Dream Alliance Sidestories - Takanori's Unicorn

Notes taken. That yellow FD's gear ratios are surprisingly not specifically tuned for Tsukuba, while i adjusted the car's suspension there. I'm no Tsukuba pro, so my lap's not as good as Takuma's. Great page though..

And what's next in the sidestories?

Entry 10 - New Life

Time: 10 am, Friday

9580702842_ce88ec31a3_c.jpg

Shiro: "I've saved up my earnings from my winnings in the past races, but I just settled for the simple, yet fun, Toyota 86. To think there's even a special edition named after me... but I don't own one of those."

9580702690_005cd2f15b_c.jpg

Shiro: "Man... even after these years, you are still gutless in these corners. What kind of racers are you?"

9580702580_b57163f5d2_c.jpg

Shiro: "I'm grateful that I'm brought back to life. I didn't expect that to happen. But there's a rather painful condition - I must not live under the roof with my original family and tell my original identity. I thought to myself, however, that as long as my family is happy, then it should be no problem.

Though of course I made it to another person's body. The person died through a disease on the streets... and then when I woke up, someone found me. The person took me to the hospital and I made a recovery. She took me in, fed, and clothed me. I am currently living with her, and she treats me like her son; she also let me have that cashier job in that convenience store.

But it's located just across where Big Nobu, and the Kanonji twins work. Seeing them pass by the store reignited the flames of racing. And so, here I am, giving this career a shot again. If I were to race against them, then so be it. I just want to remember the old times, as the Dream Alliance is a one big family for me. Even if I am just at their side, watching, that'll be okay. But of course I cannot stray away from my duty. I have to act as a totally different person, but I find it so hard to do."

9580702432_84864d381f_c.jpg

9580702218_19dfd83a02_c.jpg

9580701984_bdfc51b8fa_c.jpg

Shiro: "A little tap is all you need, Mr. R32. I am still Suzuka's fastest. When can I race against Takanori-san's R32 again?"

9580701760_3336254309_c.jpg

9577915517_9afc114a6c_c.jpg

Shiro: "Someday, we'll be laughing together again."

Time: 11 am, the next day

Shiro just walks along, until he sees a white F40 entering the premises. Recognizing its plate number, he enters the sports center as well.

9577915031_360a01d6df_c.jpg

Shiro: "My F40? It's Big Nobu coming out. Gotta keep outta sight."

When Nobuyuki enters the court, Shiro looks at what was once his supercar toy.

9577914705_16a03188c8_c.jpg

Shiro: "I miss you, F40... And it's from Liberty Walk? It's originally Oyaji's car, but I'm sure he allowed it to be tinkered."

Then he enters the court as well, he sees Samui doing a tennis wall practice. Nobuyuki is just at the bleachers, watching. Then he sees Takuma at the other room, kicking the bag multiple times in a standstill while Takanori just donned his Karate outfit.

Shiro: "Seems that the whole Dream Alliance is on a break. They're having fun. That's good to me..."

However, Samui passes out from exhaustion.

Nobuyuki: "Samui-kun!"

Samui: "I did.. just 300 today."

Nobuyuki: "Hey, don't stress yourself out, okay? I'm sure you can beat Little Nobu's 500 volley record someday!

Shiro: "Keep it up, Samui-kun. You are getting close. I know you can beat me someday... both in tennis and racing."

New Life - End

IMG_03401.jpg

Yeah, you get it. :lol:

Entry 11 - A Storm's Coming

Time: 6 pm

9582798228_ce27cdf3bb_c.jpg

9580012527_923b82c5a6_c.jpg

9580012443_628b6780b4_c.jpg

???: "Rotary Meister, or The Matador... whatever everyone calls you... I shall show you the capabilities of a street racer."

9580012211_77195a238f_c.jpg

???: "I, Jintei, am still the fastest street racer of Japan! I am back..."

I just arrived from the grocery store since my wife needed to stock up for the house. And the Gallardo proved its worth in the practicality test as well. We planned for the dinner to take place in Okaasan's house. Well, we do it twice a week, but there are times that it gets more frequent in a week. I just can't stand my mother eating dinner alone. Hence, we always invite her to dinner in my house for the rest of the week. Then on Sundays, Takanori's family is present for dinner as well.

9582797120_e305d4ced0_c.jpg

As I am busy cooking for dinner, and my wife and little Ben playing with little Shin, I suddenly get some SMS messages from my street racing friends regarding on the return of someone named Jintei and The Slashers. Who the heck is Jintei??? And who are those so-called Slashers?

I do race sometimes in the streets too, but I haven't heard of someone named Jintei before. Nor those Slashers...

So I called up Takanori, since he's more knowledgeable in stuff like that, since he's a regular in racing blogs.

Takanori: "Hello? Oh, Aniki! What's up?"

Takuma: "I have been bombarded with text messages from some of my friends regarding the return of someone named Jintei, and The Slashers as well. Just who the hell are they? As if I'm a regular in the touge or in Route 5 and 7 highways."

Takanori: "I see... so they are back. The Slashers is not a group, really. Slashers is a collective term for those high level street racers who also had FIA racing licenses. Jintei is one of them."

9582796550_9953408a55_c.jpg

Takanori: "Jintei used to race in the highways and was undefeated. When someone finally defeated him, he just disappeared. Only a few know his name, his name is Motoya Iwasaki."

9582796168_f3687d0c21_c.jpg

Takanori: "Though I have been reading some rumors that he is tackling the mountain passes as well. Be very careful, Aniki... lots of stories popped out about his racing prowess. He was once a Super GT race car driver! So you would imagine how skilled he really is. Plus, his blue R34 GT-R packs a lot of punch."

Takuma: "You always say lots of worshipping stuff on the GT-R. I'm aware of that, but with them coming along, I guess a storm's brewing..."

Takanori: "Indeed. It's very likely, that you are going to be his target. After all, you are also undefeated in the Touge."

Takuma: "Probably something worthwhile during this long break we have. I am still waiting for Team Lotus' call, anyway."

Time: 12 am

9582795722_3a62893b4f_c.jpg

Motoya: "I'm not just the one making the return... the rest of the Slashers will. I guess there's a huge storm coming.

Come at me, Takuma Kanonji! I am locked and loaded!"

A Storm's Coming - End

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The term "Slasher" is the high level final rival in each mountain pass in Kaido Battle series. Although I shall use it for the racers in highways as well. There is one, which you'd never expect.

- So here's the confirmed rivals:

Midnight Rose (Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo MR)
Mr. Mitsu (Mitsubishi FTO Super Touring Car)
West Corvette No. 5 (Chevrolet Corvette C4 ZR1)
Melancholy Angel (Nissan S15 Silvia Spec R)

And a secret one...

Each will have an entry dedicated for them (though not consecutive entries). And these will not be faced by Takuma though, as I pity him for having pending races from Takuma Sato, Motoya Iwasaki, and Rob Hatch.

Clever usage of my user title... :P

Also, TheCardboardBox tuning thread has a Lotus Esprit Wangan tune called Midnight Rose which I ran under the name 'Black Thorn', though I suspect the GTO MR will be different. Just a heads up there.

I might cancel some other ideas I mentioned before. Maybe after this whole "Slashers" thing, and duel with Rob, then it's time for a new story. It would be Takuma's adventure in F1 racing, and of course, the duel between him and Takuma Sato will commence once again.

I might cancel some other ideas I mentioned before. Maybe after this whole "Slashers" thing, and duel with Rob, then it's time for a new story. It would be Takuma's adventure in F1 racing, and of course, the duel between him and Takuma Sato will commence once again.

Looking forward to it.

Counterparts (Part 1)

Time: 2 pm

9584680045_19dfdd1d5f_c.jpg

Rob: "So this is where the locals race, eh? Kinda dangerous, if you ask me."

9584679781_811584df1a_c.jpg

Rob: "Let's face it though, all the most beautiful mountain roads in the world are located in Europe."

9587470674_389e6e92aa_c.jpg

Rob: "Still... I haven't forgotten my challenge to you, Takuma. Let's race! You know, what buddies and bros use to do. Gotta outdo each other sometimes."

I got off from work a bit earlier than usual. I am just bothered with the arrival of Slashers. I'm not surprised if they want me. If it's a race they want, then they shall have it.

And so, I headed to this mountain pass that serves as a shortcut to Gunma. I never seen it before. Surprisingly, I don't see any of traffic cars this sundown. Well, gotta stretch this FD's legs!

9587470284_d247b3631d_c.jpg

Gotta admit, I am losing my touch on the touge. I am once again hesitating...

9584678927_d2f49e4afe_c.jpg

9587469582_eb698bdcf4_c.jpg

But this car inspires confidence to tackle the corners. As expected from my beloved FD.

9584678001_a7c3cc5a97_c.jpg

Gotta be careful, there might be traffic oncoming. This is what separates street racing from professional circuit racing. Public roads are as unpredictable as weather. You'll never know what's coming, but you can't just hesitate too much that you are chickening out all over the race. You need to have extra practice, and dedication. With those, you can probably overcome these obstacles.

On to the next corner... shoot! I'm actually too fast! I'm spinning out!

9587469028_5e62fa6964_c.jpg

Oh I've done it again. Just how many times I've spun out in my life? I can count them, you know? But still, it's not good. It's a sign that I am losing my touch in the mountains.

9587468846_845045e221_c.jpg

And I must punish myself, just like Otousan did. I am not going to eat dinner! I shall do this again! Though how much is a set of tires now? Hmmmm....

Time: 9 pm

9584677267_a64e2e8dd1_c.jpg

I arrived home, having skipped dinner in favor of practicing in the mountain pass. Oh dear, my wife is going to kill me...

...and not just that, I spent almost 200,000 Yen on a set of circuit-spec tires I usually fit for this car. Great... another reason why my wife will kill me. Hehehehehehe....

Suddenly, as I head out from the car, I saw Rob heading to the Mochi shop. It's still open, anyway, with just the employees running it as Okaasan is resting for the night.

Rob: "Oh, you live just across this shop."

Takuma: "Yeah, and just beside that shop is my mother's home. Kinda awkward to settle down just across the street. But that's how I love my mother."

Rob: "Heh... I'm not here for a lecture on motherly love. Still, want to have a puff?"

And I accepted his offer, I got a stick and Rob lit it up. Smokin' time...

Rob: "Nice RX-7. I reckon you spent a fortune on that."

Takuma: "Yeah. It was actually sourced from this country when I was racing in a tuner event in the U.S.A. Then the tuning parts are from a very popular rotary car tuner."

Rob: "I must take this opportunity to say this to you."

Takuma: "Which is?"

Rob: "I have been itching to race you. I have always asked myself how I stack up against one of the fastest racers in the world."

Takuma: "Heh... I never knew that this day would come. I wonder too, how I stack up against my British counterpart?"

Rob: "Bring it on, my Japanese clone."

Takuma: "I'm ready."

Okay then. I accept your challenge. Best friends sometimes try to outdo each other, right? This is one hell of a match...

Part 1 - END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- This will be separated in 3 parts. These consecutive Sidestory entries will be the last entries for the Sidestory arc. Then Nobuyuki's duel with Akira Iida, and The Slashers will be the last.

- Shiro will also play a main role in the upcoming "The Formula to Success" fanfic.

Counterparts (Part 2)

2 days later, it's a normal day for work. Takanori and Nobuyuki just return to their respective cubicles as lunch break is over. However, they could not find Takuma in his cubicle.

Takanori: "Eh??? Where's Aniki?"

Nobuyuki: "Oh yeah... he did leave the cafeteria earlier than us. Oh look, there's a note."

I'm taking the rest of the day out. I need to do something...

Takanori: "Dot dot dot... I don't know."

Then an office clerk hands them an envelope.

Nobuyuki: "What's this? From Lotus?"

Takanori: "Well, I can't pry that thing open, but I'm sure it has something to do with their offer to Aniki a spot in F1 leagues. I'm jealous of him, to think he has reached that point. A lot would love going to F1."

Nobuyuki: "Yeah, but car racing is still more interesting than F1 for me. They have various interesting fields of competition when it comes to car racing compared to F1. But Takuma-san sure is blessed with that kind of offer."

Takanori: "His skills attracted so much attention, eh? He's plain unstoppable, and so does the opportunities coming in."

Time: 3 pm

So the stage of battle is set. Rob and I meet in this mountain pass again. And that Evo 6 looks sick. Evos are... well, tough to overcome. In my mountain pass racing experiences though, Evo drivers tend to be too complacent and make mistakes in the end. I'm not sure if the same applies to Rob.

9588973957_ebbd513c13_c.jpg

We rev our engines... any moment from now, we can set off.

Woah! He's off! Damn... he takes advantage of the supreme traction supplied by the 4WD system!

9591768064_e312812353_c.jpg

Rob: "Flailing from the start, eh? I don't get that in 4WD."

And the acceleration is just mind-blowing. I'm sure it has over 500 horsepower ready to rumble.

9591767748_5a0012ede4_c.jpg

Okay, time to hit the brakes. His Evo shows no sign of stability loss.

9588972581_633639bc94_c.jpg

What the!? Such rapid cornering exit speeds! And entry speeds are not bad, either...

9588972149_742debc0fb_c.jpg

Rob: "I used to race in the mountains back home. So this a walk in the park for me."

He attacks the corners like he has no fear. Damn... I really met someone who is similar to me in every possible way. That, plus the 4WD's traction is a deadly combo!

In World Time Attack events, Evos are to fear because of those qualities. I think this might be the toughest Evo I've ever faced.

9591766426_85b144dd22_c.jpg

Rob: "Supercars have gone too modern and too dull now. Something as analog as this Evo is more fun, more engaging, and hence makes you more determined to push it further."

9588971451_87c2edefc9_c.jpg

Rob: "I've dumped the AYC in favor of the traditional center differential system similarly used in rally cars. It makes this Evo turn better, and the system is more durable in prolonged use."

9591765666_41c8159c1e_c.jpg

You make me push hard, Rob. You really are talented. But I can't just pull out my fangs yet. Or else it could be my downfall.

9591765270_70bc9ca953_c.jpg

I gotta hold out. I'll attack soon, Rob.

9591765014_f196290b99_c.jpg

9591764654_a5b9928412_c.jpg

We can still play for a bit, buddy. I'll pretty much find out your Evo's weakness later on. And you are entering in an unknown territory...

Why? Because this is The Touge Monster chasing its prey!

Counterparts (Part 2) - END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Touge Monster - The title bestowed on the RE Amemiya FD3S in the Touge Max Showdown of Best Motoring's Hot Version. Ever since it competed, it took that title away from the previous car and still holds it today.

- I might put the Sidestory on hold and concentrate on opening The Formula to Success. What I can do is that I'll put an entry here at least weekly as a break from that fanfic. Or this might be the end (with Team Lotus F1 offering Takuma F1 races already). I don't know...

Last edited:
Hey. Your story, your schedule. I'm planning on blasting through my Chapter 3 and take a break after, then finishing my story before GT6 comes out.

And feel free to do crossovers, as long as plot isn't conflicting.

Counterparts (Final Part)

That souped-up Evo is the toughest I've ever encountered in the mountain pass. Just look at how it takes the turns.

9599020768_51368d0211_c.jpg

9596227923_c576256572_c.jpg

Rob: "Something wrong, mate? Having some trouble back there..."

9599020234_c8d94e3a73_c.jpg

This will be the perfect time for the Touge Monster to show its fangs! Get ready!

I pushed the throttle even harder. The tables shall turn!

9596227467_f585e5e619_c.jpg

Suddenly, his Evo starts to lose its line...

9596227245_b0eb58ee05_c.jpg

Dammit! Both of us are losing grip! I knew it... Well we really are the same, even in our weaknesses. WE BOTH LOVE TO GO ALL OUT!!! Both of us are war freaks.

9599019572_c8c4aa9c0c_c.jpg

Rob: "Oh god... she's starting to lose grip. I pushed this too far."

9599019414_c395aa62af_c.jpg

In a front-engined car, the front wheels take the burden due to the engine above them, and with the front wheels also running in the 4WD system, they will lose grip first, hence the understeer!

Both of us has the tendency to lose grip of our tires easily. Now it's my turn, using all the remaining grip I have!

9596226605_e303e5f222_c.jpg

Rob: "Where is he???"

We crossed lines, and the Evo's tires finally give up! Even if that has the most advanced 4WD systems, the cruel fact is that 4WDs tend to lose tire grip more than a 2WD car...

9596226349_a4cb1f4d76_c.jpg

9596226055_c059290115_c.jpg

Rob: "Crikey! You are just mental..."

9596225941_be177156ed_c.jpg

9599018308_0483db6537_c.jpg

Game, set, and match goes to me, Rob. Nice run... We should do this some other time.

We both pulled over and I offered him a stick of cigarette. Light 'em up...

Rob: "You had me. Never knew that you would be a tough one in the mountains as well."

Takuma: "I used to race in the mountains too, but I admit that I am losing my touch."

Rob: "This never happened to my Evo before. I usually outrun my opponents in an instant. But you, on the other hand, just pushed me too far. And that's my folly."

Takuma: "That's my mistake too. Since I aim to be the fastest, I tend to go all out in an instant, that I don't mind the tires. But as time passed, I have learned that pulling punches isn't a bad thing, let them out at the right opportunity when your opponent finally showed its weakness."

Rob: "I've learned a lot from you as well, especially by the time you accepted me in your team. I also found a great friend, and that's you."

Takuma: "Don't make me cry again, Rob; but I find that very touching. You are also a great friend, and a smoking buddy."

Rob: "This is such a nice run. Let's do it again some time."

Takuma: "Absolutely."

Oh it's another nice day. So this is the feeling of having a best friend, huh? Way similar as to having Takanori on your side...

Time: 3 pm

9596225493_5403c63e0b_c.jpg

Shiro: "So The Slashers have returned, huh? I can feel the wind blowing rather violently.

I've sold off my AE86 and the money I got from it contributed to the funds of buying this used Supra. This car needs work...

...A LOT OF IT."

9599017910_290900520c_c.jpg

While being stopped by the red light, Shiro opens the radio, and it just happens that Kasumi is being interviewed, as she is now one of the renowned fashion designers in the country.

Shiro: "Kasumi... how are you and your child doing? I'm actually glad of what you achieved. We might meet again someday..."

Counterparts - END

Mr. Mitsu (Part 1)

Time: 11 am

9600152176_da9ccb2d68_c.jpg

???: "This is perfect for annihilating Super GT machines."

9600151766_33a48990a4_c.jpg

???: "Why choose a rear-wheel drive car? I don't get why a real racer will drive one. As if they are gods to control it! This FTO is equipped with the 4WD system similarly found in rally cars, and is also equipped with Misfiring Anti-Lag System! With these, this is a REAL car! A car has 4 wheels, right? Why not use all of them in your advantage?"

9600151438_1a9370ea17_c.jpg

???: "But before I enter the fray, I shall retake my title as THE KING OF ROUTE 5. I, Mitsukoshi Tanaka, shall return to Route 5! Once I'm done with that, then I shall take on Jintei... hah. GT-Rs are nothing more than bombast! Once everything is settled, then I shall move on to Super GT to become the next GT500 champion!"

Time: 11 pm

9600151198_fa9b078bc9_c.jpg

Shiro: "I'm glad all the week's worth of hard work pays off."

9597358577_59d2eecac0_c.jpg

Shiro: "I'm surprised that Top Secret provided me with every part I need. The whole Super GT500 kit, the 3S-GTE twin turbocharged version, and the fully-adjustable suspension and racing brakes are all sourced from them. While they supplied the parts, I was the sole person who put them all together."

9600150792_11360ce22a_c.jpg

Shiro: "This now makes 500 horsepower. And while I dumped the 2JZ-GTE in favor of the custom 3S-GTE Twin Turbo, it provided significantly better weight distribution and even fuel economy. This takes me back to the toy I used to play with..."

9597358127_7b14cec764_c.jpg

Shiro: "This should be more than enough to take on The Slashers. Though it's okay if not all will show up..."

9597357747_798f793a61_c.jpg

Shiro: "This should be fun... at least something very worthwhile to do during this break, and as well as preparing myself for the upcoming Super GT!"

Time: 1 pm, the next day

Takanori: "Burp! Oh man, that restaurant is like a heaven!"

Takuma: "Well, go back there. Why not do it now? Remember, I want a comfortable pillow to sleep on during breaks."

Takanori: "Hey!"

Nobuyuki: "You get to bully Takanori simply because you will review a Ferrari next week. Well, good luck..."

Takuma: "I'd be willing to pay millions to everyone that can replace me in doing that review. To think the director didn't even tell us what Ferrari it is."

Nobuyuki: "Oh... that letter the other week, have you read it?"

Takuma: "Yeah. I am still contemplating on it, though."

Takanori: "Why?"

Takuma: "I just can't leave Dream Alliance for this. I have sworn my life to stay in our team."

Takanori: "But you taught us to grab each opportunity while we still can. You know, this would help you a lot. Being in F1 could be a great experience for you! Besides... we're all here to support you. We will never leave your side!"

Nobuyuki: "Yeah!"

Takuma: "Thanks, guys. I appreciate that."

Takanori then returns to his cubicle and checks the racing blog briefly. Then he is taken by shock upon reading the latest thread.

Takanori: "Aniki! Nobuyuki-san! Check this out!"

The two go to his cubicle and read the thread.

Takanori: "Someone saw the Castrol-themed, No. 36 wide bodied Supra last night in Route 5! Well, did your father had a run last night?"

Nobuyuki: "Huh??? He sleeps early. And besides, the Supra is just stashed at our second home in Mie Prefecture. Little Nobu's soul is at peace, and he's not gonna be driving that anymore."

Takanori: "I just hope it's not those driver-less Supra stories again. I remembered that race in Suzuka and the car's driver door opened by itself. Man, that freaked me out!

Takuma: "Hmmmm.... maybe it's one of his fans. And besides, how accurate is that description? There are no photos in the post!"

Takanori: "As if the creator of the thread was sleep walking! Well, I'm sure this thread can develop. I'll wait for the updates."

Mr. Mitsu (Part 1) - END

Mr. Mitsu (Part 2)

It's a sunny lunch time on a Thursday. Shiro goes to Ginza as he wants so splurge for a leather jacket. He enters Kasumi's fashion design house that also serves as a shop. While the secretary calls for her, he looks around at the stylish and expensive outfits she sells.

Kasumi finally gets out of her room upstairs and meets Shiro.

Kasumi: "Oh good afternoon! How may I help you?"

Shiro: "Greetings... my name is Toshiro Chouji. Nice to meet you in person."

Kasumi: "Nice to meet you too, Toshiro-kun! So, fancy an outfit?"

Shiro: "I want a nice leather jacket."

Kasumi: "Oh... let me see here if I have one for you in stock. Oh no... I'm sorry, but I ran out. Don't worry, I can make one for you! It'll take a week, is it okay?"

Shiro: "Sure. Take your time, it doesn't matter how long. No pressure, and I think even the best fashion designer needs time to create a fabulous dress."

Then they hear a baby crying upstairs.

Kasumi: "Sorry, it's my baby crying. I think he's hungry. Oh, I'll just let the secretary hand out the order form. Please fill it out."

Shiro: "Okay."

The secretary hands out the form. As Shiro fills it, he still looks up at the room. Then he bids farewell as he heads out from the shop. Shiro just walks along the streets of the district known for high-end shops and fashion design houses.

Shiro: "Kasumi... I'm very happy to see you again. And with you doing very well, that would be more than enough for me to be happy. We might cross paths again... My heart still beats for you."

Time: 11 pm

9607620474_eb3ba5329a_c.jpg

Shiro: "So, the King of Route 5 is also a Slasher, eh? Mitsukoshi Tanaka, an aspiring Super GT racer."

9604384315_771ea5744a_c.jpg

Shiro: "However, you think your 4WD FTO can just beat a GT500 car?"

9607619588_3858470a4a_c.jpg

Shiro: "GT500 cars are just among the fastest cars in the world! They have only a few limitations compared to other GT race cars."

9607619384_beb9a2109e_c.jpg

Shiro: "Come! You want to challenge GT500 cars, right? Then allow me to grant your request! You will get to meet The GT500 Legend...

...NOBUHIKO HIRAMOTO!!!"

Time: 10 am, the next day

Nobuyuki: "Hmmm... that was a pretty short segment there. But I'm sure we have lots of taping to do on the set."

Takuma: "Gotta grab some coffee."

Takanori: "Listen guys. That Supra issued a challenge. The driver didn't even bother putting his name on the blog, but he is challenging someone named Mitsukoshi Tanaka."

Nobuyuki: "Mitsukoshi Tanaka? Isn't he one of the upcoming GT500 drivers? He shall enter the fray in his 4WD FTO under a special permission."

Takanori: "Speaking of which, aren't you supposed to orient those upcoming drivers?"

Nobuyuki: "Yeah, but I am just one of those instructors. Can't teach them all. I was assigned to teach an American racer named Keith Ross."

Takuma: "Keith Ross, huh? Related to my friend, Jacob. Oh well, I'm sure the little brother has potential too."

Nobuyuki: "I'm even wondering why he chose Super GT. I'm just curious..."

Takanori: "Well, we can't compete in this Super GT season. Too bad, not only because of work commitments, but also Aniki is entering in F1."

Time: 12 am

9607618080_81717e6ab2_c.jpg

Mitsukoshi: "A challenge, eh? I gotta rise up for that!"

9604385213_cf1aa315e0_c.jpg

Mitsukoshi: "He drives a Supra, huh? Well, this FTO can easily beat it. I shall show him the supremacy of 4WD!"

9604381523_cf492a3622_c.jpg

Mitsukoshi: "I hope he's worthwhile, not some silly racer wannabe."

9604381195_775a437f2d_c.jpg

Mitsukoshi: "I'm waiting! I guess Route 5 needs real racers back!"

Mr. Mitsu (Part 2) - END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Once again, I need a volunteer. :D

And here is Shiro:

9604134509_e626cef282_o.jpg

Last edited:
Before you have big Nobu teach Keith what's what, let's see what you're dealing with:

- He puts the focus on fun. So he drives for the thrill of the ride, which is the speeds and the furious nature of track racing. Winning isn't everything to him, but he gets near it now and then.

- He's inspired by Nobuhiko's tragic tale (before his return). He had offers to other leagues but chose his offer into GT500 for the mentioned reason. And he's a bit of a Japan nerd kind of guy, so he knows the common dialects of Japanese.

- Should a new car be introduced, he won't have any control issues as his throttle control is top notch, since he drives a Corvette for most everyday activities. Like in that Top Gear episode: The hosts can get around the track and match the time of The Stig in an R8, but would never be able to match Stiggy in the Corvette. Keith might be one who can do that feat.

Great page nonetheless.

Entry 18 - Forward

Today, I shall watch the last of my reviews before heading off to my F1 career. Takanori is watching, while I'm thinking of covering my eyes. Nobuyuki, on the other hand, is at Suzuka mentoring his assigned Super GT driver.

Since it is lunch break, the director allowed us to watch the segment before being aired.

Takanori: "Oooooh, I'm excited!"

Takuma: "I don't know... should this really be aired?"

And he plays it... oh well, no choice but to watch!

Takuma: "Good morning, viewers! Today, this marks the last of my car reviews for this season of Motoring Weekly. Yes, it is my last, even though we're still at the middle of the season. It's all because I have future races lying ahead. So, to kick off this very special segment, I shall be driving...

9612551125_9477c2db80_c.jpg

...this. Shocking, isn't it? This is a Ferrari. Yes, a Ferrari. Normally, you'd see me bashing on Ferraris, but on this occasion, I won't. Besides, this is a very special one. I'll tell you why later, but first let us get to know the car more, shall we?

The Ferrari 330 P4 was created in response to Ford's GT40 in Le Mans. Ford and Ferrari had a bitter rivalry in the Le Mans in the past, starting from the proud Enzo Ferrari's backing out of Henry Ford's deal. Hence, the American stroke back with the GT40, beating what Ferrari has been throwing at it. Then out of desperation, this 330 P4 came out. Now, some of you may bash this as a replica, but no it isn't. See here? This is approved by Ferrari. This means that this is one of the 3 race cars they made. Now, we have only a limited time here in Fuji Speedway to show our viewers how this beautiful machine runs. So, I shall wear my race suit and helmet for this."

9615788290_03d06bf080_c.jpg

Takuma: "Whoa!!! This is just... You don't get this speed in any Ferrari today!"

9615788012_7992979f31_c.jpg

Takuma: "3.3 liter V12, 450 horsepower! They may sound modest in today's standards, but this car weighs around less than 800 kilograms! Do the math, and this is even faster than a GT500 or a GT1-spec race car! Top speed recorded was at 320 kilometers an hour!"

9612552133_d6ba9f3d9f_c.jpg

Takuma: "Just like any other race car, this does not also like leadfoots! You have to be patient with the throttle at the corner exits. Man, this car is loud, that I have to raise my voice!"

9612551795_9998ba25c0_c.jpg

9615786974_0b484f5d49_c.jpg

Takuma: "That speed, that glorious speed! This car looks beautiful even when you see it running!

So, after a few laps, I had to get out of the car, knowing that the track will have to be maintained for the upcoming Super GT. It's kinda disappointing that I only managed to do a few laps with it. I love every single moment with the 330 P4. This is the only Ferrari that I would love to drive. And you know why is this special?"

Oh no... they recorded the moment that I shed a tear there. They didn't edit it out...

Takuma: "Because this particular car was raced by my father, Michiharu Kanonji, in his heyday. He also won the Le Mans with this car. I can feel how he loved this car and how was he so dedicated to winning with it. How I wish he was beside me running this thing and talk to me more....

...I miss you, Oyaji. I wish we could talk more..."

And another tear down... Guess the viewers will finally see the softer side of Takuma Kanonji, huh?

And so the clip ends there. Kinda short, but a very special one for me.

Takanori: "That's great! I actually haven't driven Otousan's 330 P4, you know?"

Takuma: "Don't worry, you can drive it. It's stashed in Kaido's garage and has been recently restored."

Time: 1 pm

Nobuyuki: "Keith Ross, am I right? Welcome to the Super GT! Today, I am your instructor."

Keith: "Arigatou Gozaimasu."

Nobuyuki: "Dou itashimashte! Sate, hajimemashou ka?"

(You're welcome! Now then, shall we start?)

Keith: "Whoa... I haven't learned a lot in your language, Sensei. But I am really amazed at that car I'm driving."

Nobuyuki: "Unfortunately, this won't participate in the race, nor do I. But I took this out in order for you to familiarize how a GT500 car runs. So, shall you take the wheel?"

While Keith is observing the buttons and switches of the Castrol Supra, Nobuyuki lectures him on how to start the car, in an orderly manner.

Nobuyuki: "This is typical race car stuff. It's like a ceremony."

Keith: "Lights... battery... fuel... all on."

Nobuyuki: "Now start it up."

Keith presses the button. The twin turbo 3S-GTE roars loudly to life.

Keith: "Hey this is awesome! I love to rev it!"

Nobuyuki: "Now, I shall get in. See? This even has the passenger seat. This is converted to a street car as well."

And so, the Supra flies by...

9607619128_5c27347882_c.jpg

Keith: "This only makes 500 horsepower!? You're not joking, right? Because this does not feel like it! It's even quicker than my Corvette!"

Nobuyuki: "I have only decreased its boost pressure for today's test. I have to simulate the GT500 car through this. Well, all GT500 cars are weighing in 1100 kilograms. And here's a tip for you, all of their engines really make significantly more than 500 horsepower. It's the restrictor, but remove it, and they reach godly levels of power."

Keith: "This was driven by Nobuhiko Hiramoto, right? The so-called GT500 Legend?"

Nobuyuki: "Yes... this car was a witness of his entire racing career. Even it witnessed my little brother's death... More than that, this has also been a subject of horror stories as well."

Keith: "Really??? So they are true, after all. But you know, your little brother inspired me to race here. So young, yet so dedicated that he even beat a lot of veterans even if a disease was trying to stop him."

Nobuyuki: "That's true. Hey, you are actually doing good with the throttle. You know, you have my little brother's reflexes. I'm sure whatever GT500 car you'll drive, you'll adapt to it very easily."

9604383129_d5e8c79e73_c.jpg

Keith: "My Corvette hates heavy feet. Hence I learned to control high powered cars because of that. But believe me, I find this car fun! I can corner a lot faster as well!"

9604382861_668e1438af_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "Let me tell you something about Super GT. Yeah, you have to enjoy it, but it's not all about fun."

9604382539_30733fd1c3_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "You have entered in shark-infested waters, boy. If they can eat you alive, then they will. Stay focused as well. The fun part is when you love driving the machine. However, you've got to keep your cool on this one."

Keith: "Noted. But I don't think winning is that important to me. It's all about experience. We're bound to lose someday. For me, if I can enjoy it, then I can win it. I'll make this fun... don't worry."

Nobuyuki: "Your dedication reminded me of my little brother. Don't give up; and enjoy the race, okay? I have high hopes for you. Don't hesitate to call me when you need help."

You might be wondering... have I accepted team Lotus F1's offer? Well, yes.

9615786058_043e61ebf5_c.jpg

I have decided to take it. Team Lotus is rather desperate in looking for someone that will take them to the top. And they chose me, ironically with very little experience in F1. But as time passed, I am getting the hang of it. I did some more workout routines as well, as I am expecting F1 cars to give more strain to the body. I have to move forward, but that does not mean that I abandoned Dream Alliance. As a matter of fact, they supported my decision.

9615786346_e531fbdfb6_c.jpg

I, Takuma Kanonji, shall take F1...

...BY STORM!!!

Forward - END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- I shall put the Sidestories on HIATUS. I shall post "The Formula of Speed" soon, and I'll post a new entry to the Sidestories weekly.

- The Supra vs. FTO battle, the rest of the Slasher battles, and some more interesting entries will still continue, but in a manner mentioned above. The FTO Touring Car cannot be shared, hence I can wait for someone to volunteer with the same car and color.

Last edited:
The FTO's just on the million mark. It's a shame it is. I don't know if any of my FTO Super Tourings have that color, but I'll have to check. I think my first one's a gray one, but, fingers crossed.

And totally didn't expect the Ferrari choice.

Entry 19 - Takanori's Unicorn

Time: 5 pm

At the shortcut mountain pass that cuts Gunma to Tokyo travel times, one sole car is tearing the roads.

9680921699_d41e70bdf0_c.jpg

The R33 GT-R LM.

9684159634_36ac5d32cd_c.jpg

9684159768_7fe0bf2244_c.jpg

It follows the racing line much better than a regular GT-R... It zooms past quickly through the pass and seemingly heads back to Tokyo.

Location: Motoring Weekly Office and Studio, Nishi-Shinjuku, Tokyo
Time: 8 am, the next day

Nobuyuki arrives in the office, and as he opens the lights, he is surprised by Takanori's rather early appearance.

Nobuyuki: "Is the world gone topsy-turvy? You are early! And for that, you deserve a prize."

Takanori: "Aniki left a bunch of work for me to do!!! That's why I'm early! Dammit, why didn't he bothered finishing them before leaving!?"

Nobuyuki: "Awwww.... that's how much he loves you. He wants you to keep busy and probably not worry about him too much."

Takanori: "Tomorrow is the weekend, thankfully! And that's the time I shall be testing the car I bought!"

Nobuyuki: "You bought another car?"

Takanori: "Yeah... the LEAF is my everyday commuter, alright, but I need something to take on The Slashers. The gray R32 does not fit for the job."

Nobuyuki: "What is it, then?"

Takanori: "Hehehehehe...."

Nobuyuki: "Spill it... you are the sole reason why this building's owner paid a higher electricity bill thanks to your recharging Nissan LEAF. And also, I shall tell the director that you will review the C3 Corvette in the upcoming Vintage Car Shootout. Hehehehehe..."

Takanori: "Stop bullying me!!! All right, you can come with me tomorrow, as I shall bring it to the Touge for testing."

Nobuyuki: "Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Okay, that shall give me more than enough energy for me to start off this day!"

Takanori: "I wish that Aniki is here to see the car. He's in Europe once again with his family now... Also, I miss his everyday noogies on me."

Nobuyuki: "What about mine?"

Takanori: "Nah, Aniki's noogies are much more special."

Nobuyuki: "I must prepare myself for the upcoming Rallying events as well. Samui-kun is already at it. I wonder how's Shiro-kun doing?"

Time: 10 am, the next day

9680921065_21d329dd84_c.jpg

Nobuyuki: "I still can't believe you bought this..."

9684159052_43e753d071_c.jpg

Takanori: "I kinda had a creepy story behind this. I received an E-mail from this car's previous owner, offering it to sell to me. I felt that there has to be a catch, since this car is so rare. But it all went down smoothly."

Nobuyuki: "Just like that?"

Takanori: "Yeah. The previous owner believes that this GT-R deserves someone better than him. Look at its mileage, it only ran 2000 kilometers."

Nobuyuki: "Then you immediately tuned it."

9680920725_ed545b01cb_c.jpg

Takanori: "With the absence of the front differential, this car has almost none of the stubborn understeer tendencies normally experienced in a GT-R. There is slight of it, as the heavy engine still sits on top of the front tires."

9680920495_e26bf1ede9_c.jpg

Takanori: "But with wider tires and better aerodynamics, the cornering capabilities are improved overall."

9684158404_18b6b1383e_c.jpg

Takanori: "We will take care of The Slashers for Aniki. He shouldn't be bothered by the likes of them. He must concentrate on F1. I can beat Jintei with this. And also...

...I want to have a 2nd showdown against Aniki once he's done with the F1 season.

Takanori's Unicorn - END

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The Mt. Aso Snow Glitch is true after all. :lol:

- Expect another entry next week.

Last edited:
Back