Drift_Toy's Video Tutorial Thread - New Tutorial 12/April/05

I find that on alot of cars if you use the very poor gripping tires you will often slide straight for too long in the direction of your slide and off the road because you get so little grip. Obviously slowing down corrects this. I find I can keep a drift going longer because i can carry more speed and not worry about getting so little traction that i just slide off the track if i use a grippier tire.

KurtG
I find that on alot of cars if you use the very poor gripping tires you will often slide straight for too long in the direction of your slide and off the road because you get so little grip. Obviously slowing down corrects this. I find I can keep a drift going longer because i can carry more speed and not worry about getting so little traction that i just slide off the track if i use a grippier tire.

Yeh I find that a lot of people tend to prefer carrying more speed into corners. I used to be the same but when I began using poorer grip tyres I too struggled holding a drift and carrying it all the way thru a corner.....but i have this funny feeling that because you tend to prefer carrying more speed that once ur into the drift you just punch the accelerator all the way through the drift, or do very little regulation of the accelerator. Its just a personal preference on which tyres you use. I feel more comfortable drifting at lower speeds and sliding more.

N35QU1K
Omg, people like you make it look so freakin easy... Jeez... Well, good job, and I'll be sure to try it out sometime this week.

Good luck! Just don't end up throwing the controller at the TV ! ^_^

💡 Hope this theoretical stuff helps.

Im on the last legs on my E-Brake guide...although I pondering the thought of using different tyres so the effects of the E-Brake are seen more clearly.

If you don't think I should let me know and it will be up later on today

Hi everyone, I have just finished my E-Brake Tutorial. However....being as im on a disgraceful 56k dial-up connection its will take years for me to upload this movie over and over...If there are any people here that would consider hosting the vid PM me. I'll put it on yousendit and if there are any takers ill edit the clip with their website if they would like. This tutorial may help others in their quest to hone their drifting skills.

Length 5:50
Tutorial - E-Braking
Car - RX-7 GT-X(FC)

Car settings are in the summary tab of the files properties.

Ill edit once the file is online.

Please think about it. Thanks people

The Ernster
How do you stay sane?! :odd:

Who said anything about being sane?:odd: hehehe:dopey:

Nah I upload my vids while I sleep.

BigmarcoUK2
Hey, Drift_Toy26 , I would like to see this vid , could u upload it again ??

coz the link alreay gone hell :P

I just checked the link and it still works buddy try again. 👍 :)

Hey people its finally here the new E-Braking Tutorial.

The track is Tsukuba Circuit and uses the first hairpin. The demo car is the Mazda RX-7 GT-X (FC).

It goes for about 5:45 and is about 16MB is size. The settings for the demo car are given if people want to try and follow what i did.

Hopefully it helps people. The langauge used isnt technical and is kind of easy to understand.

Just go to the first post of this forum to get the link

P.S. Please leave me feedback on your opinion of the tutorial telling me if its helpful in anyway, so i can decide on whether to make another one.

i've a question
i know drift well in GT3 & GTC, but i can't drift in GT4
i use Logitec Driving Force Pro
there are any tutorial to learn the necesary tecniques to drift??

((sorry for my english))

zoco
i've a question
i know drift well in GT3 & GTC, but i can't drift in GT4
i use Logitec Driving Force Pro
there are any tutorial to learn the necesary tecniques to drift??

((sorry for my english))

Well, at least you put this in the correct thread! 👍

Check my signature for a very helpful start! :)

awesome videos, though i could only download the ebrake guide, i think the others are dead :(
please could you rehost the feint one ,
many thanks for the effort u put into this. it is really appreciated 👍

Drift_Toy26 had a video where he does the final Tsukuba corner perfectly after a feint drift using the Blitz ER34, with a really good angle. He breaks the technique down and mentions reasons for things like the "snap back" reaction, drifting into the dirt and losing control, etc. One of the best GT4 short drift videos i've ever seen... Too bad it's not hosted anymore..

Back