Drifting in TT

• Thread starter nos2
  • 63 comments
I tried to drift a few bikes in TT, so far I couldn't successfully regain control after the bike started sliding. Is it true that I need to unlock the "Motard" riding form to be able to drift? What's a good bike to drift with? Thanks.

If you can't reply to this thread (it'll probably get locked), please PM me. 👍

nos2
I tried to drift a few bikes in TT, so far I couldn't successfully regain control after the bike started sliding. Is it true that I need to unlock the last riding form (forgot the name) to be able to drift? What's a good bike to drift with? Thanks.

If you can't reply to this thread (it'll probably get locked), please PM me. 👍

Dont know of a locked style... your not really supposed to drift per-se on a motorcycle. Its a side effect of going fast.

You can wheelspin on a agressive corner exit, but getting the bike a good bit sideways is a recipie for disaster.

Most motorcycle 'drifts' are barely noticeable to someone watching.

You *can* drift with any style, it helps to have a powerfull bike. Takes alot of finesse not to highside.
If you get too far sideways, there isnt much you can do

I just remembered, the riding form is called Motard, and I heard you can drift with that form, is it true? How can I unlock it? Thanks.

just slide the rear.

IMG_0729.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

hey bandit, would you like to inform me about how to do that, would setting rear brake balance high and using r2 help, and nos2, about the motard, whenever you start a race, just go to the riding form icon, select "motard".

Nice drifts 180bandit. Is it possible to take a short video of how you do that? I don't ride motorcycle in real life, so I have no idea how to drift it correctly. Thanks.

nos2
Nice drifts 180bandit. Is it possible to take a short video of how you do that? I don't ride motorcycle in real life, so I have no idea how to drift it correctly. Thanks.

yeah, like i said, your not supposed to drift. You get wheelspin if you give it too much throttle on the corner exit.

Doesent help you go fast at all.

I understand that, I'm doing it for style, I always liked drifting in GT, just want to know how it's done in TT. Right now what I do is I brake, tilt the analog up (lift the rear), turn, and land the rear. The rear end will slide for a bit, but then the rider will fall. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

Here's one of my GT4 drift video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kZl7WuTL1A

the pics above are corner exit pics. we don't refer to spinning the tire drifting in motorcycle racing. i understand you wanna do for style, so i won't lecture you. just break the tire loose after the apex and steer thru the corner exit.

as far as backing the rear into a turn...in reality it comes from heavy downshifting and front brake...not rear brake. in the game they don't have those physics yet...so you have to use the rear brake to get the same effect.

IMG_0603.jpg

Spectre600
yeah, like i said, your not supposed to drift. You get wheelspin if you give it too much throttle on the corner exit.

Doesent help you go fast at all.

you gotta remember most of these guys don't ride and are probably kids. i too used to get frustrated reading some of the threads here.lol but let them have their fun...hopefully some of them will actually learn something from the game and ride seriously.

you can't add pics to an edited post without starting a reply post.

i usually tend to get sideways by hitting the throttle early and hard on my corner exit.

yeah, i know about backing it in, i ride dirtbikes in real life and whenever i'm on pavement i back it in as much as i can (until i smell clutch). But i just cant get the wheel loose in the apex, i suck.

Go to options and then Change the Controler from "Standard" to "Pro" Its the same as removing all ASM & TCS in GT4 & it gets the brakes seperated (Making Square only imput front brakes instead of both)

On "Standard" the wheels can still spin a bit but nowhere neer as much as with "Pro"

But the issue with drifting in TT (Other then corner exit wheel spin) is the Highside. When your countersteering in a Bike drift, when the rear end catches you go over, in a car you cant fall so you either exit the drift or go into another one on the other side, but that aint going to happen on a Bike.

180bandit
the pics above are corner exit pics. we don't refer to spinning the tire drifting in motorcycle racing. i understand you wanna do for style, so i won't lecture you. just break the tire loose after the apex and steer thru the corner exit.

as far as backing the rear into a turn...in reality it comes from heavy downshifting and front brake...not rear brake. in the game they don't have those physics yet...so you have to use the rear brake to get the same effect.

IMG_0603.jpg

180 is absolutely correct. Alot of times 'backing it in' uccurs from an agressive corner entry. The rider is heavy on the front brakes, and hastily downshifting. The rear tire doesent have alot of grip to spare, especially scince the rider probably isnt bieng so smooth about the downshifts. When the rider leans over, the rear tire cant cope anymore and lets loose. A good rider just plows through, cracks the throttle, and keeps the tire spinning the whole whay through (or lets it hook up on the exit).

Most wheelspin just happens because of too much throttle on the exit.

Doing a little stoppie and letting it go sideways before you set it down will make you crash evry time.

I have on several occasions 'backed it in' in TT by complete accident. A hasty corner entry and using both brakes. If you Hold-release-hold the brake or the gas, it will break traction.

teknogeek
OMG, Standard to PRO.... That will fix it :) Trying now....

I'm going to give this a shot tomorrow. So far I used production tires, the bike seems to be able to slide longer, but I still couldn't recover from the slide.

Here's some pics.
img00029rm.jpg

img00100rl.jpg

Wow! those are some great pictures! You really have a talent for TT photography.

I doubt you 'survived' most of those drifts however.. still very cool to look at!

(Maybe retitle it 'How to highside'? ;)

Like I said before.. if those are the kinds of slides you are going for, you wont be able to recover! A 'good' slide is one that is barely noticable. You see many photos of racers leaned over, but the front wheel is pointed straight (not turned in to 'track the turn'), they are doing a suble slide.

Thanks for the comments, I took over 2000 pics in GT, so taking pics in TT is not hard to pick up. And you're right, I couldn't recover from most of the drifts unless I hit the wall gently, then I can regain control (well, sometimes). :D I'm still playing TT for speed, but drifting is very fun (to me), so if possible I'd like to learn how to drift in TT.

You know as cool as those pics are, BIKES ARE NOT MEANT TO DRIFT:irked: :

Yes they will ....before you fall , and incidently from corner exit wheelspin but come on now....does everything HAVE TO DRIFT????????

Hi
I'm yet to see a vid of anymore properly drifting. Anyone fancy making one, would love to see how far you can push the bikes.

Cheers

Luke

Back