Downloading Others' Tracks (Without FR!)

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 84 comments
I keep getting sent to another page where i have to sign in.

When i click on the link it subs out the /user/ for /signin/ even when i change it in the web bar doesnt let me get past this sign in page.

when i try to sign in with my own PSN account it wont let me either.

What am i doing wrong????????????

When i click on the link it subs out the /user/ for /signin/ even when i change it in the web bar doesnt let me get past this sign in page.

Go to the the official New Zealand GT website, go to Community, then try signing in from there. If that is successful, do the steps listed in the OP.

Ameer, you're my hero. :D I've been too busy to even mess with GT6 lately - besides being fixated on making Forza 6 work right, Microsoft, AAARGH! Plus been locked out of the intranets for several days after a computer rebuild.

Anyhow, I'm dubious of the CM app working on my old iPad, so if it doesn't, I'm looking forward to trying out everyone's creations. Haters be darned.

By the way, has anyone been able to find Lucas' track/tracks?

I just uploaded Portland International Raceway, Portland, Oregon.

Created and uploaded from my Samsung Note 3. Tested and saved.

My phone was connected to the internet through wifi. When I finished building my track I saved it. Then I believe on the upper right of the screen there is a button to transfer the track. I clicked that and it uploaded to PSN (had to log in first).

Then I started up GT6 on the PS3 and went to the track editor and downloaded/installed the track into my GT6 game. Then I was able to test the track and save it. Once saved it could be shared.

I see my track is .2 miles short so I will need to stretch it out a fraction to get it to the true length.

I was very pleased to see the option to track a track map.

Other than elevation changes this will make track making very easy. Of course, I could not create a tight enough turn. I'm not sure if there is a way to make a tighter turn. The track is much bumpier than in real life. Is there a flatter surface available somewhere? I used Eifel Flat to begin with.

Unlike Gran Turismo 5, you are not required to add people to let them access and save your created track. This is very useful since you do not have to deal with the hassle of filling up your friends list.

Note: This is NOT the place to advertise your track "workshop". If you want to do that, go here.

Step 1. Find the track creator's exact PSN ID (case sensitive).
Step 2. Copy and paste https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/PSNID/course/ into your web browser's address bar. (The creator does NOT have to be your friend.) Where it says "PSNID", replace that with the creator's PSN ID.
View attachment 454668
Step 3. Hit enter.
Step 4. You should now be on the user's shared tracks page.
View attachment 454670
Step 5. Select any track you like and hit the blue "Save" button.
View attachment 454665
Step 6. Click "OK".
View attachment 454667
Step 7. Load up GT6, go to Arcade Mode (or whatever mode you like), click on 'User-created tracks", and DONE!
View attachment 454677
You da real MVP.

The track is much bumpier than in real life.
Just wanted to mention that this sounds encouraging. Johnnypenso has lamented for years that save for special cases like the Nurb, the tracks in Gran Turismo are pretty much ruler flat. So now they have some character? Is this a hint of work done for GT7 trickling down to us?

Just wanted to mention that this sounds encouraging. Johnnypenso has lamented for years that save for special cases like the Nurb, the tracks in Gran Turismo are pretty much ruler flat. So now they have some character? Is this a hint of work done for GT7 trickling down to us?
The way I understand it, it gets bumpier the more anchors you use.

Looks like these links are time-limited or users online/offline dependent. I got the error on my link, copy paste it again and it worked :boggled:

Edit: nevermind, there was missing friend part in my links

Last edited:

exactly, wont let me either...??????????????????????????????????????????

I don't know what's up. Everything is working fine on my side.

strange, oh well..could anyone add me as a friend then my psn id is sammyhotshot19

added two people up to now thanks, using their tracks which are great, would love to try more..:)

Last edited:
If I could place the bumps where they are in real life, that would be great. But when I laid out the Portland Track there were no options for making it smooth or rough. Portland is a very flat, smooth track, but the track came out rough. There is a spot you are on the throttle and in real life you can hold that onto the back straight. In the game it's so rough you have to lift a little or you end up in to the guard rail.

If I could place the bumps where they are in real life, that would be great. But when I laid out the Portland Track there were no options for making it smooth or rough. Portland is a very flat, smooth track, but the track came out rough. There is a spot you are on the throttle and in real life you can hold that onto the back straight. In the game it's so rough you have to lift a little or you end up in to the guard rail.
depending on how much effort you already have into it, you might try starting over from scratch, to see if the offensive bumps are reduced or gone

also, you might go back and see if there are some intermediate anchor points used in drawing it out, that are no longer needed and can be deleted in that area of the track
ie. anchor points in straightish sections between two curves, that when deleted, preserve the line trace

Has anyone figured out how to get the file for the track editor rather than the track data? I want to load a track and try changing it slightly.

I tried to edit the track for track length. I was intending to stretch the image to gain the .22 miles it was missing.

I couldn't find an editing tool to stretch the saved image.

I didn't put that much time into making it so I can try again. I didn't use anchors. I'll have to read up on them to see how they would affect the track.

I wonder if if the track surface would be more smooth on a different area of the grid. Anyone know if the Eifel Flat is flatter in one area over another?

I tried to edit the track for track length. I was intending to stretch the image to gain the .22 miles it was missing.

I couldn't find an editing tool to stretch the saved image.

I didn't put that much time into making it so I can try again. I didn't use anchors. I'll have to read up on them to see how they would affect the track.

I wonder if if the track surface would be more smooth on a different area of the grid. Anyone know if the Eifel Flat is flatter in one area over another?
Yes, Sorry, Ameer, of course, topic ran away from me.

Smiley, Ameer is right, your question should be posted in a different thread. I was gonna answer, but then...

In the Public Profile Settings there is a checkbox to Allow Non-Friends to visit your My Page.

I have clicked on quite a few urls, that have looked correct but have given me an error. I wonder if that could be the reason.

Back