Drifting Perfection: Ultimate Drift Tuning Program & Guide

• Thread starter GhostZ
  • 63 comments
I always felt the GT5 LSD settings catered to a clutch/cone type LSD.

So accel & decel settings were more for the "shape" of the pressure ring notch for the pinion gear. The higher the value, the more sharp (diamond like) the shape. The lower the value, the more rounded (half moon shaped) the notch becomes. Thus changing how and when the pressure rings expand to the clutches to contact the differential housing to "lock" the differential. I feel the game simulates this fairly well.

That being said I never run a 60 value for my accel or decel...

An LSD is a differential system. It doesn't necessarily have to be locked to be honest. :)

Limited Slip Differential prevents one tyre from receiving 100% of the power so both wheels are always in rotation. An LSD is between locked and open.

Last edited:
For me some women are just crazy, there is nothing you must understand, they are just totally crazy.

Those ones can be fun.

Until they chuck a lamp at your head.

In all seriousness, my transition from racing high power prototypes to drifting has got me all spun around when it comes to differential tuning. What I thought I knew only barely applies and what I know I don't know could fill oceans, so it still comes down to trial and error for me.

Last edited:
Back