Drift Photo Tournament - Week 2 - Looking On - RESULTS POSTED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really struggling for a nice shot on this one. I can't find any good places to drift that have just one or two spectators unless I drift on the exact same track as everyone else. My first thought was rally courses, but how many of those cars do you think you can take out on the dirt? Not many, and the ones that you can (the Audis, probably the NSXs) are terrible rally cars. The production cars with a price limit is nice, and the spectator idea is nice, but combined they're far too constricting, just my two credits.

Anyhoo, I'll have a shot up tonight, probably the same as everyone elses. :P

EDIT: Just looked over the list posted at the start of the thread, aren't RUF tuner cars? Surely they don't produce enough to have their cars considered production models?

I don't want to give away the tournament by helping you "guys" to much, so I will not tell you where or what turn I took these on(hehe, being as cheeky as I am I will find a loop hole in everything:sly: ). On a side note, I took these photos with the RX-7(FD3S) to keep myself from changing my original picture.

Haha, blame Specialized with the price limit idea, ;)...

The idea, is its meant to be hard... guys, nearly all the city coarse have spectators, just drive and have a look.. your giving up before you've even started.

DRIFTN
Haha, blame Specialized with the price limit idea, ;)...

The idea, is its meant to be hard... guys, nearly all the city coarse have spectators, just drive and have a look.. your giving up before you've even started.
👍 So true(the cars really are poo though,atleast they are a challenge).

Final Entry

Does this work, DRIFTN?

EDIT: Ewww.... Look what happened to the front wheel.

I just want to get the extra 2 point thing straight, we would get it if we had a flash from a random "looker" not some 2D sprite right? Even If they didn't have a camera?

Yeah Vonie, sweet as mate 👍

Thatman
I just want to get the extra 2 point thing straight, we would get it if we had a flash from a random "looker" not some 2D sprite right? Even If they didn't have a camera?

Two explanations have been given:

ONE:
DRIFTN
Clarification: You guys are miss-understanding the requirments. I do not want you guys to drift past a massive crowd of poeple and take a shot.

I want singular spectators standing on the side of the road in the picture. (refer to the banner at the top of the page as an example of what i want)

Bonus Points: If the spectator is holding a camera to his face, OR if the spectator is taking a picture (meaning there is a flash).

TWO:
Specialized
Note - Shots must have spectators in them but please refraim from taking shots where large stands of people are (large stand = Main straight on Grand Valley etc)

EXTRA NOTE - A bonus 2 points will be awarded to each person who manages to get a spectator taking a photo of your car either with the camera to his face or a camera flash. 2 points may not sound much but the tournament is quite competetitive and judging by previous tournaments 2 points is enough to take you from last to first!

You would think this would be enough explaining. 👍

Meh, i tried driftin the Ruf but it wasn't easy and i tried thousands of settings.. i'm probaly going to lose, cuz diego's pic pwnz.

Final Entry

But ROFL, the flame only came out of one exhaust :lol:

what are the chances of taking the pic in the exact same spot as I did... meh, the single backfire is bizarre... points for originality there 👍

scrwrx
How about some AWD dorifto? :crazy:

Umm I do not believe you are in round 2 sorry (unless I missed something, apologies if I did)...
This is the Drift Photo Tournament Round 2. If you did not sign up or were eliminated in Round 1, you can't enter sorry.

scrwrx
sorry n00b. where/when can i sign up?

Ineed, as CoolGeekz said.

Your best chance is to sign up for the next tournament, whenever that one is.

Heres a list of coarse with spectators:

City Courses alone:

- Seoul Central
- Tokyo Route:246
- Hong Kong
- New York (flashing standing spectators everywhere)
- Seattle Circuit
- Cote d'Azur
- George V Paris
- Citta di aria
- Costa di Amalfi

And thats the list of city courses alone with standing spectators.

Thanks Diego for the spelling mistakes 👍

whining*
courses*
spectators*

sorry, I'm a proofreader... I go "all weird in the head" whenever I see a grammar error.

come on guys, last chance for entry is today. Don't forfeit (sp?).

Many entries are still pending.

Diego440
come on guys, last chance for entry is today. Don't forfeit (sp?).

Many entries are still pending.

Quite right.

Lets go fellas! get those pictures in. You can't win if you don't enter.

No forfitting (sp?) for me-

Final Entry:

previmg00709ar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back