Download or UMD? How'd you get GT PSP?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 62 comments

How do you plan on acquiring GT PSP?

• Total voters
PSN, after giving it some thought, I decided it is more convenient. And now wih the PSN cards finally coming to Portugal, I'm definetly buying it, and with the money left I'm going to buy the Tetris Mini! :D

I will download the game from the PS store when I come home tonight. I am getting this version because I want to avoid the UMD to prolong the battery life of my PSP. I am aware that the game can be installed from the UMD, but as far as I know, the PSP still accesses the disc when playing.

Last edited:
UMD shipped by Amazon and I'm awaiting its arrival. I guess I'm old fashioned. I'm use to getting physical copies of the games I buy and am in no hurry to switch to download only games.

Download via PSN store as usual, hopefully it is cheaper than the UMD version like all the other games out there.
I buy UMD for movies.
can't wait to leave work. :)

cheers

I got myself a PSP Slim & Lite bundle (PSP-3004) that includes GT, so UMD for me. :)

UMD, no way i'm gonna support sony's idea of a sales monopoly.
I payed for the game and therefore i should be able to sell it, lend it to friends and whatever else i want to do with it.

Well, I sold my soul and preordered the UMD from GameStop. I will be picking it up after work. I hate GameStop. Only GT could make me walk in there.

Jordan, you didn't vote.

I did not have a PSP and cannot afford a PSP GO. Infact I can only afford a reconditioned PSP, so UMD was the choice I made. I hope the reconditioned PSP arrives soon and works well.

Download for me. I'd like a physical copy so maybe I'll buy a physical copy in a few years like several people here have said. It just seems that a digital copy is more flexible since UMD's are slowly on their way out. Who knows, maybe one day a PSP2 will be released which is capable to run your old downloads :)

I traded in SHIFT for the UMD version of GT. Best decision I've made this year

I just bought the UMD version.

Unfortunately, I now have to wait for my battery to charge and must update the firmware too.

Haven't even touched my PSP since June. :lol:

I'll be installing the full game to my 16GB ProDuo and will be putting the disc on the rack with the rest of my games.

edit: Been playing all evening while watching the opening night of NHL action and must say, this is an awesome game. It's Gran Turismo and it's portable. The install from UMD takes about 15 minutes and unforunately, you have to keep the UMD in while playing, even after the install.

Last edited:
While I wait for it to arrive in the post, i'm playing Rock Band Unplugged Lite XD
Five songs only last so long. I've completed every major event but the Endless Setlist in the full version's career mode, so I realize how quickly you can go through those. Five songs is like one bathroom stop.

Yeah thanks for the heads up, I'll do the same. 👍

edit: Now I don't know what to think...

edit2: Install takes 15 minutes

Last edited:
Five songs only last so long. I've completed every major event but the Endless Setlist in the full version's career mode, so I realize how quickly you can go through those. Five songs is like one bathroom stop.

That's why I paid 99p for White Wedding. keep me amused for hours that will :dopey:

Latest Posts

Back