DRAG RACING

Here's the article

First up, we’re adding two significant game modes to Forza 5: drag racing and multiplayer “Tag.” Drag racing in Forza Motorsport 5 is the ultimate test of car tuning, reflexes, and pure power, and you’ll be able to take your favorite drag-tuned rides to the Airfield track and test their mettle on quarter-mile, half-mile, and full-mile drag strips. Drag racing will be available in both Free Play and in Multiplayer game modes.

Multiplayer is where drag racing comes alive in Forza Motorsport 5. No need to argue which car is quickest – grab your friends and your meanest drag cars and settle the issue the way it was meant to be settled: on the strip. In addition to support for drag racing for up to 16 players in a single lobby via one-on-one heats, we’re also adding support for eight-player drag races, where all eight cars are on track at the same time on quarter-mile, half-mile, or full-mile strips. At the launch of the content update, we will have two drag racing hoppers available online: Ultimate Drag (for tuned cars of any class) and Ultimate Drag RWD (rear-wheel drive only, any class is eligible).

not really if you ever played forza they may have a drag track but the 800hp nova only will be running like 12's maybe 11's and all there other RWD cars
lol
If that's the case, they either have bad tuners or their physics engine sucks. 800HP Nova should be atleast mid 10s or lower, possibly 9s if they've got a nice setup.

If that's the case, they either have bad tuners or their physics engine sucks. 800HP Nova should be atleast mid 10s or lower, possibly 9s if they've got a nice setup.
Trust me, I've played Fm4. If it's rwd then it's near impossible to get it to hook up.

Lol if your running 9s with 800hp something is very wrong. However I can be wrong with my assumptions full weight etc etc..

Pardon me?

Thanks for proving my point. If that guy didn't have a stripped down race setup, he'd be in the high 9s - low 10s. The problem with GT physics is that their tire models won't wrinkle for traction, and therefore we'll never get realistic traction that someone can achieve at the strip. If we did, launching gears would be a lot shorter - more like AWDs.

I've heard rumors that they will be re-adding the speed test in the next update, it may not be true and I hope it isn't, but I do want some kind of multiplayer drag strip so we can compete in brackets & competitions and have some sort of legitimacy to it all.

E.T. is the most relevant term in Drag Racing,it is used to classify. I for one,as a old man,got the most use/satisfaction from GT5,sitting all alone tuning my cars,seeing results,being surprised by some weird combos,and above all having numbers to shoot for. I guess to drag online in an organized event would be good,but as it stands right now,w/out any established E.T.'s,who knows what match ups are out there. Im about over tuning with the tach to tell you the truth!

no its forza's physics they are waay worse

Lol if your running 9s with 800hp something is very wrong. However I can be wrong with my assumptions full weight etc etc..

ummm no 800hp in a full weight light muscle car for example a nova,camaro,dart,barracuda(not the 70's nd up cuda) will run between 9.7's-9.9's IF its set up right trust me i know i actually drag in real life

Last edited by a moderator:
ummm no 800hp in a full weight light muscle car for example a nova,camaro,dart,barracuda(not the 70's nd up cuda) will run between 9.7's-9.9's IF its set up right trust me i know i actually drag in real life
Buddy your not the only one who does. However etc etc meant other factors such as it may have nothing in it
can also have some rear end work and a tranny.....

Buddy your not the only one who does. However etc etc meant other factors such as it may have nothing in it
can also have some rear end work and a tranny.....

If you throw 900ish hp in any muscle car without doing any suspension or rear end work it wont be near 9 sec... I think that's what he is saying. First of all you have to get rid of leaf springs and get coilovers.

And it seems a lot of this community has previous background with drag racing, either FF, Muscle cars, Pro-Stock, or even NHRA types, or just follow drag racing and have a passion for cars in general.

If you throw 900ish hp in any muscle car without doing any suspension or rear end work it wont be near 9 sec... I think that's what he is saying. First of all you have to get rid of leaf springs and get coilovers.
Not quite right either. The cars at 0:30 in the clip below runs in the NHRA stock eliminator category, which means the level of modification and tuning is very strict. I.e. Stock engine displacement, stock weight, 3-speed automatic transmissions, and leaf springs. They also use slicks no wider than 9", yet as you can see, they run 9.7's.

Just saying...

Not quite right either. The cars at 0:30 in the clip below runs in the NHRA stock eliminator category, which means the level of modification and tuning is very strict. I.e. Stock engine displacement, stock weight, 3-speed automatic transmissions, and leaf springs. They also use slicks no wider than 9", yet as you can see, they run 9.7's.

Just saying...

those cars are making around 600-680hp and are lighten up as much as possible

Maybe I should have said halfs. It was a pump gas 393 that was running 10s at 132.

Even a 400hp car wouldn't run 10s. I have friends with built STI's at around 400-500 hp and they run 10's. I can promise that they are lighter and can actually get the power down. A 400hp stripped interior mustang would run like 10.9, 11 sec.

Even a 400hp car wouldn't run 10s. I have friends with built STI's at around 400-500 hp and they run 10's. I can promise that they are lighter and can actually get the power down. A 400hp stripped interior mustang would run like 10.9, 11 sec.
If he's referring to a fox body Mustang, those things run like 2600lbs stock. Depending on if the block is aluminum or cast, it might be slightly more or less, then slap on some wide slicks and it's fully possible to reach 10s. Early '00s WRX weight in around 2800-3k, so the Mustang would have weight advantage if it could hook up.

Back