Drift Competition Week 59! - 'Threading The Needle' - CLOSED.

• Thread starter GM
  • 80 comments
Trail Mountain
Final Entry​
click to see full size.

Good shot, but there's no 90 degree chicane in Trial Mountain. Try a city track and submit another shot. :)

Originally posted by TrinityJayOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Boy Drifter
HM

This was the shot I was going to use before the theme changed.

You would've got my vote, I like that a lot. Personally I would've given the rear of the car a bit more focus though. Pity about the rear wheel too, interesting hickup on GT4's behalf.

Thanks.

Here is my picture, woohoo! Looks like alot of good photos have been entered. We should do the backfire thing in a later comp, I liked that. I have also attached one of my many backfire pics. Hope you enjoy my pictures and good luck to everyone that enters. :)

Final Entry

Preview

img0082smalloe0.jpg

Honourable Mention: Backfire

Anyone consider this chicane?

I considered the corner before that one. I drifted the one I marked with a blue circle when doing my backfire pictures. Why don't you enter a picture taken on that corner Swift? I would like to see what you come up with. :)

ccx(sorry for pointing it out:scared: {george.can deside if it's ilegile,I may be wrong}) your pic seems to be modified (the lettering?):ouch:
good pic tho. sorry.

I dont understand well, a chicane is not suppose to be a 2 way track going to a one way track at the end of the 90 turn or just a little bit less larger than the enter. I look some photo here and i think some of you dont respect the theme, maybe i dont understand what you mean by chicane?

I dont understand well, a chicane is not suppose to be a 2 way track going to a one way track at the end of the 90 turn or just a little bit less larger than the enter. I look some photo here and i think some of you dont respect the theme, maybe i dont understand what you mean by chicane?

A chicane (originally meaning subterfuge) is a sequence of tight serpentine curves (usually an S-shape curve or a bus stop) in a roadway, used in auto racing and on city streets to slow cars.
(Taken from Wikipedia)

If you don't know what something is or don't understand, try going to Wikipedia. It's a great site with heaps of info on almost anything. Hope that helps HackiRoku. :)

thanks Drift2XS,
I know what you mean now by chicane, in french another definition are given for that.... its kind of bizar. but my photo still allright.:sly:
But few photo here, dont respect the 90 turn conditions anyway....:confused:

as the dead line draws ever nearer i just want to say goodluck to everyone whos entered this week. looks like its going to be the closest ive ever been involved in. so many great entrys so little spaces for them all.......

GOOD LUCK to everyone who gets through. (doubt i'll be up there!!!):sly:

Drift2XS-Which ones are you talking about?

nos2-post#4- this is the the 160 degree #3turn on Hong Kong
Zenki_240SX_S13-post#53-this is the 110 degree turn on Hong Kong
and few other like LGForce on post#56 are pretty hard to judge where he are, i cant make mistake but i think im right...

Back