!Drift Tune Help!

England
Luton,Bedfordshire
M3BIMMER2012
IDONTPAY4ONLINE
Alright, guys im fairly good at drifting, but I am clueless to how because I have no idea for how to tune my cars to drift. And instead of a load of rubbish tunes, has anyone got an actual BEASTLY drift tune that they would be king enough to share with me/us? I would be truly grateful. (if possible can you state the car and clearly show hp, pp weight and tune).
cheers guys.

It is best to learn how to tune for yourself. Some general guidelines I follow are...
-front higher than the rear and I never slam a car
-LSD is always 60-60-60 unless a car comes stock with one with the numbers 50-80-x that is a magic LSD

-a lot of the time i leave the stock transmission in the car.

-I can't turn off bold I'm using my phone

-More weight the better for a drift car because it has more momentum

-Read what every part does and I mean every damn one because upgrading the engine with certian parts inhibit your cars ability to drift. THE LOW RPM TURBO WORKS GREAT FOR DRIFT IT HAS ALMOST NO LAG. Its a myth (I feel) that the Mid turbo is better. As I was taught a couple years ago. Wish I could punch that kid in the FACE.

-AWD cars are for CHICKEN ****'S

-Do NOT add a crap load of camber I usually have mine no more than 4.0 in the front and 3.0 in the rear.

-Chassis upgrades is a huge help

-Front suspension is stiffer than the rear

In the info is says to tune for oversteer or understeer. From what I understand you must tune for UNDERSTEER not oversteer as I thought a long time ago. I have sense been set straight by some foos around here. Thank you guys! Ps I'm sorry about the bold. I really can't turn it off!

:dopey:Thankyou,I will definitely use all your tips! Thanks for the effort, and its great to see people can actually help and put me in the right direction

THE LOW RPM TURBO WORKS GREAT FOR DRIFT IT HAS ALMOST NO LAG.

Turbos use exhaust gasses to produce boost. Low power engines produce less exhaust gasses and consequently need smaller turbos. If you want to sit around drinking tea, waiting around for your turbo to spool up, then by all means equip the high rpm turbo and bask in the glory of you higher HP. But HP isn't everything; you know about torque, right?

i1NyV0H6BGz42.jpg

The graph in the bottom left corner indicates HP (blue) and torque (white) Try using different turbos and watch what happens to the white line. The point where the line peaks indicates the revs at which the turbo will be at full boost along with the ft-lbs of torque it will be producing. You will find mid rpm turbos out perform high rpm turbos on some lower power cars.

sorry for the delay, but my advice is to install level 2 engine and a level 1 turbo, reason being is that you will be able to control car much easier with the power your runnin. cheers

Back