Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,387 comments
My G27 isn't calibrating when I plug into the console. I've followed the proper order and all the buttons work as they should, but the wheel itself doesn't calibrate and is unresponsive. Anyone have any insight?

Edit: Disregard, the relevant cord was just barely not plugged in fully.

Last edited:
My G27 isn't calibrating when I plug into the console. I've followed the proper order and all the buttons work as they should, but the wheel itself doesn't calibrate and is unresponsive. Anyone have any insight?
Plug in the power supply

Tried GT Sport Beta with my CSW v2.5, P1 Elite (Xbox Wheel) and CSL Elite Pedals and everything worked out of the box. Had to tweak the Force on the wheel since it's quite heavy ingame, but otherwise, no problem here :) I'm a happy camper!

FMW
I downloaded the GT Sport Demo. As of right now the CSW V2.0 using the drive hub works, but there is no Force Feedback. You can navigate all the menus within the game and drive the car, but again...no FFB. I have it set to native Fanatec mode thinking if there was support in GT Sport for the CSL then we would be dialed in. Well, as of right now, the CSL Elite does not appear in the Controller Options section of GT Sport, which is disappointing. Only Thrustmaster and one Logitech. I will assume if you set your Drivehub to FANALOGIC mode you will get force feedback.

Let's just hope this is a demo thing and the final product has native Fanatec Support for the official CSL Elite.
I have no FFB on either CSW 2.0 or my CSR. Mine is set to Fanalogic mode. On both wheels, FF was set to 100, and I maxed the ingame FFB to 10, and no luck.

I'm playing in fanalogic mode, FFB at least gives more curb feedback then PCARS.
We need a patch for rotary dial (right one). It is too sensitive and dials up tc to the max on turn.

I was going to get a CSL PS4 Wheel but was just holding back for a while. Being in the US it was late getting released here anyway. I was not really sure about getting one. I was concerned about the durability of it. I already have a DriveHub. Now with the DriveHub I really think I will get a CSW V2.5 with the F1 wheel and the CSL load cell pedals. I had a V2 Wheel but sold it when I bought my AccuForce Wheel. I was pretty happy with the V2 so I would like to get a V2.5 now. I had terrible luck in the past with Thrustmaster wheels and just want a better quality wheel. Nothing else out there to get that I know of.

I'm playing in fanalogic mode, FFB at least gives more curb feedback then PCARS.
We need a patch for rotary dial (right one). It is too sensitive and dials up tc to the max on turn.

Ingame PCars2 FX is for Curbs, but i am playing ob PC, the Curbs are great at ~70

I posted this yesterday in the GTS Demo Forum, but I think it equally applies here (with some slight edits):

I don't know whether to make my comments here or in the Drive Hub forum...but I am here now so I'll go right ahead.

Note: I have never owned a GT title, I have never played any GT title more than 10 minutes and I have never played it with a wheel.

That said, even though I still will be trying to figure out whether there were any communication issues between my Thrustmaster TX, Drive Hub, PS4 Pro and my CPX, I was terribly impressed with my first go around.

I was surprised that with only mild intuitive adjustments, even on Professional, I felt like I had more control over my car than in Forza 7, and PC2, although to be fair to PC2 I really haven't dialed things in yet.

Quite simply, though, having played all three games to some small degree now I can honestly say that GTS might be the most fun driving I've had right out of the box.

As stated I am a little worried that something may be "lost in translation" between my wheel, the drive hub and the PS4 as I had to set all setting up to 10 on the FFB to get a reasonable feel from it on my Thrustamster TX (599XX EVO wheel, Fanatec V1 pedals, using the CPX for communication between the wheel and pedals). However, I am still so very pleased that my recently purchased Drive Hub works, and furthermore, I did enjoy the comfortable control over my car while on the track regardless of who credit should go to: Polyphony, Collective Minds or Thrustmaster!

This is getting close to a definite buy for me, but again, I really need to see where I am at with the DH and whether it is giving me a reasonably accurate interpretation of GTS.

I will say I was not able to use my Thrustmaster shifter, but that may be due to another issue entirely, I don't know. I do know the DH recognizes my wheel as the 458, which I believe is accurate as it is the same TX servo for both.

Wrapping it up, again, I must stress that I was surprised how much I enjoyed my driving experience with GTS and I am now a little disappointed that after the next couple of days I will have to wait a week before experiencing it again!

Peace, my friends!

I will say I was not able to use my Thrustmaster shifter, but that may be due to another issue entirely, I don't know. I do know the DH recognizes my wheel as the 458, which I believe is accurate as it is the same TX servo for both.

Wrapping it up, again, I must stress that I was surprised how much I enjoyed my driving experience with GTS and I am now a little disappointed that after the next couple of days I will have to wait a week before experiencing it again!

Peace, my friends!
You'll need to plug the shifter into the accessory port as the TM wheels in PC-mode replicate a T500 that doesn't have a DIN socket for the shifter.

the TX is announced as a 458 Italia , simply because it can be spelled on a 7 segment and "X" can't be :)

There should be nothing lost in the conversion process from the PS4 mode to PC mode FFB.

the TX should be presented to the console as a T300 which has an equivalent Torque... (TMX as a T150 etc.. ) You should use the T300 profile in GTS.

You'll need to plug the shifter into the accessory port as the TM wheels in PC-mode replicate a T500 that doesn't have a DIN socket for the shifter.

the TX is announced as a 458 Italia , simply because it can be spelled on a 7 segment and "X" can't be :)

There should be nothing lost in the conversion process from the PS4 mode to PC mode FFB.

the TX should be presented to the console as a T300 which has an equivalent Torque... (TMX as a T150 etc.. ) You should use the T300 profile in GTS.

Podger, you are awesome!

Thanks, Buddy. I will give it a try.

EDIT: Honestly, right now my most cherised sim racing possession is my Drive Hub. As of now it changes what I might do in the future with respect to a repalcement wheel. Although I love my Thrustmaster TX, still.

EDIT 2: I may not have an issues at all, it could just be the strength of the TX. I will try to compare it between GTS, F7 and PC2. I haven't touched F7 since last week Friday so my muscle memory is a little off.

Last edited:
As stated I am a little worried that something may be "lost in translation" between my wheel, the drive hub and the PS4 as I had to set all setting up to 10 on the FFB to get a reasonable feel from it on my Thrustamster TX (599XX EVO wheel, Fanatec V1 pedals, using the CPX for communication between the wheel and pedals).

That is very odd indeed as most people are reporting the complete opposite in GT Sport with wheels being far too heavy & having to turn everything right down. I had to turn the FFB down to 4/1 on my G29 otherwise all I got was clipping (was at 10/10 in GT6).

VBR
That is very odd indeed as most people are reporting the complete opposite in GT Sport with wheels being far too heavy & having to turn everything right down. I had to turn the FFB down to 4/1 on my G29 otherwise all I got was clipping (was at 10/10 in GT6).

Wow...ok, that is interesting. i will have to see with th other games.

EDIT: BTW, I haven't updated my firmware on my wheel since last year. I figured it just wouldn't work if I didn't have the firmware update, but could this be having an effect?

I haven't updated my firmware on my wheel since last year. I figured it just wouldn't work if I didn't have the firmware update, but could this be having an effect?

No idea. Try it & see.

When I tried GTS with my CSW v2/DH, it was just plain bad. Noticed that I had to use L-mode cause with F-mode there was no FFB, althought everything worked otherwise. But biggest problem was overly strong ffb(spring mainly) I had to put everything from game to 1, otherwise I was unable to steer, due almost "locked out" wheel. I had wheel's setting 900 degrees and 100ffb. But even when I was able to drive with that 1/1 ffb setting, feel was very dull, like floating.

Assetto corsa blows GTS out so much that it's not even funny. If I drive GTS in the fuiture, I guess I do it with controller, not with wheel.

edit. And also still can't get my CSW to work properly in Drive Club, I get only wheel breaking(of it feels like it) harsh vibration, and every time when I try to adjust things(from game or from wheel) even that ffb is gone. Until I shut game and come back. Would like to know which settings ppl use ingame and in CSW v2's own menu in DC.

So I gotta spend another 90 bucks to get this thing In order for my fanatec CSL Elite wheel just to work on GT Sport.. :boggled:

I'll give it a few days but if I gotta do it well alright.

Podger, I obviously see the t300 on there amongst the options, but I don't see where it definitely designates it as the wheel I am using.

Additionally, I tried fiddling around with the force feed back and this time it felt like it was difficult to discern between the settings. I am getting forced feedback I am just having trouble getting a variance in it. I don't know whether the game is allowing the wheel to be all that it can be.

Will try out again with forza and Project CARS.

Last edited:
Podger, I obviously see the t300 on there amongst the options, but I don't see where it definitely designates it as the wheel I am using.

Additionally, I tried fiddling around with the force feed back and this time it felt like it was difficult to discern between the settings. I am getting forced feedback I am just having trouble getting a variance in it. I don't know whether the game is allowing the wheel to be all that it can be.

Will try out again with forza and Project CARS.
9bbb1f3e11bd8a3c313b0639881dc4.jpg

Yes, I was on that screen and I did 'click" on the T300, however, It is not like it is telling me that "that" is the wheel that I am using, unless I am missing something.

Additionally, Podger, with respect to your post #435 above in response to mine where you said, "You'll need to plug the shifter into the accessory port as the TM wheels in PC-mode replicate a T500 that doesn't have a DIN socket for the shifter.", unless I am confusing something you are saying, I cannot plug the TH8A shifter into the accessory port (of the Drive Hub, did you mean?), because for the reason even you stated, because it is not a USB connection, but a DIN socket.

BTW, again thank you for your assistance, and thank you in advance for any further comments.

Hi guys.

Can anyone confirm if Drivehub and the Logitech DFGT work as intended on GTS? If so I'll order one ASAP!

I had given up on playing any racing games on PS4 with a wheel, and refused to buy another on principle. So if it all works it will be an absolute result.

Thanks in advance!

So how's everyone feeling about about the drive hub since its been out I love it
Hi guys.

Can anyone confirm if Drivehub and the Logitech DFGT work as intended on GTS? If so I'll order one ASAP!

I had given up on playing any racing games on PS4 with a wheel, and refused to buy another on principle. So if it all works it will be an absolute result.

Thanks in advance!
Yes it do thats what I use works perfectly

Yes it do thats what I use works perfectly

That's great news! My Drivehub is out for delivery as of this AM! Too bad the GTS demo is over shortly. I'll have to try it out in Driveclub, as well as in Pcars1 and Forza 5 on the Xbone, which should hold me over for the weekend.

Although i must say, using my controller in the GTS demo (and even the closed beta) wasn't a completely terrible experience.

Yes, I was on that screen and I did 'click" on the T300, however, It is not like it is telling me that "that" is the wheel that I am using, unless I am missing something.

Additionally, Podger, with respect to your post #435 above in response to mine where you said, "You'll need to plug the shifter into the accessory port as the TM wheels in PC-mode replicate a T500 that doesn't have a DIN socket for the shifter.", unless I am confusing something you are saying, I cannot plug the TH8A shifter into the accessory port (of the Drive Hub, did you mean?), because for the reason even you stated, because it is not a USB connection, but a DIN socket.

BTW, again thank you for your assistance, and thank you in advance for any further comments.
The only thrustmaster shifters I’m aware of the the TH8RS and the TH8A...
The former is USB only and the later has 2 cables, a DIN for T300/TX/T150/TMX and a USB for PC and T500 on PS4....
Go through the box that the shifter came in, there should be another cable in there

Hi guys.

Thanks in advance!
That's great news! My Drivehub is out for delivery as of this AM! Too bad the GTS demo is over shortly. I'll have to try it out in Driveclub, as well as in Pcars1 and Forza 5 on the Xbone, which should hold me over for the weekend.

Although i must say, using my controller in the GTS demo (and even the closed beta) wasn't a completely terrible experience.
In pcars 1 it works super good in GTS it works super good too it get a 10 out of 10 from me

Back