DR / SR ? How is this possible?

• Thread starter jrbabbitt
  • 5 comments

jrbabbitt

Premium
United States
Charleston, SC
TCR_JimyBee
I was in this race two days ago and I see this driver with a DR/SR mismatch, how is this possible to still have a C in DR and an E In SR?

20230323_023806.jpg
We are told if our SR drops significantly that our DR will drop also...yes?

I was in this race two days ago and I see this driver with a DR/SR mismatch, how is this possible to still have a C in DR and an E In SR?

View attachment 1241781
We are told if our SR drops significantly that our DR will drop also...yes?
Correct. Unfortunately it is a very confusing system all together. For me at least. No matter how many times I read an explanation of this it never quite sticks. I have had many races with people that are dr a/ sr b in mostly A/S lobbies. There’s information out there somewhere, that is if you want to jump down that rabbit hole 😜🍻

Well, this was already explained sometimes in this forum, your SR can't go down more than 2.5 "levels" to your DR, that is two letters and half the points between levels. So, that guy can be on E, but on the higher half the points between lower limit of E (zero on that matter) and the points needed to upgrade to D. Only if he goes on the lower half, is DR will be reseted.

Well, this was already explained sometimes in this forum, your SR can't go down more than 2.5 "levels" to your DR, that is two letters and half the points between levels. So, that guy can be on E, but on the higher half the points between lower limit of E (zero on that matter) and the points needed to upgrade to D. Only if he goes on the lower half, is DR will be reseted.
But what I had read, probably here somewhere, that when you start you have an E for SR, and after 5 online races you will upgrade to D and never will you see an E again (lowest you can go is D thereafter). So there is the problem, how does this driver have a DR of C (lots of wins / top 5 finishes) and still have an E rating in SR?

Last edited:
But what I had read, probably here somewhere, that when you start you have an E for SR, and after 5 online races you will upgrade to D and never will you see an E again (lowest you can go is D thereafter). So there is the problem, how does this driver have a DR of C (lots of wins / top 5 finishes) and still have an E rating in SR?
No, that's DR. You start at SR B and there's no barrier to dropping to SR E at all. DR E is only for new players in their first five races.

Last edited:
Lots of possibilities, usually about quitting races, rage quit, unstable connection force to exit some races, whatever. E could even be at a higher level and dropped to DR C, because his SR dropped to E.

Back