Driveclub Bikes

• Thread starter S30GodZ
  • 95 comments
United States
United States
CriticalDispatch
I didn't see a thread for specifically this, so, yeah. Just wanted to hear some of you guys thoughts on it so far. For me, I'm loving the change up to bikes. I've been having alot of fun comparing my times with bikes vs super cars. And I'm really digging on the Bimota, I think that's what it's called. Not really hardcore into bikes like I am with cars, but all in all its really fun. Not quite as fun as Tourist Trophy,lol, but still fun.

I'm not a bike fan IRL but I think adding bikes is not a terrible idea. Pretty fun actually. Looks like they took a leaf out of PGR's book.

I am looking very forward to downloading this expansion. I've always thought the games tracks were perfect for bikes.

They also tweeted big news to come later this week.

I'm waiting to hear from fellow forum members what it's like before making a purchase.
You guys are a valuable source of information to help me make my purchase decisions and I put a fair amount of faith in the opinions of several members in particular.
I am interested to hear what the handling is like, I am after a SIMcade type handling model like the cars have. Do the bikes all handle very differently from each other etc?

From my little bit of experience with the Bike expansion last night I would say the handling is very much on the arcade side - but great fun. I rode 3 different bikes and can't say I really noticed any differences but then I wasn't focussing on that at all. It's a great addition to the game in my opinion.

I'm waiting to hear from fellow forum members what it's like before making a purchase.
You guys are a valuable source of information to help me make my purchase decisions and I put a fair amount of faith in the opinions of several members in particular.
I am interested to hear what the handling is like, I am after a SIMcade type handling model like the cars have. Do the bikes all handle very differently from each other etc?
It's definitely on the arcade side of things. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the back end to break loose. They definitely have traction control and ABS set to unrealistic levels. Aside from that, its a real thrill to ride in helmet cam. All the bikes have relatively the same handling. Some have slightly better braking and accel, but you can mostly notice some bikes will hold a "drift" easier than others.

The only thing I was a little disappointed about was the crash handling - you don't ever actually come off the bike - hit a wall, front flip or back flip and you effectively just get reset. Considering the car crashes possible in the game I found it a little odd that wasn't extended to the bikes. Maybe they didn't want loads of ragdolled rider photos flooding the net??!!

The only thing I was a little disappointed about was the crash handling - you don't ever actually come off the bike - hit a wall, front flip or back flip and you effectively just get reset. Considering the car crashes possible in the game I found it a little odd that wasn't extended to the bikes. Maybe they didn't want loads of ragdolled rider photos flooding the net??!!
I was disappointed by this as well. It would have been cool to see your rider skidding across the track.

I was disappointed by this as well. It would have been cool to see your rider skidding across the track.
I agree but it'd probably be a bit much for an expansion for a base game that is 3+. ;)

My only experience with bikes at all is my mountain bike to and from college! :lol: I do find it a bit irritating that it's impossible to oversteer and therefore fall off but they are lots of fun!

Does anyone know the fastest bike out of the twelve? I'm a bit clueless.

I'm not into bikes but this add on for £11.99 is worth it. Quite some fun riding a bike and very exhilarating with the sense of speed as you push it around a track and through the corners where the world almost tilts vertically. Really cool. As per Driveclub standards the level of detail on the bike an operation is impressive. Though it also re confirms why I won't be able to handle a motorbike in real life. I wouldn't be able to deal with the whole leaning into corners when at speed. lol.

I don't know how to feel about it yet. It so different from the base game, which everybody expected to be an arcade and it turned out to be a sim-arcade. Well, Bikes is definitely arcade-arcade and I kinda don't like this.
Maybe I need a bit more time with it, but dare I say that I felt more comfortable with what The Crew has done with bike handling so far? :)

So how many bikes are actually added? I assume they are all real?

As I haven't seen any photos of cars driving alongside the bikes, I assume this is not possible? Quite a shame if you ask me...

It's a licencing thing.

Driveclub Bikes, that's a contradiction in terms as one does not simply drive a bike, one rides it. Should be called Rideclub!

;)

VBR
Driveclub Bikes, that's a contradiction in terms as one does not simply drive a bike, one rides it. Should be called Rideclub!

;)
With the game Ride already out there, possibly Rideclub might be seen as misleading, or a misuse or something like that /legalstuff. In the end though, there are just twelve bikes and over a hundred cars, so the focus is still firmly on the cars I'd say :)

So how many bikes are actually added? I assume they are all real?
As I haven't seen any photos of cars driving alongside the bikes, I assume this is not possible? Quite a shame if you ask me...

12 bikes, all real. Cars and bike are separated in game (and also in some menus), most likely because is hard to obtain a good balance between the two, especially when one has a sim-arcade control (cars) to it and other is purely arcade style (bikes).

The "Rideclub" stuff is everywhere (Youtube, forums, comments sections etc.) so I'm pretty sure they think of this when considering names. The fact is (beyond what @MeanElf said) that this is not a new IP to get it's own name. It's an add-on part of Driveclub universe. Search Driveclub on PSN and you will find every bit of game and DLC launched until now, Rideclub will not appear there. Also, to drive a bike it's not grammatically incorrect, just sounds weird. :)

Last edited:

I would also like to see my rider fall. I'm sure there would be a lot of this kind of shots if we could get our rider from the bike ;)

IMG_0126.JPG

Honestly? i feel a teeny bit let down by this "big update", I love bikes, i loved motoracer and have been looking for a replacement for ages, but, i bought Driveclub to drive cars, i bought a steering wheel to drive cars, ive been waiting for the update with excitement hoping for new tracks, cars etc and we got bikes, now don't get me wrong i bought it and played it and liked it but honestly now i think i'm over it, i got to the first trophy after playing for enough stars and switched off halfway through, ive turned it on today played one single event and turned off. May be that i'm being grumpy this does happen to me at this time of year but... I WANT THE BIG UPDATE. haha

For those who have the bikes, how is the handling working out for you?

I've been trying to get used to it, but it's really twitchy. When I feel I can take a corner, I end up really oversteering or really understeering. It's really exhilarating, though. I need to practise more when I have the time.

Somebody here had called it the best handling bike game since Tourist Trophy and I'm inclined to agree. Most bike games are about as exciting to play as watching paint dry; Ride springs immediately to mind, as does the Moto GP series. What I think makes Driveclub's physics more engaging is that you get more feedback than you do in those other games, you can actually see weight transfer happening and if you play from the chase cam, that visual feedback really enhances the feel and sense of control. What's more, some tracks that I was never I love with, like Glenmorgan for example, are perfect for bikes. With bikes you really have to commit to your line, otherwise you're gonna be off-rhythm for an entire string of corners, and that kind of necessitates relearning the tracks. I'm enjoying it.

Back