Drift Envy.

Discussion in 'GT4 Drifting Videos' started by BreakerOhio, Jul 30, 2005.

1. gtsomething

gtsomething

That was a good vid, you could see the attitude in it =D

2. 1989therat

1989therat

I'm very confused at "Captain wannabe"
    Does he seriously think that drift is faster than grip...or that they should even be compared...maybe he's getting drifting confused with power oversteer. Ah well..oh and Breaker the 57meg file isn't working..you can upload it onto my website "located in my sig" I'll give you 100mb of free space for it. If you'd like.

3. sidewayzinCA

sidewayzinCA

wow what a heated thread...damn. i was just wondering what song you used in drift envy.

i also think that when people post they should include song titles. i usually wanna drift to the same music. thx

4. BreakerOhio

BreakerOhio

Super T Vol 1 - Track 03 - Sunrise (GhostChild)

5. Suzuki

Suzuki

WOW ive been gone for 4 days, and as the saying goes, the **** hit the fan. break, id enjoy getting the 57 meg vid, but ill check out the compressed one for now to see how it is.

6. BreakerOhio

BreakerOhio

When I get back in town, next friday. Out of town for two weeks.

7. Ryosuke_Gumna

Ryosuke_Gumna

Great video! Good job DD, control is just too good!

8. Suzuki

Suzuki

sounds good to me.

9. xsquizet-drifte

xsquizet-drifte

hey sorry to bother you but could you reup please

10. Suzuki

Suzuki

yo, get on aim tonight sometime when im not xlinking and ill send it to yah.

11. Droptop_Chick

Droptop_Chick

12. sunce

sunce

wow that was an intresting series of posts
    and hloy crap every time DD makes a video it just makes me want to keep drifting it up
    PIMPS, I TELL YOU.

13. BreakerOhio

BreakerOhio

That's what teammates are for. :) Thanks for reuploading it. I would have done it if I had anytime. Working way too much :(

I've updated the first post with the link you put up.

14. rsmithdrift

rsmithdrift

15. Swift

Swift Staff Emeritus

Ok, uh....hmm. Well, this is not new information by any stretch. And no, drifting is never about speed. No race driver in his right mind would drift every corner. It can be helpful in a battle or specific circumstance(as I said) but it IS slower.

BTW, what you're talking about is more slip angle then drifting. Getting the weight of one of the tires during the corner to take a more optimium line. That's not drifting. Good technique though.

So, you can relax with the preachy attitude.

16. rsmithdrift

rsmithdrift

Yeah, sorry, I get carried away some times. Anyways, I completely forgot to mention that the Drift Envy vid was off the hook!!! Seriously, niiiiiiice vid.

Also, speed drifting may not be the best to look at, or the funnest form of drifting to pull off, but I can put in better lap times with the same car speed drifting, SOME of the corners, NOT ALL. (Lord that wouldn't be fast at all.) Anyways, getting sideways when the car wants to I can put in a scorching lap. And suprisingly, with more consistent lap times. I first started drifting as a racing technique being an advanced form of the "loose is fast" theory, and also to avoid spin outs. I set my cars up to oversteer to the max and it works. The looser you are the faster you go, TO A POINT. And yes I do call being sideways in any way drifting. And yes, I do know the difference between drifting and powersliding. Again, if you're sideways, you're drifting, it may be sh**y style, but it's drifting none the less. End of Discussion.

edit: sorry, I did it again, didn't I?

17. Swift

Swift Staff Emeritus

Yeah, you did. Slow down a bit. It sounds like you've got something good to offer, but you're kinda throwing it out there. Not the best way to get your point across.