drifting in auto modellista?

• Thread starter dori
  • 20 comments
don't think so, from my test course with the Japan version, although I couldnt really tune my own car because of language barriers and I did tune my car to Drift mode, I found that it just slowed you down a little more and sent out some more smoke graphics when you turned. It's too arcadey

This just in, I heard the improved American physics engine will in fact be based on Ridge Racer. That means some drifting is involved!

Bought uk version because it had Akagi on it. Took it back 3 days later because it was crap. The driving experience is awful!

I hope it turns out to be a good game,,Drifting is not my sole purpose of the game I just like to have drifting with it:D

I thought it was crap because it was nowhere near reality. I know it's an arcade game but a standard Trueno doing 0-60mph in less than 5 seconds? In terms of the driving experience, I found it impossible to hold the cars sideways, they are far too snappy.

There's too much grip in AM, so you won't be able to do those drifts in gt3.......where you counter steer and keep the car balanced
However, you can attempt short, 4 wheel drifts.

Tune your car as you would in GT to make it drift.

When you approach a corner, turn slightly and brake, but keep you thumb/finger/foot on the accelerater, and keep tapping the brake as needed to keep the car sliding.

I guess in AM if you see the vertical effects its a drift, lolol:D :D

yeah i have the UK version and im not impressed.

when u slide it slows u down too much, its like hitting the wall. but the menu system is so much better than gran turismo, and you can turn off the dials and things so its just u and the car. i love that.

oh and lets not forget the gorgeous dump valve and misfiring system sounds on turbo aspirated cars. beautiful :D

paul

This game drift a little bit.
We just have to Steer the wheel and they slide automatic. I was going online in Akagi/Downhill but no body here Lol. I'm pretty sure GT4 will Own every Racing Games 100%. With online Drifting!

the game had ridiculous handling of the cars....tho it was kinda neat being able to change the appearance and car and junk, the driving harsh sucked. wayyy too slidey for my likings

Back