Dream Alliance Sidestories - Takanori's Unicorn

Philippines
Manila, PH
TakuKanonji22
IMPORTANT!

This is my latest creation. If this is the first of my fanfics you came across, I suggest you take your time reading the others first. The link provided will direct you to a thread of the list of my other fanfics. They are listed in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER.

Dream Alliance 2​

Chapter 1 - Mille Miglia​

Page 1 - 722

Hi there! I'm back! Oh, I miss you so much, guys! Takuma Kanonji here, and we will once again have a...

...just a session, no alcoholic beverages involved. I don't condone drinking and driving.

I'm still in Europe, with the entire Dream Alliance team. Samui just arrived the other day with my Countach, weeeeeeee!

You know, I noticed a happier disposition from him. Something happened? But I like his sudden change in personality. He is almost just as energetic as Takanori. I still detect traces of his older personality, but I think that should balance it.

While I was making sausages from the kitchen... (man, I wonder where Axel-oniisan bought that Sausage making machine), someone just arrived. I checked outside who that is, and this is what I saw.

9107417040_af25a71c4b_c.jpg

Katrine: "I'm back. So, are the sausages ready?"

Whew... Wait, she left a while ago without a car. Where did she pick that up?

Takuma: "You left without a car a while ago."

Katrine: "Ahahahahaha! I just picked up Axel's 2nd SLR from the showroom since the servicing is complete.

His 2nd SLR? I haven't seen that..

Katrine: "You may have not seen it, but he has this before I married him. This car needs to run, since Axel is using his other SLR more often than this."

And then, the dummy just came out from the house...

Takanori: "Whoa... that is such a mean SLR! I haven't seen that!"

Takuma: "Me too, actually. I have no idea that our German brother would own one of these."

Takanori: "So he owned 2 of them? Wow... so rich!"

Samui: "Ummmm... 722? What does that mean?"

Takuma: "That's the 722 Edition, Samui. A beefed-up SLR McLaren."

Then the Hiramotos gather as well.

Hiroyuki: "Back already? So, how's Japan?"

Samui: "Well, I've fixed everything there. And I just graduated."

Nobuyuki: "Congrats! So, you are now a Dream Alliance member! Oh, so does Nigel."

Samui: "I guess this is work, then..."

Takanori: "Hey, it's not just that! We're having fun at the same time!"

Takuma: "Well, I gotta get inside and finish those sausages for dinner."

Takanori: "First thing in the morning, let's head to the Nurburgring with the SLR 722!"

Oh boy.... I'm waking up early tomorrow? You gotta make it worthwhile or else I'll give you a concussion.

And so..... yawwwwnnnn.... we head to the Nurburgring. Nobuyuki's parents didn't come along, I don't want to bother the elderly.

Takanori and Samui enter the car. Well, it has to be ran, since it wasn't used for a long time.

And they set off.... what time is it? 7:22 am.

9110355405_a49521e8d7_c.jpg

Takanori: "Hold on tight, as this is a roller coaster ride! You'll pretty much drive around here soon, Samui."

Samui: "It's like a Touge, like Nobuyuki-san said."

9112578144_7be408d561_c.jpg

Samui: "Whoa, this is ballistic!"

Takanori: "That's expected from a high-performance Mercedes! And it also has McLaren's input!"

9110354697_fec45a124c_c.jpg

Samui: "Looks like this is a hard track to master."

A 722 Edition SLR? Hmmmm.... haven't really heard of it. That's the first time I've seen one.

Nobuyuki: "Nigel, can you look up on that car? It's intriguing."

Takuma: "I agree."

Nigel: "One moment please. Accessing the internet. Gathering data."

Nigel is like a big mobile internet. Whenever we have queries, he can access the internet for answers.

Nigel: "Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren 722 Edition. Power: 650 PS, Torque: 820 Nm, Weight: 1700 kilograms, 0-100 KM/H: 3.6 seconds Top Speed: 340 KM/H."

9110354229_6bb2ab954b_c.jpg

Nigel: "The SLR 722 Edition is an improved version of the SLR McLaren, with a power increase and a lowered height for improved handling. Exterior changes include a front air dam and different rims. The interior has red gauge cluster instead of blue from the regular SLR."

9112577150_1938260942_c.jpg

Nigel: "The 722 in the name refers to the starting time of the Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR in the Mille Miglia in 1955 driven by Sir Stirling Moss."

Takuma: "Coincidence? Takanori set off at that same time."

Nobuyuki: "Speaking of which, are we finally joining the Mille Miglia?"

Takuma: "Yeah. Actually, Lamborghini sponsored us. I can't let them down with the LP400. Takanori would be my partner for the race. It will start from U.K. and the race will end in Rome, Italy."

Nobuyuki: "Seems you are a loyal Lamborghini fan."

Takuma: "Yeah, to think that the company will sponsor us. I just love Lamborghinis. They still have the insanity that Ferrari doesn't. I don't care if the LaFerrari looks better than the Veneno. I would buy a Veneno, but I wasn't able to... since all 3 were sold. I used to outrun posers in their Ferraris with that LP400."

Nobuyuki: "You twins will surely have fun."

Takuma: "Yeah... I would love having Takanori as my partner. Just as long as he doesn't irritate me with his singing.

9110353527_f0e809ff93_c.jpg

Nigel: "Time recorded, 7 minutes and 6 seconds."

Takuma: "Great. At least not 7 minutes and 22 seconds."

Actually, Takanori can sing whatever song he wants. I'm excited... I want to have another bonding with him.

End of Page 1

Last edited:
Page 2 - Visitor

At around 8:30 am the next day, I go to the garage to warm up the Countach. This is a must for most carbureted cars. Then I pet the car... haha.

Takuma: "Good morning, my raging bull. Had a nice day yesterday?"

Actually, that's what I greet to Otousan's Lamborghinis back home in UK. Call me crazy, but that's just how I love Lambos. Think of it as a similar scenario on how Takanori loves GT-Rs.

After a few minutes, I head to the hills in order for this bull to run. I missed it so much after I sent it to Alessandro for fixing the cooling.

9116731352_f3ee86dfc8_c.jpg

9116730968_b2c91a69bb_c.jpg

So far so good, then. I'm sure Takanori would love driving this too. I think he already did.

9114504177_38a4e32e4d_c.jpg

Cars like this one are so much fun to drive. Not that I'm against modern Lambos, but the likes of Miura, Countach, and the Urraco are a joy to drive. I've driven all of Otousan's Lamborghinis, you know? And this LP400 is my personal favorite.

9114504031_18ae0ed965_c.jpg

9114503597_5c8d593d20_c.jpg

Now, that's what a raging bull is! Good boy!

9114513379_37e324c03b_c.jpg

I immediately returned home, very satisfied with the run. I gotta feed that hungry Takanori some breakfast. He can get cranky when he doesn't eat my cooking for at least once a day. Samui, on the other hand, is just drinking coffee while reading the latest news.

Takanori: "Good breakfast sausages! I love them!"

Takuma: "Keep eating them, and you'll be a fat sack of crap."

Takanori: "Sack? Aww... I thought these are healthy!"

Takuma: "Sometimes, you gotta splurge. Though not too much, especially like us who are race car drivers."

Takanori: "Where did you go a while ago? I was looking for you."

Takuma: "I ran the Countach at the hills nearby. It has to be prepared for the upcoming Mille Miglia."

Takanori: "That also explains the plenty of coolants in the garage."

Takuma: "Precautionary measures have to be taken. We'll never know what will happen."

Takanori: "Yesterday, I've confirmed our participation in the 24 Hours of Le Mans. The FIA is so happy to hear that news."

Takuma: "We'll make preparations for that too, after the Mille Miglia."

Takanori: "That could work, or maybe the rest of the team can do it too, while we are running."

Takuma: "My noogies on you finally worked. I'm so happy..."

Samui: "Leave that to me. I can make the preparations with Nobuyuki-san and Hiroyuki-san."

Takuma: "Thanks. I'm glad we have you around. You are like a little brother to us."

Time: 8:00 pm

A Prius Taxi arrives in front of the shop. A passenger steps out of the taxi. When looks are concerned, he is definitely not a native of Japan. In fact, one could say that he is from a Southeast Asian country.

9114500749_b0ea3521fd_c.jpg

He enters the shop, and Tomoko welcomes him.

Tomoko: "I thought we are going to close at this time! One last customer, perhaps. So, where are you from?"

"I'm from the Philippines."

Tomoko: "Ohhhh... I want to go there someday because of the beautiful beaches and scenery."

"You could say that. Try to visit there at least once. You got to.

Actually, I am here to look for someone."

Tomoko: "Who?"

"Takuma Kanonji. Is he here?"

Tomoko: "Oh dear, I'm so sorry. My son is in Europe right now. He is participating in various races there."

"I see. No worries, my trip here in Japan is worthwhile overall. I didn't come here just to see him."

Tomoko: "What's your name, by the way?"

"My name is Juan Potenciano."

Tomoko: "Okay, Juan. I'll let him know that you passed by. Can I take a message?"

Juan: "I prefer doing it personally. Maybe I could meet him sometime."

Tomoko: "I see. He actually lives just across the street."

Juan: "I see. Well, time for me to leave. Nice meeting you."

Juan leaves the shop without much of a word. He looks at Takuma's house.

Juan: "Seems that I can't afford wasting my time here. Mille Miglia is just around the corner. I gotta call my manager, as he is there already. I think Takuma will join the race too.

No time to waste... Let's have a reunion, my fellow Protege."

End of Page 2

9114502525_297705c839_c.jpg

Well, someone's home alone. It makes me wonder what the twins' families are up to.

Great 👍

The twins' wives are also just in their homes looking after their children. Logically, Kokoro would be watching over Takuma's mom.

Last edited:
Page 3 - Berlinetta Boxer

The next morning, I see Takanori checking the suspension of the car. Something wrong with it? Well, I don't mind if he fiddles with the suspension.

Takuma: "What's wrong with the suspension?"

Takanori: "I think it can use a bit of tuning. I've driven this before, you know? I felt rolling when I corner it, so I think it should be stiffened and lowered as well."

Takuma: "It does roll. Hmmmmm.... perhaps we can fiddle it for the race. After all, we expect historic race cars there too."

Takanori: "I'm excited for another adventure! I love races like that!"

Me too, actually... I want to talk to you more often... and open up.

Takuma: "We have to wait for a week, dummy. So stay put!"

I called for a meeting. All drivers of the Dream Alliance are present.

Takuma: "Next week would be the start of the Mille Miglia. Two days before that, Takanori and I will head to UK. So, what are your plans?"

Nigel: "Sayuki-san has a helicopter, so I can use it to view the race from above. Oh, I will also scan the road you plan to pass through, so that I can warn you of obstructions and police activity. Please give me your contact numbers to store in my memory banks, so that we can keep in touch during the race. I will open up my signal for the entire race."

Takuma: "Good. At least you know all along that we would do speeding in some areas."

Samui: "Nobuyuki-san and I have already started to view the cars that we can use for the Le Mans. We are still narrowing it down."

Nobuyuki: "Ricky will also help us for that. We might even head to Circuit De La Sarthe for tests. My father will help us too."

Takuma: "Just make sure we won't spend a lot of money for that. We also have crew to pay for."

Takanori: "I guess we are all set, then!"

At around afternoon, which is evening in Tokyo, I opened up the laptop and Skype. I want to check on my wife and my children on how they are doing...

Takuma: "Hey honey... how's things there?"

Awwww... she brought little Shin along. I miss him so much too.

Kokoro: "Look, it's Daddy. Say hi to your Daddy!"

And even in Skype, he kicked the camera. I either wake up or surprise Shin every morning, and he retaliates with either a punch or a kick on my nose. What a baby!

Then Little Ben arrives.

Little Ben: "Daddy, someone was looking for you last night. Grandma told me that he knows you."

Takuma: "Really?"

Kokoro: "She said that he came from the Philippines, looking for you. And I think he's on his way there in Europe to see you."

A Filipino? Hmmmmm.... it does ring a bell. Aside from Ricky, who is half-Filipino, I think I did encounter another Filipino in my life. I have to jog my mind on this one.

Takuma: "I see. Maybe an old friend of mine."

Time: The next day, 9 am.

9127044242_b798016005_c.jpg

Juan: "This car has been lightened for the race. The suspension is also been tweaked."

9124826121_535e72683e_c.jpg

Juan: "I love the car's new exhaust. I can tell that the engine is singing."

9124825887_f668e5c779_c.jpg

Juan: "This is perfect for the job. The Berlinetta Boxer was a performance benchmark in its time, and with the other classic cars joining the race, this should make mincemeat of them."

9127043394_a8c9d25c6c_c.jpg

Juan: "Takuma Kanonji, are you joining the race too? I hope so. It's been 4 years since we arranged our duel. It's normal for us Proteges to compete against each other, as what the late Sir Ben wants."

9124824975_ddb7034871_c.jpg

Juan: "This... is my father's car. I brought it all the way here to have it tuned and restored. I won't let my efforts go to waste and I won't let my father down."

End of Page 3

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- The 512BB here is tuned to match the Countach LP400's 516 PP. GT5 made them poles apart where in reality the 2 cars are evenly matched.

Page 4 - Meeting of Proteges

It's finally here... it's the Mille Miglia! 2 days before that, Takanori and I have already arrived to make some preparations. He is just as excited as...

...a live wire. Well, save that for later. I will drive first!

Nigel is currently in France, and will start monitoring the race once we arrive there.

When we arrived, we decided to to tweak the Countach. The suspension has been stiffened and lowered as per Takanori's request. The chassis has already been strengthened before I got the car back. So, with all the necessary modifications taken care of, we are all set. Since the race has not yet officially started, I decided to take a leak first and Takanori inspects the car.

Takanori: "So many beautiful classics here! This Countach belongs to that club too!"

Suddenly, Juan arrives and is shocked to see his late mentor's car.

Juan: "Sir Ben's Countach??? I haven't seen that ever since I left the group! It's such a joy seeing it once again... brings back memories."

Takanori: "May I help you?"

Juan: "Takuma?"

Takanori: "Well, that's where you're wrong! I am his twin! My brown hair differentiates me from him. You're looking for him?"

Juan: "So you are his twin, eh? I never knew that... I thought twins are together most of their life."

Takanori: "It'll be a long story if I tell you how I met him. Oh, there he is."

Such a familiar face... He's...

Juan: "Now you are Takuma. I have mistaken your twin as you. Besides, I still see our insignia on your race suit."

Takuma: "I finally remember. You are that Filipino that looked for me in Japan, eh? And... you are my fellow Protege."

Juan: "Correct. Remember the bet we made 4 years ago?"

Takuma: "Heh. Absolutely... So, what are you running?"

Juan: "That 512BB over there."

The LP400's nemesis. Those 2 cars competed for speed in their heyday. Lamborghini and Ferrari made wild claims for their cars in order to capture the supercar crowd. Hence, popularity was split...

Takuma: "I assume it's souped-up as well. I recognize that ANSA exhaust."

Juan: "Indeed. And with it, I will pursue the goal that was once abolished."

Takuma: "You think so?

Juan: "Absolutely. I haven't forgotten our group's main objective. You think taking away Sir Ben from us will automatically make you the greatest racer in the world?"

Before any more tension arises, everyone is called to line up the cars as the race will start.

Juan: "May the best racer win."

Juan is called first. So, that's a challenge as well. How to chase the leader...

Takanori: "Aniki..."

Takuma: "It's not important. I don't want to think of the past. Though I will commence on the bet."

9134336060_0fffee5a26_c.jpg

Host: "Our very first racer, a Filipino named Juan Potenciano, starting off with the lovely Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer. Eric Clapton also owned one of those, right?"

9134332406_eccab1e1e1_c.jpg

Host: "Look at that thing rocket off the line! And the glorious Flat-12 sound!"

9132118445_7a90bf74fe_c.jpg

Takanori: "Now that's a challenge! We can catch it!"

Other cars have started. Not that we are the last, but definitely we are far off...

9132117797_912b2c932b_c.jpg

9134331570_7bccdf839b_c.jpg

9134331518_54be6b4472_c.jpg

Now, it's our turn!

Host: "The definitive supercar, the 1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400. And it's driven by the Kanonji Twins of Japan. These twins are making a name in the motorsports world proudly representing Japan! And they wear race suits!"

9132116761_526770cddb_c.jpg

I readied myself, my right hand at the gear stick. First gear!

Takanori: "Let's go!!!"

And we're off! The crowd is amazed by the sound of the V12.

9132116519_610218fba2_c.jpg

Takuma: "I can wholeheartedly eat a balut egg should I lose! But, can you eat Fugu, Mr. Potenciano???"

End of Page 4

9134347714_79a826e9ec_c.jpg

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Balut: A boiled duck egg famously served as a street food in the Philippines. Eating it involves opening up the egg and suck out the embryo and the fluids.

- Fugu: A popular but deadly sashimi dish which is a puffer fish's meat. Highly-trained chefs know how to separate the poison from the meat. Restaurants serving Fugu are marked so as to inform the public that a highly-trained chef serves the dish and it is safe to eat.

Last edited:
Page 5 - Speed Record

We are now at a train that passes underneath the English Channel. On the way to France, that's for sure.

In the train, I have seen few of the competitors. It'll take an hour or two to get to France, and I'm willing to spend that opening up to Takanori...

Takuma: "Takanori..."

Takanori: "Yes?"

Takuma: "This train, reminded me of my past... I lived most of my life in Europe with Otousan. I finished school here, and I learned racing skills here. It's really odd that I didn't really learn everything from our home land back then. It was all out of anger... I told him not to return to Japan anymore, for I don't want to see the people who abandoned me. It's in this train, that I bravely said that. And then... until fate brought us to meet each other."

Takanori: "Hey hey... don't feel bad. I understood what you went through. I have always wanted a brother, you know?"

Takuma: "It's really strange, why didn't you hate me, then? I said bad things about our family, even by the first time I saw you."

Takanori: "I was really happy when I found out you are my twin! Remember the race we had at the hills? I was filled with happiness, that's why I won. Happiness makes people do great stuff and succeed. You gotta think positive, you know?"

Takuma: "And I met... Oyaji. Yes, I am calling our father by that, so as to avoid confusion. I used to call him by his first name and regarded him as a total stranger in my life."

Takanori: "What did he tell you?"

Takuma: "That despite everything that happened, he is still very proud of me. And that he loves me."

Takanori: "See, our father loves you! He never forgot you!"

I just looked down... I don't want Takanori seeing my tears again.

Takanori: "Aniki?"

Takuma: "It's nothing... Let's just wait for the train to arrive. There is coffee at the bar, if you want."

Time: 3:00 pm

9142787638_98b45e8c61_c.jpg

Juan: "So far so good..."

9140559501_acc5d1c16f_c.jpg

Juan: "I haven't forgotten what our organization's goal is. What a shame, you became great but you totally forgotten your focus. Sir Ben would usually punish those who forgets that goal..."

9142787272_ffa1751542_c.jpg

Finally, we arrived in France. Nigel is on the air, monitoring us. I am counting on him for the rest of the race.

And we are passing by at this certain road... a very long straight. Time to unleash this bull's horns!

Takuma: "Nigel, is there any police activity on this road?"

Nigel: "Negative. Please speed with caution."

Takuma: "Roger that."

Takanori: "What is it?"

9142786946_688d491073_c.jpg

Takuma: "In its time, the Countach LP400 was said to reach 300 KM/H. But Otousan didn't believe that, and he didn't bother testing its top speed, either. Automotive reviews have also debunked Lamborghini's claims. But...

...my guts say that this bull can."

I floored it...

Takanori: "Whoa!"

9142786954_ab51c30d38_c.jpg

Takuma: "230 KM/H... You know, if the engine is in a proper state of tune, this car can reach speeds over 300 KM/H. Carburetor engines are tricky to tinker."

9142786728_79c34d0eb1_c.jpg

Takanori: "280 KM/H. I fear that we are losing control! This car has no rear wing, and the tires are narrow!"

Takuma: "Wrong again. Without the giant wing, fenders and wider tires that the later models had, the LP400 is actually the fastest Countach variant!"

9142786288_120f466fac_c.jpg

Takuma: "314 KM/H! That's faster than even the Testarossa! Sucks to be a 512BB owner."

9140558107_01f536bb0d_c.jpg

Takanori: "So... this is stable at high speeds? I don't see you struggling to control it, either."

Takuma: "This can even blow the doors of a Countach 5000QV. Otousan's friend has one, and I remembered him having a drag race using this against that QV. The QV had a rocket start, but not for long. Otousan won the drag race. This car's tall gearing helps it reach 300 KM/H."

Takanori: "Man, I feel like we're those two ladies from Cannonball! They also wear race suits and tear up the roads with a Countach!"

Takuma: "Then what? Seduce the cops when they pull us over? What can we expose?

Takanori: "Ahahahahahahahaha!"

To think I made Takanori laugh... that is a great accomplishment for me. It's a sign that I have successfully turned over into a new leaf.

End of Page 5

9143005620_cf5c3caf28_c.jpg

The reason why the LP400 is black:

b5188768c1458762563c4fe6275cd54a.jpg

countach-3395325.jpg

Such a good read. Sadly, the latest chapter has not been released for months... :(

The next page will be posted later, and Hiroyuki will be on it. :)

Page 6 - Riviera Cruising

We traveled south to Monaco. Takanori decided not to pass through Switzerland and instead cut some time by the Italian Autostrada. In that sense, it is faster, and Switzerland is a host to mountain passes that do offer great view, but can waste some time especially in races like these. Proper route planning is key here, not just speed. The fastest route would help a lot in winning.

And, the dummy is behind the wheel.... But I trust his skills. He had beaten me, right?

9150190686_956af9fa8a_c.jpg

Takanori: "I remember that day... that Hiroyuki-san and I joined that race across Europe. We passed by here and had a nice, but brief view of the riviera! Hiroyuki-san had a share of experiences here too."

Takuma: "Me too.... Otousan and I briefly lived here. For a year, to be exact. He intended it to be a headquarters for his races in mainland Europe. He loved the scenery of Monaco, but he decided to move out since he hated the crowded nature of the city. He doesn't want to appear like a tax evader from France. We returned to U.K. and he finally swore that he will never, ever go back here. I don't know why, but I just like this place."

Takanori: "Wanna know how I tore up this place? Let's go!"

And he floored the car despite the crowd. Oh boy...

9150190494_7f7986eff9_c.jpg

Drifting with it... you got balls, my beloved twin.

9147958833_f0a1fca0e2_c.jpg

9150190166_c3c7b84fd3_c.jpg

9147958541_fb6a682a9e_c.jpg

Takanori: "Oh... I almost forgot. You had a bet with that Juan guy, right?"

9150189738_fb1f73bdc3_c.jpg

Takuma: "If I win, I'll feed him Fugu. If he wins, then I must eat Balut. Simple bet, you might say. But Juan is the type of person who is very goal-oriented. He very well knows the organization's goal. But that goal is also the reason why Otousan decided to disband the group."

9147958219_72878e4e1f_c.jpg

Takanori: "Which is?"

Takuma: "I'll tell you more about that. For now, concentrate on the road."

9150189564_397bca58a8_c.jpg

Time: 5:00 pm

Nobuyuki: "I think my parents have arrived."

9150189336_73627b501e_c.jpg

Samui: "Where did they go?"

Nobuyuki: "I don't know where my parents went off to. I'll ask them now."

The couple enters, with a rather gloomy mood.

Nobuyuki: "What's wrong?"

Kyoko: "Shall you really break it, Hiroyuki?"

Hiroyuki: "They must know. We must not let them keep in the dark. Come to the living room."

Everyone gathers at the living room, anxious to hear Hiroyuki's announcement.

Hiroyuki: "I have lived a meaningful life, and I am very happy. I ask for nothing more. Your mother and I have finally reconciled, and we finally found you, Nobuyuki. Even with Nobuhiko's passing, we managed to keep this family together. Now, it's time for me to face another challenge."

Nobuyuki: "That's rather dramatic. What do you mean?"

Hiroyuki: "I am diagnosed with Leukemia. This is by far the greatest challenge of my life, and I might not be able to make it...

End of Page 6

8697178583_07222f32cc_c.jpg

Page 7 - Under The Radar

Nobuyuki: "What!? Why did you say this just now!?"

Kyoko: "Your father has been easily getting tired recently, and we decided to go to a hospital. And this is what I've feared the worst..."

Hiroyuki: "I'm sorry... I should not let this expedition stop just because of me."

Nobuyuki: "You will live to race the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I can tell it."

Hiroyuki: "I have arranged for a schedule of a bone marrow transplant. I hope it goes well. I leave it all to fate... It will decide whether I live or die."

Nobuyuki: "No! Don't say that!"

We arrived in Italy at sundown. Man, that was a really long drive. It's 8 pm and we need to stop. And the Countach needs another fill at the petrol station.

9156794255_6e14ca32b1_c.jpg

Takanori: "I've passed by at this route before, so there should be an inn with a gas station nearby."

9159018530_88a2f998a0_c.jpg

Takuma: "Rome is still a bit far off. But yeah, let's stop in an inn. And this bull is running dry."

9156793663_63532b643d_c.jpg

9159017628_4038445cb8_c.jpg

Voila! We found it. And Nigel is waiting for us, as it turns out. After filling the Countach, we checked-in and stayed for the night.

Takanori helps Nigel on charging himself in the room.

Takanori: "There you go! You're plugged. Man, you're like a giant mobile phone!"

Nigel: "My batteries can run up to 10 hours depending on how much functions I have performed. Please rest properly, Takanori-san, Takuma-san. Have a pleasant night."

As Nigel shuts himself down and charges up, Takanori and I hop on to our beds. I'm sure he's eager to listen to the origin's of Ben's Proteges.

Takanori: "So, tell me more about that organization."

Takuma: "Do your really have to know about it?"

Takanori: "It's been disbanded, so I think there should be a reason for you to tell it."

Takuma: "Oh well... Ben's Proteges... or The Proteges, is an underground racing team, really. It's not a racing team recognized by FIA. In short, I used to race under the radar. Otousan wanted that."

Takanori: "Yeah... I haven't heard of that group until now."

Takuma: "Our goal was simply break all the racing records all around the world. It can be legit, but how we do it is not. You see, the members, except me, came from different racing teams around the world. Otousan sought them out, without even breaking off their contracts. Hence, some of them faced charges of insubordination from their former teams."

Takanori: "So in short, Ben-san pirated them."

Takuma: "He saw potential to them, that he offered them very promising opportunities. The bad stuff is, that we unexpectedly show up in major races around the world, beating those legit teams. We're like pirates taking away the goods from other ships. And we are all wearing black race suits driving cars that exceed the required specifications."

Takanori: "No wonder you are given the moniker The Black Stig."

Takuma: "I am not really the Black Stig. I was given the codename The Black Dragon, knowing where I came from, of course."

Takanori: "So, why were you disbanded, then?"

Takuma: "Otousan realized the error of his ways. Knowing that the world wants him, he decided to disband the group, taking me away with him obviously being his adopted son."

Takanori: "I know Ben-san was such an honorable man. I'm sure he realized that mistake beforehand."

Takuma: "I wasn't able to tell the story because I can't insult him like this. But I have a feeling that I must end this once and for all."

Takanori: "Why?"

Takuma: "I have heard both from Takuma Sato and Sayuki that the high-ranked members have regrouped and are still operating under the radar. It seems that they are now on the move, knowing that Juan showed up."

Takanori: "Who are they?"

Takuma: "I have known 3 highly-skilled members who are possibly be responsible of reviving the organization. Each of them have their own crew."

9159020516_9b1ed03c03_c.jpg

Takuma: "Yamamoto Motoki, once a close friend of mine. He is focusing on the Super GT races. He was once called The Shadow, since he is known for sticking around his opponents to pressure them."

9156795939_c68a36c191_c.jpg

Takuma: "Boris Kirsch, known as The Schwarzwald. He likes to create confusion among his opponents and wait for them to make a mistake. Otousan favored him so much that he was actually my partner in some races. Though we had an animosity towards each other. He is said to race in Le Mans."

9159019264_5a70ed984c_c.jpg

Takuma: "And Tyler Moss, the Rotweiler. He is notable for his aggressive style and fondness for dogs. He is the stalwart of the American Tuner scene. Those three, I have competed against them, as part of Otousan's training regimen. I have beaten them and they have created a grudge against me. Weirdly, they also respected me."

Takanori: "What about Juan?"

Takuma: "He was a scout. He analyzes our opponents and give data that we can use against them. Now that he is out and about, I can safely assume...

...that the organization is on the move. THEY... WANT... ME."

End of Page 7

Page 8 - Flicker

The next morning, I headed to a small restaurant at that inn. I grabbed some bread and some butter and jam to top them up. I found Takanori and joined him at the table. What a miracle, he woke up early. Well, a bit earlier than me...

Takanori: "Good morning!!! And I thought you're an early bird."

Takuma: "No one's perfect, dummy. We'll be checking out after breakfast, and..."

I looked around. Surprise surprise... Juan is also here. Well, this is the last leg, and we better rest up for it.

Juan: "What a wonderful surprise, you checked-in here too."

Takuma: "The goal is near. Let's say we commence on the bet, shall we?"

Juan: "As soon as I check out, I shall be off, going all-out."

Takuma: "Pretty nice start. Okay... go ahead. Takanori and I just have to load the car up."

Sounds like a challenge. It seems that he had filled his car with his luggage.

After eating, we returned to the room and stormed out quickly with our stuff. We checked out, and I already hear Juan's 512BB setting off.

Takuma: "Hurry up, idiot!"

Takanori: "Okay, okay!"

Let the chase begin.

9164678117_e5b08c69ff_c.jpg

9164677869_82fc7bf5de_c.jpg

Juan: "You think you can keep up? Good luck. I am expecting that!"

Takuma: "Ugh... the Countach's tall gearing does not suit this twisty road."

9166900594_9a73c63859_c.jpg

Takuma: "But he's a sucker behind the wheel of that Ferrari. Poor car..."

9166900064_25a0743b2e_c.jpg

Takanori: "We're gaining on him."

Takuma: "Ferraris are for those losers who want an easy chick magnet. Lamborghinis, on the other hand..."

I changed gear with that heavy stick shift and I am at full throttle. Let's go, Raging Bull!!!

Takuma: "...are Rodeos that only the hardcore can ride on!"

9164676923_3f9d7d299a_c.jpg

Juan: "As expected from an S-Rank FIA Racer."

9164676551_7603f72c48_c.jpg

Hah! You braked too early here! In fact you don't slow down at all at this type of corner! I know the roads of Europe more than you do!

9164676077_789fb49e71_c.jpg

Juan: "Perfect... time to get to work then. What the???"

9164675439_a9f2e18aee_c.jpg

Juan: "He has no fear!!! He takes on the corners as if he's on a race track!"

9166897946_f5a8347ca1_c.jpg

Juan: "He's like teleporting through the corners! My eyes can't keep up!"

9164674545_dea37d9355_c.jpg

Juan: "He's too far! I can't analyze him!"

9164674375_eb6dabdf76_c.jpg

Juan: "The Countach is flickering at the corners! I thought it's just a straightaway performer!"

9166897236_9e5ba04766_c.jpg

9164673811_3b97d36da1_c.jpg

Takuma: "Can't keep up? How ironic... the 512BB has shorter gearing and admittedly easier to drive than the Countach, so it should have no problems in the twists and turns."

9164673751_461f19bdcf_c.jpg

9166896464_e5f6b95f1a_c.jpg

9164673025_a5c2371c6e_c.jpg

9166895864_e851c3c76b_c.jpg

Juan: "Unbelievable! He's just... gone."

Where's your fighting spirit now, Juan? Oh... and have you analyzed thoroughly? I thought that's your specialty.

End of Page 8

9167136040_644a60a26b_c.jpg

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Another Initial D 5th Stage battle reference is noticeable in this page.

- Chapter 2 coming soon.

Page 9 - A Special Gallardo

At noon time, we finally entered Rome. Nigel gave us the directions as to where the goal exactly is. To back it up, he is actually there, giving off a signal in which we can detect through my smartphone.

9174312180_c0122b98a6_c.jpg

Takanori: "Push, push! We are almost there!"

Takuma: "I'm surprised you did not sing this time."

Takanori: "I'm saving it for the Le Mans."

Takuma: "I don't know... I find your career confusing. Lead singer or Race Car Driver?"

Takanori: "Can't it be both?"

Takuma: "Dummy... it has to be one."

9172089771_1af198d675_c.jpg

Takanori: "My smartphone tells us to turn right."

9174311908_1a47d17415_c.jpg

I am seeing a crowd. So we are at the goal... I showed them off with a little drift for them to be impressed.

9174311790_ed2a8ae9d4_c.jpg

9174311640_efa8571f7d_c.jpg

Nigel: "We did it! We won!"

As the two of us get out of the car, confetti is on us... everywhere. I am used to that, anyway. One of Lamborghini's executives witness this and congratulated us. He is so grateful for our victory, and I say that I am proudly representing them throughout the race.

9174311506_2ce10e8b6c_c.jpg

Good boy, my raging bull... Good boy. I wish your true owner is alive to see this... I bet you will be much happier.

We received a lot of money as a reward for the event, along with the sponsorship reward fee that Lamborghini rewarded us. Now, we are resting at a hotel nearby.

Nigel: "Oh, I almost forgot. The Lamborghini executive told me that you are invited to the 50th Anniversary meeting two days from now, Takuma-san. They have a surprise for you. Oh... you gotta wear your race suit. Plus, knowing your agility, you are invited to the bullfighting ring as well, for the exhibition."

Takanori: "Bullfighting??? Oh dear..."

Takuma: "Relax. I have forced a lot of angry bulls to submission. Lamborghini's peeps won't let me do that if I have no experience in bullfighting."

Takanori: "So, I am expecting to see cartwheels and somersaults? Oh, I gotta watch!"

Two days later, and I am at a closed plaza. I am holding a red cape. And I'm in a race suit. Normally, one should wear the Matador's attire for the occasion. People are watching...

...after a brief silence, the organizers took out the cage with the bull in it. The bull is large, and it looks like it can kill me once it charges straight at me.

Takanori: "That is one big, raging bull! Careful, Aniki!!!"

Nigel: "Fighting Bulls are capable of killing a person. Especially that big one, when it is captive. They are aggressive once they are caged."

Then the bull is out. I have started to tease it by wiggling the red cape.

Come on, big boy! I am in a mood for one, big, juicy, medium rare steak!

And it charges fast! As soon as it is on me, I immediately perform a somersault. I take a nice, good look at the bull as I hover above it. I landed rather gracefully.

Takuma: "Come on, big boy!"

The angry bull mooed at me. Awwwww.... I vigorously moved the red cape.

Takuma: "Come on! Have me!"

Another charge. Too slow, big bull... too slow! I performed another somersault. This time, I landed on the bull and sat on it. It's trying to take me out. But sorry... You just can't. And then... the bull just lied down in submission.

Takanori: "I wish I can do that..."

Nigel: "You are a Ninjutsu practitioner, right? You have the capabilities, according to your physiological data."

Takanori: "I'm out of practice for that."

The organizers returned the bull to its cage, and the spectators applaud for my performance. Then I see a smoke in front of me. I hear a roar...

a V10 roar. It's obviously a Gallardo. It approaches me...

9174312824_57864bc519_c.jpg

9172090281_5e21ed7eca_c.jpg

I am giving it a good stare. Gallardos are just mean, you know? Admittedly, I would own one rather than a V12 Lambo since it's more practical....

...and easy to park.

9172090029_916df2bfb8_c.jpg

The driver gets out of the car and hands me over the key.

Announcer: "As our thanks for your loyalty to the brand, and to kick off the start of our 50th Anniversary celebration, we are proud to give you...

...the Lamborghini Gallardo LP600-2 Edizione Takuma!"

End of Page 9

9174580888_62f033cbe2_c.jpg

AUTHOR'S NOTES:

- Tuning specs of the LP600-2 to be posted in the next page.

Weird to have Takuma moo on the last pic. :lol:

I'm in the process of writing my own fan-fic, but I'm saving it for GT6.

I'd continue one of my old stories, but it doesn't seem to match my present writing style.

Plus, I've lost all images to my old stories. :lol:

Nice way to end it all. Just a small wonder: what's the specs of the Ford GT that beat this Gallardo in the Samui course? If it's stock... then we have quite the margin.

Also, i need a bit of help with the circumstances of my crossover. Not online help, just a few facts needing filled.

Nice way to end it all. Just a small wonder: what's the specs of the Ford GT that beat this Gallardo in the Samui course? If it's stock... then we have quite the margin.

Also, i need a bit of help with the circumstances of my crossover. Not online help, just a few facts needing filled.

The Ford GT is stock. That car has better handling compared to the Gallardo's. But then, I altered a bit of the LSD and suspension. So, I might try those two cars again.

As for the crossover, send me a PM of the scenario.

Back