barely audible at highway speeds, though you do need to shift down some if you want to pass anything. In the city, the 545i could really use some more low-end grunt, and I favor the 535d in these situations. But the 545i still has plenty of power and keeps up with traffic. If you found the diesel power 535d to be a bit too sporty, the 545i strikes a nice balance between sport and comfort.
Shift at 7000 RPM.

Last edited:
'05 VW Golf TDI 170 DPF
Gear ratios:
- click "default"
- set final gear to 3.250
- set max speed to 350 Km/h
- set final gear to 3.389
gears: 3.780, 2.270, 1.520, 1.100, 0.864, 0.730
(not exactly the right gearbox, but it's a TDI gearbox which seems suitable for this car. Fifth gear actually needs to be 0.860, but this value was out of range)

Hi mate, just built this up and I found if you set final to 3.200 and max speed 224mph (360kph) all ratios are do-able even the 0.860 fifth gear:)

Keep up the great work guys:tup:

Hi mate, just built this up and I found if you set final to 3.200 and max speed 224mph (360kph) all ratios are do-able even the 0.860 fifth gear:)

Keep up the great work guys:tup:
Cool!
Could you also try finding the proper combination for this gearbox? This is is supposed to be the real gearbox for the Golf V TDI 170, but I haven't been able to find the correct procedure to obtain the same ratios in GT5:

3.769, 2.087, 1.324, 0.977, 0.772, 0.644 (first choice)
3.769, 2.087, 1.324, 0.919, 0.714, 0.599 (alternate values, should be ok for the TDI 170)
Final gear: 3.684

(please note that I have already calculated the correct ratios for the 5th and 6th gear, which have a different final gear ratio than the first four gears in real life)

Last edited:
Back