Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,385 comments
I’m in a similar boat. Using a ts-xw on both Xbox and PS4. I’m sure everything feels a lot weaker on PlayStation where it’s being emulated as a t300. I assume the signals sent to the wheel from the PlayStation are weaker because it thinks it’s connected to a weaker wheel.
It is what it is though. Far better than paying for (and having space for) 2 wheels lol.

I havent noticed anything like that. My tspc works as in pc and if i up the ffb strength in gt sport then the whell gets really heavy.

Having issues with Drivehub and a new set of Fanatec CSL Elite load cell pedals on GT Sport.

I was using Drivehub before without problems with a G920 wheel and pedal set in GT Sport (even though the pedals had to be connected separately using a Thrustmaster RJ12 / DB9 adapter and Fanatec mode on the Drivehub).

After connecting pedals and wheel to Drivehub via USB, GT Sport says brake pressure is less than 50% when I'm pressing down completely on the brake. (This happened with the Logitech pedals, too which is why I did the TM workaround.)

I've tried the two different Drivehub modes.
I've updated Drivehub to 2.0.5-beta.1.
According the the DriveHub site the G920 wheel should connect directly via USB to drivehub. The pedals should connect via a "T.RJ Adapter". I have no idea what that is. Does anyone else?
Response from Drivehub tech support has been the rudimentary questions regarding connections above.

The old school phone-looking cable that comes with the Fanatec pedals is different than the Thrustmaster one so I can't use the TM adapter I already have.

Anybody else using Fanatec CSL Elite pedals + G920 wheel + DriveHub and GT Sport?

Thanks in advance.

@Podger post #1563 above goes into greater detail about the issues I'm having with DriveHub and this setup. Thank you.
The problem I think is GT sport, the g29 pedals have a stopper in them, so the game only ever thinks the pedal can be pushed 70% or some such...
luckily you have the 3 pedal set and can just calibrate them on your pc... it will probably take a bit of trial and error tho...

I have a Drivehub and the copilot and DFGT and G25 pedals and my pedals ain't gonna connect with a thrustmaster adaper ok, look at the connector of the thrustmaster addon and g25 pedals, where do they connect? please tell me, and I'll post here because I have those items, so don't be a jerk

@Podger

Question for you: my friend bought my Fanatec v2.5 but plans on using his G27 pedals temporarily. He wants to buy the Co-Pilot, but we both wonder one thing: can he use the V2.5 standalone on PC, connected to its own USB, with only the pedals using the DriveHub+copilot as a way to convert them to USB?

Thanks a lot for your product by the way, made it easy for a lot of my friends to use their wheel with GT Sport :)

@Podger

Question for you: my friend bought my Fanatec v2.5 but plans on using his G27 pedals temporarily. He wants to buy the Co-Pilot, but we both wonder one thing: can he use the V2.5 standalone on PC, connected to its own USB, with only the pedals using the DriveHub+copilot as a way to convert them to USB?

Thanks a lot for your product by the way, made it easy for a lot of my friends to use their wheel with GT Sport :)

this is much simpler:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/using-g27-pedals-and-shifters-with-fanatec.393377/

I have a Drivehub and the copilot and DFGT and G25 pedals and my pedals ain't gonna connect with a thrustmaster adaper ok, look at the connector of the thrustmaster addon and g25 pedals, where do they connect? please tell me, and I'll post here because I have those items, so don't be a jerk

I said you need both adapters. Podger was the one that told me it works.

I did this with my G920/Drivehub on PS4 so I could remove the rubber bumper and get full travel in GTS without the deadzone at the end (The TM usb adapter auto calibrates), the only difference is I made my own DB9 to T.RJ12 cable/adapter, but did have to buy the T.RJ12 to USB TM adapter as recommended by Podger. I even made a second patch cable with the brake and clutch swapped so I could quickly swap the brake and clutch pedals around when I was testing different setups and do quick comparisons, like the GTEye spring. (I didn't use the clutch as a clutch)

I also have a Copilot but used this setup first.

Attached are pics of my cable with TM usb adapter, and the official TM DB9 to T.RJ12 cable.

Attachments

• DB9 adapter.jpg
    DB9 adapter.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 45
  • TM DB9 to TRJ12.jpg
    TM DB9 to TRJ12.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 44
Wow, didn't know it could be that easy! Do you think the DriveHub solution could work in the meantime? Because he will get the Co-pilot anyway for console use.
Well the copilot will connect to a pc without the DriveHub... its just a hid joystick with 3 sliders.. so you should be able to just map those I think.

Attached are pics of my cable with TM usb adapter, and the official TM DB9 to T.RJ12 cable.
Hmm, that's interesting. Are the wires in the same order as instructed by Podger or would using a standard ethernet to serial adapter work for connecting the Logitech pedals to the Fanatec base?

Well the copilot will connect to a pc without the DriveHub... its just a hid joystick with 3 sliders.. so you should be able to just map those I think.
That's great to know. I've been struggling with using my CSW2.5 on my PC via the DriveHub. If I can connect the wheelbase and the Co-Pilot both into my PC separately and then use CSW2.5 PC drivers, that would solve my issues I think. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hmm, that's interesting. Are the wires in the same order as instructed by Podger or would using a standard ethernet to serial adapter work for connecting the Logitech pedals to the Fanatec base?
Yes one cable was wired the same as Podgers, the second one I switched the clutch and brake wiring, I don't know about connecting to Fanatec base.

That's great to know. I've been struggling with using my CSW2.5 on my PC via the DriveHub. If I can connect the wheelbase and the Co-Pilot both into my PC separately and then use CSW2.5 PC drivers, that would solve my issues I think. Thanks!
When you test it, can you report? I'm very curious about this :) My friend should get his Copilot soon, but independent testing can't hurt :)

Thanks a lot for this! We will test and report back.

When you test it, can you report?
Just tested it. Plugged CSW2.5 and the Co-Pilot with Logitech pedals connected into 2 different USB ports on my PC and everything worked like a charm. The Fanatec driver recognized the Co-Pilot separately and everything worked, however the pedals needed to be inverted (I did this from inside Assetto Corsa settings).

Just tested it. Plugged CSW2.5 and the Co-Pilot with Logitech pedals connected into 2 different USB ports on my PC and everything worked like a charm. The Fanatec driver recognized the Co-Pilot separately and everything worked, however the pedals needed to be inverted (I did this from inside Assetto Corsa settings).
Thank you for testing it out! Now we know it works! I'll tell my friend, he'll be super happy! :D

I said you need both adapters. Podger was the one that told me it works.

I did this with my G920/Drivehub on PS4 so I could remove the rubber bumper and get full travel in GTS without the deadzone at the end (The TM usb adapter auto calibrates), the only difference is I made my own DB9 to T.RJ12 cable/adapter, but did have to buy the T.RJ12 to USB TM adapter as recommended by Podger. I even made a second patch cable with the brake and clutch swapped so I could quickly swap the brake and clutch pedals around when I was testing different setups and do quick comparisons, like the GTEye spring. (I didn't use the clutch as a clutch)

I also have a Copilot but used this setup first.

Ahh , got ye now, sorry If I was rude, got a set of thrustmaster pedals coming tomorrow, heres hoping I have no more issues.

Hi,

Currently upgrading my sim rig and using a ps4 pro but looking to move onto a PC later this year.

Will a drivehub and an extra usb hub allow me to run the following on a ps4?

-t300rs wheelbase
-Heusinkveld sim sprint pedals
-Aiologs shifter
-Aiologs Handbrake

Back