drag tune for supra RZ'97 anyone??

United States
United States
koldbloodedman86
I am a big gt6 fan and just looking for a good tune for the supra RZ'97 so if you have a good drag tune let me know.

I really don't want to sound like a an A****** here but have you even attempted to tune the car yourself? Nobody in there right mind would give out their fastest tune at the snap of their fingers, we work very hard to get all we can out of our cars, if we can learn how to tune then so can everyone else. If you have questions just ask we are glad to help if we know you will take the tuning process seriously and not just waste our time, nobody likes tune beggers. Pplease read the tuning guide which can be found in the link provided at the bottom of this post. If there is something that you don't understand even after reading the tuning guide feel free to ask questions and myself or someone here will help you but we will not just hand out our fastest tunes like candy. We need more people that know how to tune, be the exception and lead by example, you will earn a lot of respect this way.

Go to this link for the GT6 Tuning Guide, compliments of @Master__Shake_ who dedicated his time in making this for the new comers.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-4-mile-transmission-guide-for-dummies-illustrated.294981/

It's his first post here Shells, he probably doesn't know how the community works yet. @turbo_bricks , are you looking for a 1/4 mile tune, a full mile tune, a 3k tune, or a regular circuit racing tune that goes fast in a straight line? If you can be more specific we can try to point you in the right direction. In general though, it helps to add around 50k of ballast at the rear for improved grip all-around.

I know some people stumble in here thinking that drag tuners know how to maximize the overall potential of speed from a car; which is mostly true but, unless you specifically plan to drag race against others online, the general tuning lobby can help you more when tuning for circuit racing. We can give you tips to improve speed but our tuning methods won't help with cornering or handling.

I made a thread about building a base tune called 'levitt1991 making a base tune' follow that guide and it will give you a good idea on how to tune a reasonably fast car, once you feel comfortable with tuning, then you can get more advanced into it but asking for tunes won't make you fast. Tune is only good if you have a tree to match it.

really my first post and iam under fire just because iam asking for a good or any tune like come on. Yes i have tryed a tune its ok but i want something a lil better and thankyou for the advice levitt1991 and master shake and vanatic

really my first post and iam under fire just because iam asking for a good or any tune like come on. Yes i have tryed a tune its ok but i want something a lil better and thankyou for the advice levitt1991 and master shake and vanatic

Happens to everyone here bud, don't take it personally.
Most people don't like giving away their hard work to randoms, for free.
The end result is normally said tune being abused.

At any rate, are you looking for a stage 2 or stage 3 turbo tune?
And are you looking to run your ricer fat or skinny?

Is setting dampers to 1 and highest/lowest spring rates really the best way to do it, or is that just a "noob" way to tune?

Having said that, I assume the transmission is much more important than the suspension.

What's with the 60 60 5 diffs too...

Dampers for 95% of cars will not make any noticeable difference full stop.

Yes the transmission is probably the single most important aspect of drag racing in GT.

Spring rates for RWD should be min/maximum.

As for the diffs, stuffed if I know why people run those settings.
I don't even buy the LSD, complete waste of money.
You'll notice both wheels still hook up fine without them.

Last edited:
Dampers for 95% of cars will not make any noticeable difference full stop.

Yes the transmission is probably the single most important aspect of drag racing in GT.

Spring rates for RWD should be min/maximum.

As for the diffs, stuffed if I know why people run those settings.
I don't even buy the LSD, complete waste of money.
You'll notice both wheels still hook up fine without them.
I buy the LSD for all my drag cars, because usually they're also used for circuit racing when I'm bored with dragging XD.

You're one of the lucky ones.

Most my drag cars have 2-3 tunes on them at all times, so that's not an option for me.
Means I have to buy multiples, but it's not too costly as I don't really run circuit cars at full potential.
It's amazing what a old Z28 will do with 500hp, stage 2 weight reduction and sports soft tyres.

You're one of the lucky ones.

Most my drag cars have 2-3 tunes on them at all times, so that's not an option for me.
Means I have to buy multiples, but it's not too costly as I don't really run circuit cars at full potential.
It's amazing what a old Z28 will do with 500hp, stage 2 weight reduction and sports soft tyres.

Back