Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,303 comments
Hello to all i recieved the DH today worked all very well and fast nice piece thx for that :)

i only have 1 doubt inside Pcars2 not reconize my wheel base either the rim someone may know why or what iam doing wrong
i have the wheel base 2.5 from fanatec and the Formula Rim the DH is set on Fanatec Mode but only reconize the csl ps4 wheel base and a thruthmaster rim and not know why
its a bug, even the genuine fanatec ps4 base does that... you should see the correct picture tho

G29 + CSW Pedals V1. Pedals don't work. Wheel does. Pedals are plugged into accessory port. Asseto Corsa PS4 pro. Very disappointed.

On start up the drive hub read out shows DFGT ?

I was under the impression that I could use whatever wheel, with whatever pedals, with whatever console.
This isn't happening.

I am using full data usb cables for all connections.

Put your g29 back to PS4 mode and update the fW on your DriveHub

driving-force-racing-wheel.jpg

https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

Last edited:
I was under the impression that I could use whatever wheel, with whatever pedals, with whatever console. This isn't happening.

Maybe the title of this thread can be a bit misleading for some; "Any Wheel On Any Console - Almost", as they don't seem to understand the "almost" part. There is a list of compatible consoles, wheels, & accessories in the OP, & no you can't literally use any wheel with any console. Glad your set up is working now though.

VBR
Maybe the title of this thread can be a bit misleading for some; "Any Wheel On Any Console - Almost", as they don't seem to understand the "almost" part. There is a list of compatible consoles, wheels, & accessories in the OP, & no you can't literally use any wheel with any console. Glad your set up is working now though.

Realistically, the word "almost" means "not quite; very nearly", and that's more than a "bit" misleading

May I suggest editing the title from:-

"Drive Hub: Use Any Wheel On Any Console - Almost!"

to:-

"Drive Hub: Use Virtually any FFB Wheel On PS4/XB1!"

Collective Minds uses the word "virtually"

If console support broadens, add abbreviations for those consoles to the title

Seeing as several people found it misleading, & probably more that we don't know about, I've changed it to "Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter". Only problem is now Google will freak out & it may take a while for it to reappear in searches. Same thing happened when I changed my review title.

I can confirm the following combos work just fine for me

PS3/GT6/G920
PS4Pro/PCars2/G27
PS4Pro/PCars2/G920 (I prefer this because the Xbox button acts as a PS button)

Hey guys... First i'm Sorry for my bad english if I'm making mistakes.

I read a lot about that drivehub and ordered one for a friend of mine...

Since the delivery was today, i configured it with his ps4 and the old fanatec csw1 like showed in the manual.

Everything works fine in pc2... Except the force feedback, its simply not existing.

Wheel is in fanatec mode (f)... Latest Firmware on both - drivehub and base...

I am outta ideas... Someone knowing how to fix that?

Maybe not in PC mode? How to get in that mode with the f1 wheel?

Last edited:

Since the delivery was today, i configured it with my ps4 and the old fanatec csw1 like showed in the manual.

Everything works fine in pc2... Except the force feedback, its simply not existing.

Have you tried a different game? I have issue every now and then with Force Feedback with Project Cars 2.

Have you tried a different game? I have issue every now and then with Force Feedback with Project Cars 2.

He tried it with pc1 - but there is only fanalogic mode, the test was really short... But yes, there is ff available...

Reconnecting every cable, restarting the wheel many times... Nothing seems to work - i cant get force feedback to work with pc2

Last edited:

Since the delivery was today, i configured it with his ps4 and the old fanatec csw1 like showed in the manual.

Not existing at all or very weak? Some of the reviews have said the PS4 FFB is week out of the box for PC2 compared to PC1. Try different cars and let us know. I have the Drivehub and so far have only used it for F1 2017 and FFB is very strong in that game in Native Fanatec Mode. In Fanalogic mode the game is way too strong for its FFB.

Hi again... Thanks for the help so far...

Yesterday i got FF to work after a little mental breakdown :)

I realized, there was a newer firmware out for the wheel base... I flashed it and... Nothing... No force Feedback...

And yes, really no FF... Not very weak, simply not there...

So, latest firmware on the wheel, latest firmware on Drivehub... Only as a joke and last solution, i deleted the game from the ps4 and reinstalled it... Waited for the update to get ready and startet the game...

Voila... Here we go with all the benefits and features and of course... Force Feedback...that wheel should have.

Now it is really impressiv and i am just glad i ordered that little Box.

Last edited:
I was against buying this as I thought it was priced a little more than I wanted to pay for it to be good value. Then I thought oh just buy it, then the P&P really put me off.

If you buy from the Collective Minds website, they have UK stock with free delivery, & if you use the GTPLANET10 promo code at the checkout you'll get it for £80.99.

👍

Last edited:
Damn... I bought it from their store... But didnt know about the promo code, since i read here a few pages ago and now your posting :banghead:

:)

Damn... I bought it from their store... But didnt know about the promo code, since i read here a few pages ago and now your posting :banghead:

That promo code only became available on the 26th September, & I updated the OP accordingly. Nevermind.

VBR
If you buy from the Collective Minds website, they have UK stock with free delivery, & if you use the GTPLANET10 promo code at the checkout you'll get it for £80.99.

👍
Thanks, but that £20 over the price that I thought was 10-15 quid over the price i already thought was too much for my liking. For reference, the G29 was £120 at Xmas on Amazon and I'm sure I could pick it up for that on Amazon again if I kept an eye on it. That's just 40 quid more than paying to get my G27 to work. Don't want another Logitech either so it's not cost effective to me. £50 is a good number, £65 I convinced mysel. Back to square one, which involves seeing what Fanatec DD wheel offers.

Edit: wait, if it's free delivery, and there's a discount code, why does still cost more than the £65 retail price? Or have I imagined that price?

...if it's free delivery, and there's a discount code, why does still cost more than the £65 retail price? Or have I imagined that price?

The Drive Hub is being sold by two different companies, on two different websites. Collective Minds made the device, & sell it worldwide on their website. Cronusmax is owned by Collective Minds, & sell it through their website also. Collective Minds owns the Cronusmax brand, but Cronusmax is an independently functioning business & is not micromanaged by Collective Minds. So, we have this situation where the product is priced differently on each website. Cronus charges about £70 for the Drive Hub (which fluctuates with the currency conversion USD vs The Pound, & accounts for your £65 retail price), & charges about £18 for worldwide delivery. Collective Minds charges £89.99 for UK customers & includes "free" delivery. In actual reality, both prices are very similar! However, if you buy from Cronusmax, which has US stock only, then you'll be charged 20% VAT by UK Customs, plus an £11 handling charge by Parcel Force (see this video). Collective Minds has a Canadian website, but has stock in the UK, so you'll only be charged £89.99, or £80.99 with the GT Plantet promo code. I found this situation to be extremely confusing for customers, & tried my best to discreetly draw attention to it in my review under point 10 so people could work out the best ordering & shipping option for themselves.

Last edited:
VBR
The Drive Hub is being sold by two different companies, on two different websites. Collective Minds made the device, & sell it worldwide on their website. Cronusmax is owned by Collective Minds, & sell it through their website also. Collective Minds owns the Cronusmax brand, but Cronusmax is an independently functioning business & is not micromanaged by Collective Minds. So, we have this situation where the product is priced differently on each website. Cronus charges about £70 for the Drive Hub (which fluctuates with the currency conversion USD vs The Pound, & accounts for your £65 retail price), & charges about £18 for worldwide delivery. Collective Minds charges £89.99 for UK customers & includes "free" delivery. In actual reality, both prices are very similar! However, if you buy from Cronusmax, which has US stock only, then you'll be charged 20% VAT by UK Customs, plus an £11 handling charge by Parcel Force (see this video). Collective Minds has a Canadian website, but has stock in the UK, so you'll only be charged £89.99, of £80.99 with the GT Plantet promo code. I found this situation to be extremely confusing for customers, & tried my best to discreetly draw attention to it in my review in point 10, so people could work out the best ordering & shipping option for themselves.
Thanks, more than I want to pay really. I will just buy anew wheel when I sell my house, hopefully before Xmas.

Fanatec V2.0 base and 918 wheel: Have tried the hub on PC1 and the Assorto games but the leds on the wheel are not illuminated. Good wheel sensation but don't feel the rumble strips. Do I have to go into a different mode and if so How?

When GT Sport is released which mode should be used?

Fanatec V2.0 base and 918 wheel: Have tried the hub on PC1 and the Assorto games but the leds on the wheel are not illuminated. Good wheel sensation but don't feel the rumble strips. Do I have to go into a different mode and if so How?

When GT Sport is released which mode should be used?

For Project Cars ONE, you DO NOT NEED to use the Drive Hub with the Fanatec Clubsport V2.0 base. Project Cars ONE fully supports the CSW V2.0. using the hub may be causing you the issues you described as it's not needed. For Project Cars TWO you will for sure need to use the Hub. I highly recommend you use the native Fanatec mode. Do not use the FANALOGIC MODE.

For Assetto Corsa use the Fanatec native mode.

26/09/17 – Version 2.0.0 changelog since version 2.0.0-rc.14 - Source (scroll down).

• Added – xb1 now correctly enters and exits from sleep mode, wakes correctly using controller guide button.
  • Fixed – G920 reverse.
  • Added – PS3/PC mode, using a DS3 in port 1, drivehub emulates a t500 for TM wheels and G27 for others. For use on PS3 and PC games that dont support newer wheels.
  • Fixed – G920 setting aperture to 900° at connection. Noticed in Project Cars as it doesn’t set the aperture.
  • Fixed – DFGT setting aperture delayed to allow for extended boot time.
  • Fixed – DFGT & DFPRO sequential gears were reversed.
  • Added – host driver for CSR Elite, CSW V1 & V2 USB pedal sets.
  • Fixed – CSW 2.5 rim RPM leds.
  • Fixed – Fanalogic/Fantech mode switching, correct display sent to rim 7 segment display.
  • Added – Start & Left combo to switch mode on PWTS where Start & Back share the same rocker switch and can’t be used together.
  • Fixed – CSL E base RPM leds.
  • Added – mapped PS3/PS4 wheels LT and RT to Gas and Brake to browse menus on Forza and Project Cars.
  • Added – mapped G920 LSB and RSB to PS4 L2 and R2 rather that L3 and R3 – for convenience.
  • Added – FFB support for T500 as a hosted wheel on PS4.
  • Fixed – blocked random bad commands from F1 2017 and Dirt 4, causing CSR to hard lock left.
  • Added – support to stop DS4 BT connection when being used by DriveHub.
  • Fixed – fanatec rumble emulation ot stopping when exiting race.
  • General Bug Fixes.

Please direct any enquiries to @Podger

V2 Owners Manual available here.

Last edited:
Back