Drift help

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 14 comments
Are you having any specific troubles right now?
Can't hold it, I can get about halfway around some of the longer coners but end up loosing it, usually to oversteer. I practicing on the Spanish track, the short version of it, since it is pretty flat and has some wide radius corners.

Some more info would also help(me at least) like how are you trying to drift. Based on what you said, sounds like too much gas and you should let off a wee bit earlier. But if your using the handbrake perhaps dont hold it for so long.👍

something i found usefull playing with the gamepad instead of the wheel, for the Controller settings i put the Dead zone to (0), all the way down and i am able to counter-steer a bit faster to catch the cars angle and try to avoid/recover from spinning out from oversteer. practice makes better and the throttle control and which gear to be in is also very important. :)👍

Counter-steer, and cut back on the throttle a bit when it seems you might be in trouble.

Can't hold it, I can get about halfway around some of the longer coners but end up loosing it, usually to oversteer. I practicing on the Spanish track, the short version of it, since it is pretty flat and has some wide radius corners.
Seems like you're using too much gas and not enough countersteer. Don't worry about coming out of the drift. You'd rather do that then spin out IMO since you can always throw yourself back into the drift with the e-brake or clutch kick. What car are you using? I'd recommend the stock BMW gt-r. It's pretty stable and can drift through most corners easily.

I was using a S15 but decided I needed some more BMW in my life and find the stock M3 (E30) to be much easier. As far as how I start the drift it kind of depends, I usually dont use the handbrake because I find it more often than not over rotates and I end up just sliding at 110* to the corner instead of actually drifting. For the most part I use something along the lines of a feint-overpower-clutch-kick type thing

i use manual shifting (no clutch) and i use the e-brake to create a clutch kick effect. With the gas floored around the corner (if the back end isn't coming around yet) i just tap the e-brake while gas pressed all the way and steering into the corner, and it snaps the rear around, from there you just have to adjust steering and throttle inputs, if you're in the wrong gear you can get too much wheel spin and when it regains traction (while the rear is still out) it makes the car want to spin, just need to practice and adjust your inputs.

If you are spinning you're not counter-steering enough or giving TOO much throttle, and if you are straightening out, you are not giving enough throttle, or counter-steering too much. I love my s15 for drifting, it's up to about 537hp or so, my ae86 is also great, drifts 3rd gear no problem. Fujimi Kaido is definitely the master drift course in Forza 3, i LOVE that course, wish there was something similar here, i would be out there with my Real S13!!!! :)👍

Wow, When i used an r33 with rwd mod and fully tuned to max hp (around 1000hp i think?) I had the worst tires fully pumped up and had trouble all the time with the car randomly Sticking its self to the ground once i hit a higher speed no matter the angle or the amount i had my foot on it. Listen to what the others said but in my personal experience try not to get to much angle, also who cares how hard it is to drive just try to minamize the car randomly gripping or flicking (stops you from getting good angle) I also sat on the handbrake half the time lol! My car would start spinning like that but it just couldnt keep it going, anyway good luck! :)

Back