Drifting FAQ's - READ BEFORE POSTING!!!

• Thread starter Ethix101
  • 53 comments
Here's a basic FAQ list for GT3 Drifting. If you have anything that you feel should be added, post it here.

If you can't find your answers here, USE THE SEARCH BUTTON before creating a thread. :)

What is the best track to learn to drift on? - IMO
Apricot Hill 1&2, Midfield 1&2, and Trial Mountain

What is the best Car to learn to drift with? - IMO
FR-RX7 RZ, Toms Chaser, 240sx Hatchback
4WD-ZZII, Impreza LM, Lancer Evo TM edition
FF-Integra Type R, Civic Type R
MR-MR2, NSX

Basic Course Rating by Bengee
Beginner:
Midfield I and II
Deep Forest I and II
Tokyo 246 I and II
Trial Mountain II

Amateur:
Grand Valley Speedway I
Special Stage Route 11
Apricot Hill I ( II limits where you can drift)
Trial Mountain I

Intermediate:
Grand Valley Speedway II
Special Stage Route 5 wet
Laguna Seca

Pro:
Seattle I and II (pretty much the same either way and the easiest of the PROs but not quite intermediate)
Cote d'Azur
Complex String

Who to ask for help? : CudaMan, Pergatory, Thio, TruenoAE86, Bengee, Battle Stage

For some real drifting videos:
http://www.racingflix.com/
You have to register and it's slow sometimes, but it's free and they have some really good compilations and other vids.

http://www.angelfire.com/in3/Ronaldsoft/drift.html
There's some small vids on here for you 56k guys.

For some RL professional drifting info check : www.d1gp.com

For your Initial D questions check:
http://initialdheaven.netfirms.com/
http://www.geocities.com/go2initiald/main.html
http://www.active-x.net/~initialdx/index2.php

-Mark

well i totally agree... to many people asking hte same questions... right now there are two things about tracks...

cars to learn how to drift in...
fr: rx7 ( fc or fd)... trueno... 350 z... bimmer... almost any fr
mr: speedster at 300 hp... mrs... mr2 glimited... nsx... espirit... any other lotus ( but they might be frustrating cause they are so light)... almost any mr
4wd: 400r... STI... 22b... and lancer...

for courses i will be right back

basically begin on a track you are good at regular driving on... one you are used to... it will help cause you will know the flow of hte track already

Beginner:
Midfield I and II
Deep Forest I and II
Tokyo 246 I and II
Trial Mountain II

Amateur:
Grand Valley Speedway I
Special Stage Route 11
Apricot Hill I ( II limits where you can drift)
Trial Mountain I

Intermediate:
Grand Valley Speedway II
Special Stage Route 5 wet
Laguna Seca

Pro:
Seattle I and II (pretty much the same either way and the easiest of hte PROs but not quite intermediate)
Cote d'Azur
Complex String

I always felt Seattle would fit under pro, mainly because of the cement being so slick and how far you can slide on it, and the shear amount of 90° + turns

thanks thio lol

i wasnt the one who started it tho... someone else did on either drift track or track?... lol

all i did was expand and try to make as correct as possible

Originally posted by boombexus
Hey Ethix, thread name changed to your suggestion.

Please don't hesitate to ask for any assistance. :)

Thanks, I think that'll help a lot.

Now we just need some more info in this thread..anybody have any suggestions? I noticed there's a lot of Initial D questions...Does anybody know an Initial D website with everything you need to know about the show that I could link to? Episode guide, Character Guide, Car guide, etc? That would be awesome.

i think we should do something with the cars adn the difficulty for learners to use or learn with... ranked within drivetrains...

hmm, the problem with that is that everybody has their own opinion on the easiest cars to learn with...hmm I'll have to think about it.

yeah that is true...

maybe we should think about rating cars in their stock form in terms of oversteer and understeer characteristics like on a scale of ten... just so people can judge what they want...

or maybe add something about control over car and ease or degree of response to input... something general like mr cars tend to respond the best to usually driving inputs like countersteer and such because moment arms to friction forces at wheels are even from front to back... fr is a bit harder to cope with oversteer... and 4wd presents a bit of understeer with the traction being delievered to the front wheels as well so countersteer is not always a must, and most of hte time not needed as much for mr or fr...

I would start out with an NA car so the turbo boost wont catch you off gaurd, go for the AE86 (Trueno GT-APEX, Trueno S.S. V.).
After you set up your 86 (MAX 180hp, normal rear tires, sport tires front, race sus., lower car fully, 12k springs front, 9k springs rear, sports brakes, race tranny w/4773 final gear, put ALL traction helpers to 0 settings) practice at Laguna Seca for a while until you are perfect at the first 180 bend. Move up the hp until you fill you have what you want. Remember: Drifting can only be done with a FR car NO OTHERS!!!!! Drifting with AWD, MR, and FF is not true drifting...sry to bust a bubble here.

Originally posted by KoukiFreak
Remember: Drifting can only be done with a FR car NO OTHERS!!!!! Drifting with AWD, MR, and FF is not true drifting...sry to bust a bubble here.

says who? (besides you):embarrassed:

no its wrong all cars can drift base on your skill & great setting u will able to do that ...it doesnt mean only fr ... because here we try all types of cars not only for fr , i try all the cars form fr to 4wd ...:)

WTF... mr is not driftable... lol lol lol... the only diff between mr and fr is engine placement... and some fr cars are actually mr... lol...

anyways you are wrong... KoukiFreak

personally i do not drift with ff... never gave it the time it may have deserved... but some people say they can do it without ebrake... and i am fairly sure some kind of drift can be acc with propersetting... for understeer understeer understeer.. but without ebrake they will never be as great as fr mr or 4wd

Back