Drift Settings Depot

Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-Apex S.S. Version (380hp)

Parts to buy:

All you can.

Settings:

Spring Rate: 16/16
Ride Height: 86/6
Shock Bound: 9/5
Shock Rebound: 10/10
Camber Angle: 3.0/1.0
Toe Angle: 0/0
Stabilizers: 6/6
Brake Balance: 20/24
LSD Initial: 60
LSD Accel: 60
LSD Decel: 55
Gear ratios: Doesn't matter

ASM:0
TCS:0

Tyres:
Front: T8
Rear: T8

Downforce (important): 0.24/0.28

This car is setted for speed drifting, I know it isn't for braking any track record but the car manteins (or increase) the speed while drifting in corners.

Alot to difficult for me. i need a more slower drifting settings.

hey guys im a newbie and this is my first post so tell me if im doing something wrong.
Miata MX-5 LS drift settings

fully tuned, normal tires
spring rate:16/17
ride height:86/86
shock bound:6/6
shock rebound:7/8
camber:0.9/0.6
toe:0/-0.5
stabilizer:4/6
brake balance:12/8
torque:10
accel:60
decel:5
asm:0
tcs:2

hey guys im a newbie and this is my first post so tell me if im doing something wrong.
Miata MX-5 LS drift settings

fully tuned, normal tires
spring rate:16/17
ride height:86/86
shock bound:6/6
shock rebound:7/8
camber:0.9/0.6
toe:0/-0.5
stabilizer:4/6
brake balance:12/8
torque:10
accel:60
decel:5
asm:0
tcs:2

Get rid of the TCS! How much power are you using? I'm assuming you're trying to drift...what track? any sucess???

First and foremost...GET RID OF THAT TCS!!! and maybe try reversing that brake balance (rear brakes stronger to induce sliding...Miatas have notorious understeer. Even with a bit of power they tend to be a bit too pushy) I'd also raise the rear of the car a bit (try 10mm at a time).

so u say i should get rid of the tcs... i used the miata without tcs and it just spun out just like nothin' ...and im not gunna change the brake balance because if u think about it if u have the back brakes stronger than ur front brakes when ur drifting and hit the brakes the back end will grip and the front will go out but if u have it opposite and hit the brakes the front will grip and the back will swing out...oh and u asked what track i drift on i drift on apricot hill trial mountain, complex string, tokyo rt246 and my miata has 300 and some horse power... but other wise the settings are good??

so u say i should get rid of the tcs... i used the miata without tcs and it just spun out just like nothin' ...and im not gunna change the brake balance because if u think about it if u have the back brakes stronger than ur front brakes when ur drifting and hit the brakes the back end will grip and the front will go out but if u have it opposite and hit the brakes the front will grip and the back will swing out...oh and u asked what track i drift on i drift on apricot hill trial mountain, complex string, tokyo rt246 and my miata has 300 and some horse power... but other wise the settings are good??

Yes they are.

I'm just telling you what I would do in your situation. Stronger rear brakes will not make the rear grip, it'll make it slide a bit. Read your GT manual again. Basically, everyone has a different style for drifting and racing, and i dont' care what anyone says...my settings probly wont work for you...

...except....

...Yeah you gotta get rid of that TCS. You should want your MX5 to get sideways...that's how the drift starts. Since you're spinning out, that obviously means you're giving too much gas or perhaps approaching the corners too fast. Slow down a bit. Drifting means modulating the gas & steering...that's how you get sideways and that's how you stay sideways. Flooring the gas is only the first step...from there you gotta modulate it.

You're only using 300 horses and TCS will interfere with your car's ability to "step out". Trust me on this. 👍 All the best drivers don't use TCS or stability controls.

Get rid of the TCS! How much power are you using? I'm assuming you're trying to drift...what track? any sucess???

First and foremost...GET RID OF THAT TCS!!! and maybe try reversing that brake balance (rear brakes stronger to induce sliding...Miatas have notorious understeer. Even with a bit of power they tend to be a bit too pushy) I'd also raise the rear of the car a bit (try 10mm at a time).

Do get rid of all aids for drifting. But as far as putting the brake balance more in the rear, no. You want the brake balance more in the front that way when you brake the weight shifts to the front to allow the rear to actually step out easier. Your not looking for your braking system to emulate your e-brake. I generally use 22 front and 9 rear, but settings are all about what works for you. Also having the brakes more front set will help you while you link drifts better also. While your coming out of a drift and you apply the brakes you can quickly drift the opposite way to link to the next turn.

guner1cars i found some settings for f1 cars here they are

Settings:

Spring rate: 17.4/17.6
Ride height: 48/50
Shock bound: 5/5
Shock rebound: 5/5
Camber angle: 2.0/1.0
Toe angle: 0.0/-2.5

TCS: 0
ASM: 0

Downforce: front:full rear:lowest

Do get rid of all aids for drifting. But as far as putting the brake balance more in the rear, no. You want the brake balance more in the front that way when you brake the weight shifts to the front to allow the rear to actually step out easier. Your not looking for your braking system to emulate your e-brake. I generally use 22 front and 9 rear, but settings are all about what works for you. Also having the brakes more front set will help you while you link drifts better also. While your coming out of a drift and you apply the brakes you can quickly drift the opposite way to link to the next turn.

Well yeah, if you have a car that drifts easily (like an older RX7, Silvia, Trueno, etc) you can have the rear brakes set weaker, but for a Miata...my experience has been that they aren't prone to sliding out so much so i would try stronger rear brakes (but not anything above 16).

C-West Razo Silvia

Turbo stage 2 around 530 hp

Spring rate 4.8---6.3
Ride height 55mm---55mm
Shock bound 7---7
Rebound 7---7
Camber angle + Toe angle Stock---Stock
Stabilizers 3---3

Brake balance 24---11

Downforce (I forgot if it had DF but if it does, all theway down on back and a lil on front)
ASM - 0
TCS - 1 (To get out of dirt and grass)

Tires - Supersoft racing on front (7)
Medium soft racing on back (5) - Tire numbers

Enjoy---Full throttle, don't ***** foot the gas
:cool:

Sorry, but I don't wanna even test these settings because i can see far away from here without testing that those aren't good settings.. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. :yuck:

EDIT: Are these racing settings? I tought these was drift.. SORRY

EDIT: I tested these settings and these aren't even good racing settings, SO WHAT ARE THESE?????

EDIT: Oh these settings are for GT3, DAMN ME! :D

Do you have 2 buy parts to get that setup or can u just change those in the settings part in arcade mode

You would have to buy all the top drivetrain mods by the looks of it.

Although, I would definitely turn the ASM understeer off, and the TCS all the way off. They are counterproductive for drifting.

;)

Back