Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,387 comments
I just wanted to quickly mention the T500 FFB/drivehub and full version of Forza 7 on the Xbox is IMO fantastic.

I am using out of the box FFB settings, and I am sure there are further improvements for FFB feel.

Hi All
I'm looking for some feedback of the non-force variety... Has anyone with a DriveHub used a Thrustmaster TH8-RS successfully... I have a TH8A myself it works great, but I never managed to acquire the previous version...
Thanks in advance

Guys I have been using a logitech G29 on my PC. I am now thinking about buying an Xbox One (especially for Forza Motorsports 7) when it is released. If I buy drive hub, can I use my G29 on Xbox one by connoting it thru drivehub? Did anyone tried G29 on an Xbox One via a drive hub? Does Xbox recognize it as a controller, and do wheels, FF and pedals work well?

Guys I have been using a logitech G29 on my PC. I am now thinking about buying an Xbox One (especially for Forza Motorsports 7) when it is released. If I buy drive hub, can I use my G29 on Xbox one by connoting it thru drivehub? Did anyone tried G29 on an Xbox One via a drive hub? Does Xbox recognize it as a controller, and do wheels, FF and pedals work well?
Forza 7 is already released since 2nd October.
Yes, DriveHub will connect your G29 to the Xb1 as a G920. FFB is fully functional.

Yes, you can use your G29 with XB1 via Drive Hub. I've not tried my G29 on XB1, but I did try my G25 on both PS4 & XB1 in Project CARS & it felt identical. Drive Hub does not recognise wheels as controllers, no, it recognises a wheel as a wheel; in your case the G29 will be recognised by the XB1 as a G920. The FFB will be identical, & all the pedals will work. However, the extra buttons that the G29 has over the G920 will not work, & there are 2 buttons on the G920 that don't even work on XB1 so they won't work on the G29 either. Also, the G920 doesn't have rev lights, so they won't work on your G29 when plugged into an XB1.

I read through the whole thread and it seemed like this is all too good to be true but it sounds like this is actually the holy grail for us sim racers that don’t want to invest a new wheel lol. I was really disappointed with how the compatibility was handled since I have a G27 that is in great shape and don’t want to upgrade to a G29 or anything else right now, especially with rumors about the PS5 coming out within the next two years or so which makes it hard to determine what will and will not be compatible (I am NOT spending a few hundred dollars on a wheel I can only use for two years).

I just have a couple of questions about the Drive Hub:

1. I know that it says it’s compatible with the G27. I’m guessing that includes things like the G27 pedals and shifter as well?

2. My PS4 isn’t near a computer so it could get annoying having to unplug everything and go to my computer room just to update the Drive Hub. Can you still use it without doing the firmware updates?

@soundtiger95

1 yes yes

2 Updating the firmware only needs to be done when you want the latest features. I think the G25 and G27 are feature complete for the ps4
it takes only 1 minute to update. So no big deal.

Straigth out of the box it works with my G25 and from what I've read also for G27 users.

@soundtiger95

1 yes yes

2 Updating the firmware only needs to be done when you want the latest features. I think the G25 and G27 are feature complete for the ps4
it takes only 1 minute to update. So no big deal.

Straigth out of the box it works with my G25 and from what I've read also for G27 users.

Perfect, thank you so much! :D

I read through the whole thread and it seemed like this is all too good to be true...

If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. However, there is an exception to every rule, & Drive Hub is that exception. I tested a G29 & G25 with it, & everything is 100% working. All my testing was done on day 1 firmware as well, but I would recommend installing the latest version before you set it up. See my review for more details.

Last edited:
For a friend.... can you plug DFGT in wheel port and a G27 in the accesoires port. DFGT for the wheel function and G27 for the pedal function. Is that possible?

For a friend.... can you plug DFGT in wheel port and a G27 in the accesoires port. DFGT for the wheel function and G27 for the pedal function. Is that possible?
Thats a wierd request..so you have a DFGT and a G27....... and you think the DFGT is better :banghead:
and all you want from the G27 is the pedals ????? :banghead:
-OR- are you asking on behalf of a friend ??

@Podger , my friend has a G27 of which the wheel does not calibrate, but the pedals work on ps3. He also has a fully functional DFGT. He already ordered a DH. And I was just wondering if he could use the steering of the DFGT and the pedals of the G27. Obviously both have to be wired up properly and put in the Wheel and Accessories ports respectively.

The DFGT is of course not better than the G27, but at least the DFGT wheel works and the pedals of the G27 are of course better than the DFGT's pedals.

@Podger , my friend has a G27 of which the wheel does not calibrate, but the pedals work on ps3. He also has a fully functional DFGT. He already ordered a DH. And I was just wondering if he could use the steering of the DFGT and the pedals of the G27. Obviously both have to be wired up properly and put in the Wheel and Accessories ports respectively.

The DFGT is of course not better than the G27, but at least the DFGT wheel works and the pedals of the G27 are of course better than the DFGT's pedals.
We have something in he pipe line for achieving this but it won’t be ready for a while.. the solution that come to mind for now is the following :
http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/t-rj12-usb-adapter.html
http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/db9-pedals-t-rj12-adapter.html
Put those 2 together between DriveHub and pedals

@poolhaas, take note of the above message fro Podger. 2 extra pieces from Thrustmaster and you can plug your G27 pedals in the accessories port of the drivehub.

@Podger correct me if I am wrong.

@poolhaas, take note of the above message fro Podger. 2 extra pieces from Thrustmaster and you can plug your G27 pedals in the accessories port of the drivehub.
yes that's exactly right.. and I've actually tested it, I'm not just saying it

Cheers for the reply, but I still haven't given up on my G27 yet, when all else fails I'll look into using the G27 pedals on my DFGT :)

Drivehub + CSW 2.5 + GT Sport Demo = Does it work OK???

Thinking about ordering one, the noisy Fanatec CSL PS4 wheelbase and the overpriced Thrustmaster T-GT are pushing me towards the Drivehub.

I downloaded the GT Sport Demo. As of right now the CSW V2.0 using the drive hub works, but there is no Force Feedback. You can navigate all the menus within the game and drive the car, but again...no FFB. I have it set to native Fanatec mode thinking if there was support in GT Sport for the CSL then we would be dialed in. Well, as of right now, the CSL Elite does not appear in the Controller Options section of GT Sport, which is disappointing. Only Thrustmaster and one Logitech. I will assume if you set your Drivehub to FANALOGIC mode you will get force feedback.

Let's just hope this is a demo thing and the final product has native Fanatec Support for the official CSL Elite.

Back