Drifting in the RAIN/Sore losers/poor attitudes

• Thread starter ITSHAM
  • 52 comments

ITSHAM

(Banned)
United States
United States
BURST-DORIFUTO
So here I go ranting again but felt it needed to be said. So I hosted a lil rain sesh earlier just to hear complaints after complaints. Im sorry but sometimes I drift in the rain to try something different and also its good practice, drifting in the rain teaches you throttle control and it takes a good bit of patience. So I was drifting ascari in the rain with a s13 and a corvette behind me and bam he spins and immediately starts cussing and whining and yelling. I simply said hey man don't go full throttle just work it, he replied "**** you what do you know" I simply just said "nothing I suck" and he proceeded back on track this time I followed him and he held the corner finally so I than just eased onto his door he then locked brakes and flew off track started cussing and yelling saying it was my fault. I never touched his car but I told him my bad if I did, we then went for a 3rd run and he was leading he went inside and I overtook him on the out he then spun and said I was a rookie cause I hit him to many times, I simply chuckled and asked the lobby if I hit him they all said no it was clean the kid then said we all sucked and left the room.... *sigh* I wish I could have an age limit on my lobbies or a immaturity detector or something... save me the headache. Just don't join my lobbies if you don't like my settings or if you did join don't cry just back out find a new lobby. NO NEED FOR THIS^ anyways just my blabbering for the day... :crazy:

Sai
* Sigh * Stop hanging around in pubs, we recently did a comp in the rain and it was fun. I personally like the rain sometimes. Can't say GT6 is a noobfest or cryfest when it's just the crowd you are in.
its not the crowd im in its the crowd that keeps finding me... so I host privately now. actually able to get videos done when i do this. lmfao

So here I go ranting again but felt it needed to be said. So I hosted a lil rain sesh earlier just to hear complaints after complaints. Im sorry but sometimes I drift in the rain to try something different and also its good practice, drifting in the rain teaches you throttle control and it takes a good bit of patience. So I was drifting ascari in the rain with a s13 and a corvette behind me and bam he spins and immediately starts cussing and whining and yelling. I simply said hey man don't go full throttle just work it, he replied "**** you what do you know" I simply just said "nothing I suck" and he proceeded back on track this time I followed him and he held the corner finally so I than just eased onto his door he then locked brakes and flew off track started cussing and yelling saying it was my fault. I never touched his car but I told him my bad if I did, we then went for a 3rd run and he was leading he went inside and I overtook him on the out he then spun and said I was a rookie cause I hit him to many times, I simply chuckled and asked the lobby if I hit him they all said no it was clean the kid then said we all sucked and left the room.... *sigh* I wish I could have an age limit on my lobbies or a immaturity detector or something... save me the headache. Just don't join my lobbies if you don't like my settings or if you did join don't cry just back out find a new lobby. NO NEED FOR THIS^ anyways just my blabbering for the day... :crazy:

Do you happen to know his psn?

I'll admit, if it weren't for drifting in the rain in GT5, I never would have came up with the brilliant idea of drifting Fiat 500's. :lol:

I just saw another guy doing it, so I thought, "Why not try it? It looks fun."

ill just say hes been around... GT5/GT6 etc.

That's very descriptive. :lol: :sly:

I'll admit, if it weren't for drifting in the rain in GT5, I never would have came up with the brilliant idea of drifting Fiat 500's. :lol:

I just saw another guy doing it, so I thought, "Why not try it? It looks fun."

That's very descriptive. :lol: :sly:
well its to show hes been drifting awhile but acts like my first post^^^ its very disappointing... to see people behave like that. but like I said im not posting his psn. no need. I was just clearing my head on here tbh.

You kicked him straightaway right? Thats what you should've done way before things got escalated.
btw I 4got about your purple s13??? you could've been in my Nissan video yesterday.... *sigh*

well its to show hes been drifting awhile but acts like my first post^^^ its very disappointing... to see people behave like that. but like I said im not posting his psn. no need. I was just clearing my head on here tbh.

I know you won't post there name. That's fine. I'm just joking. :lol:

But I have another question: Why are people afraid to try new techniques? Yes, you need to control your car more in the rain, but it will sharpen your skills, especially if you join drift competitions and the event organizers choose to have rain on.

But I have another question: Why are people afraid to try new techniques? Yes, you need to control your car more in the rain, but it will sharpen your skills, especially if you join drift competitions and the event organizers choose to have rain on.
exactly why I love rain. its much more rewarding when you complete runs in the rain.

I actually like drifting in the rain. Makes me feel like im in D1 or something lol :P

reminds me of real life :D

remember on one of our track days ; ( drift dedicated day only BMW and Nissan :D we like each others on the tracks )

we where to drive 350km to the track and then we could plaY.... the more we drove towards the track the darker the sky ....

i thought ... Wow cool ; i wont ruine 14 tires set today ; i can run on 3 or 4 that great ....

then i got a phone call ( passaenger awnsered ) allready the 3 cars behind me where ranting that the day would be ruined; that the track will be to slipery and blablabla....

i got fed up fast ( not even at the track yet and allready acting up gang i hate that ) so we get to the track and its a major slip and slide playground... water everywhere... raining lightly so the people outside where ok ; but wonstant wet track...

went on the track .... took on a few laps to get the hand of the track ( i go slow to fast , i dont blow the crap out on the first lap ... logic )

and go and get ruinable tires and go out for a sideway session.... my friends had done 6 or 7 laps by now and had started going sideways and after a few mistakes understood the hang of it and we where off for real fun..

they then came to see me a midday and said :

rain is great; you can learn how the cars moves and how it all react ; and you dont need to destroy the engine; precision is master and throttle controle is his leutenant....they understood that water is not an enemy...

its the same in GTs. its allways about taking n information and dealing with it... people like to be assisted and being zombies on the maximum of things.

soory cant help on the video ( at least i dont think) i drift okish on GTs; it lack so much the lateral Gs i know of i just cant get the feel to when the car start to go sideways... for me its progressiv; and in GTs you just 'get ' sideways and have to cope with it ; the feel of 'angle' is real not the same as irl and is destabilising for battles.

I love drifting in the rain,unfortunately people rarely make rain rooms :(.One of the things I suggested in the GT6 suggestion thread I think was a rating system kinda like irating from iRacing,just a system that deductions points for crashing,going off track,dirty driving etc,and rewarding points for clean driving.Basically when you go online you will be given lobby choices depending on your rating.

Of course this may propose a problem,what if your friend doesn't have a good enough rating but wants to join your lobby?Well that's where friends list mode comes into play allowing you to join any room your friend is in no matter the rating.

I love drifting in the rain,unfortunately people rarely make rain rooms :(.One of the things I suggested in the GT6 suggestion thread I think was a rating system kinda like irating from iRacing,just a system that deductions points for crashing,going off track,dirty driving etc,and rewarding points for clean driving.Basically when you go online you will be given lobby choices depending on your rating.

Of course this may propose a problem,what if your friend doesn't have a good enough rating but wants to join your lobby?Well that's where friends list mode comes into play allowing you to join any room your friend is in no matter the rating.
good idea but bad at the same time for im decent and don't crash much but I also like to bang doors and have a drift bash session to so therefor a point system would ruin my ability to join any lobbies lol

good idea but bad at the same time for im decent and don't crash much but I also like to bang doors and have a drift bash session to so therefor a point system would ruin my ability to join any lobbies lol
I think you should only be rated when your actually in a race and not in free run

I think you should only be rated when your actually in a race and not in free run
they just need ranked lobbies and open lobbies which we have. ranked lobbies is where points can be awarded or deducted. therefor when we race in open lobbies it isn't so serious. keeps the good and bad separated. cause in the ranked lobbies the idea is you only move on and retain your access to these lobbies by doing good or being a good sport/driver

well there are a few Nascar /destruction derby rooms ; and many are only for fun after real racing; a i know a few good drivers that dont mind a proper bash session once in a while ... that wouls screw up the stats on people who actually race ultra clean when in racing mode.

well there are a few Nascar /destruction derby rooms ; and many are only for fun after real racing; a i know a few good drivers that dont mind a proper bash session once in a while ... that wouls screw up the stats on people who actually race ultra clean when in racing mode.
that's why we need 2 diff stat sheets... ranked and unranked.

Yea it gets really confusing when you really think about lol,I think it should go like this,Race for fun,Race for real(Rating),and then a server just for separating the ratings where the host can turn the rating on or off for races.

So Server1 is for people who don't care,have fun whatever and Server2 is for people who want to improve their rating,and Server3 is for people who want to open a rating room but have the option to turn off the rating for races so they can just have fun with there friends and people of the same rating and not be penalized for it.

Last edited:
Yea it gets really confusing when you really think about lol,I think it should go like this,Race for fun,Race for real(Rating),and then a server just for separating the ratings where the host can turn the rating on or off for races.

So Server1 is for people who don't care,have fun whatever and Server2 is for people who want to improve their rating,and Server3 is for people who want to open a rating room but have the option to turn off the rating for races so they can just have fun with there friends and people of the same rating and not be penalized for it.
either way as of now people get to butt hurt in races, rage quit, etc... I just drift mostly but even then, from my opening post... kids be mad even in a fun lobby.

Back