Driveclub Bikes

• Thread starter S30GodZ
  • 95 comments
With the addition of the awesome bikes expansion,it's got to the point where i fire up DC and i just don't know what to do,bikes or cars,some TT's or multiplayer,check out a few challenges or look at a few replays from previous session?
No I'll try and get some cool photos,ah but I wanted to put together some nice flip+chrome paintjobs!!
Too much content? :)
Personally I love those clean lap challenges (it certainly racks up the tension as you enter the third section pushing hard as that annoying ghost edges his nose ahead).In fact I'd love to see them implemented into the cars section as both challenges and in the time trial leaderboards(that would sort out the wallbouncers!)

Just done a few of the Bike Tour events and man, it's a whole new way of driving, I mean riding :lol: Coming primarily from car games I have no experience whatsoever with 2 wheels (heck, I can't event ride a bicycle IRL :ouch:). My only virtual bike experience is Burnout Paradise. I know DC is still not realistic judging by various online comments, but it's a lot more demanding. I can only imagine how difficult proper sim bike games like Tourist Trophy was :crazy:

I think my biggest issues so far are judging braking distance, steering lag and the inability to adjust your line once mid corner.

Braking distance is tricky because these bikes accelerate like the top hypercars, so my brain is conditioned to expect similar braking performance. But of course their reduced grip and lack of downforce means braking distances are twice as long.

Steering lag is two fold: first is due to the analog sticks' input lag (this is why I chose to play DC with a wheel - sadly it's not very good for biking :lol:). Second is the time it takes for the rider/bike to lean and generate peak cornering grip. I find that I tend to overcompensate and turn too early, which brings me to the third issue...

With a car adjusting mid corner behaviour is easy, but with a bike, you gotta be committed to your line. And unfortunately I found that I'm crap when it comes to predicting the cornering arc of a bike :ouch: If you have to straighten up mid corner, you lose all cornering force and you gotta start all over again (adding the steering lag above again). And you lose 2-3 places in just one corner. When you do judge it right and slingshot past the competition on the exit though, it's pure bliss 👍

Another issue is road imperfections and bumps. With the bikes bucking and lifting front wheels, it can make tracing the right line even more difficult.

Also, this is probably my lack of bike knowledge showing, but all the bikes kinda sound the same-ish. Maybe the higher level bikes are different so don't hold me on this just yet.

The skill events are interesting and I quite enjoyed them. More than the car drift events due to the odd physics. I haven't checked to see if it's possible to completely flip a bike though :lol:

Anyway, it's good to try out something new once in a while. I find myself looking up riding tips and MotoGP hotlaps online, trying to figure out how to improve my riding technique. It reminds me of my 10 year old self reading Gamefaqs tips on how to beat GT1/2 license tests, and picking what racing line means :embarrassed:

It's still easy to pick up as an arcade game. I'm not racing the most perfect lines but have been able to win every gold star in the game.

I only need the online podium replay trophy for the Platinum, but I guess that isn't going to happen with the dead online.

Well yeah once you learn the differences between bike and cars it's still easy (you can't really fall off by cornering too steeply I found out). But coming from a car background (and ONLY cars - in all my 20 years of gaming :lol:) it takes some getting used to.

I've done all the main Tour races except the final championship + 3 DLC Tours. The Kawasaki Ninja is a beast!

I like the bikes with a wheel. It feels more real and with less sensitive control. You can even use the clutch and shifter. Just wish they applied the hardcore mode to the bikes aswell before sony kicked the devs out. I tried with the gyroscope and it feels more laggy. Too bad it's so arcade. I prefer realism. Especially that there seems to be good physics under all that perhaps, from looking at the way bikes react from stunts in 3rd person.

It's still easy to pick up as an arcade game. I'm not racing the most perfect lines but have been able to win every gold star in the game.

I only need the online podium replay trophy for the Platinum, but I guess that isn't going to happen with the dead online.

There is always trophy boosting. Lol

The Driveclub PS communities always have someone here and there looking for players to have a 6 players lobby to unlock this trophy.

Back