Driveclub Bikes

• Thread starter S30GodZ
  • 95 comments
Tried the bikes again, now that the latest update gave it wheel support. Now I love it. With the controller it was just too much of a learning curve for an old man like me. :embarrassed:

Sadly crashes are a non event - you don't even fall off - you just get reset. Livery customization is good with a new set of bike liveries to unlock which can be used on cars too.
It's PEGI 3, they can't show such things with that rating, unless they make the game a completely seperate game and not an add-on, then it could receive a different rating.

To my knowledge PEGI 3 does not allow people falling off bikes since it gives the impression of serious injury or death.

I think we can all agree this is the reason why falling off bikes is not included.

It's PEGI 3, they can't show such things with that rating, unless they make the game a completely seperate game and not an add-on, then it could receive a different rating.

To my knowledge PEGI 3 does not allow people falling off bikes since it gives the impression of serious injury or death.

I think we can all agree this is the reason why falling off bikes is not included.
I don't think it's only to do with the rating. Its a fast paced game, crashes would break the momentum quite substantially.

Tourist Trophy's handling was more refined but DC is more action packed racing. I think DC Bikes comes to around 75% to 80% of Tourist Trophy's handling.

I read in here that even someone from the TT game was involved for DC Bikes.

I think you won't be disappointed!

On a side note .....
I loved the ZX12 in TT , raced that one for hours and hours on midfield :D

How are you folks getting the star that you need to do a stoppie for less than 0.02 seconds? Maybe I should try third-person or something, as I'm finding it really difficult to judge from feeling alone if my back wheel is lifting and by the time I feel it, then too much time has passed...:mad:

I only use the 1st person helmet cam/manual now. It takes a while and after quite a bit of practice it is exhilarating and now starting to get as quick if not quicker in this view. Gripping the apex in manual gears holding on the Tarmac low for as long as possible is unreal as is the speed on the p2p straights and race tracks. It does have its downsides of leaning your head and ds4 on each turn with the bike I have been told!! :ill::lol:
@MeanElf. Can't help you either as not got far in the tour been practicing and mastering single races and helmet cam and tt's

Strange, I finished the Bike tour on Monday and I can't remember seeing the challege @MeanElf asked about. Anyway, I use 3rd person (I think the one closer to the avatar) with automatic gear shift ... arcade all the way! :)

I finished the tour @MeanElf and I haven't seen the challenge you mentioned :embarrassed:

Can you tell me where you found it?
Do you mean the elite level challenges? You can now access those directly via your profile in the game. You will need to be level 60 though before the elite levels become available.

Do you mean the elite level challenges? You can now access those directly via your profile in the game. You will need to be level 60 though before the elite levels become available.

Sorry for being very unclear ;) I meant the challenge for this one

How are you folks getting the star that you need to do a stoppie for less than 0.02 seconds?

I haven't found it in the regular tour (SP) for bikes.

Yeah Meanelf, I haven't seen that challenge either! :lol:

Have you got the DLC early!? :scared:
Sorry if I mislead you and @doblocruiser as well as @3stripes (and a few others it seems.) It isn't a challenge as such, more like one of the requirements to earn a star in one of the bike events (Skillswitch)...which you must have earned without breaking into a sweat if you have all of the stars :)

I wish I did have the DLC early - this is proving to be a very long month :lol:

Sorry if I mislead, it isn't a challenge as such, more like one of the requirements to earn a star in one of the bike events (Skillswitch)...which you must have earned without breaking into a sweat if you have all of the stars :)

I wish I did have the DLC early - this is proving to be a very long month :lol:
I must have accidentally got it then, odd..can't remember that star at all.

The two new bikes are really nice, I particularly like the slower SX model (haven't tested it in a race yet, the acceleration stat would suggest it's not competitive).

Meanwhile - what I just wrote about the new bike (and more) addition of another game in the The Crew thread:
"Even without buying the expansion, you can test drive bikes from the bike store in St. Louis.
Which also put an end to my considerations about getting Wild Run - I was already having a difficult enough time really having fun with the car handling in this game, but the bikes (much like the cars) just feel utterly lifeless after playing DriveClub Bikes."

Got the new KTM 1290 Super Duke R after playing 2 times 16 laps in Bandipur, India with KTM RC8 R. Love this game :)

note: I had to complete KTM Owners Accolade Level 10 to get this one.

man the bikes tour is a lot harder than the car tours, the "do the fast time with clean lap/sectors" are especially rough for me, as so many times I have a good time and then hit a slightly wider exit and boom, lap gone, then you try to be conservative and it's too slow, aargh :) fun times though

I unlocked the KTM 1290 Super Duke R and have to say the bikes just do nothing for me. I'll try my favourite tracks with it but I am glad I decided not to buy the expansion.

I swear these you get the 3rd star only if you have a clean lap things are evil, especially the one I am now in the (in)famous India venom hot lap track with a monsoon going on, although it took me quite some time to get the 2-clean-sector "hot pocket" or whatever it was a few events back

Well. I finally got done with DC Bikes, and man do I feel about it. There was this one event that had 9 laps I couldn't even beat because I didn't know how to ride the bikes properly. So I did a sprint that took place in Chile to learn how to go in and out of corners "the right way" when using them. So, I harness that ability and was able to beat that annoying event (thank lord for that btw cause I got so butthurt over it, haha :lol:).

Now that that's been taken care off, I'll just be going back and forth in cars and bikes. :)

...PS: I would have added via edit that the above was found on Twitter and it is created to Calum Editing (but the editing of posts with vids in them is bad lately...well, it is for me - the vid overlays the 'save' button.)

Last edited:
Back