Drag Racing Mode Vol.2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Strittan
  • 8 comments
  • 1,409 views

Would you like drag racing in Gran Turismo 5?

  • Yes

    Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No

    Votes: 4 26.7%

  • Total voters
    15
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strittan

Premium
Messages
4,246
Sweden
Sweden
Messages
Strittan
dragracingmode.jpg




dragracingmode03.jpg


I made this thread because...
A; the other one's thread starter is banned,
B; the poll in the other thread has been closed for a good while and
C; I wanted to make an up to date first post with links to eventual drag racing mode hints and so on

Sorry, but I hope it's ok. GT5 is around the corner now,
but if drag racing won't make it this time,
this thread can be used for the next title.

dragracingmode03.jpg


Hint of Infineon drag strip to be usable? Check this out.



dragracingmode03.jpg


Hint of Bandimere Speedway to be included? Check this out.



dragracingmode03.jpg


Hints of drag racing in previous titles:

Drag car in GT2, glimpse of Infineon drag strip in GT3 and fictional drag strip in GT4.

dragracingmode03.jpg


Learn how the tree works with these reaction time simulators:

Sportsman or Pro.

dragracingmode03.jpg


If you want a Drag Racing Mode in GT5 , vote for it here!

dragracingmode03.jpg





dragracingmode02.jpg
 
Why not?, the more the better.

But i very much doubt it.
 
I voted yes because including it and implementing all things related properly will allow for a better game in many ways, even for those who dislike this kind of car competition.

Here are possible areas that drag race could help improving if this feature will be correctly implemented:
- Manual car start/launch instead of the automated countdown ("3.2.1...start!")
- Better automatic gearbox modeling/simulation/parts fitting (they're important in drag racing)
- Proper tire temperature/wear/grip modeling; drag/extra-soft tire simulation
- Engine wear for the most powerful classes (?)
- Track surface having areas of different grip (already implemented though)
- Better car-to-track collision system (from wheelie bars when needed)
- More accurate weight transfer simulation (from wheelies)
 
I'd love to see an official license for the NHRA.

A Top Fuel Dragster wouldn't hurt, either.
 
i dont think gt5 will need to add a drag racing mode coz there are tracks with long straightaways that people can use online to drag race on
 
Would I like it? No, not really. Would I be bothered if it was included? Of course not, the more modes they can thrown in, the better.
 
Would I like it? Hell yeah. Would I be bothered it if wasn't included? Yep :)
 
A; the other one's thread starter is banned,
Because you got yourself banned.

B; the poll in the other thread has been closed for a good while
Because you got yourself banned.

C; I wanted to make an up to date first post with links to eventual drag racing mode hints and so on
So, as this is a duplicate, we're going to have to lock a perfectly good thread with 804 replies all because you want to regain control of a thread you relinquished when you got yourself banned?

No. Not happening.

Feel free to post info in the proper thread, but you're not starting another one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back