Drift Envy.

I'm very confused at "Captain wannabe"
Does he seriously think that drift is faster than grip...or that they should even be compared...maybe he's getting drifting confused with power oversteer. Ah well..oh and Breaker the 57meg file isn't working..you can upload it onto my website "located in my sig" I'll give you 100mb of free space for it. If you'd like.

wow what a heated thread...damn. i was just wondering what song you used in drift envy.

i also think that when people post they should include song titles. i usually wanna drift to the same music. thx

sidewayzinCA
wow what a heated thread...damn. i was just wondering what song you used in drift envy.

i also think that when people post they should include song titles. i usually wanna drift to the same music. thx

Super T Vol 1 - Track 03 - Sunrise (GhostChild)

WOW ive been gone for 4 days, and as the saying goes, the **** hit the fan. break, id enjoy getting the 57 meg vid, but ill check out the compressed one for now to see how it is.

Suzuki
WOW ive been gone for 4 days, and as the saying goes, the **** hit the fan. break, id enjoy getting the 57 meg vid, but ill check out the compressed one for now to see how it is.

When I get back in town, next friday. Out of town for two weeks.

wow that was an intresting series of posts
and hloy crap every time DD makes a video it just makes me want to keep drifting it up
PIMPS, I TELL YOU.

Swift

For now, do the challenge with NK4E. Whether you win or loose, just drop this notion of "Grip vs. Drift” I’m really trying to figure out how it's going to help you remember why you drift. Especially since [SIZE=4][I][COLOR=Red]DRIFTING IS NOT ABOUT SPEED![/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
[/QUOTE]

Correction [B][I]SHOW[/I][/B] DRIFTING IS NOT ABOUT SPEED. Ever heard of Speed Drifting, or Race Drifting as it is sometimes called? Here, I'll quote myself:

[quote=rsmithdrift]I'm ashamed. Am I the only person who know's how to LISTEN to a car? And I don't mean with my ears!! Any time you make the car do something it doesn't want to do it slows it down. Be that getting sideways OR staying straight. SOMETIMES A CAR WANT'S TO GET SIDEWAYS, and if you don't let it, it slows you down. Therefore, I don't differentiate between grip and drift racing. Anytime a car is anywhere near the edge of traction it is drifting, WHETHER YOU'RE SIDEWAYS OR NOT. To "grip" race, you would have to be going so slow that all 4 tires would have 100% traction.

Now don't get me wrong 'cause I know the SPORT of drifting is judged based on angle, speed, and racing line. But the act of sliding a tire can happen at any speed at any angle, even 0 degrees of angle. When I race, I do what the car want's so sometimes I get sideways because that is the fastest way around the turn for that car in that situation. Next time into that turn the car may want to understeer and I let it because that is now the fastest way around the turn. If I wan't to show drift all I have to do is change my driving style and VIOLA!!!!! Sideways all the time and a VERY SLOW lap time.

In conclusion, GRIP VS. DRIFT is an undefined battle. Some cars always want to take turns sideways which would make drifting faster for that car. Other cars always want to slightly understeer which makes drifting VERY, VERY slow for that car. So the challenge is so biased by the car at hand that you can't say that one style is trully faster than the other by running one car with different drivers. Truth is SOMETIMES sideways is faster, SOMETIMES not being sideways is faster. All depends on driving style and car setup.[/quote]

A car and driving style that is indusive to oversteer will make getting sideways the fastest way around a turn with that car. In GT4 most cars want to understeer no matter what unless you show drift, but in REALISTIC GAMES, Like [B]Enthusia Professional Racing[/B] and TOCA 2, some cars like to be sideways and therefore sideways is the fastest way 'round the turn. If you can make a car naturally oversteer in GT4 (hard but not impossible. Here's a hint: REAR WEIGHT BIAS), sideways would be the fastest way for that car as well.

rsmithdrift
Correction SHOW DRIFTING IS NOT ABOUT SPEED. Ever heard of Speed Drifting, or Race Drifting as it is sometimes called? Here, I'll quote myself:

A car and driving style that is indusive to oversteer will make getting sideways the fastest way around a turn with that car. In GT4 most cars want to understeer no matter what unless you show drift, but in REALISTIC GAMES, Like Enthusia Professional Racing and TOCA 2, some cars like to be sideways and therefore sideways is the fastest way 'round the turn. If you can make a car naturally oversteer in GT4 (hard but not impossible. Here's a hint: REAR WEIGHT BIAS), sideways would be the fastest way for that car as well.

Ok, uh....hmm. Well, this is not new information by any stretch. And no, drifting is never about speed. No race driver in his right mind would drift every corner. It can be helpful in a battle or specific circumstance(as I said) but it IS slower.

BTW, what you're talking about is more slip angle then drifting. Getting the weight of one of the tires during the corner to take a more optimium line. That's not drifting. Good technique though.

So, you can relax with the preachy attitude.

Yeah, sorry, I get carried away some times. Anyways, I completely forgot to mention that the Drift Envy vid was off the hook!!! Seriously, niiiiiiice vid.

Also, speed drifting may not be the best to look at, or the funnest form of drifting to pull off, but I can put in better lap times with the same car speed drifting, SOME of the corners, NOT ALL. (Lord that wouldn't be fast at all.) Anyways, getting sideways when the car wants to I can put in a scorching lap. And suprisingly, with more consistent lap times. I first started drifting as a racing technique being an advanced form of the "loose is fast" theory, and also to avoid spin outs. I set my cars up to oversteer to the max and it works. The looser you are the faster you go, TO A POINT. And yes I do call being sideways in any way drifting. And yes, I do know the difference between drifting and powersliding. Again, if you're sideways, you're drifting, it may be sh**y style, but it's drifting none the less. End of Discussion.

edit: sorry, I did it again, didn't I?

rsmithdrift
Yeah, sorry, I get carried away some times. Anyways, I completely forgot to mention that the Drift Envy vid was off the hook!!! Seriously, niiiiiiice vid.
edit: sorry, I did it again, didn't I?

Yeah, you did. Slow down a bit. It sounds like you've got something good to offer, but you're kinda throwing it out there. Not the best way to get your point across.

Back