Download or UMD? How'd you get GT PSP?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo PSP' started by Jordan, Oct 1, 2009.

?

How do you plan on acquiring GT PSP?

1. Download via PSN Store

26.0%
  2. Physical UMD Disc

74.0%
  1. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

Let's keep a running tally amongst GTPlanet members to see how many of you are downloading this game via PSN instead of buying a physical copy. Please vote - it should be interesting to see the results in a few days. :)

2. Jay

Jay Premium

UMD, collectors edition. I would like to get more memory and install as it takes a little while longer than I would like loading from the UMD.

3. bergauk

bergauk

I'll be purchasing it with the money I received for my birthday.

4. AznMetalHead

AznMetalHead

I'll be honest, I just pirated it today :p because I was getting so Impatient, I'm not able to get my copy until tomorrow, UMD at gamestop : )

5. Han_the_Dragon

Han_the_Dragon

UMD collectors, getting the copy in about 10 hours (probably will not have time to go get it sooner)

6. Alonsomania

Alonsomania

Download as part of the PAL PSP GO promo

7. MarcoM

MarcoM

Both

I could not resist getting it on wednesday. But I hate umd's so I will get the psn version as well.

8. Tired Tyres

Tired Tyres

I bought it on UMD yesterday for my original launch PSP. I may end up getting the download version if I buy a PSP go though.

9. Nomino

Nomino (Banned)

Riiiight, OK, whatever. You have a "homebrew" PSP and illegal copy of the game. You will not be buying it and you know it.

GT Planet, I suggest you note his IP and forward his details to SONY.

10. CaptCalvin

CaptCalvin

Nomino who are you to be deciding for other people whether or not they'll be buying a game?!

Noobs these days.

11. AznMetalHead

AznMetalHead

lol why would i put a $5 preorder deposit to waste? and why would i openly admit to pirating in the first place. I'll even post up proof if you want...

Edit: And you have no idea, I've been trying to get my hands on it from Target and other places, ask Jordan.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  12. AznMetalHead

AznMetalHead

Thankyou Capt ;)

13. Emu76

Emu76

14. jlachenal

jlachenal

UMD, i'v got the Colllectors Edition!! i'm @ work right now and can't wait till i'm @ home tonight!!

15. Speedy Samurai

Speedy Samurai Premium

Either way you just admitted to obtaining it illegally, which is.. uh.. illegal.

16. ploopsy

ploopsy

Just got the PSN download. I think its more convenient to always have this game on my memory card.

I will buy the umd in a year or two when prices drop just for the sake of my physical GT media collection.

17. superjag86

superjag86

I ordered the UMD from Play.com and it was sent out today, which means I'll probably have to wait till the weekend before I get to play it :(

Anyone else got their pre-order codes from Play yet?

18. dbarrade

dbarrade

Collectors Edition with black Buggati. But will most likely get PSN to save battery.

19. Klaus_PSU

Klaus_PSU

You do realise pirated copies of the game don't work?

The game needs System software 5.55 to run, but as far as I know the highest Custom Firmware available is 5.5.

Oh yeah, if you have a modified PSP and purchase the UMD it wont run either, because you still need System software ver 5.5. Serves you right for trying to rip off PD and Sony ;)

Purchased my copy today in UMD form. Got an Enzo, Veyron and a SLR through codes already :D

20. Stew2000

Stew2000

UMD.. Normal version been dispatched by Play.com. just waiting for it. >.<

21. upnurv8

upnurv8

I will be getting both. Only 9 more hours to go til Gamestop opens...Woot!

22. abaxas

abaxas

Ermm, that is not true. 'Fixed' versions are out.

For PSP games I always do the same, buy original, play pirate. The games load faster, so why get bogged down with something inferior.

23. Stew2000

Stew2000

£21.99 on PS Store (you'll need to use search button).
    That's alot of money compared to Play.com £17.99.

24. Hubbell_Tyson

Hubbell_Tyson

I'll be downloading from playstation store. I already have 1 other game on UMD and if I get another it means I'll occasionally need to switch UMDs! :)

Plus, the download version should in theory use a bit less battery power since it won't be spinning a disc.
    Oh, and I also heard that it should actually load a bit faster of a memory stick than it will off UMD which is a nice plus if it's true.

25. MugenDb1

MugenDb1

pre-ordered it like two weeks ago and finished paying it last weds cant wait to pick it up tomorrow oh and umd here

26. Tnerb

Tnerb

UMD, because I bought the bundle with a PSP.

27. Arwin

Arwin

Silly, Silly Poll. Where's the BOTH option? :p

28. Stew2000

Stew2000

Gotta be a fruit to buy both. unless you plan to sell the umd after a few months.

29. MarcoM

MarcoM

^^ sucker for GT artwork and hater for UMD accessed games.

So yes, both for me as well.

And I don't reckon you will find me fruity ;)

30. Arwin

Arwin

Got the UMD now.Looks like I might still like to get the PSP Go to play this (PSP 1k screen is a bit dull), in which case I'd get the PSN version for that for free. Also would love to try this with the DS3 bluetooth linkup!. 10 days left to decide!