DragonBall Z the movie (not animated)

  • Thread starter Thread starter tfujiwara
  • 57 comments
  • 7,343 views
Messages
1,083
Messages
PeachSergeantz
Messages
Same as PSN but I dont use it.
I saw the coolest commercial of the movie DragonBall Z in google. I cant wait to see it. The director is Miachel Bay
 
First of all, no. Second of all, drawing attention to its existence will only make the creators of it think that there was potential for a good idea in creating it. If we completely ignore it start to finish (and Speed Racer as well), then it will go away. Words cannot describe how terrible it will be, as I'm sure it will lend to combining the worst parts of Spiderman 3 with the worst parts of X-Men 3 (I can guarantee there will be an unintentionally self-ironic "Over 9000" throwaway bit thrown in among hilariously unintentional bad acting), creating a movie that will make Snakes on a Plane seem like Crash in integrity.
 
Dear lord, there is so much negativity on this forum. Ignore the naysayers and at least give the movie a chance. I for one am very excited to see this movie, no matter how bad it might be.
 
Ignore the naysayers and at least give the movie a chance.
What are the possible odds that the movie may not suck? Million to 1?
At the very least, supporting the idea behind it encourages Hollywood to ruin more things.
 
How can Michael Bay ruin an animation series that focuses on "10000000%" power levels and planet-busting explosions? It might probably be the first time a script was ever perfectly matched to a director.

Stupidly simple story? Yes.
Lots of action? Yes.
Lots and lots and lots and lots of explosions? Yes.

I'm for this, one million percent. :lol:
 
Apparently not many of us follow AICN.

Whos playing Goku? Justin Chatwin...

And Piccolo? James Marsters...

Weird. There was a video from the movie that surfaced last week, but it was taken of the internet pretty quick. I seem to recall it being described as "cheap, but not as cheap as I thought" or something along those lines...

=======

Then wonders how long it will be until they make a good anime into a live action movie. You know, the Death Notes, Gundams (Wing), Cowboy Bebops, etc...
 
Great....... :lol: 👍
Don't know if the "americanized" version of Dragonball Z will ever be as good as the original series, but like CDailey, just wait and see. I still am very excited over that new Speed Racer movie....... :D

Then wonders how long it will be until they make a good anime into a live action movie. You know, the Death Notes, Gundams (Wing), Cowboy Bebops, etc...
Don't remind me of Initial D: The Movie....... :(
.It was awesome really, but the actors and the script are less to be than desired..... but at least it wasn't Americanized.... hehehehe.
 
Since I'm knew here I dont know how to put one of those things on the bottom of the reply that take you to a different website. If i did I'l put one so you all can see the trailer.PlEASE tell me if you know waht i'm talking about. Man i'm shaking like hell because the commercial is so cool.(seriously)
 
Then wonders how long it will be until they make a good anime into a live action movie. You know, the Death Notes, Gundams (Wing), Cowboy Bebops, etc...

Death Note is already a movie. (just not an american one ;) )

"I am Michael Bay and I like things awesome."
 
I still am very excited over that new Speed Racer movie.......
If I wanted silly speeds and bad directing, I would just play F-Zero while PIP-ing The Matrix Reloaded. Probably have the same effect.

By the way, Micheal Bay isn't directing this. I don't know where that even came from. James Wong, director of The One and two of the Final Destination movies (the good one and the worst one) is handling directing.

YSSMAN
Then wonders how long it will be until they make a good anime into a live action movie. You know, the Death Notes, Gundams (Wing), Cowboy Bebops, etc...
Knockin' on Heavens' Door was a far better movie than any live adaptation would be.
 
Why do they keep making movies from Cartoon Network shows? Next will it be Dextor's Laboratory: live action movie.
 
Why do they keep making movies from Cartoon Network shows? Next will it be Dextor's Laboratory: live action movie.
DBZ isn't an original CN show.

It's funny how many folks forget DragonBall Z is a sequel series to the 1980's show, DragonBall, and that DBZ only ran from 1989 to 1996.
 
Dexter was already on the big screen. It's the first ten minutes or so of the PowerPuff Girls movie... oops... did I just admit to watching that? :lol:
 
If they were dead-set on making Cartoon Network movies, I'd generally DEMAND that they produce a Samurai Jack movie, pronto.
 
Dexter was already on the big screen. It's the first ten minutes or so of the PowerPuff Girls movie... oops... did I just admit to watching that? :lol:
:lol: Your not alone..... ;)
If they were dead-set on making Cartoon Network movies, I'd generally DEMAND that they produce a Samurai Jack movie, pronto.

Yeah, that would be a great idea!!!!! 👍
 
This video is fake, right?

 
:lol:

That was so obviously fake, you could tell which part of the clip came from!!!! So wait, is this the movie tfujiwara is talking about?
lame.
 
Hey!!, thats is the video I'm talking about.
OOOUHH!!..... I dint see it before..... Sorry......I was watching random things last week, I dint focus on the fake parts, now i see whats fake...... Though it would be cool if they do make the movie.

I should have seen it one more time before putting this thread.:dunce:

But why would some body use Miachel Bay's name as a fake commercial?:confused:
 
Then wonders how long it will be until they make a good anime into a live action movie. You know, the Death Notes, Gundams (Wing), Cowboy Bebops, etc...

I don't think it's a good idea to even mention the possibility (as it will probably ruin the namesake). :ouch:
Cowboy Bebop would easily translate into an excellent movie. 👍
I'd say that's really possible (a bebop movie), I just hope they never do it and ruin Bebop's name. :(
 
But why would some body use Miachel Bay's name as a fake commercial?:confused:
To make fools like you believe it? :sly: Seriously, I don't know what people can come with. Either the guy is bored or a big fan of DBZ. :lol:
I don't think it's a good idea to even mention the possibility (as it will probably ruin the namesake). :ouch:
Cowboy Bebop would easily translate into an excellent movie. 👍
I'd say that's really possible (a bebop movie), I just hope they never do it and ruin Bebop's name. :(

No, please make a one off movie of bebop (the anime, not the real life one!)
Its been 8 years since the last series was made, and people probably want more bebop!!!! But yeah, like thats ever gonna happen....... :guilty:
 
To make fools like you believe it? :sly: Seriously, I don't know what people can come with. Either the guy is bored or a big fan of DBZ. :lol:


No, please make a one off movie of bebop (the anime, not the real life one!)
Its been 8 years since the last series was made, and people probably want more bebop!!!! But yeah, like thats ever gonna happen....... :guilty:

Just so you know... (it seems you don't)
But... CB was a one series only sort of thing. There will never be a follow up. However, on the good news side of things, there is a movie. 👍
"Knocking on heaven's doors" is the name if I'm not mistaken.
It was originally scheduled to be released in Sept. 2001 but since the story is about terrorism (chemical attacks) and Sept. 11th had just occurred the makers decided to delay the release.
None the less, the movie has been released so feel free to take a look around the internet and movie stores to find what you're looking for.

In any case, I still wouldn't really care to see a bebop live action movie.

As for DBZ... Oh please god don't let there be a DBZ movie.

Personally, I'm thinking there isn't going to be one and the creator of this thread was going for the speculation/ hype approach as there is nothing to support the claim. :indiff:
 
Personally, I'm thinking there isn't going to be one and the creator of this thread was going for the speculation/ hype approach as there is nothing to support the claim. :indiff:
Actually, judging by the video that was posted he fell for a fan created trailer that was just clips cut together from Deep Impact, Transformers, and Spiderman 3.
 
Which reminds me, Spielberg is doing Ghost in the Shell too...

Variety
DreamWorks has acquired rights to the Japanese manga "Ghost in the Shell" with plans to adapt the futuristic police thriller as a 3-D live-action feature.

Story follows the exploits of a member of a covert ops unit of the Japanese National Public Safety Commission that specializes in fighting technology-related crime.

Created by Masamune Shirow, "Ghost in the Shell" was first published in 1989. It went on to generate two additional manga editions, three anime film adaptations, an anime TV series and three videogames. The second anime film, "Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence," was released in the U.S. by DreamWorks in 2004.

Avi Arad, Ari Arad and Steven Paul of Seaside Entertainment are attached to produce and brought the project to the studio. Jamie Moss has been tapped to pen the adaptation.

Universal and Sony were also chasing "Ghost in the Shell," but Steven Spielberg took personal interest in the property and made it happen at DreamWorks.

" 'Ghost in the Shell' is one of my favorite stories," Spielberg said. "It's a genre that has arrived, and we enthusiastically welcome it to DreamWorks."

DreamWorks prexy of production Adam Goodman said "Ghost in the Shell" is a property "that epitomizes 3-D live-action motion picture possibilities."

Avi Arad is at the forefront of comicbook-based material, having produced the three "Spider-Man" films, the three "X-Men" movies, the two "Fantastic Four" picss and the upcoming "Iron Man" and "The Incredible Hulk."

Moss' writing credits include "Street Kings," which bowed Friday, and "Last Man Home," in development at Universal.

Should be bad-ass... I hope?
 
There already was a live action movie of Ghost in the Shell. So anything Spielberg puts out will be called a Matrix ripoff.
 
To make fools like you believe it? :sly: Seriously, I don't know what people can come with. Either the guy is bored or a big fan of DBZ. :lol:



your right:tup:... I'm alittle idiot:dunce:, i get some bad grades in school..... just dont make fun of me again:mad:.... or I should Kill you!!!

and be easy on me cause i am knew
 
As for DBZ... Oh please god don't let there be a DBZ movie.

Personally, I'm thinking there isn't going to be one and the creator of this thread was going for the speculation/ hype approach as there is nothing to support the claim.



Um...dude, they really are filming the movie. And it's James Wong directing, not Michael Bay. According to IMDB and dragonballz.com, the movie is in post-production right now.

http://www.dragonballz.com/index.cfm?page=liveaction&CFID=2564052&CFTOKEN=46235920

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1098327/
 
Just so you know... (it seems you don't)
But... CB was a one series only sort of thing. There will never be a follow up. However, on the good news side of things, there is a movie. 👍
"Knocking on heaven's doors" is the name if I'm not mistaken.
It was originally scheduled to be released in Sept. 2001 but since the story is about terrorism (chemical attacks) and Sept. 11th had just occurred the makers decided to delay the release.
None the less, the movie has been released so feel free to take a look around the internet and movie stores to find what you're looking for.
So its an OVA? :dunce: Well is the movie totally different from the series or is it just a movie with all the episodes combined? Yeah, gotta look for the torrent.... :p But yeah, why all the good animes are only OVA's? :( (CB, Galaxy Angels, FLCL, etc.)
your right:tup:... I'm alittle idiot:dunce:, i get some bad grades in school..... just dont make fun of me again:mad:.... or I should Kill you!!!

and be easy on me cause i am knew
Chill down man. Don't take my comment seriously, I was only joking around.....

CDailey: WTF? Is it really true? :eek: Well I don't really know how good James Wong directed his movies (as I never see his movies before....) so I really doubt the quality of the movie.... But the sad thing is, I found a Wikipedia article on it :guilty:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragonball_%28film%29
But its produced by Stephen Chow!!!!! :D 👍
 
Spielberg... Ghost in the Shell? You know, the concept might actually work... there's actually a bit of intelligence in the writing compared to some other (unmentionable) manga.

I'd like to see an Akira re-release, though... and a live-action version... maybe? Please? With the motorbikes? Drooooooooooooooool..... :lol:
 
Back