Dream Top Gear Line Up

  • Thread starter Thread starter JimmyTheHat
  • 34 comments
  • 2,784 views
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTheHat

(Banned)
Messages
25
United Kingdom
Hampshire
Messages
drmeatdic
x
 
Last edited:
I (and many others) enjoy Clarkson. A lot of people don't because he makes fun of people, if you get offended, grow up.

I don't want anyone to replace Clarkson.
 
I agree with the above.

If he got sacked, Top Gear would finish or go so far down hill it would finish anyway. Some woman compared him to Gaddafi on the news, which I just laughed at.
 
x
 
Last edited:
You're from Texas. Clarkson called you people "fat, bloated and ignorant" and you "enjoy" what he says.

You need to get some self-respect.

No, you need to learn how to see the difference between insulting to offend and insulting to poke fun. It's in his nature to fool about, it's what makes Top Gear fun.

Also, cut out the double and triple posting, it's not going to earn you any favours with the mods.
 
JimmyTheHat
How disappointing. I thought this might be the standard of bull**** replies alright.

Top Gear is not watched all over the world because of Clarkson and his moronic goons.

It is because of the massive budget and amazing cars and challenges. New presenters would take it to a new level.

Personally I would rather watch Brundle and Schumacher racing across the US than Hammond and Clarkson.

Clarkson and his cronies might believe they can't be replaced, but they can and they will.

As Public Enemy once said, "don't believe the hype".

(And as for Clarkson being offensive, I hope his children contract meningitis and die tomorrow.

I'm only joking of course! It's Top Gear!)

JimmyTheHat
Nonsense

You would agree with anything you're fed. You need to establish your own opinions and not be said and lead by others.

JimmyTheHat
You're from Texas. Clarkson called you people "fat, bloated and ignorant" and you "enjoy" what he says.

You need to get some self-respect.

Watch a different show.

Oh, and welcome to GTP, triple posting and ranting is frowned upon.
 
And so is calling other peoples replies BS,



👎

Yup. This is a forum, where people can express their opinions, don't like what you read, don't ask for their opinion by starting the thread. If you view what little opinions that have been expressed here had as 'bull****', it just shows us that you think the opinions of those who don't think the same as you are worthless.
 
The reason why I watch top gear is it's damn funny. Clarkson is one of the main reasons it's funny. If he gets replaced, his replacement better be at least as funny as he is.

If you want a car show there are much better ones around. Top Gear is something else, it's much more focused on entertainment than in car reviews or the like.
 
Dravonic
The reason why I watch top gear is it's damn funny. Clarkson is one of the main reasons it's funny. If he gets replaced, his replacement better be at least as funny as he is.

If you want a car show there are much better ones around. Top Gear is something else, it's much more focused on entertainment than in car reviews or the like.

This. 👍
 
It is because of the massive budget and amazing cars and challenges. New presenters would take it to a new level.

Have you seen the US version of top gear? Same big budget. Not the same results. I've only seen the pilot, but they were a bit too "self congratulatory" for my liking.

Tanner Foust " I found the Dodge a bit of a handful"
Rutledge Wood "(laughs) Really? For you?"

and a third guest presenter, different each week. These might be

Mika Hakkinen
Schumacher
Rob Brydon
etc.
etc.

I do like this idea although I am not aware of Rob Brydon's racing credentials. The likes of Hakkinen and Schumacher (and others in the same league) would be too expensive to have on a weekly basis. And the BBC can't exactly afford to start splashing out money. Top Gear is a huge earner for the BBC, broadcasting in over 100 countries. They wouldn't change a thing for fear of losing a good chunk of the revenue it provides.
 
Last edited:
As an avid viewer of Top Gear for many years, I don't think anyone could fill Jeremy's shoes. He's saying what were all thinking, only he has the guts to say it. He makes the show, it's not all about cars, sometimes it can be harmless fun too.

At the end of the day, that's what it all is, harmless.
 
Is there any group of people Clarkson hasn't made fun of?

If there's one person you shouldn't be offended by, it's Clarkson :lol:
All I know is Top Gear wouldn't be the same without him, same goes for Hammond and May imo.
 
x
 
Last edited:
Clarkson makes Top Gear, it's his show and without him the ratings would take a massive dive, like it or not. I think its ridiculous that he could get fired for making a joke on some other tv show. So much for freedom of speech I guess.


Edit: The current lineup of Top Gear is perfect, why would you want to replace popular and loved car journalists/tv presenters with top level racing drivers? Martin Brundle does an amazing job in F1, but that is where he should stay, and Schumacher would be about as interesting as watching paint dry.
 
Last edited:
Clarkson makes Top Gear, it's his show and without him the ratings would take a massive dive, like it or not. I think its ridiculous that he could get fired for making a joke on some other tv show. So much for freedom of speech I guess.

He's employed by the BBC, the viewers pay his salary. If I made a joke in work that our employers should be shot in front of their families.....to my employers....I would be out the door in seconds.
 
His comments were taken out of context, as usual. If you watched the whole thing it's a dig at the BBC being impartial to everything.
 
x
 
Last edited:
4AQck.gif
 
JimmyTheHat
His comments were not taken out of context, I watched the programme live.

He said that the strike was great because he could drive around London easily as there was less traffic, which is insulting enough to the public sector workers to reduce their protest to that.

Then he said he should give the other side for balance and said they should be shot, "executed in front of their families".

He then complained that they had guaranteed pensions while he had to work.

He is paid over £1,000,000 a year from the (legally-enforceable) BBC Licence Fee.

So many Clarkson fan boys on here, it's pathetic.

I am assuming Gran Turismo's link with Top Gear will be well and truly severed after this latest outburst. I will be contacting Polyphonic Digital to let them know how many complaints have been made about Clarkson here in the UK.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png
 
x
 
Last edited:
I am assuming Gran Turismo's link with Top Gear will be well and truly severed after this latest outburst. I will be contacting Polyphonic Digital to let them know how many complaints have been made about Clarkson here in the UK.

Well, I'm sure that "Polyphonic Digital" will be more than upset about what Clarkson said during The One Show. I mean, it's not like they gave a crap about all of those other questionable comments he has made over the years.


And isn't Top Gear more closely affiliated with Turn 10 than PD now anyway? Either way, I'm pretty certain that both companies could care less about what he said the other day.
 
Last edited:
His comments were not taken out of context, I watched the programme live.

He said that the strike was great because he could drive around London easily as there was less traffic, which is insulting enough to the public sector workers to reduce their protest to that.

Then he said he should give the other side for balance and said they should be shot, "executed in front of their families".

He then complained that they had guaranteed pensions while he had to work.

He is paid over £1,000,000 a year from the (legally-enforceable) BBC Licence Fee.

So many Clarkson fan boys on here, it's pathetic.
Cool story, bro. Wanna tell it again?

I am assuming Gran Turismo's link with Top Gear will be well and truly severed after this latest outburst. I will be contacting Polyphonic Digital to let them know how many complaints have been made about Clarkson here in the UK.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh wait…you're serious! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:!!! Do you honestly, honestly think it'll make a difference?

You've been calling a lot us 'idiots'. Well, tell me. What's more stupid, us telling a foul mouthed irritation to follow the rules that he had agreed to upon joining the site, or the said foul mouthed irritation thinking he can make a difference by contacting a major company regarding a matter that literally 0% of them care about.

Hint, it's the latter.

Clarkson is not funny. He offers no humor (sic)
Yea…he made my entire family spend 3 minutes howling and giggling after his comments on TV, he's brought laughter to 99.999999999999999% of the world (you are in the minority here) who sees the show. Yup, not funny at all. :rolleyes:

And when Clarkson insults, he does it in a way that we know he's just fooling about. When he has a go at China, say, I don't feel the need to lash out and go on a forum asking about what would make the program better and how much I loathe him for saying that, I just dust it off and carry on watching because I know that it was beside his point and that he's only messing around.

Go get a working sense of humour and some manners that aren't on par with that of a drunkard with aggression issues before you come back and make your next post.
 
His comments were not taken out of context, I watched the programme live.

He said that the strike was great because he could drive around London easily as there was less traffic, which is insulting enough to the public sector workers to reduce their protest to that.

Then he said he should give the other side for balance and said they should be shot, "executed in front of their families".

He then complained that they had guaranteed pensions while he had to work.

The presenters then said "Of course, that's just Jeremy Clarkson's opinion" and he said "No it's not - I just gave you two different ones.".

Jeremy Clarkson states outrageous opinions that he doesn't necessarily hold because it gets him attention and attention gets him paid. You seem to have fallen for it and - like 21,000 other complainers - missed the context completely (which is that the BBC is legally required to be balanced and he cannot say anything positive about the strikes without saying something negative).
 
x
 
Last edited:
Jeremy Clarkson fanboys.....how pathetic.

Cool story bro, tell it again. Now, how about just admitting to the fact that you've got nothing to say and that you've lost this. At least leave your car crash of a thread with some dignity, like a man.
 
Well, someone is a little sore that he jumped to conclusions in his haste to rabidly dislike an ultimately pointless attention whore :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back