Drifting on GT6: Extreme Disappointment.

• Thread starter Gonales
  • 171 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, these little kids here do not know what they are talking about at all. Seems this site has someone with a brain after all.

Well I didnt read all that was said but I heard the complains and I wasn't surprised. Its pretty obvious to me there is a group of people that don't really care about the excitement and importance of replicating real life aspects into a sim like game.
All they want to do is go sideways and counter-steer with power because it feels good. And thats all they do all day everyday. They are usually horrible drivers otherwise.

Granted there can be a lot of skilled involved with drifting but IMO its only a small niche part of motorsport, like a coffe break event or easter egg. Really whats most interesting to me most is going fast.

That said, real life only has one physcis engine so making the game more realistic doesn't mean you cant drift.

Baby, you want me to link you from where you got your profile picture? Why are you x2 posting now, you nervous? And why you do not "trust me"?.. You think I will hack your account or something, really? You know your account is fake, why you trippin man?

It doesn't matter where I got my profile picture from. Doesn't mean it's not my account, or a fake account, does it?
Besides, Double posting? Want me to take a screenshot and post it here? Same way as I don't know how to edit posts, right?

And I don't trust you because you seem to be a horrible person. (Attention to: seem to be. I don't judge people from behind a PC screen.) Besides, I'm not a man, I would prefer it if you didn't refer to me as one. Reported again.

Well I didnt read all that was said but I heard the complains and I wasn't surprised. Its pretty obvious to me there is a group of people that don't really care about the excitement and importance of replicating real life aspects into a sim like game.
All they want to do is go sideways and counter-steer with power because it feels good. And thats all they do all day everyday. They are usually horrible drivers otherwise.

Granted there can be a lot of skilled involved with drifting but IMO its only a small niche part of motorsport, like a coffe break event or easter egg. Really whats most interesting to me most is going fast.

That said, real life only has one physcis engine so making the game more realistic doesn't mean you cant drift.

Oh I like you, we are going to get along just fine.

It doesn't matter where I got my profile picture from. Doesn't mean it's not my account, or a fake account, does it?
Besides, Double posting? Want me to take a screenshot and post it here? Same way as I don't know how to edit posts, right?

The point is that you ARE A FAKE. And you need to stop lying to others about it. You messed with my friend, now I mess with you, you have a fake Facebook account because obviously;

1. You are not a girl.
2. Love lying to everyone.
3. Complaining here about the game's physics because you have no skill.
4. You call yourself the "Drift Queen" and never back it up.
5. You call people out to drift and ditch all the races you can't win.

I'm pretty tired of it.
If you were more real like me here right now, people might actually get along with you and probably even like you. But if you can't be real with yourself, why you trying to be real with others?

Last edited:
The point is that you ARE A FAKE. And you need to stop lying to others about it. You messed with my friend now I mess with you, you have a fake Facebook account because obviously;

1. You are not a girl.
2. Love lying to everyone.
3. Complaining here about the game's physics because you have no skill.
4. You call yourself the "Drift Queen" and never back it up.
5. You call people out to drift and ditch all the races you can't win.

I'm pretty tired of it.
If you were more real like me here right now, people might actually get along with you.

1: Not your call to make. Besides, it doesn't matter what you think. I know who I am.
2: Oh yeah? Lying how?
3: If I have no skill, tell me how I could have won multiple rounds in one of the biggest GT5 competitions.
4: I call myself the 'Drift Princess' because I know I can not beat every single female drifter out there, partially because I don't know them all. Like with my gender, get your **** straight.
5: I call people out to drift, because that is what I do. If you wanna claim I can not, show me. I never claimed to be a good racer, I don't drive for the speed. Speed doesn't interest me.

I really don't need everybody to get along with me, I rather have 2 or 3 friends I can really trust. And for your information, I'm real enough.

Is it alright if we can keep the forums what it should be used for: Connecting with each other.
In all honesty, that's for me the only main reason I am here.
Who agrees?

friday-damn-gif.gif

Blah, blah, blah.

Keep telling yourself your a girl, I know for a fact.

Don't worry darling, I'm just trying to show a point here that I am sure is very obvious. This little "girl" is not a girl and everyone "she" ever said "she" is a girl has been lied too. Now if these people like to be lied too, that is their problem. Now if you want to roll with a real girl that has legit information to show she is for real, you hit me up.

Enough said.
If you can't prove you are a girl here and only going to by-pass showing evidence, then you have already proven my obvious point.

Word homey.
Esexy has spoken.
I have more important things to do, like making you all in GT6 eat my dust.

Last edited:
Is it alright if we can keep the forums what it should be used for: Connecting with each other.
In all honesty, that's for me the only main reason I am here.
Who agrees?

Very true. I like the forums for the information they supply. On both meetings and other things like tuning etcetera.

Thing is, I don't mind if people see me defending myself. If she wants to have a go at me personally, that is not my fault.

Keep telling yourself your a girl, I know for a fact.

Same fact, as: I'm such a bad drifter?

Oh I like you, we going to get along just fine.

Well I was going to simply say, I like you too if you look like anything your DP, because I just assumed your some
dude, but then I clicked on your name after reading all this arguing about "female" stuff and realised you might actually be a girl for real rofl.

I am not actually Arnie in case you thought so. I was just trolling a guy who quoted my DP and then his quote turned to my new pic.

Happy to play with you when I get my game in the mail.

Very true. I like the forums for the information they supply. On both meetings and other things like tuning etcetera.

Thing is, I don't mind if people see me defending myself. If she wants to have a go at me personally, that is not my fault.

If you agree with me, please stop the arguing, because there's never 1 side to this. Anyway to both @Gonales and @Elexy . Please?

If you agree with me, please stop the arguing, because there's never 1 side to this. Anyway to both @Gonales and @Elexy . Please?

I respect you baby, you got my word and I'm down. I didn't come here to cause problems, just all the BS she started to make up about the breaking and all got to me, lol!

Well I was going to simply say, I like you too if you look like anything your DP, because I just assumed your some
dude, but then I clicked on your name after reading all this arguing about "female" stuff and realised you might actually be a girl for real rofl.

I am not actually Arnie in case you thought so. I was just trolling a guy who quoted my DP and then his quote turned to my new pic.

Happy to play with you when I get my game in the mail.

Welcome to the Guilty Squad.

Same fact, as: I'm such a bad drifter?

Your post speak just that, even screams it as well.

A tire skidding while locked sounds completely different than a tire that breaks traction. This game sounds like they're using a clip that repeats itself a .000 of a second. There is nothing smooth about it.

A tire skidding while locked sounds completely different than a tire that breaks traction. This game sounds like they're using a clip that repeats itself a .000 of a second. There is nothing smooth about it.

Who said that skidding sounds are smooth?.. You hear the real sound the tires make while in the car... Not while the car is passing by you.

Who said that skidding sounds are smooth?.. You hear the real sound the tires make while in the car... Not while the car is passing by you.

like most games, they record the sounds from a real track, after that look at how it sounds like and then try to recreate that into the game. although i think a computer made skid sound would turn out better here (or just using the old sounds, which i hope they will put back in there with the next update)

Sorry if that went over your head. The sound used while holding the ebrake is also used while the tires are spinning.

I like this guy, why haven't I seen you around before?

Doesn't matter who I am or where I come from.
I don't create reputations for myself, I just take the reputation of others.

Sorry if that went over your head. The sound used while holding the ebrake is also used while the tires are spinning.

You have to consider how close the sound recorder is to the car, that's to start with. And if those two sounds the same, then it is obvious they never actually did an additional sound FX file to get this extra detail in the game.

(note: this is more based on my own knowledge and also my opinion, so it's possible that parts are not right at all)

@Elexy is right on one part for sure: the sound of the skids are, you could say, stationary while driving.
I study sound (my major is Mediadesigning aka videos) as it is a major part in making videos and i can say atleast one thing for sure: whenever u need a sound that will later get looped, you don't just put one version of the sound in it. You atleast put about 6 different sounds that are loopable in it, even if it's a short loop, like 30 seconds.
I'm not sure if they considered the skid sounds to be like this while going sideways with about 60mph.
If you have played the career mode a lot, you will notice that the skid sounds are perfectly fine when u hear them for just a little bit.

But then again, has anybody focused on the sound while watching a replay they did on a full track run?
It still sounds bad, but it does sound a tiny bit more realistic.

I would recommend locking this as it has become a fighting ring and not a proper argument. :fp:

It is a proper argument now because the person that didn't know what they were talking about left.

(note: this is more based on my own knowledge and also my opinion, so it's possible that parts are not right at all)

@Elexy is right on one part for sure: the sound of the skids are, you could say, stationary while driving.
I study sound (my major is Mediadesigning aka videos) as it is a major part in making videos and i can say atleast one thing for sure: whenever u need a sound that will later get looped, you don't just put one version of the sound in it. You atleast put about 6 different sounds that are loopable in it, even if it's a short loop, like 30 seconds.
I'm not sure if they considered the skid sounds to be like this while going sideways with about 60mph.
If you have played the career mode a lot, you will notice that the skid sounds are perfectly fine when u hear them for just a little bit.

But then again, has anybody focused on the sound while watching a replay they did on a full track run?
It still sounds bad, but it does sound a tiny bit more realistic.

I fix race cars for a living, own my own garage for it. I basically drive the cars in a speedway I own myself across the street from my garage to make sure they are working the way should. Now, I can assure you, getting every bit of sound quality perfectly is near impossible. The main problem is all the sounds the car makes while driving that don't have to even do with the tires. Internal parts rubbing against each other and all, it is not easy to create 100% perfect sounds. As you said, many sounds needs to be professionally re-created using a digital sound creator. But yes, when it comes to looping sound, you just can't use a single sound file because it will not work. What they should use is different sounds which are loopable but still fit the main sound used overall. But all this takes time, and I just guess Sony got lazy and just cloned the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back