DPC : Week 5 Entry, PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE POSTING :)

• Thread starter 194GVan
  • 140 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drift-Kid
well dam i think you just won week five too...............that pic is awesome

That might look good but if it wasnt a still that drift would have been rubbish as you were at too tight an angle to get it round those corners nicely.

First time using photomode and I was in the midle of a tournament so I had to take out my memory card which also meant I couldnt change cars.
Heres a few of mine:

FINAL ENTRY

Drift-Kid
i thought the only thing you could do during a tournament was save

Save replay, and you can take pics in the replay theater.

Isnt the deadline over yet?. Or is it because im in the UK. Well seeing as the comp is still open I shall finish my tournament and jump into a rwd beast.

Unless I got the date wrong on the first page, its supposed to be open until Thursday.

194GVan
Unless I got the date wrong on the first page, its supposed to be open until Thursday.

Oh yeah my mistake. Its just that in the UK we put the day before the month and then the year.

JMURDER367
I don't see no one checking anyone elses to see if it was phothsopped lol... :sly:

Damn right! PS 7 again! Don't sweat it Jmurder, it's not just you that's being targeted. I've confirmed this pic went through ps7.

MdnIte
Damn right! PS 7 again! Don't sweat it Jmurder, it's not just you that's being targeted. I've confirmed this pic went through ps7.

Same here.

Here's how I propose we take care of this situation.

Instead trying to police every entry, wait till the 15 are picked. Then have EACH member reupload their picture for the final poll. That way, we're only checking 15 pics instead of a few hundred.

Thanks Swift, for having a solution to the problem. 1 question...how do you check if it went through PS?

Also I dont think re-uploading would really be necessary unless one was caught being in violation.

looks like posting a new poll and entry thread may no longer be a 30 minute process :indiff:

194GVan
Thanks Swift, for having a solution to the problem. 1 question...how do you check if it went through PS?

Also I dont think re-uploading would really be necessary unless one was caught being in violation.

looks like posting a new poll and entry thread may no longer be a 30 minute process :indiff:

Save the picture and then open it in windows with the Picture and fax viewer(usally just double click unless you have images defaulted to another program). Right click on the picture, go to properties>Summary and Advanced. If it's done if photoshop it'll tell you right there.

As in this picture by overclocked412

194GVan > Do we not even allow to use photoshop to resize the photo?

franz
194GVan > Do we not even allow to use photoshop to resize the photo?

Ok, Ive sort of held my tongue on this stuff until Swift made his suggestion

See, the rules do not really clarify what is allowed and what is not, and the last thing i want to do is make things more complicated. When I put no photochopped images, I meant like adding crazy image effects, adding in other cars, and adjusting things that you could not adjust in GT4 photomode.

Now with JMURDER367's photo, im not sure how the size got much larger but i could not tell a difference between his first posted one and the one right off his memory stick. He may have used photoshop, but I couldnt tell. I was away over the weekend so I came back and see that the situation had been worked out.

Personally, I think there are plenty of adjustment options in GT4, you dont need to take your photo into photoshop to adjust the brightness, do it in the game. Learn how different your monitor looks than your TV screen and adjust accordingly.

I had no problem with adjusting image size, but we have to hold everyone to the same standard rules, no exceptions. If you resized your image, please replace it with the original directly from your memory stick.

:indiff: Im sorry that something as small as the image size (in KB) was what had to bring this on because if imageshack didnt show that then would we have even noticed it had been through photoshop? probably not.

EDIT: Rules on the first page have been slightly modified to reflect the competition requirements. Obviously its very late in this contest but I think many people dont edit their images on the PC so Im hoping we should be ok for this week.

I Let all my pics go thhru photoshop 7. ALL off them.
Just to resize the pics from there normal 1200 to 9something, to 800 to something
I Hate the look of i pic that is resized cause its too big and when its big you cant see all so............................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back