Drift-Trial Videos

  • Thread starter Thread starter Borodori
  • 39 comments
  • 5,609 views
Messages
83
Messages
borodori
First thing I did when I got the game is try the drift-trial in Arcade mode. Here is a replay video of me on the High Speed Ring Course using the AMUSE NISMO 380RS Super Leggera (edit: thanks for the correction ginkumo12). This car was already available from the start of the game.

In this video I used the standard PS3 dual shock 3 controller. All assists OFF, Manual trans, both front and rear tires set on comfort=hard, and the GRIP REDUCTION setting set to REAL. Drift Score in the end was 10821.

Sorry for the poor quality of the video, I was using a regular point-and-shoot Panasonic Camera. Planning the get some type of direct-feed capture equipment in the near future. Both videos are the same run, just one is from the back of the car and the other is the "cinematic" view.

Behind view
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BELr6LSzkM

Cinematic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS1UFbZQRKI

EDIT: this is an open drift video thread, anybody feel free to post your drift videos
 
Last edited:
nice
 
finally someone posted drifting videos ...
anyway thanks and nice drifting ....
can you do full lap drifting like in GT PSP?

keep it up
 
yeah you can do full lap drifting, I chose the section drifting in those particular videos.

After I get home from work I'll try out different cars/courses and upload some more.
 
cool ... one more thing

how dose it feel?? is it the same as GT5P?
 
Post more please!! Nice dorifto. Also please dont choose tracks from GT5p, im so done with them LOL!
 
Ohhh my god that smoke holy ****
 
Niko: Similar but not as twitchy.

I'll try tracks not on prologue as soon as I get home. LOL i picked high speed first for that very reason, it was something I was used to on gt5-p
 
Last edited:
Here is my so-so run on my custom course. Its very narrow, unpredictable, and a headache. Yet somehow fun.

My setup wasn't well for the course. I think I need less camber. The car is pushing to wide and getting me into trouble.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4abQIw8FfI

The handbrake needs to be somewhere else on this wheel. I don't think I can reassign buttons on the G27 -_-
 
田中BOMB;4184909
Here is my so-so run on my custom course. Its very narrow, unpredictable, and a headache. Yet somehow fun.

My setup wasn't well for the course. I think I need less camber. The car is pushing to wide and getting me into trouble.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4abQIw8FfI

The handbrake needs to be somewhere else on this wheel. I don't think I can reassign buttons on the G27 -_-

Nice drifting
I have G27 too and am good at it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu3zdt419A4
This video was recorded when I bought the wheel
Maybe we can play together sometimes ... PSN : Nismo-bh
My GT5 copy is in shipping right now -_-

Can you make a lobbie for drifting in online??
 
I just tried drifting in Arcade....SICK! Physics are AWESOME. I don't a new wheel yet, so using the DS3. Since I've done drifting in real life (350z), I can't wait to experience this with the G25/27.
 
ive never done drifting, is it all done with the handbrake and low grip tyres? Sorry for being so noobish!
 
The_Termin8tor: No shame in asking questions. E-brake is usually used to correct your angle during mid-drift (as done in real life). Technique can vary from turn to turn, and some players have different driving styles. For instance in my video I used a combination of weight transfer, e-brake, foot-brake.

the concept of drifting is a little hard to get used to at first. When I first drifted in GT-3 it took me about 3 weeks to nail it down. Also I have REAL LIFE experience as I used to drift at our local track for 6 years (it closed in 2006:grumpy:) and believe or not some of the basic fundamentals can be applied in game. Just got to be patient when learning the ropes, if drifting was "easy" it wouldn't be fun right?

as far as tires go When I was playing GT-5 prologue, I used N-type tires (equivalent to the comfort I guess???)
 
Last edited:
First thing I did when I got the game is try the drift-trial in Arcade mode. Here is a replay video of me on the High Speed Ring Course using the AMUSE NISMO 380RS Super Leggera (edit: thanks for the correction ginkumo12). This car was already available from the start of the game.

In this video I used the standard PS3 dual shock 3 controller. All assists OFF, Manual trans, both front and rear tires set on comfort=hard, and the GRIP REDUCTION setting set to REAL. Drift Score in the end was 10821.

Sorry for the poor quality of the video, I was using a regular point-and-shoot Panasonic Camera. Planning the get some type of direct-feed capture equipment in the near future. Both videos are the same run, just one is from the back of the car and the other is the "cinematic" view.

Behind view
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BELr6LSzkM

Cinematic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS1UFbZQRKI

So wait, your confirming there's no You Tube upload feature in the game after it was rumored to be in it? If that's true I'm really disappointed.

Having to fork out anywhere from $150-$200 for a capture device that will capture in HD is silly. I was hoping for the king of racing games to avoid having to do this.
 
So wait, your confirming there's no You Tube upload feature in the game after it was rumored to be in it? If that's true I'm really disappointed.

I didn't even know that kind of youtube feature was even mentioned during development! I Kinda wasn't follwing GT-5 news before it release. Maybe in a future update? So far most of the vidoes I've seen have been off-camera.

Hi,

i also uploaded a Drift Video now :), hope you like it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t47CTAgnE0


👍👍👍
 
Just uploaded new videos of me drifting an S15 Silvia. Only suspension settings modified except for ride high and spring rate. Part mods only full intake, full exhaust, LSD, driveshaft, clutch, flywheel, and comfort-hard. NO TURBO upgrades

All driving assist OFF. Also like to mention again I'm only using the regular dual shock 3 controller, no racing wheel.

S15 Silvia Cinematic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhA21A1i7Tk
S15 Silvia Back view
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0CCsCrpZ3s
 
Great job, I gotta say, the skid marks and better tire smoke sure does make Drifting in GT much more magical.
 
田中BOMB;4192445
I counter your Levin on Tsukuba with Lesser Levin on Tsukuba!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc6YH_9uF4Q


The car is loads of fun when you can make use of the clutch!

Awesome vid! I like how you have a cam for steering/pedals/game. Good job with the G25,puts us gamepad users to shame. I had a g25 before for prologue but I sucked at it.

almost don't want to post my next video after seeing yours, but here it is....Removed the turbo charger.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2p_TOCNZmk
 
You got it going on though! Good driving man!
 
Can someone please explain to me how to do this drifting stuff, I'm really terrible at it. I go to drift mode in the arcade and use the default settings for whatever vehicle I choose and I always end up scoring around 200 -1000 points and that 1000 is a rarity. I'm currently using a drive force gt.
 
Someone help me please))) Who can send me drift car?:) I want drifting, but don't know settings and etc. for cars.
Thanks.
 
I have a question regarding tires for drift!

On my cars passed a certain amount of power, I have not enough traction. For exemple on the hairpins of Eiger with my S15, if I'm on confort soft, tires will spin so much that I'll hit the rev limiter in 2nd and the drift will stop (the same thing happen if I modulate my pressure on the throttle).

On the video I posted above I use Sport hard tires and they seem to do a lot better, I can drift thru the hairpins in second, like it would do in real life (more or less). I saw a few videos on the net and when you use confort you have to be in higher gears (unrealistic), like in 3rd for a really tight hairpins.

Anyway my question is, what do you think about how the tires act (expecially confort ones) when used with cars that developps more than 400hp?
 
So wait, your confirming there's no You Tube upload feature in the game after it was rumored to be in it? If that's true I'm really disappointed.


Yeah can anyone explain how to export replays to youtube? During development PD said that this would be a feature of GT5. I've tried exporting the saved replay data, but when I put it on my usb stick and plug it into my pc the file doesn't show up.

https://www.gtplanet.net/night-racing-weather-indy-cars-irl-confirmed-for-gt5/

Can someone please explain to me how to do this drifting stuff, I'm really terrible at it. I go to drift mode in the arcade and use the default settings for whatever vehicle I choose and I always end up scoring around 200 -1000 points and that 1000 is a rarity. I'm currently using a drive force gt.


Find a way to swing your tail-end out, get those rear tires spinning, then countersteer :). Its all about weight transfer. EVERYBODY started where you are right now. Practice is the answer. Also, you might check out the Drift Bible videos on youtube. Keiichi Tsuchiya explains the fundamental techniques. Practice them one at a time. Drifting takes very fast throttle and steering reflexes.
 
Last edited:
Back