Drift 19 Looks to Give Gamers an Authentic Drifting Simulator

Working your way from ground up and tuning as well? I might give this one a try.

Looks like a new version of Capcom's "automodellista". Hopefully, players can customise the garages.

I’m not a fan of drifting but having a racing wheel now. I’m definitely interested in trying this since it’s sim and seems interesting. Just like Dakar 18 is different and dirt and wrc.

I'd love a Toreno to drift

fd8c7c44480602b2262a7313d5acac18.jpg

I won't hold my breath for this to turn out well, but I cannot ignore a game with an E30 3-series instead of just the M3!

The quality of the visuals and the inclusion of Ebisu certainly lend it a degree of credence.

Licensed cars? What's the source for that...? I don't believe they got Toyota license.

It was on the Steam page, but it looks like it's been updated. It now just says "iconic drift vehicles". I wonder if something got lost in translation? Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 ran into all sorts of issues going from Polish to English.

Unless it has official D1GP tracks and cars, I don't see how this is going to be any better than all those other cash grab drift games flooding Steam in the last few years. Apart from the customization, there's nothing you can't already do in Assetto with mods.

Unless it has official D1GP tracks and cars, I don't see how this is going to be any better than all those other cash grab drift games flooding Steam in the last few years. Apart from the customization, there's nothing you can't already do in Assetto with mods.

It has, or at least claims to have, Ebisu.

It has, or at least claims to have, Ebisu.

Like I said above, any content this game would have will almost certainly already have a mod version available in Assetto (discounting console version of course). I have all 5 versions of Ebisu in AC already, and the AE86 (3 versions to boot). Physics will almost certainly be worse in this game than AC. So unless the customization is really really mindblowing, it doesn't really have any USP. You might as well buy CarX Drift Racing while you're at it.

The existence of mods in one game on one (expensive and inevitably fussy) platform does not negate the value of anything similar anywhere else. I've been there, done that on relying upon mods for things. Not interested in going back to that, nor to investing in PC gaming again. :indiff:

The existence of mods in one game on one (expensive and inevitably fussy) platform does not negate the value of anything similar anywhere else. I've been there, done that on relying upon mods for things. Not interested in going back to that, nor to investing in PC gaming again. :indiff:

Well it depends how much you're willing to put in. I game on a 4 year old laptop that I also use for work and other things, so it's not expensive by any means since the costs are spread out. In fact I save money compared to consoles because Steam sales are dirt cheap and until I got my PS4 I was still using my 10 year old Logitech G25 to play Assetto. It's only as fussy as you want to be. Steam is literally on click install and play. Modding wise, if you know how to download, unzip and copy paste folders it's pretty much all there is. Sure it's not as plug-and-play as console, but for the small extra step, the possibilities are endless.

I do think some games are better on consoles (arcade racers, and exclusives obviously can be much better optimised). But for proper sims and indies, or games that are open to modifications I would much rather have the flexibility on PC. Another advantage is you carry your game library with you forever. My PS1 and PS3 games are all gathering dust, but if I want I can still play Grand Prix Legends after a session of Assetto Corsa.

At the end of the day, I think PC & console are supplementary to each other, but each to their own 👍 Tying back to this thread, I haven't seen anything from this game that is supplementary to the experience I already have in AC, so I have no need for it (happy to be proven wrong of course, more good games is always good).

So Drift19 became Drift21 and it's releasing today in Early Access on Steam if anyone wants to check it out. I'll probably be getting it later today once I have some gaming time.

And yes, it does have licensed cars including Toyota.

Just heard about it yesterday and after watching a few gameplay videos, it seems pretty cool.
The tracks seem a bit empty and lifeless, but the car building part of the gameplay that's similar to My Summer Car and the nostalgic Street Legal Redline, is definitely very cool and detailed.

I will wait a bit since it's still early access, but will definitely try it out.

Just heard about it yesterday and after watching a few gameplay videos, it seems pretty cool.
The tracks seem a bit empty and lifeless, but the car building part of the gameplay that's similar to My Summer Car and the nostalgic Street Legal Redline, is definitely very cool and detailed.

I will wait a bit since it's still early access, but will definitely try it out.

The tracks are fairly boring and are indeed lifeless. The handling is a bit strange too, but according to people who actually do real-life drifting it's supposedly pretty spot on if you play with a wheel.

The car building is pretty neat and there are a ton of parts available to use. You can even turbo the car if you want too. The tuning is absent at the moment though so you can't adjust ride height, tire pressures, etc. just yet but the dev said that's in the works.

It's a little rough around the edges right now, but I played it for a little over an hour last night and enjoyed it.

Back