Driveclub AI is Really Good? (Legend Difficulty)

• Thread starter Shirrako
  • 38 comments
Verdict: Driveclub AI destroys Project CARS...

...PCars on 100% is challenging but it feels cheap, the AI will ram you simply because they are not programmed to avoid your car, they may be unpredictable but very frustrating because they don't feel realistic at all.
PCars is a great game though.

Driveclub AI on legendary wins this fight guys, sorry PCars fans.
That bad, eh? Oh dear. I'll probably get around to pCars at some point anyway, but for now I'm happy with my quirky DC AI.

That bad, eh? Oh dear. I'll probably get around to pCars at some point anyway, but for now I'm happy with my quirky DC AI.
PCars and DC can't be compared in my opinion.

Gran Turismo fans will like Project CARS
Gran Turismo fans may hate Driveclub or love it.

Project CARS is guaranteed to be loved by GT fans while DC is not since it's very different.

Project CARS is guaranteed to be loved by GT fans while DC is not since it's very different.
Yeah, I wasn't really comparing them, more saying that I'd be getting pCars at some point, because hey, it's a driving game and I like GT6 - however, as I do enjoy my photomode, I won't be hurrying to get it unless a proper photomode option gets added. I was just a bit surprised that the AI is a bit rough around the edges, I suppose.

I agree. They can't be compared simply because the games are nearly poles apart from each other. Most GT Players will simply avoid DC due to the fact that it's labelled as an arcade racer in my eyes.

However in terms of comparing DC and Pcars AI, I'll see to that in June after exams.

In other news. Man DC AI is temperamental to me these days. In some races the AI will be super chilled and I'd win by a gap, other races will have me battling and avoiding opponents like they're South African taxis while at the same time I'm trying to take the Win.

It's really fun though I must say. By the way, I leave my difficulty on Legend now

Yeah, I wasn't really comparing them, more saying that I'd be getting pCars at some point, because hey, it's a driving game and I like GT6 - however, as I do enjoy my photomode, I won't be hurrying to get it unless a proper photomode option gets added. I was just a bit surprised that the AI is a bit rough around the edges, I suppose.
I was just saying that if you're a GT fan then you will deffo like Project CARS, The karting seasons are too long in my opinion but once you get behind the LMP cars, it feels so much like Gran Turismo 6, I didn't even need practice with the cars in LMP, I literally played the game exactly like GT6, it's a really good game, I just think that career should have a credit system so it feels more rewarding.

I was just saying that if you're a GT fan then you will deffo like Project CARS, The karting seasons are too long in my opinion but once you get behind the LMP cars, it feels so much like Gran Turismo 6, I didn't even need practice with the cars in LMP, I literally played the game exactly like GT6, it's a really good game, I just think that career should have a credit system so it feels more rewarding.
I was going to ask how it stacked against GT6 in my reply of yesterday, but I had to dash. Like I said, I'll probably be getting it due to the gestalt feeling being very similar to GT6.

Not really, DC AI is very aggressive on Legend difficulty, It felt like racing a good player online against the AI, not to mention that I had the better car and I'm not sure if the AI uses P1's KERS & DRS.

From my experience with racing games AI, I think that people are missing out by playing against the AI on lower difficulties.
At the end of the race, I didn't even win by half a second, really impressive, I think people should try out this difficulty and then say what they think.

What I would think? I think I would lose by miles and then take it down a notch.

Also, rubber banding is in effect as I have seen it hundreds of times in this game.

Challenge Accepted.
Maybe

I, personally, did not find it fun in the slightest. For a start, my friend Pollux458 was over and he wanted to take some pics of a pagani huayra. He had never played the game before, so he crashed and burned, and in the end just started screwing around and stopping here and there to take shots. Wanna know how far he lost by? 15 seconds. On hard difficulty. No rubber banding you say?

But, rubber banding doesn't necessarily make it not fun. Rubber band AI can and has been done very well in some certain games. Driveclub? Not even close. Yeah sure, the legendary AI is fast, but here is the biggest problem; The Driving line of these things are completely stupid. So if you are in front of them by only a little, you will be killed at the next corner unless you take the exact same driving line as the AI.

Now, to some people, this is fine, as their driving line reflects the AI. For me, it is not fine, because I prefer braking early and accelerating hard in the corner, as this does a couple of things. One, it is pretty much as fast as late braking if done correctly, and two, it causes the opposing drivers to rethink their own line and entry speed as there is a car slowing early and taking a much tighter apex than them directly in-front of them. If done correctly, it is very hard to overtake a person on this rhythm. Unfortunately, DC's aggressive AI has absolutely no clue how to deal with this, so they just ram you in the back, which causes you to spin, and they take none of the consequences because they are on rails and there is no damage. Either that or they overtake you in braking, completely stealing your line and often cutting grass to do so, which would probably send them to the pits in a real race

So yeah, the AI is just too dumb. Obviously they were designed this way so that they were hard to race with, and for some that may be fun. And I do realize that this doesn't only happen in DC, but it is the only game in which it happens to me without fail. so yeah, there is my 2 cents.

I've seen them corner cutting before, ploughing into each other and me (which happens in the way you were just saying, because I brake early too and feather the throttle to get round without spinning and at higher speed than if if I kept the throttle consistently open and I get good drive UNTIL THE AI DECIDES THEY WANT TO BRAKE ON THE CORNER EXIT OR ON A STRAIGHT!!! WHY!? :banghead:

Back