Drag Racing

• Thread starter f_399
  • 18 comments
Anyone tried this yet?

I know it was big in GT5-GT6 where members just made their own room and figured out how to drag race.

Doesn't seem to be much here besides tuning fast stock cars.

To what extent can you tune? Gearing? Suspension?

Your right, and they took that away from us that absolutely loved that part of the game. If they don’t update this game with all those features again, this will be my last GT game I buy. I’ll switch to Forza.

Yea I was wondering the same thing. Drag racing was so much fun on GT5 and GT6. You can tune the cars the same way you could on those games but on this GT the engine upgrades have been simplified. Each car has a specific number of power levels you can upgrade. The GTR has like 980 hp max, the Porsche has 5 levels of upgrades and it ends up with 730 hp. So yea I would expect the drag racing to be somewhat of the same. Suspenion, transmission, and rear diff are fully customizable from the get go.

Yea man I feel your pain. I actually contacted the GT series media rep seven months ago in order to try and convince them that they need to at least consider a drag racing dlc. There were/are thousands of GT6 players (myself included) who did nothing but drift and drag. The response was essentially that they were going in a different direction. This is the reason why they had that huge GT racing tournament. All about pure sim racing now. So basically the old GT faithful users are being pushed out and away.

People today love to drift and drag race. I read an interview where Kaz suggested that people "don't care about tuning anymore", so he got rid of the tuning mods. WTH is this guy on??? Has he not seen the tuning threads for GT6 ??

Talk about and epic business fail. However I think he will come to his senses after we use a new track to drag on. They got rid of Daytona so we will need to find something else.

I'm actually thinking about buying an Xbox because this is just depressing. Lol

For those that used to drag race, is setting up the transmission the same?

There used to be a method on gt6.

RWD cars now are hard to tune to drag because they get sideways so easily.

The track I have been using is the tokyo expressway, you can tunnel drag.

Also, credits is to buy cars and mileage is to tune the car?

Yes milage gets you more power and credits buy you cars.

The big thing I noticed right away is that you can't flip the transmission like in previous games. The ratios are fixed on final gear instead of the top speed of the transmission itself, so flipping it has no effect. You can't stretch the gears - or atleast not that I've seen. It could just be that previous games never accurately updated the ratios and this one does. I haven't been on more than 4-5 hours so I'll try to do some testing in the next week.

I joined a drag room the other night, and i couldn't help but feel everyone in that room was sad.

The big thing I noticed right away is that you can't flip the transmission like in previous games. The ratios are fixed on final gear instead of the top speed of the transmission itself, so flipping it has no effect. You can't stretch the gears - or atleast not that I've seen. It could just be that previous games never accurately updated the ratios and this one does. I haven't been on more than 4-5 hours so I'll try to do some testing in the next week.

They "fixed" the tranny flip trick.

Fixed in the sense that it doesn' work with the same process as before. But don't fret, young padawan, as there are methods around this.

The new flip just requires more fiddling.

I have yet to figure It out but I have proof that it' still there if you know whay you're doing... look at these here...

PS_Messages_20171102_155148.jpg
PS_Messages_20171102_155224.jpg
PS_Messages_20171102_155204.jpg

Notice in the last picture how the top speeds in some higher gears are lower than some lower gears. Weird, huh?

Also, watch this video to see it in action, altghough in an unorthodox manner.

Feel free to subscribe to my new channel, with a focus on street racing in GT Sport. Mostly mountain pass stuff and highway madness.

Channel is new and that's the only video we have up. But much more content coming soon as it' related to our club. If interested, links in my signature.

I hate drag racing RWD cars, I use a ds4 and my throttle is like an on and off button. RWD cars get sideways so easily, did the patch fix that?

I hate drag racing RWD cars, I use a ds4 and my throttle is like an on and off button. RWD cars get sideways so easily, did the patch fix that?

You can't full throttle launch like in other GT games, try a taller gear or launching at a set RPM.

Nop did not it must be a bug rs tires are way to slippery mustang feels like it's on ice hahaha

I always wonder how would drag racing be if actually had a proper drag strip in GT.

they have Route X now I guess so it’s something, and it has the numbers which is useful. A 1/4 mile is 400m

Here are some of my videos:

Back