Drive Hub Racing Wheel Converter

• Thread starter VBR
  • 3,303 comments
Just do what I did and buy the Podium PS4 and sell the F1 wheel. People buy them up as fast as they get posted on eBay/Facebook groups, etc.
They sell for anywhere between $550 and $700. I just sold mine for $575. I got a Universal Hub and I'm using it with a $35 JDM aftermarket rim from eBay. Works great.

So basically, $1800 for the DD1/PS4 - $575 after selling the F1 rim + $400 for Universal Hub + Rim = $1625. So the way I look at it, I wound up getting a round rim that I like with PS4 compatibility for less than the $1800 retail with the little bit of effort it required to sell the F1 rim.

Granted, that's not the ideal solution, but I believe I read on Fanatec's forums, maybe somewhere else, that the reason they can't/won't offer a GT style rim with the PS4 Podium is due to the licensing deal with F1 and Sony for the F1 rim. I was a little bit worried about how well the Universal Hub would work on PS4 but it works great.

Last edited:
A few questions about Drivehub.
1. Anyone here test it with the Xbox 360 steering wheel, PS4, and Gran Turismo Sport?
2. Would Drivehub make the Xbox 360 steering wheel produce force feedback on PC racing games like F1 2019? Without Drivehub, the wheel works but there is no force feedback.
3. It says that you need a Xbox 360 wireless receiver when using Drivehub with the 360 wheel. I have a generic 360 wireless receiver, not the official Microsoft receiver. Will the generic one work?

Yes to all your questions. I have the xbox 360 wheel and have been using it with the drivehub on ps4 and pc until I buy my fanatec setup. I'm also using a generic 360 wireless receiver.

I dont have f1 2019 but the ffb works well on pc on ac, forza 7, raceroom, and automobilista 2. Works great with gts and project cars 2 on ps4 as well.

You're right that without the drivehub you'll have no ffb on pc since there are no drivers. But no problems when using the drivehub, it tricks the game into thinking the wheel is a g27/29.

Yes to all your questions. I have the xbox 360 wheel and have been using it with the drivehub on ps4 and pc until I buy my fanatec setup. I'm also using a generic 360 wireless receiver.

I dont have f1 2019 but the ffb works well on pc on ac, forza 7, raceroom, and automobilista 2. Works great with gts and project cars 2 on ps4 as well.

You're right that without the drivehub you'll have no ffb on pc since there are no drivers. But no problems when using the drivehub, it tricks the game into thinking the wheel is a g27/29.
Great, thanks for the reply. I have been thinking about buying the Drivehub for several years now and finally did so today. Yes, the 360 steering wheel is not the best one out there. But I got mine for only $50 a few years ago, it does have force feedback, and I do have a wheelstand designed for it. It will be interesting to see how things work in Gran Turismo Sport since the G29 has more buttons vs the 360 wheel (at least I think that is the case).

Question, how do you setup the Xbox 360 wireless wheel with Drivehub? The instruction manual does not have any info on the 360 wheel. Do you plug the wireless receiver into the usb port titled wheel or accessory? Do you still need to plug a normal controller into the usb port titled controller? I cannot get it to work on PC. Tried it with F1 2015, Grid 2, and Dirt Rally. Steering works, but not brakes or gas pedals. And no force feedback. The wheel did look like it was going to work when plugging into either the wheel or accessory ports as it rotated L and R as usual when starting up.

Question, how do you setup the Xbox 360 wireless wheel with Drivehub? The instruction manual does not have any info on the 360 wheel. Do you plug the wireless receiver into the usb port titled wheel or accessory? Do you still need to plug a normal controller into the usb port titled controller? I cannot get it to work on PC. Tried it with F1 2015, Grid 2, and Dirt Rally. Steering works, but not brakes or gas pedals. And no force feedback. The wheel did look like it was going to work when plugging into either the wheel or accessory ports as it rotated L and R as usual when starting up.

Plug the receiver into the wheel USB port. No need for a controller.

You'll have to sync the wheel to the receiver which I assume happened since it rotated.

Did you manually install the 360 receiver driver on your pc? If its showing up as an unknown device in the device manager then you need to so that. The generic receiver won't be automatically detected correctly by windows and you need to manually install the driver each time you plug it in to the pc.

Also make sure you have the pedals and ffb power cord connected to the wheel and the cord into an outlet.

Instructions for manually installing the driver:

Go to Device Manager
-find Unknown device, right click

-Update drivers

-Browse for drivers in your computer

-Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer

Scroll down to and pick...
Xbox 360 peripherals

Scroll and pick...
Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows

Next. (It will display a warning)

Click Yes

Turn on the wheel and it should connect.

There's a video going through this on the Amazon page for the generic receiver here:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JC68MHU/?tag=gtplanet-20

Edit: also make sure you don't have any other wheel connected to the pc at the same time.

As an aside, getting generic xbox 360 wireless adapters working is a lot more challenging now due to Windows update 2004. I had to follow this to get the generic adapter working: . If you are on Windows 2004 I am pretty sure the manual driver install process above no longer works.

I did a few internet searches and someone suggested installing the Logitech G27 driver and running the Logitech calibration software. After doing that gas and brake are now working. Still no force feedback in game, and steering switches to the opposite direction if you steer one side too far. I have also sent a message to Drivehub support asking for help. In light of the fact that the Drivehub manual does not explain how to connect to PC it appears that PC support is not their highest priority.

Update, I heard back from tech support at Collective Minds. Their comment on PC support, "Sorry, the Drivehub is solely for PS4 and Xbox One use."

On the PS4 Drivehub worked great, A+. Wonderful product, just "plug and play".

On the PC let's call it "plug and pray". Someone on youtube suggested plugging a PS3 controller into the controller port on Drivehub to get FFB working on PC. I do not have a PS3 controller, but I do have a PS4 controller, so may as well try that. It is a little surprising that reviewers and anonymous people on forums can get Drivehub to work on PC. Also fair to say the number of Xbox 360 steering wheel folks using Drivehub is not that large.

Do you have Logitech profiler installed? Not sure if that's what you mean by the g27 driver/calibration software. Totally forgot I had already installed that to use my logitech momo wheel previously. With the drivehub logitech profiler shows the xbox 360 wheel as a g27.

Here's a direct link to the 32-bit version: https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs510.exe
and the 64-bit version (I have this one): https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs510_x64.exe

BTW thanks for the link about the wireless receiver install for windows 2004. i haven't used my wheel on pc since i got that update, and plan to do so tonight. FFB was working fine before, so I'll report back if there are any issues.

I also encountered that issue with the steering switching to the opposite direction when you go to either steering lock, but I just thought I was a terrible driver heh. Might play around with the settings to see if that can be fixed or at least mitigated.

Solved it. Here is how:

Had to install the Logitech profiler as you suggest Omega. Then, open control panel, right click on G27 wheel, game controller settings. Select properties and then settings. Check the box that says "Enable Centering Spring in Force Feedback Games." Without that box checked, no force feedback. Then, under degrees of rotation switch this to 270 since that is the correct stat for the 360 wheel. The degrees of rotation defaulted to something like 220. So when you turned the wheel too far, the computer interpreted that as turning the opposite direction.

The above paragraph is the solution for owners of the 360 wheel who want ffb with a Drivehub. Since Microsoft never developed the ffb driver this is what we must do. Though it should be noted MS promised the driver many years ago and did not deliver in this regard.

I am SUPER excited to finally get ffb on the 360 wheel and PC after all these years, hurray!

Solved it. Here is how:

Had to install the Logitech profiler as you suggest Omega. Then, open control panel, right click on G27 wheel, game controller settings. Select properties and then settings. Check the box that says "Enable Centering Spring in Force Feedback Games." Without that box checked, no force feedback. Then, under degrees of rotation switch this to 270 since that is the correct stat for the 360 wheel. The degrees of rotation defaulted to something like 220. So when you turned the wheel too far, the computer interpreted that as turning the opposite direction.

The above paragraph is the solution for owners of the 360 wheel who want ffb with a Drivehub. Since Microsoft never developed the ffb driver this is what we must do. Though it should be noted MS promised the driver many years ago and did not deliver in this regard.

I am SUPER excited to finally get ffb on the 360 wheel and PC after all these years, hurray!

Nice glad you got it figured out! The wheel lock clipping was definitely from having the degrees of rotation under 270, no issues there anymore.

Interestingly when i plugged in the drivehub into my pc tonight, I never had to go through the process of installing the wireless receiver driver. Not sure how or why, but my pc doesn't even show that a wireless receiver is connected at all, only the "g27." There are no unknown devices in my device manager either. Everything works fine using the 360 wheel. Eh it works! Also the drivehub itself started working as a shift light, but maybe I just didn't notice that before idk.

Picked up ACC on sale today.. amazing, i'm in love <3

Nice glad you got it figured out! The wheel lock clipping was definitely from having the degrees of rotation under 270, no issues there anymore.

Interestingly when i plugged in the drivehub into my pc tonight, I never had to go through the process of installing the wireless receiver driver. Not sure how or why, but my pc doesn't even show that a wireless receiver is connected at all, only the "g27." There are no unknown devices in my device manager either. Everything works fine using the 360 wheel. Eh it works! Also the drivehub itself started working as a shift light, but maybe I just didn't notice that before idk.

Picked up ACC on sale today.. amazing, i'm in love <3
Here is a guess regarding the wireless receiver driver. Using Drivehub on the PC with a 360 wireless receiver means the receiver is talking to Drivehub, not Windows 10. If you tried plugging the receiver directly into the PC for use with a wireless 360 pad (i.e., no Drivehub involved) I am pretty sure it would not work due to the Windows 10 version 2004 problem discussed above.

Here is a guess regarding the wireless receiver driver. Using Drivehub on the PC with a 360 wireless receiver means the receiver is talking to Drivehub, not Windows 10. If you tried plugging the receiver directly into the PC for use with a wireless 360 pad (i.e., no Drivehub involved) I am pretty sure it would not work due to the Windows 10 version 2004 problem discussed above.

Yea I'm sure you're right, but I swear I had to do the manual driver install before even when connected through the drivehub.

Has anyone had any issues with the Drivehub? I just bought one to use a fanatec CSR on xbox one. I followed the setup instructions. Everything went exactly how the instructions said it would go. The Drivehub recognizes the wheel, but the xbox controller doesn't seem to be recognized by the xbox one. So, I can't navigate in the console or use the wheel. When plugged into the Drivehub, my xbox displays the 'controller disconnected' message. I have updated the firmware on the wheel, controller, and Drivehub. If anyone has come across a similar issue, I would really appreciate some help.

Hey guys, thanks for the quick response posts. I've followed the manual instructions and videos very carefully. Controller was turned off. Specific order was followed. I can't understand what the issue might be. I've emailed Collective Minds support, so it may just be a case of waiting for their response. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Saw this in the drivehub faq. Did you try the 10 sec reboot?

Wheel not working on Xbox One! Help!

Make sure the Xbox One controller is OFF when you connect it to the Drive Hub and when you connect the Drive Hub to the Xbox One.

Update the Xbox One controller with the latest firmware.

Make sure your micro USB cable is good - most issues are because of a faulty cable.

Do a 10 second reboot - hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds to reboot it, that clears the cache. This is especially helpful if the Drive Hub inadvertently switches to “Play Mode” because it thinks the wheel is a GamePad.

I'm using the DRIVE HUB with CSW V2.5
I was using FW2.0.5 with no problems, but when I updated the FANATEC driver, I had a problem with DirtRally 2.0 and changed to Fw2.0.4!
But the buttons on CSW V2.5 are no longer responsive.
I reverted to Fw2.0.5 once again, but this time the switch of FANATEC / FANALOGIC mode of share + option long pressing was not possible.
Is there a solution?

I'm using the DRIVE HUB with CSW V2.5
I was using FW2.0.5 with no problems, but when I updated the FANATEC driver, I had a problem with DirtRally 2.0 and changed to Fw2.0.4!
But the buttons on CSW V2.5 are no longer responsive.
I reverted to Fw2.0.5 once again, but this time the switch of FANATEC / FANALOGIC mode of share + option long pressing was not possible.
Is there a solution?
Which steering wheel do you use?

Thank you.
I changed the order of the DriveHUB connection, and now I can change the mode.

However, I've confirmed that it freezes when I connect the shifter to the USB accessory terminal and press and hold the share + option button.
In that case, nothing can be done until the DriveHUB is rebooted.

DirtRally only works properly in FanaLogic mode, which is a bit inconvenient

With Fanalogic you mean it shows up as a G29, right? I use that all the times in all the games I play.

I also have some hickups when I startup the Drivehub when my keypad (homemade handbrake). 90% of the times it boots propperly and 10 % it doesn't.

Thank you.
I changed the order of the DriveHUB connection, and now I can change the mode.

However, I've confirmed that it freezes when I connect the shifter to the USB accessory terminal and press and hold the share + option button.
In that case, nothing can be done until the DriveHUB is rebooted.

DirtRally only works properly in FanaLogic mode, which is a bit inconvenient

I’ve found that I always have to reboot the drivehub after switching between fanatec/fans logic modes. The drivehub will show an E on the display. @Podger previously replied on a post saying that was a Comms error between the DualShock and drivehub and that disconnecting/reconnecting the drivehub was the best approach.

im typically leaving it in Fanatec mode these days as GT Sport, ACC, AC and F1 2020 support the wheels. If I do want to play dirt rally then I have to put it in fanalogic mode but it’s not that much of a hassle to reboot it.

I do sometimes find it takes a while for all the buttons to start responding having switched modes though, haven’t figured out a pattern for that though.

Reading all this, I decided to try Fanatec mode.

In F12020 and in ACC I could not assign the rotational function of the funky switch to actions. In Fanalogic mode I can do that. Als the FFB in both ACC and ACC was definitly less.

The one thing I did like was that the display on the Universal hub shows the speed in Fanatec mode.

I switch back to Fanalogic mode. It suits me fine in all my racing games.

Reading all this, I decided to try Fanatec mode.

In F12020 and in ACC I could not assign the rotational function of the funky switch to actions. In Fanalogic mode I can do that. Als the FFB in both ACC and ACC was definitly less.

The one thing I did like was that the display on the Universal hub shows the speed in Fanatec mode.

I switch back to Fanalogic mode. It suits me fine in all my racing games.

f1 doesn’t seem to support the funky switch but ACC does, you need to turn it about a half turn on the mapping screen though for some reason. I have the formula v2 wheel which has lots of extra buttons & leds for ACC/ F1.

f1 doesn’t seem to support the funky switch but ACC does, you need to turn it about a half turn on the mapping screen though for some reason. I have the formula v2 wheel which has lots of extra buttons & leds for ACC/ F1.

I can understand if you use the formula V2 wheel. You do want to use those leds and buttons.

Did you notice you had to increase/change the FFB when you switched from Fanalogic to Fanatec mode?

Back