Dream Alliance Sidestories - Takanori's Unicorn

Page 13 - Absolute Power

This is it... the final leg. I am now facing Boris once again... For this moment in time, I shall use that opportunity to teach him a lesson.

Come on! Let's do this! It's all or nothing!

9529689110_d274ebcc28_c.jpg

9529689058_4eea5d6c70_c.jpg

Boris: "Why, Takuma? Why?"

9526902375_f1aa0899c3_c.jpg

Boris: "Why have you gotten strayed from the flock? Your parents abandoned you too, right? I never relied on anyone in life because...

...they never relied on me, either."

9529688894_4b3a3c113d_c.jpg

Boris: "I ran away from home... and found Sir Ben. He also acted as my father figure, but due to his harshness, I never felt... love. It's weird, but I got some sense of attachment from him. I have realized all along, that you can't count on anyone. You survive the harsh reality of life all by yourself. The reason we were partners back then, is because we share the same ideals."

9529688916_2b3fa5a9e2_c.jpg

Boris: "Where I am right now, is all because of all of my efforts. No one acknowledged me, not even Sir Ben. He looked up to you highly, mainly because you are his adopted son. Then you both ran away... I was crushed. The person I relied all along, YOU TOOK HIM AWAY FROM ME! And because of that, I have strongly cling on myself from that point on."

9529688734_c30b58bb88_c.jpg

Boris... you are never alone. Yet you don't realize it. There are still people helping you out despite your outlook on life. Look at your team, don't you think that they are helping you out? Because all they want is to win! Even at this moment, you don't realize it?

9526902107_814791471b_c.jpg

As usual, his Mercedes pulls away with power. That car is a nice example of his ideals. Yet I can tell that it wants to teach him a lesson too.

9526901729_c6163d43bb_c.jpg

Boris: "Once we start another lap, I shall show you what true power is. What you should have held on to from the very beginning. You made a mistake. YOU SHALL FAIL."

9526901687_8bf7536024_c.jpg

Whoa, what's that? The C9 instantly pulls away at the beginning of the Hunaudieres Straight! It's not like that a while ago!

Nigel: "I have detected a power surge from the C9! Please be on guard!"

9529688168_6fc91e6aec_c.jpg

Sayuki: "Don't tell me... Takuma! Listen! Boris used a Turbo Boost system which is an illegal modification! It's hard even for the FIA to detect it on inspection! Boris must have sneaked that part into the engine! It's a small chip, but enables immense surge of power!"

Takuma: "Got it!"

I knew it... he would still be up to no good. But of course, there is a way around it. The chicanes, of course!

End of Page 13

From my story, chapter 2-4.

Lee: "Don't worry. No rush. Also, i brought refills for your GT, since i heard you use Turbo. The cops were all over those streets that day."

Jacob: "What a nasty little device."

Lee: "Don't use, or you die on track. Nasty business.."

I can say Ramlie is the man with wisdom on speed, particularly an illegal chip giving massive boosts of power.

Page 14 - Promise

So, you have a nasty trick under your sleeve, eh? I'm sorry, but Circuit De La Sarthe created those chicanes to make things fair, not only just reduce high speed accidents.

9531368300_9a3537a2b1_c.jpg

9528588807_9a248d3c86_c.jpg

See? With that excess speed you carried, you have to brake earlier and harder for that. The chicanes render your little cheat useless.

Boris: "Those chicanes are nuisances. Still, I can blow away the competition with this little device. Where's the power of teamwork you're talking about, huh?"

9531367698_5a1a9af6e7_c.jpg

I caught him again at the next chicane.

9531369388_42e5c6745f_c.jpg

Boris: "I'm not gonna let you pass! Stay back there!"

9528587947_e41362a608_c.jpg

Crap! I lost balance... he just veered on to the left side so as to let that happen.

On the last part of the straight, however...

9528590107_92faf55f4d_c.jpg

Boris: "How come???"

With the 787B's tall 5th gear, I can keep up via a slipstream at 380 KM/H!

9531366172_86ddb19186_c.jpg

He's using it again. Don't you think it would put a lot of stress on the engine. Even a car knows when and how to give up, you know?

9528586653_0324226829_c.jpg

Shoot!!! I'm too fast to make through the next turn! I'm heading to the sand! That extra speed I gained proved hard for the car to slow down.

9531365570_84b5dbeda8_c.jpg

Dammit!!! I just have a few minutes left! How am I gonna make it??? How am I gonna fulfill my promise to my fans?

Suddenly...

Fly...

To far away from your Earth fly
To feel a new sunrise
Because I can't take this anymore the way you're building me inside
The day for me to live's arrived

That wonderful singing voice... it's TAKANORI!!!

Takanori: "Aniki... I didn't come to see you give up! Get back there and catch him!!!"

Thank you.... thank you very much, Takanori! I know this race won't be enough to repent what I did to you, but...

9528589965_44ff0a5fab_c.jpg

...I have needed you all along. You promised that you would sing, right? You gave me strength to finish this!

9528585905_083b3e8ec0_c.jpg

I am Takuma Kanonji... I SHALL TAKE THE RACING WORLD BY STORM!

End of Page 14

Last edited:
Page 15 - Carrying The Flag

9532039067_82107b620a_c.jpg

Don't be so complacent, Boris. Everything can happen even by a second. For me, there is no gap between us. We are equal in skill.

9532038891_eeb1b1cc7b_c.jpg

9532038643_e84a99b1e4_c.jpg

I don't care how powerful your C9 is. The powers of love and friendship are way more powerful. And through Takanori, I was given more than enough strength to overcome this!

9534822128_60c58bb3cc_c.jpg

There you go...

9532038303_77f0570498_c.jpg

Boris: "Your fighting spirit intrigues me..."

I overtook him and showed my finesse in cornering. Let's start our real duel, Boris!

9534821844_11635a935a_c.jpg

I intended to let off and catch up for a while. But something's wrong in his C9...

9534821738_b062fbe41e_c.jpg

9532037875_4cdc5ebeaa_c.jpg

We're actually head-to-head. Of course! The engine!

Sayuki: "Nigel detected a loss of power from Boris' C9! Get ahead! That illegal modification can kill an engine!"

Takuma: "Got it."

I knew it. Oh well, you can't force the engine to perform beyond its limits. That's why I am against heavy tuning. It all matters in the balance and the driver skill!

9534827732_66d7280f9d_c.jpg

Boris: "The 2nd turbo is completely broken. I used too much of the Boost System! But I cannot let you go away, Takuma!"

We slowed down when we approach the chicane. However...

9532037537_1317338319_c.jpg

Boris: "This is where your dreams shall end! Dreams are useless!"

He performed a pit maneuver on me! Can't you sink any lower!?

9534821146_96f72e9120_c.jpg

I am like playing with the accelerator here! I gotta control the car with it!

9532037285_933d52096a_c.jpg

Whew... that was close! All right... no more Mr. Nice Guy. If we are in a sword fight, I could have decapitated you right now. Using tricks like that is dishonorable in Bushido code!

9534820786_fa3580d54f_c.jpg

Boris: "You just got lucky."

Through slipstream, I managed to overtake him again.

9534820782_113857d907_c.jpg

Boris: "Nein! The engine is losing its power..."

9534820492_871acdb281_c.jpg

I pulled up a bit and when we stared momentarily at each other, I raised my middle finger to him. Hehehehehe...

And with the engine breathing naturally and performing the way it supposed to be, I have no problems getting away. Sorry, turbo engines must be taken care properly. You've got all the power, but you can't force the engine give all the power you want, nor exceed its limits.

9532036773_b222f84e29_c.jpg

Boris: "He's fast through the corners! He just disappeared!"

I can take the corners with little wheelspin. I can manage the oversteer! You think you can control wheelspin in a 900-horsepower car?

9532036559_bc8778e0b4_c.jpg

That's odd... The Mercedes should have been behind me.

Boris: "I can't... the engine's oil and water temperatures are at their worst! Nein!!!"

Takanori: "Aniki! The Mercedes has pulled over to the side and fully stopped! Now give the 787B one last push to victory!"

9534820042_774bd93d9a_c.jpg

Takuma: "Roger, little shrimp!"

9532036367_4cfc1c5965_c.jpg

Thank you, Takanori... you arrived. I needed you all along, you know? See that, Boris? It isn't this car's speed that makes me win. It's the people that care for me!

9534819578_5c6b4019a2_c.jpg

At the Tertre Rouge corner, I briefly showed a thumbs up to Allen Simonsen's memorial. I did it, Allen. Thank you too, for inspiring us.

9534819432_9a57693c1e_c.jpg

And I crossed the finish line! The 24 Hours of Le Mans concluded with my victory! The whole team watching jump for joy as they see me fly by the main straight.

Takanori: "Now that's Takuma Kanonji! He took this race by storm!!!"

We all returned to the pit lane, and then Boris approaches me, pointing his finger at me.

Boris: "You... how could I possibly lose to someone like you!?"

Takuma: "Absolute power corrupts everything, Boris. Even your car taught you a lesson. You wanna know why Sir Ben disbanded our team?"

Boris: "Yes! Why did you take him!?"

Takuma: "It's because he realized he was wrong. He realized the value of teamwork, which he didn't saw within us. We were all bound together by our own selfish ambitions, yet we didn't work together as a team. Instead, we are all hating each other. Don't you think that would be the cause of a downfall!?

You cannot achieve everything in life alone, Boris! Look at those most successful people in the world. They started with a simple dream, yet when they finally own those big companies, THEY ALL WORK AS A TEAM! Each person has a valuable contribution to success.

In the last 24 hours, even your teammates bothered to help you, yet you didn't realize it?"

The Mazda 787B won the 1991 race without any problems simply because the engine is naturally-aspirated. The engine didn't even show wear and tear. Same goes to what happened today. The 787B endured that grueling race, and it wasn't known for speed, either.

Kudos to Mazda for making a wonderful engine.

I hope you would really push through with the next generation RX-7. I will be
the first person to buy it.

So I climbed up the podium and received the gold trophy. And not just that, as confetti fell, I held the flag of Japan behind me, high and proud. I did it not only for my team nor my fans club, but also for my homeland!

After that, I go back to the pit garage. When I saw Takanori, I punched his gut...

Takanori: "Owwww!!!"

And I hugged him in tears...

Takuma: "I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry..."

Takanori: "Hey... don't think of it, okay? We'll always be brothers-in-arms, right? We are twins. Nothing can break our bond."

I grabbed his head and performed a noogie once again.

Takuma: "This is what you get for making me cry!"

Takanori: "AHAHAHAHAHA! Hey, my hair!"

Everyone around me laughed. Oh such a wonderful afternoon...

Thank you all for being in my side even in the most difficult times. This just shows that your loved ones are willing to go to any lengths just to make you go through any form of challenges. This trophy... it's not mine. It's ours.

End of Page 15

Takuma-Sato-Wins-2013-Toyota-Grand-Prix-of-Long-Beach-20130421-1015.jpg

Page 16 - Family Dinner

It's been 2 months after that grueling race. Whew... I'm glad everything is wrapped up. And we all enjoy a nice break after that race.

The Proteges have completely disbanded. Boris is the unluckiest, as he was stripped off his racing license. I feel pity for him, after all I went through the same ordeal as him. Though he deserves that punishment.

I'm happy for Nigel, as he had gained more friends and even a fans club, despite what he is. I hope he continues with his happy and gentle attitude.

Rob and Dennis are making a name for themselves in the British racing scene. I wish them all the best, and speaking of Rob...

As I went home with my beloved family, look what I did once I got there...

9534795197_db64fed7c6_c.jpg

As promised, I bought a MINI Cooper S. And that white color will always remind me of a best friend I met in Europe.

Handsome Rob, as Dennis would call him. Well, you'll also notice a movie reference since my MINI is white.

I am waiting for Little Ben to come out from school. A few more minutes passed and he enters the car in a happy mood.

Takuma: "Someone is so happy today."

Ben: "I got a nice score from my English test."

Takuma: "Good job. And not all Japanese are proficient in it, so study hard on that, okay? You're half-British, so be good at it.

Fasten your seatbelt, as we will head to the grocery at high speed."

And I floored it... That's 267 horsepower!

Ben: "Woah!"

9534795067_2a58909728_c.jpg

Ben: "I'm still bewildered as to why you call this a go-kart."

Takuma: "Because this car has the reflexes of it."

Ben: "Nah... I can beat you with my go-kart."

Takuma: "Oh really??? Let's see about that!"

9537581944_3c508e97d0_c.jpg

We arrived home. And not only the entire family is present, but also the Hiramoto family as well. So I am busy cooking lots and lots of food for the occasion.

9534794749_ba9d0bd68b_c.jpg

Takanori: "How did the tuning go?"

Takuma: "Perfect."

Takanori: "At the end of the day, my Countryman is still better. Because it is more practical!"

Takuma: "Oh please... it shouldn't even be called a MINI. It should be a Biggie, or a MAXI. It isn't a proper MINI!"

Takanori: "But I can bring 2 people comfortably at the back! The hatchback is cramped! You even said that in a review!"

Takuma: "MINIs should be small and darty! Not plump and lazy! That's why it is called MINI!"

Hiroyuki: "Oh dear... those two are bickering again."

Tomoko: "Oh, how I miss those days... You can really tell that they love each other."

Dinner is served! Itadakimasu!

Takanori: "What a large bowl of Sukiyaki!"

Takuma: "Brace yourselves, Takanori will eat the entire bowl."

And everyone laughed. Even little Shin is smiling.

Nobuyuki: "At least we still have the sushi and sashimi platters."

Takanori: "You're always mean...

...and I miss it."

Takuma: "I will kill myself should I ever cry in front of Takanori again. Hah!"

Takanori: "YOU ARE SO MEAN! Haha!"

After dinner, while everyone is having a lovely chat at the living room, Takanori and I are at a balcony, looking at a starry sky.

Takanori: "You know, a lot has happened."

Takuma: "Yeah... but you know, we all conquered those challenges. That's just how strong our bond is."

Takanori: "You know, it doesn't matter if you have top notch racing skills or not. All that matters is that the support of your loved ones. You are never alone, Aniki. Whatever challenge comes to us, we will always conquer them, together!"

Takuma: "You're right. Oh, how's your wound?"

Takanori: "Hey, I'm fine now!"

Takuma: "What broke the brainwashing, was your voice... I heard it. You love me all along. And I can tell that, the moment we got reunited."

And I looked away, as tears are flowing.

Takanori: "Are you crying again? Don't kill yourself!"

Once again, I grabbed his head and do the noogie. That's the extent of love I have for Takanori! I will always be his mean, but loving twin.

Takuma: "Silly idiot!"

Takanori: "Ahahahahaha! My hair! Don't mess it!"

Takuma: "Oh I will!"

What a wonderful night... and what a wonderful way to end this journey to glory. There will be more races to come, but I am well prepared for that, and Takanori and I will always be.

The world shall watch The Kanonji Twins...

The End

SIDESTORIES COMING UP NEXT!​

SIDESTORY​

This part focuses on one-page side stories. You can request on whatever type of car or race I can feature with.

NO HYBRIDS PLEASE. Even if they are the realistic ones. I DON'T DO HYBRIDS.

After all, this is still a Race Report, I just add storytelling to the mix.

Entry 1 - The Real FQ

Time: 12 am
Event: Street Race

9535864061_2cfc7060c7_c.jpg

9538651876_698563aff2_c.jpg

9538651718_7ff332dc2c_c.jpg

9535862601_a4edbbf5f6_c.jpg

9538652790_27038e0fba_c.jpg

9535861753_38f482ab10_c.jpg

9535862421_b16c7b1650_c.jpg

9538649174_34648391df_c.jpg

Time: 10 am, the next day

Good morning, guys! I am here today at Tsukuba Circuit, watching an FIA-sanctioned race for amateur racers.

Dennis Hatch is participating the race, and Rob and I of course support him for this. Dennis is driving a second-hand Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX FQ360 he bought from his homeland.

9535860559_84fdb5a542_c.jpg

Rob: "It's a global tournament for aspiring racers like Dennis. Should he win this, he earns the right to race in higher level races."

Takuma: "I'm sure he can."

Rob: "That Evo is a nice replacement for his FIAT 500. He learned his lesson."

Takuma: "FQ360? I haven't heard of the FQ series of the Evo."

9535860279_8f81de6c3f_c.jpg

Rob: "Mitsubishi dealers across U.K. sell those limited-edition FQ-series Evo models. They are obviously tuned versions of Evos done by Ralliart and some outside tuning companies. Their aim is to improve the performance of the Evo without losing its everyday practical side of it."

Damn... why Mitsubishi here in Japan doesn't sell those? The 280 PS Gentleman's Agreement is long gone! I'm sure these FQ Evos would be a hit here too.

Takuma: "What does FQ mean, by the way?"

Rob: "The F is that vulgar word we all used to say, and Q means Quick. The 360 is the horsepower rating. Well, the FQ models are offered in various horsepower levels. The highest being the FQ400 currently offered in the Evo 10."

Takuma: "Heh... nice naming."

9538650094_d085f319d8_c.jpg

And look at how quick it is. Dennis is clocking in at consistent 1 minute lap times. And his fastest is even at 59.8 seconds!

9535861327_ca4de20d7a_c.jpg

Rob: "Though what he did after buying it is that he took it apart and gave a chassis refresh. And he took out the AYC system in favor of the traditional Center Differential."

Takuma: "I see... Well, even Evo tuners here recommend that modification."

9538646786_cbd8c6cb0c_c.jpg

And Dennis wins the race. No one can beat his lap time, either. And that Evo is still under the tournament's regulations. It still has to be street legal and as a matter of fact, Dennis told me that he drives it everyday.

Rob: "There you go. That little shrimp won the race. The next would be in France. Ugh... I don't like long haul flights."

Man, Rob and I really have a lot in common, eh?

Takuma: "So, you'll be here for a short while, eh?"

Rob: "I would be staying here. Dennis can handle the tournament himself. Besides, I find this country interesting."

Takuma: "Any plans of living here?"

Rob: "I might. Dennis can take care of our mother. She doesn't need me at all. I moved to Swindon with father the moment they got divorced, actually. I still live there even after his death. I'm contemplating on moving out."

Takuma: "You still have a rift with her, huh?"

Rob: "I'll try to mend. But there are times that I don't want to."

Rob, your relationship with Dennis can get strained if you live further away. I'm sure you can mend your relationship with your mother. You have to do this for Dennis...

Time: 10 pm

9538647888_82d8802290_c.jpg

Rob gets out of the car and takes out a cigarette. The wind is not enough to put out the heat of the cigarette. He once again releases some smoke rings from his mouth.

Rob: "Evos of today have gotten softer. This Evo VI is the last of the proper Lan-Evo. This has proper boy racer genes. THIS MUST BE CALLED THE REAL FQ!!!

Someday, we will race, Takuma. I shall use this when that happens. I am always itching to race you!

Come, my Japanese counterpart!"

The Real FQ - End

Last edited:
Ohh, I can request?

Here's my precious 500PP FD. :D

I think I raced you with it when it was silver.

Sure, I have a 500PP FD too. It's dressed to look like this, though...

1185239_10201640202150333_1803878686_n.jpg

It would appear in a Rotary Fans Club meeting in an episode of Takuma's motoring show he's hosting in.

Sure, I have a 500PP FD too. It's dressed to look like this, though...

It would appear in a Rotary Fans Club meeting in an episode of Takuma's motoring show he's hosting in.

Cool! I'll set the car on share tomorrow if you need it. 👍

Seeing all the FDs in the 500pp zone, it made me worry a bit.

Ayumi's RX-7 is limited to 530pp, as i added a turbo during the course of my fiction. It's guaranteed fun though, in my hands.

And with requests.. how about cars that are owned by characters?

Don't worry, the Rotaries can exceed 500PP. Takuma shall test different tunes of the RX-7 and RX-8. Of course, his RE Amemiya FD shall be there too, as the benchmark.

Tomorrow though, the Sidestory page will be:

Admiration

Which is all about...

...Tomoko Kanonji's secret admirer from her racing days.

Looking to be an interesting entry.

And I've already requested a few, but since i realized most of them aren't really about racing, I'm really at a bind for choice. I think I'll hand you:

Nuumlrburgring24h_10.jpg

This is from my fiction, but it can relate with Hiroyuki's McLaren. Maybe a story on how he got along with one legendary, while demanding hypercar?

Entry 2 - Admiration

Konbanwa, minna! Or should I say, Good Evening!

Whew... Takanori and I just finished getting all the raw ingredients for the Mochi. And the MINI Cooper S proved to be practical as well!

Simple. I removed the rear seats to reduce weight and replaced them with a reinforcement bar. Not only they do reduce weight and add some rigidity, but also it makes room for more groceries, and even the bulk ingredients for Mochi!

9545710898_edcb5fb8d4_c.jpg

Both of us carry a heavy sack of sugar and passed through the house instead. Since the house and the shop are just beside each other, we use the former to stock some ingredients as well, and the back kitchen serves as a link between the two places.

Whew! A work out at evening is a bonus.

Takanori: "Damn, this is a workout!"

Takuma: "I told you that my MINI has a practical side."

Takanori: "But you sacrificed the rear seats! How come that's practical? Well, I can see that you can't seat two people at the back, so..."

Takuma: "What I did serves as a double purpose. Enough blabbering on how great your Countryman is which is not a proper MINI at all."

Both of us then checked on Okaasan. She's been having a nice chat on each and every customer while they wait on their orders to arrive.

It's always like that in the shop. I love it. I love seeing Okaasan happy. But being separate from her for over 20 years just makes me eager to spend more time with her. That's why I settled down just across the street. Kinda odd, if you must say, but that's how I want to be close with her.

I left her with Takanori and I had a nice dinner with my family. Though I noticed someone, a familiar face in the shop. That man comes in regularly, sometimes even daily! That's great since he buys which helps our business. But there are times that he does not take off his eyes at Okaasan...

Creepy...

So the next day, at 7 am. I am actually in a hurry for work. It's another taping for an episode of a motoring show I host in with Takanori and Nobuyuki. As I am heading in to the car, I saw that man again! The shop is just about to open, you know? What adds to my suspicion is that he is just as old as my mother is.

Enough of looking at him! I am late for work! I have also traffic jams to deal with!

Time: 12 pm

Tomoko is still entertaining her customers, while the man is still on his seat. Then Tomoko approaches the man as the customers have all sat and there's currently no line.

Tomoko: "You seem to be visiting this shop more frequently. What's your name?"

"I am Minato Shiba. I love eating your products, you know?"

Tomoko: "Oh... Thank you very much for your patronage."

The man is getting something in his pocket, with his hands shaking.

Minato: "And... remember this photo?"

It's a photo of him with Tomoko in her racing days.

Tomoko: "Oh such a nice photo. I'm glad you still keep it. I take it that you are a fan, no?"

Minato: "I am your biggest fan! Whenever I see that graceful navy blue hair, you remind me of your grace whenever you compete in races."

Tomoko: "Oh, you're flattering me..."

Minato: "No! You truly are the most beautiful woman in racing. Even it's been decades... you still have that beauty and charm.

I... have..."

Tomoko: "What is it? Go on, just tell it."

Minato: "I want to see you drive for one last time. You see, I will be moving out of Tokyo and will retire in Fukuoka. I want to remember it forever... before I die."

Tomoko: "Don't say such things! Life is wonderful. Come, I shall grant your request."

Minato: "But... your Stratos..."

Tomoko: "My twins have restored it. I miss it so much and I just had fun running it last week. Come!"

And the two head off to an unknown location...

Okay... it's been a nice lunch break with my co-hosts. We share the the plans on the next episode.

Takuma: "Ugh... I'm going to review a Ferrari. Can we switch segments, Nobuyuki?"

Nobuyuki: "I will review the new BMW 4 Series. You do it! Ferraris are nice! I drove Little Nobu's F40 once, and it felt great! Though it's currently going on restoration on Kaido-san's shop."

Takanori: "Well, I am doing a segment wherein I am replying a viewer's letter asking for the best used sports car under 3 million yen. Good luck on Ferraris!"

Takuma: "Oh... you will like the next segment to be thrown at you. It's a shootout! C7 CORVETTE versus its American muscle car rivals!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

And then Takanori runs to the corner... sitting in a fetal position. Hehehehehe... serves him right.

Takanori: "Co... Co... Corvette... Corvette...."

Nobuyuki: "Is he always like that? You are a mean twin."

Takuma: "He can overcome it. The C7 Corvette feels so much fun to drive, you know?"

Suddenly, my wife calls me. Something urgent?

Takuma: "Hello?"

Kokoro: "I can't find your mother! When I entered the shop, the employees told me that she left with a man with her Lancia Stratos! I have been calling her, but she does not answer her phone!"

Takuma: "What!? Okay, I'll be on it. The shop can run even without her, but I'll look for her!"

I immediately head out of the studio just before the taping starts. I told the director that I'll be punching out. It's an emergency!

Takanori: "Hey! Where are you going!?"

Takuma: "Mom is missing!"

Takanori: "What the!? I'm coming!!!"

So the two of us hurriedly get out of the building. Good luck, Nobuyuki...

Nobuyuki: "So I'm all alone? Man..."

Time: 2 pm

9542921063_46942d7f74_c.jpg

Tomoko: "A fun run, eh? No worries. I can still grant your request."

Minato: "But those are supercars!"

Tomoko: "Don't worry... this Stratos is a giant killer, right?"

9542920857_0ac90b235c_c.jpg

Minato: "The way you shift gears, and your footwork... they are all graceful! Yet you can control this demanding car!"

9542920635_baf5ff25af_c.jpg

9545709966_ca386b0b10_c.jpg

Tomoko: "GT-R? Not a problem... I sometimes wonder what happened with today's supercars. They lack the grace and passion found in the supercars I have known in the past..."

9545709754_2e376e25f5_c.jpg

9542920045_6e2050194f_c.jpg

Tomoko: "Isn't that the 50 million Yen Lexus LFA? Kinda ridiculous, if you ask me."

9542919867_cc0e18b7e3_c.jpg

Minato: "You haven't lost your touch... that's what I like so much about you. It's not just in Mochi-making, but also in racing skills."

9542919675_e0129a251a_c.jpg

Minato: "You know..."

Tomoko: "What is it?"

Minato: "I have always admired you, from the moment I saw you first. I was so happy when we both had a picture together. My feelings have risen so much...

...to the point of... love."

Tomoko: "Awwwww.... but you are so sweet, you know? You remind me of my late husband. Silent, but always so gentle. I am so happy that there are still men like you. You are not just a fan, but you are also a real man. Don't be so shy on your feelings, okay? That's also what I told to my husband when we were dating."

9545708960_e628317186_c.jpg

Minato: "Thank you... thank you very much for this moment! I shall cherish this forever! I will always remember you, Kanonji Tomoko-san..."

We looked for her in the entire city, but no signs of her, nor her Stratos.

We rest by returning to the Mochi Shop. Damn... I'm so worried. I cannot let go of my Mom... 20 years of separation is just awful! I cannot let anything bad happen to her!

After an hour of serving the customers, Takanori and I have another try. But as we are about to leave, Mom just arrived. Whew... I'm glad she's fine...

Takuma: "Mom? Where have you been?"

Tomoko: "Just making a fan happy. And then I dropped him off at his home."

Takuma: "You could just leave a message in the store, you know!? Everyone is worried! I cannot lose you again!"

I hugged her tightly. Mom... you are one of my most precious persons in the world. I cannot afford losing you again.

Tomoko: "Don't worry, sweetie! We live across each other, right? And I love how I've seen you grow. I am so happy that Sir Ben raised my son into a very responsible and kind person. Also, I love your navy blue hair too. Don't change its color, okay?"

Takuma: "I won't! Just don't make us worry next time, okay? We're just a phone call away!"

Whew... so that wraps it up. What a long day... Well, time to face the next one! I left so many work from the office. And Nobuyuki will throw a lot of work at me tomorrow, as his retaliation. Hehehehehehe...

Admiration - End

Awesome page! 👍

I've set my FD on share. It's tuned for Sports Hard tires, but will run excellently on Sports Softs. 👍

Last edited:
If you're not smiling after that, you're a monster, that's what. 👍

Ayumi's RX-7 is already up for some time. It's made for touge style sports softs. It caters to me very well, but it might be different, hmm? And i wonder what's next?

EDIT: Reread a bit. Seeing the little bullying, I just had to push for this:

- Takanori gets recurring nightmares on the Chevy Corvette, and gets therapy in the form of 'advice' from masterful Corvette driver Keith Ross.

Last edited:
Entry 3 - Motoring Weekly

Hey, we are all set! The director is ordering us to sit on the sofas in the studio! Double time!

Whenever we have a break from racing, this is our 2nd job. Me, Takanori, and Nobuyuki are hosts of Motoring Weekly. As the title suggests, the episodes are aired weekly showing different segments of motoring ranging from new car reviews, race highlights, and even used car buying tips. Today, it's Takanori's turn, and I am waiting for that big screen to show the segment he filmed during the past week.

Director: "Okay, 3... 2.. 1... Action!"

Takanori: "Good morning, everyone! Welcome to Motoring Weekly!"

As custom dictates, the three of us stand up and bow in front of the camera as our names flashed on the screen.

Takanori: "Today, I have a letter with me! And it's written by one of our viewers. Let me read this.

Dear Motoring Weekly,

I am one of your avid fans of this show. I wish you all the best. I hope you can read this, because I am stuck in buying a sports car. I own an everyday car to commute me from home to work, vice versa. However, thanks to your racing exploits, I also want to try out in weekly track days in various circuits around Japan.

My dilemma is that I can't find a proper sports car under 3 million Yen. I have saved up that kind of money for years since I do intend to let off some steam in one of those. Also, I do prefer a car that has aftermarket and accessory support. Can you help me?

Thanking you in advance,
Tatsunari Kawabata

Well, you seem to have a lot of money there, Kawabata-san! Consider yourself lucky to have saved that much despite our country's economy and increasing prices. Don't worry though, I have filmed this segment for you and I have received this letter just last week. I have already found 3 cars, and I hope this would be a helpful tip for you."

Director: "And cut! Okay, roll the review!"

And so the review is here. The three of us just watch... I'm even curious.

Takanori: "Kawabata-san, I am currently here at the recently refurbished Ibaraki circuit, in... well, Ibaraki prefecture! This has been abandoned for quite some time, until a new owner decided to re-open and refurbish this track. Today, this track is closed all for you. So, I have gathered three cars here, based on your budget and performance levels. We also took into consideration the mileage and the reliability as well. So, without further adieu, I shall take the covers off!"

9544891755_a8ef520aab_c.jpg

Takanori: "First, is the Mazda RX-8. This cost just 2.2 million Yen now. Brand new, it started at 3.5 million.

9547680642_c196847b95_c.jpg

Takanori: "Second, is this Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero. It's hard to find now, as most Silvia S15s in the used car market are Spec-S models. This costs just 1.8 million Yen. Pretty much a bargain for something hard to find."

9547680300_92d93845b2_c.jpg

Takanori: "And last, but definitely, not the least, is this Audi TT 3.2 quattro. This is quite a bargain for a German sports car, as this now costs just 2.9 million Yen! With all the three being introduced, let's start first with the Audi. I shall also record a lap time for your reference as well."

So the next clip shifts into Takanori driving the Audi. An Audi under 3 million Yen? Quite a steal, I must say...

9544889861_cac19a7d7a_c.jpg

Takanori: "You might be surprised that this Audi fell into your budget range, Kawabata-san. But here's good news. This is a sophisticated and dedicated German engineering you can get for less! I got here some soft touch materials here on the dashboard that give you a sense of luxury as you get in. And these are paddle shifts, hence this car is equipped with a quick-shifting 6-speed double clutch gearbox.

The ride is smooth, which is expected from a car like this. So, will the smooth ride compromise the handling?"

9544889751_08494cdf96_c.jpg

Takanori: "No it didn't! After all, this car is equipped with Audi's legendary Quattro 4WD system! You get this sharp steering, but a sense of security and stability through the turns. It feels neutral here in this corner, and thanks to the gearbox, I can also get out of corners faster and accelerate faster too."

9544888867_e307049026_c.jpg

Takanori: "The engine? This car has the 3.2 liter naturally-aspirated V6 producing 250 horsepower. Actually the three cars in this test produce the same amount of power. However, this engine would respond to your inputs nicely. 0-100 kilometers per hour is possible in 6 seconds thanks to this dual clutch gearbox."

9547677758_0f2b5fea70_c.jpg

Takanori: "Oops... understeer! This is to be expected on a 4WD car."

9544887717_5c9695346f_c.jpg

Takanori: "Okay, according to the stopwatch, I recorded a 1 minute and 59.7 second lap time. Now, let me tell you the things you should watch out for, since this is a used car.

This soft-touch materials here? Better check them for scratches. You don't want to re-upholster the entire interior, do you? I still prefer substance over style. So hard plastics normally found in cheaper cars are much better.

Second, make sure this gearbox works properly. As far as I know, Volkswagen, the parent company of Audi, organized a massive recall on all DSG-equipped vehicles, as they fail to shift, and break easily. And this gearbox would cost you a pretty penny to replace it. Better find a manual transmission-equipped model, as it is cheaper and more engaging.

Third, these back seats are utterly useless and even children might struggle to sit there. Well, to redeem itself, you can put some more items there if you want, in case the trunk is full.

And with a spare 100,000 Yen, it won't be enough to purchase the accessories you want for this car. It's up to you, though, if you want to keep it stock."

Next, Takanori goes to the Mazda. I wonder what he would say? I find RX-8s fine for me...

9547677220_c3f6b28562_c.jpg

Takanori: "The Mazda RX-8. You would definitely stand out with this car. The suicide doors, head-turning styling, and the Rotary engine would make you set apart from other sports cars.

In this straight though, I find it hard to detect 250 horsepower here. See? This is the drawback of a Rotary engine. This engine has a narrow torque band, and you can only feel its grunt on high rpms. This is not good should you flail at the corner exits. Sorry, Aniki... I got to be honest."

9544887411_7b5a19c6c7_c.jpg

Takanori: "However, this is where the RX-8 compensates. The cornering abilities of this car are just godlike. Thanks to the 50:50 weight distribution and lower center of gravity, you can take the corners with ease! And you don't get snap oversteer and wheelspin since the engine lacks torque at low rpm ranges. Hence you can keep your foot planted on the accelerator."

9547676802_7a59e882e2_c.jpg

Takanori: "The engine is so smooth, that this car is equipped with a rev indicator. You will hear a beep once the engine reaches its redline, telling you to change gear. It's been equipped in its predecessors too."

9544886945_58d3ff43af_c.jpg

Takanori: "I have no problems in stability at all. This weight distribution is something that even supercar makers struggle to reach."

9544886895_b56e3f79e7_c.jpg

Takanori: "1 minute and 57 seconds dead. Wow! 2 seconds faster! But before you will spend that 3 million, allow me to warn you some negatives for this car.

These suicide doors, they might be cool, but entering the back is just a chore. And with the lack of a B-pillar, safety is a major issue. The back seats are cramped for legroom too, but this car's headroom is way better than the Audi's.

And as for aftermarket support, this car is being criticized for the lack of it. Tuning parts for the RX-8 are a handful. Hence some owners would even go as far swapping the engine, ranging from the RX-7's 13B twin turbo engine or the peripheral, custom-built 3 rotor engine from RE Amemiya. So, maybe that spare 800,000 Yen could be enough for you to buy accessories or not, depending on your preferences.

Let's move on to the Nissan Silvia S15."

9544886541_fcbbbf5a76_c.jpg

Takanori: "Now, this is something you would feel that you are driving over 250 horsepower here. Thanks to a turbo, you get a boost ahead as you exit the corner. I like this boost gauge located at the driver's A-pillar."

9544886447_cbbb4aaaca_c.jpg

Takanori: "Woah... some understeer here. This car is not as composed as the RX-8, nor as secure as the Audi TT. I have to feather in the throttle to avoid some wheelspin."

9544886205_7724f79c01_c.jpg

Takanori: "It rolls!!! I can't seem to reach the Apex there..."

9544885915_a1d4ff0716_c.jpg

Takanori: "However, if you steer a bit early and control the throttle, then it corners well. You just need to exert effort in this, which actually makes it more fun."

9544885537_78cea0ab0f_c.jpg

Takanori: "Lap time? 2 minutes dead. Woah... I had high hopes for this car, actually. I'm surprised that it didn't even match the pace of the RX-8.

Now, time for this car to redeem itself. With 1.2 million Yen spare, you can purchase plethora of aftermarket parts for this. The engine is also durable, hence you can put in as much horsepower you want. And this is the cheapest car of the bunch, yet it offers pretty much similar performance levels as the two. You can improve its suspension to make it handle as nicely as the RX-8 and still have money to spare. Quite a bargain! This is also a tuner's favorite toy, mind you.

Well, that pretty much sums up this shootout for today. With all these factors and qualities of each car, I hope these would help you decide on which car to buy. Used sports cars aren't so bad at all. They are making your dreams come true! Just make sure you have to look at them meticulously first, before spending all the hard-earned cash.

Now, back to studio.

What an informative review. Hmmmmm.... well, I've been doing used sports car hunting too. And what Takanori just said is true. I do hope that Kawabata-san decided for a car.

And so, it's LUNCH TIME!!!

Nobuyuki: "Nice review there."

Takanori: "I had high hopes for the Silvia, actually. I'm just surprised..."

Takuma: "At the end of the day though, Rotary still for the win!"

Takanori: "Bah! I don't see RX-8s conquering any type of race."

Takuma: "Oh really??? In a recently concluded Tsukuba Rotary race, a 3 rotor RX-8 not just won, but also set the fastest lap time."

Takanori: "All thanks to the 3 rotor, but how about the ones that kept the original RENESIS engine?"

Takuma: "Whatever, the director gave you the C7 Corvette shootout."

Takanori: "WHAT!? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

And that wraps it up... Oh such a wonderful day. I hope it ends well...

Motoring Weekly - End

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back