Drift Racing?

• Thread starter CheladaJr
  • 48 comments
So what makes this drift racing is only the fact that one unjudged section requires you to drift; but how that section is drifted has no bearing on the outcome unless it results in one crossing the finish line 1st.
I'm just gonna put this out there...this idea blows, at least in a setting where there's going to be more than 1 car on track. From what I saw of the video, it seems like it was a time attack with a drift section, a la Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift/Yuke's D1GP/ any manner of NFS..
This is a contest where I see the Ricky Bobby mentality prevailing; "screw form and technique, if you ain't 1st, you're last."

Your Voicing you opinion fellow Michiganer!

Megamarcx84
So what makes this drift racing is only the fact that one unjudged section requires you to drift; but how that section is drifted has no bearing on the outcome unless it results in one crossing the finish line 1st.
I'm just gonna put this out there...this idea blows, at least in a setting where there's going to be more than 1 car on track. From what I saw of the video, it seems like it was a time attack with a drift section, a la Tokyo Extreme Racer Drift/Yuke's D1GP/ any manner of NFS..
This is a contest where I see the Ricky Bobby mentality prevailing; "screw form and technique, if you ain't 1st, you're last."

Yes... If you dislike the idea, don't take part of it.

Besides, drifting=/=D1 competition. Look matsuri for example.

DarkAvengerZR1
Yes... If you dislike the idea, don't take part of it.

Besides, drifting=/=D1 competition. Look matsuri for example.

Yes..to all of what I said?
And matsuris from what I've seen are fun events to showcase ones drifting skill in a non competitive environment; this idea is nothing like that..I mean given the above description one could use zero countersteer drifting to dominate. I mean the inevitable arguement to arise during one of these competitions is whether or not there was drifting in the drift section, otherwise I could just use the same controlled oversteer technique id use racing a touring car or even one of the F1 racers and label that as drifting..

Or, make a turn laden Toscana, or Eifel Kart track, designate every corner beyond the front straight a drift corner...no passing on the straights, D1 rules for contact, failure to drift forfeits race, 1st across finish wins..sounds more like drift racing to me.

I'm gunna have to agree that the drifting section should be judged or scored in some way.
I was watching the X-Games the other day and they had an interesting format for the "Speed & Style" events, where the 'tricks' are judged/scored and the difference between the two contestants point totals, accounted for a time bonus. Lowest total time wins the race, regardless of crossing the line first or second.

Detroit?

midnight-club-3-dub-edition-remix-20060320024034835.jpg

That is actually a picture of Tokyo! I played on that game for 2 years online with my crew DRP, we were the best of the best. That was where I got into drifting.

But anyway we need to figure a time and day to do this.

Back