Driveclub feature request OT (Thank you EVO)

sems4arsenal

Nissan Sunny FTW
Premium
Egypt
Cairo, Egypt
GTP_SEMS
DriveClubBanner.jpg

MASSIVE THANKS TO EVO FOR LISTENING SO FAR <3

As of March 22nd 2016, Evolution studios is sadly no more. Driveclub's post launch support was fantastic and the fact they directly communicated with us in this thread goes to show how much effort they put in and it's nothing short of impressive.

This game will live on and as a fan of their studio and Driveclub, would just like to extend my thanks and wish them all the best.

Thank you EVO

Rest of the list at post #198

-Replays (On the way)
-Weather
-Photomode
-Cockpit view but with the speed and gear display to the right like all other displays.
-Private lobbies (on the way)

-Club expansion (not happening)
-better ways to download pictures without compressions (PNG support in update 3.0 for PS4)
-Turn your ghost on/off with one button
-option to race against the same cars, instead of a collection from the same class

- Accolades for the DLCs (like "play 100 events in Japan", "300km with the Jaguar" and so on)
-more slots for custom liveries;
- a sharefactory theme for Driveclub (I know it's not up to Evolution Studios this one)

- filters for replays
-HAVE PHOTO MODE CAMERA PARAMETERS REMAIN FOR CURRENT SESSION
- Be able to bring up the HUD with a button OR have the HUD come up automatically at the end of each section and then go off automatically

Last edited:
No bs like vista mode.

Cars, some murican and JDM more tracks roads which we will be getting.

I want mods and tuning in the future, have not heard anything about that.

Single player works, all online functionality is broken at the moment. I was lucky to get to play some the day before release and the servers worked great all day. Release day, it all went to Hell.

That depends on what you find improtant doesn't it? Personally, I think you are stretching the point because the game itself, works in SP. I mean, if your internet goes down for a few hours, do you say the game you are currently playing isn't working anymore?

Yea, unlike Diablo 3 or any game that requires an online connection to play, DC is still playable offline in single player mode, you just have half the features.

Yea, unlike Diablo 3 or any game that requires an online connection to play, DC is still playable offline in single player mode, you just have half the features.
Same for GT5/6 in respect of the Seasonals and certain other features - now that I call not working.

The fact that the game is called DriveClub, and that the game primarily is designed to be a social experience, between players and clubs, I would say it isn't working. But if your happy that it is fine how it is, you carry on. This should have been sorted before release, it is a shambles.

The fact that the game is called DriveClub, and that the game primarily is designed to be a social experience, between players and clubs, I would say it isn't working. But if your happy that it is fine how it is, you carry on. This should have been sorted before release, it is a shambles.
And I repeat an earlier comment I made: have you worked with a software rollout before? They are a nightmare and a playground for chaos theory.

It's not as if this is the only game developer who has experienced this kind of problem. I know some find it easiest to just say the devs should sort it and that it was down to sloppiness etc. Yet I find it very hard to believe that a dev would willingly expose themselves to a week or two of extra long days fixing something post-launch, not if they could have done so before the launch - it just makes no sense.

Back to the actual topic, I'm going to go with replays and a proper photo mode.

The server issues are a pain, but I wouldn't say it makes the game incomplete. I'm sure that problem will be solved soon enough.

Cockpit view but with the speed and gear display to the right like all other displays.
You already have this in DC - there are two interior views, one normal where you see the steering wheel etc and the other which is closer up to the dashboard. Gear and speedometer are displayed to the right.

-Replay Mode (rumored to be in the works for the current game but why this wasn't included from the get-go is baffling. This game is real pretty, why not give people more options to enjoy it??)

-Weather (has been shown for the current game, rumored to be in a patch at some point).

-A little something more for single player. The game just feels a bit bare-bones with a basic menu for objective gathering. Nothing too exciting about it. Kind of reminds me of the GT6 'career' mode with the star collecting. It's just kind of there. Haven't really given much thought to a way I'd like to see this fleshed out more just putting my thoughts out there on the single player so far.

-A 'leave me alone about your stupid servers' button. Honestly who thought it was a good idea to scroll red text across the middle of the screen to constantly remind the player they're not connected to the server every single race?? So annoying. (yeah I can turn the HUD off but when I'm going for objectives I want to see how I'm doing!) A simple icon in the corner of the screen would have sufficed.

-Tracks with a little more personality. Each area/location is simply gorgeous and I'm so glad to see locations you don't normally see in racing games but the individual tracks themselves are kind of a mishmash. I can't really tell one from the other so far as none really stand out on their own.

-more, more, more point to point races. Did I say more? I want more point to point races! :D I was very happy to see these in the game and I love long drives in these nice locations. I want more! :lol:

-way more cars. I know they're releasing DLC down the road but I really hope to see a much larger car selection in the next game.

-This is just a personal thing but I'd give anything for tracks that don't have any corner rumble strips, no crowds, no confetti blowing, big flags waving & all of the silliness on the tracks. I wish there were a way to have graphic setting where all of that could be turned off and you could just race on a track like you just found a section of road to race on with nothing else around but the beautiful location & the road. Again, I don't want what it looks like now removed completely, just an option to turn it all off.

You already have this in DC - there are two interior views, one normal where you see the steering wheel etc and the other which is closer up to the dashboard. Gear and speedometer are displayed to the right.
I want the 1 with the steering wheel and have the gear and the speed

Expanded clubs for more then 6 drivers

Private rooms

Some way to view the track maps

Enhanced crash physics. Ive crashed 1000 times at every speed and the only time I rolled was in a Mini._going 30mph. The great sense of speed is wasted when theres no fear of crashing. You can drive 200mph into every wall and nothing will happen.

Expanded clubs for more then 6 drivers

Private rooms

Some way to view the track maps

Enhanced crash physics. Ive crashed 1000 times at every speed and the only time I rolled was in a Mini._going 30mph. The great sense of speed is wasted when theres no fear of crashing. You can drive 200mph into every wall and nothing will happen.

I agree with most of the suggestions on here.

I did manage to roll the RUF hypercar last night going about 150mph through an old switcheroo.

I'd like to see for the races in single player when you have a choice of cars that the cars you have completed the race in shows the stars or just a trophy to show it has been completed using that car. Adds more playability to it.

What I want:

• More country locations. At the moment I want tracks with location: US, England, Japan, Switzerland, Australia. Edit: Japan location is now available with game update version 1.10.
  • City tracks. Driving in rural area is nice, but it would be great if we can drive inside a city layout.
  • More point-to-point track layouts.
  • More circuit layouts. I think it would be great if they can make a real life circuit into the game (Nurburgring :D)
  • More cars, obviously. (Edit: more cars coming along with DLC). I wondering what about Japanese folks thinking when they played the game but did not find any of Japanese cars.
  • Photo mode but not direct screenshot. I want the image re-rendered with higher quality, like Gran Turismo does. Edit: now available with photo mode. Tap right side of touchpad, wait for seconds, then push Share button.
  • More car customization options. I think body kit, wing and tire adjustment is enough.
  • More club capacity. I have racing game community but I dont like it when all my friends cannot join the club...since max club member is only 6 people.
  • Private match. I want to do head to head with friends but not with random people online. Edit: https://twitter.com/Rushy33/status/519190078900699136
  • Button layout. I want the use the R analog for gas and brake. At the moment I cannot adjust them. Edit: now available along with weather update.
  • Drag racing mode. I think racing club activities is not limited only for racing.

Last edited:
Brakes that actually work.

Gears that you can change when you want them to and not half way through a corner when the paddle is out of the way...

Just to update, some of the requested features have already made it

Photomode
Weather
Button Mapping
Few more cars and tracks

so far so good with replays coming early 2015. Oh and the game works.

Back